A Mini Journeyman Series - UK & Ireland

Why did you choose Dartford over Wealdstone?

January 2018

Dartford-FC.png

January 2018

With the club already out of the FA Cup and FA Trophy, it's only the league to worry about. They confirm what they told me at interview, that they're looking for a top half finish.

View attachment 38696

Saturday 13th January 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Truro

Formation: 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Brown, Murphy (Pugh 60), Issa (Della Verde 60), Mills (Pavey 70)

View attachment 38695

What a ****** start that is! The Tamworth failure has only gone and won his first game in charge of the Darts 5-1!! Still can't keep a clean sheet and yes I know it's only Truro, but who gives a ****....I've had so much misery over the past few months, so just let me enjoy this moment!

My star man from my first game in charge, Tariq Issa, will miss my 2nd game in charge with a minor injury! However, he'll be fit enough to stick on the bench in case we need him!

View attachment 38694

Saturday 20th January 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Poole
vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton (Vint 61), Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Brown (Fonguck 61), Murphy, Della Verde (Issa 75), Mills

View attachment 38693

We were definitely the better of the two sides here, but just couldn't find that 2nd goal to give us the win. We played well and a lot of Poole's shots were hopeful efforts from long range, which make the stats look like it was a much closer game than it actually was!

Saturday 27th January 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
St.Albans vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Murphy, Issa (Pugh 72), Mills

View attachment 38692

An entirely dominant performance against a team that is above us in the league! We were brilliant here and their goal really was down to a lapse in concentration as we relaxed with only seconds to go.

7 points from my opening 3 games has seen us rise one place in the table to 9th. A good, solid start!

View attachment 38691

Player of the Month
Danny Mills

View attachment 38690
View attachment 38689

Danny has made a fantastic start to 2018, scoring in every game!

Four games coming up in February and they're all against sides in the bottom half of the table, so hopefully I can maintain this solid start into next month!

View attachment 38688

Why did you choose Dartford over Wealdstone?

Bigger squad with more players in various positions. Wealdstone had more weaknesses in their team. Felt I could create a strong formation with the players available at Dartford. Plus, they're a local team to me, only 20 minutes down the road :)

Good start at the new job, just don't let the extra £25 a week go to your head

February 2018

Dartford-FC.png

February 2018

Saturday 3rd February 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Hungerford

Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Murphy, Issa (Pugh 74), Mills (Pavey 74)

View attachment 38512

Another solid home performance makes it 4 in a row without defeat since I took over! Mills kept up his goalscoring form by bagging another today!

Saturday 10th February 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs
Havant & Waterlooville
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck (Brown 71), Murphy, Issa (Pugh 61), Mills (Pavey 82)

View attachment 38511

Another home win!! Ernie Allan is back baby...a five match unbeaten run!

Saturday 17th February 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Braintree
vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Della Verde, Fonguck, Murphy, Issa, Mills

View attachment 38510

How we didn't win this game I don't know. We were dominant from start to finish and firmly in control. Unfortunately, we missed a number of good chances to win the match, but at least we're still unbeaten.

Saturday 24th February 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs
East Thurrock
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Della Verde, Fonguck (Noble 63), Murphy (Issa 41), Pugh, Mills

View attachment 38509

We didn't set the world alight with this performance, but we got the job done in a professional manner!

That's a blow...Tom Murphy has been decent down the right wing for me since I took over here, but now I'll have to do without him for the next 2 months!

View attachment 38508

The annual youth intake provides us with only 1 decent prospect in Jamie Fuller.

View attachment 38507

View attachment 38506

Hope! That's what I've given the Dartford fans....hope of an outside chance of making the playoffs as we're now within touching distance. You're welcome Darts fans, you're welcome!

View attachment 38505

Player of the Month
Jordan Simpson

View attachment 38504
View attachment 38503

The defensive midfielder has been solid this month with 4 good performances, 1 of which was outstanding! His role sitting just in front of the back line is critical and when he's making up to 6 tackles a game and 5 interceptions a game, he's doing a ****** good job!

Five games ahead next month. We open against Eastbourne Boro who offered me a job in January, and finish against Bognor Regis who offered me my first job! Hopefully I can show both sides what they're missing out on!

