To switch to a lower profile foreign team could be a good idea, but you can attend job interviews for higher ones as well, I am unsure that your adaptabilty level has any effect on this. Btw do you have the highest license?

I always thought adaptability had an affect on it but i could be wrong. but I have continental b license but when i got my job with arsenal I didnt even have Continental license. I just got turned down for the Hamburg Job and I even tried agreeing to all the Philosophy's that they wanted :S

Since I started this tactic with my Hertha team I have won 9, lost 5 and drawn 4 (league and Europa league matches) Currently 6th. Was 12th when I started to use the tactic.
Finish 4th last season but I don't think my team is as good this season after loosing some of my best players.

I am just trying to work out now when to use Alpha and when to use the Counter. For now I am going to use Alpha when I am favourite and use the Counter when I am not and see how that goes.

Just had the mid season break then played Bayern at home first game. Started with Alpha, was 3-0 down at half time. Switched to Counter for 2nd half and game ended 3-2. Then played away to a team just below me in the league. Kept Alpha and easily won 3-0.

What's the difference between Alpha v1 and v2 ?

Not really feeling the love with Alpha. Its a good tactic but not great, lot of possession but not a lot of goals to be honest and its not performing all that well whenits up against big teams such as Sporting and Benfica in the league, teams I should beat. My strikers (Jota and Andre Silva) doesnt love it either.

Hi guys great tactic. I have used this as a base and changed it slightly into a 3 cb 2 wb dm cm t dlf dlf and working great playing great stuff. However the 1 position I'm struggling with is the treq he gets around 7 rating but not really offering much. what type of #player is best here to get that bit more from this position

thanks

Hi guys great tactic. I have used this as a base and changed it slightly into a 3 cb 2 wb dm cm t dlf dlf and working great playing great stuff. However the 1 position I'm struggling with is the treq he gets around 7 rating but not really offering much. what type of #player is best here to get that bit more from this position

thanks

Im your case it is a different tactic, so it is possible that Treq is not effective at all.

Zyndar,

I was almost fired on my second season with Alpha 2. He went straight to Alpha 1 and he got better. There is a problem with Alpha 2.

Very interesting tactic. I tried with Coruna (Deportivo la Coruna), spanish premier league
View attachment 88231

Final table
View attachment 88230

Results
View attachment 88229
View attachment 88228

Transfers : no new players in, one of the best players (Sidnei, central defender) out in January
View attachment 88227

Team statistics. Very good posession, very good pass completion rate, good set pieces. Coruna team is the oldest players in the league. Defensive is one of the the worst of the league and this 4th place is a real miracle.
View attachment 88226
Player statistics
View attachment 88225

A complete statistic match-by-match. Positives : many shots on target and many chances generated. A reasonable low number of shots on target and chances allowed. Negatives : a huge number of long shots. Many cards, especially red cards. Some defensive problems (generated perhaps by the low level of 'tackling' and 'composure' attributes). Some problems with the very compact defensives because wide defenders are not able to provide enough width (and they become vulnerable if their duty is changed form support to attack)
View attachment 88224

I'll try this tactic with another (and better) team. Overall, a very good tactic.

Very interesting tactic. I tried with Coruna (Deportivo la Coruna), spanish premier league
View attachment 1122466

Final table
View attachment 1122467

Results
View attachment 1122468
View attachment 1122469

Transfers : no new players in, one of the best players (Sidnei, central defender) out in January
View attachment 1122470

Team statistics. Very good posession, very good pass completion rate, good set pieces. Coruna team is the oldest players in the league. Defensive is one of the the worst of the league and this 4th place is a real miracle.
View attachment 1122471
Player statistics
View attachment 1122472

A complete statistic match-by-match. Positives : many shots on target and many chances generated. A reasonable low number of shots on target and chances allowed. Negatives : a huge number of long shots. Many cards, especially red cards. Some defensive problems (generated perhaps by the low level of 'tackling' and 'composure' attributes). Some problems with the very compact defensives because wide defenders are not able to provide enough width (and they become vulnerable if their duty is changed form support to attack)
View attachment 1122473

I'll try this tactic with another (and better) team. Overall, a very good tactic.

Well, that's what I call detailed feedback :)

Journeyman save, 1st season. The plan is to play 2 full seasons everywhere. I have used ALPHA 2 and ALPHA 2 COUNTER mixed during the season, but the counter a bit more often. Media prediction was 8th.

Last edited:
Hi Zyndar, Do you use the counter version at the start of the match or you switch only during the match?

Hi Zyndar, Do you use the counter version at the start of the match or you switch only during the match?

Both. Mainly I am starting away matches with counter and changing if necessary and vica versa.

Thank's mate
Who is the corner taker?

Last edited:
Second game. Rio Ave from portuguese premier league. Media prediction : 7

View attachment 87871

Final table
View attachment 87870

Results
View attachment 87869
View attachment 87868
View attachment 87867

Transfers : no new players, two important players out
View attachment 87866

Team statistics. Again, excellent posession and pass completion rate. Good corner set pieces. Rio Ave is an "above average" team, but have some problems. Defenders are mediocre in terms of 'marking' and 'positioning'. Strikers are mediocre in terms of 'composure' and 'off the ball'. Aditionally, their 'finishing' attribute is very low (10,11, and at most 12). Training can compensate a little, but this problem can not be solved without some transfers.
View attachment 87863

Player statistics
View attachment 87862

Complete statistic
View attachment 87861

Again, a lot of shots on target and chances generated. Reasonable low number of shots and chances allowed.
Number of log shots still remains very high, despite the fact that 'my' key players unlearned any long shot trait.
Of course, 3rd place can be viewed as a very good but not exceptional performance. But there are some explanations. First, is not easy at all to work with strikers who have low 'finishing' and 'composure' attributes. They can kill any manager with their mistakes. Second, this save was unlucky. There are at least 9-10 games when opposite team scored easily from a very low number of shots and chances (low 'positioning' ?). Third : i tried to not make too many changes because I wanted to see how good is this tactic, not how bad are my mistakes. My final opinion : is a really good tactic and if is used with the right players and in right situations this tactic can get great results.