View attachment 38502

March 2018

Dartford-FC.png

[FONT=&quot]
March 2018

[/FONT]
Saturday 3rd​ March 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Eastbourne Boro vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Della Verde (Bradbrook 66), Fonguck, Pugh, Issa, Mills (Pavey 66)

View attachment 38449

It’s hard to see why Eastbourne are struggling so much, based on this performance. They put in a really good shift and nobody can deny they deserved their point here. I can’t even use the excuse that we were ****, because we weren’t….Boro just did very well to match us!

Saturday 10th​ March 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Bath
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook (Sent off 71), Fonguck, Pugh (Della Verde 71), Issa, Mills

View attachment 38448

This was very even and looked like it could go either way, right up until the sending off on 71 minutes. Then it was pretty much all Bath, but we hung on for dear life to claim an important point against the side just above us in the league!

As I did with Tamworth, I asked the board to go find me a senior affiliate club. They came back with a few options which included Blackpool, Shrewsbury and Doncaster. However, Blackburn Rovers have the best youth facilities of all of them, so that’s who I went with.

View attachment 38447

Saturday 17th​ March 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Hemel Hempstead vs Dartford
Formation: 4-1-2-3 Wide (Changed to 3-4-3 Wide on 79 minutes)
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner (Noble 79), Pritchatt, Simpson, Della Verde, Fonguck, Hayes (Pugh 65), Issa, Mills (Pavey 65)

View attachment 38446

Another game against a side just above us in the league (6th​). This time we didn’t get anything from the game and as I reflect on my first defeat as Dartford manager, it was probably justified as Hempstead were the better side.

Saturday 24th​ March 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Chelmsford
Lineup: Hawtin, Sarpong-Wiredu (Fish 76), Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Hayes (Pugh 48), Issa, Mills (Pavey 62)

View attachment 38445

I had a slight problem against the league leaders here….first choice goalkeeper Deren Ibrahim was off on international duty and I had no backup keeper in the squad. So I had to give a debut to 15 year old Grant Hawtin! Not ideal when you’re playing one of the top scoring sides in the division and Chelmsford managed to put 3 goals past the youngster! However, it didn’t matter on the day as we were relentless going forward ourselves and managed to put 4 in the back of their net to record a massive win!

Winger, Ryan Hayes, hasn’t exactly been a first team regular for me (although he has featured in the last 2 games). However, he won’t be featuring at all for the rest of this season after picking up an injury in the Chelmsford game that will keep him out for up to 3 months!

View attachment 38444

20 year old full back, Callum Pritchatt has impressed me since I’ve been here and is rewarded with an extension to his contract which was due to end at the end of the season.

View attachment 38443

Saturday 31st​ March 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Bognor Regis vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu (Fish 69), Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Noble (Brown 69), Bradbrook, Fonguck, Della Verde, Issa, Pavey

View attachment 38442

Elliott Bradbrook 4, Bognore Regis 0! The midfielder bags 4 goals with our only 4 shots of the game as we record a big away victory against the struggling south coast side.

Bradbrook’s 4 goals in the game against Bognor sets a new club record.

View attachment 38441

With just 5 games remaining, it looks like it’s going to be a fight to the very end between us and Bath for the final playoff spot! Hampton & Richmond have already secured a playoff place as they jump to the top of the league, whilst at the bottom, Oxford City’s relegation is confirmed. It looks more and more likely that it will be Eastbourne Boro and Poole that will be joining them in the lower regional divisions next year.

View attachment 38440

Player of the Month
Elliott Bradbrook

View attachment 38439
View attachment 38438

A controversial one I guess as he got himself sent off in one game, only played 24 minutes of another and missed a game through suspension! But you can’t deny that for every minute he was on the pitch this month, the central midfielder was fantastic!

April will see the regular league fixtures completed and we have five games left to play. It’s not going to be an easy run in for us by any means, with the likes of Hampton & Richmond, Chippenham and Welling all sitting in the current top 4!

View attachment 38437

April 2018

Dartford-FC.png

April 2018

Monday 2nd​ April 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Concord vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Fish (Sarpong-Wiredu 61), Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Pugh (Della Verde 61), Shomotun, Pavey (Mills 61)

View attachment 38427

The stats seem to suggest that Concord were on top in this game, but watching through the highlight reel, you’d see that wasn’t the case at all and in fact all their chances were pot shots from distance, while we seemed to be banging on the door for the entire game but struggled to take our chances. Disappointing to draw this game as I saw it as a must win for us with some of the fixtures coming up! On the flip side, Bath did lose, so we jump above them into the playoff spots with this point.

Centre back Tom Bonner is absolutely key for us and it was important I tied him down to a new contract, which sees him here for another 2 years!

View attachment 38426

Despite being 33 years old, Elliott Bradbrook is clearly a quality player at this level, so I was happy to offer him another 1 year contract.

View attachment 38425

That new contract is justified as Bradbrook’s name is being floated about as a potential winner of the National League South Player of the Season award!

View attachment 38424

Saturday 7th​ April 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Hampton & Richmond
Lineup: Ibrahim, Fish, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Shomotun (Della Verde 82), Issa, Mills (Pavey 60)

View attachment 38423

H&R are challenging for the league title, but you’d never have though it based on this performance. They were ******* awful and we ran rings around them for 90 minutes! Despite that, we had to settle for a 0-0 draw though as we just couldn’t find the back of the net! Bath only managed a draw with Wealdstone and we stay above them in the table by a point!

The club’s 16 draws this season is a new club record.

View attachment 38422

The shortlist for the Player of the Season has been drawn up and I’m asked to cast my vote. As I can’t vote for my own player in Elliott Bradbrook, I give me vote to Chelmsford’s Danny Green….any player that can get 16 assists in a season has done amazingly well and Green is clearly a big reason for Chelmsford’s success this year!

View attachment 38421

Saturday 14th​ April 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Welling vs Dartford
Formation: 4-1-2-3 Wide (Changed to 4-2-2-2 Wide on 84 minutes)
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton (Vint 75), Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson (Pavey 84), Bradbrook, Fonguck, Della Verde (Pugh 75), Issa, Mills

View attachment 38420

Despite there only being about 5 miles between these two clubs, this is not classed as a local rivalry surprisingly! Both sides played well with some decent football at times and either team could have nicked it on the day and you could make a case for either winning it. However, luck just wasn’t on our side and it was Welling who took the 3 points on the day. On the plus side, we were given a massive let off by Bath, who lost to already relegated Oxford City!

Saturday 21st​ April 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Gloucester vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Fonguck (Brown 77), Della Verde, Issa (Pugh 65), Mills

View attachment 38419

We ground out the result we needed here, despite a spirited effort from Gloucester, who’d come into this game high in confidence after beating top of the league Chelmsford in their previous game. After a couple of bad games, Danny Mills got back to scoring ways here with a couple of goals.

Bath overcame Weston-super-Mare in their previous game as well, meaning that going into the final game of the season, there was still everything to play for! A win would guarantee us a place in the playoffs! We both finish the season on tough matches as our final game is against 3rd​ placed Chippenham at home, whilst Bath take on 4th​ Whitehawk at home!

View attachment 38418

Saturday 28th​ April 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Chippenham
Lineup: Ibrahim, Sarpong-Wiredu, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson (Noble 61), Bradbrook, Fonguck, Della Verde (Murphy 68), Issa, Mills (Pavey 76)

View attachment 38417

At half time we were 0-0, whilst Bath had fought back from 2-0 down against Whitehawk to lead 3-2, so they were in prime position to nick the final playoff spot from us! I was confident if we could just get a goal, it would be enough to win the game, but as the game went on and I got the match reports coming from the other game, our own result was becoming more and more insignificant as Whitehawk levelled 3-3, then 4-3 Whitehawk, then 5-3 Whitehawk and the playoffs looked in the bag with 12 minutes remaining! Our game remained a bore draw, but with Bath’s defeat, we will be in the playoffs!!

Chelmsford win the league title on the final day of the season, whilst our playoff spot is confirmed!

View attachment 38416

View attachment 38415

Defensive midfielder, Jordan Simpson, has been one of my best players since I took over here, so to lose him for the entire playoffs is a massive blow!

View attachment 38414

It’s going to be an immediate rematch with Chippenham in the first round of the playoffs! But they’ll have the home advantage, having finished higher in the league!

View attachment 38413

Having already lost Simpson, we now lose right back, Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu for a couple of weeks as well! The young right back had not figured for the previous management before me, but he’s been a constant fixture in my starting 11 and has played very well for me!

View attachment 38412

The final league table confirms Chelmsford as champions. As we take on Chippenham, it’s Welling and Hemel Hempstead who will battle out the other playoff 1st​ round game. Hampton & Richmond and Whitehawk await the two winners in the next round. Oxford City, Eastbourne Boro and Truro are relegated after Poole win their final 5 games of the season to pull off an amazing escape!!

View attachment 38411

Player of the Month
Elliott Bradbrook

View attachment 38410
View attachment 38409

Nobody really stood out in April, so there was no-one to run away with the player of the month award. Bradbrook wins it as he was the most consistent and an excellent game against Welling probably just nicked it for him!

The Playoffs

Dartford-FC.png

The Playoffs

Tuesday 1st May 2018 (19:45)
Vanarama National South Playoff 1st Round
Chippenham
vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Fish, Clinton (Vint 105), Bonner, Pritchatt, Noble (Brown 105), Bradbrook, Fonguck, Della Verde (Murphy 57), Issa, Mills

View attachment 38342

Just as had been the case in the game a few days ago, the teams couldn’t be separated in 90 minutes and the game went to extra time. And it was us who finally took the initiative through Danny Mills on 99 minutes! Now all we had to do was hold on for 21 minutes and we’d be through….and the team dig in well with some determined defending to do just that!

Hampton & Richmond Borough await us in the semis.

View attachment 38341

Hemel Hempstead overcame Welling in the other 1st round game and go on to play Whitehawk in the other semi final.

View attachment 38340

Saturday 5th May 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South Playoff Semi Final
Hampton & Richmond
vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Fish, Clinton (Vint 73), Bonner, Onyemah, Noble, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Della Verde, Issa (Murphy 63), Mills

View attachment 38339

What a result that was! Everything stacked the odds in Hampton's favour here....they had home advantage, a longer break and we'd had to play 120 minutes in our last game! Despite all of that, we were fantastic and were ****** good value for our win!

Whitehawk await us in the final after beating Hemel Hempstead 2-0 in the other semi! We're gonna be up against it as Whitehawk have only lost one game in their last 14! We also haven't beaten them in either of our two league meetings this year, which finished 2-1 and 1-1.

View attachment 38338

Saturday 12th May 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South Playoff Final
Whitehawk
vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim (Brown 29), Fish, Clinton (Vint 68), Bonner, Pritchatt, Noble, Bradbrook, Fonguck, Della Verde (Murphy 76), Issa, Mills

4' (Dartford) Elliott Bradbrook hits a left footed effort from just outside the box, but it goes a few feet wide.
7' (Whitehawk) Benyon hits a low, hard shot from 25 yards which looks to be going in the bottom corner, but Ibrahim dives to his left to pull off a great save.
10' (Dartford) Pritchatt scoops a ball from deep over the top and the Whitehawk defenders are all over the place. Doe jumps to head the ball and completely misses it. Danny Mills runs on to the loose ball and places a low shot past the Whitehawk keeper. 1-0 Dartford!
13' (Dartford) The Darts work it well down the left again and this time it's Bradbrook that crosses for Danny Mills who heads over from close range.
20' (Dartford) Danny Mills capitalises on a Whitehawk mistake. Issa hoofs the ball upfield with no real accuracy, but Whitehawk centre back, Okosieme completely miscontrols the ball. It runs loose from him, Mills picks it up and has a clean run through on goal. He finishes smartly for 2-0!
29' (Dartford) Disaster for the Darts. Goalkeeper, Ibrahim has picked up an injury and has to come off. Dartford have no goalkeeper on the bench and so it's defensive midfielder Alex Brown who takes the keeper's shirt and gloves and goes between the sticks!
40' (Dartford) Issa crosses from the left wing. The ball falls to Danny Mills in the box. He controls, shoots, scores!! But the linesman has his flag up and the goal will be disallowed. Replays show it was the correct decision with Mills about a yard offside.
44' (Whitehawk) Nathan Ferguson picks up the ball just outside the 18 yard box and shoots low towards the bottom corner. The ball fizzes only inches past the post.
45' (Whitehawk) Benyon plays in Moore through the middle. He's clean through on goal and as Alex Brown rushes out, he calmly slots past the goalkeeper to make it 2-1 right on the stroke of half time.

HT' It's 2-1 to the Darts and they've been the better team by some way, controlling possession and creating double the amount of chances as Whitehawk. However, the fact they have a midfielder in goal for the second half will be a major concern.
49' (Dartford) Noble plays a fantastic ball out wide to Issa. Issa puts in a cross to the near post, where Danny Mills is waiting. He calmly controls the ball and places a low shot from a tight angle past the Whitehawk keeper. 3-1 to Dartford and that's Mills hat trick!
65' (Whitehawk) Whitehawk have a corner. Edge takes it and crosses toward the edge of the area. It finds the feet of the unmarked Benyon, who picks out his spot perfectly and scores through a crowd of players! 3-2!
79' (Whitehawk) Chaney hits a hopeful shot from about 30 yards. It's dipping and swerving all over the place but goes just over the bar!
85' (Whitehawk) The reds are throwing men forward in search of the equalizer and Marsh-Brown finds himself all alone inside the area. He's at a tight angle and shoots into the side netting. His teammates are furious as the cross looked like the much better option there.
87' (Whitehawk) The writing was on the wall....A cross comes in from deep on the right. It would be an easy catch for any goalkeeper, but Alex Brown isn't a keeper! He spills the catch and Benyon takes immediate advantage smashing home to make it 3-3!

90' (Dartford) Bradbrook and Mills find themselves 2 on 2. Bradbrook has the ball and all he has to do is square it to Mills to score the winner, but he selfishly takes on the shot himself which goes miles wide! Missed opportunity!
FT' 90 minutes are up and it finishes a draw which means we are going to extra time. All the momentum is with Whitehawk now and they've surely got to be the favourites at this stage.
94' (Whitehawk) Edge crosses in from the left. Benyon picks up the ball at close range. He must score....he shoots! Oh wow, Alex Brown the midfielder has just pulled off a wonderful save!! Still 3-3!
100' (Dartford) Mills plays in Bradbrook. Only the keeper to beat as he shoots from 10 yards out! His shot is straight at the goalie, massive opportunity missed there for Bradbrook!
104' (Whitehawk) Moore is played in over the top. He's free from the defenders, he's one on one with the keeper. He must score! NOOOOO, Alex Brown makes a wonderful save! Unbelievable stuff as Brown pulls off another amazing save for Dartford. The teams remain level!
106' (Whitehawk) The ball goes out wide to Marsh-Brown, who crosses from deep. It clears the Dartford defence and lands at the feet of Benyon. All he has to do is beat the keeper, and this time he does as he passes the ball into the bottom corner. 4-3 Whitehawk!
117' (Whitehawk) Game over for Dartford. Moore plays a good through ball splitting the Dartford defence, Benyon runs onto it. Brown looks in two minds about whether to come out or remain in his goal and his indecision costs him as Benyon beats him again to make it 5-3.

FT;ET' Whitehawk run out 5-3 winners and win the playoffs. Dartford will remain in the National League South for another season.

View attachment 38337

I'm gutted! We were 2-0 up and absolutely cruising until Ibrahim broke his hand and had to come off. With only 5 subs allowed in this division, I tend to not keep a goalie on the bench and it cost me today. I can't blame Alex Brown for conceding 5 goals...we were just ridiculously unlucky to pick up that injury in the biggest game of the season!

The broken hand that forced Ibrahim off in the playoff final will keep him out for the next 7 weeks, not that it matters as there are no games.

View attachment 38336

The playoff final was my 20th game in charge at Dartford! I'm confident there will be plenty more to come!

View attachment 38335

**** ******* right we'll be back!!

View attachment 38334

End of Season

Dartford-FC.png

End of 2017/18 Season

Danny Mills finished up as top goalscorer in the division this season! He scored 16 goals of his 23 under my management, so I think it's fair to say I got the best out of him!

View attachment 38333

Danny Green of Chelmsford wins the Player of the Season for the National League South. He's the man that got my vote!

View attachment 38332

I don't make the shortlist for manager of the season. I only imagine this is because I was only here half a season! My vote goes to Rod Stringer of Chelmsford after he led them to the title.

View attachment 38331

On club awards night, it's no surprise to see Elliott Bradbrook taking fans player of the season, although I was surprised that Mills only got 18% of the vote. In the team of the year, I'd have swapped Simpson for Noble and Sarpong-Wiredu for Fish.

View attachment 38330

Manager's Player of the Season
Danny Mills

View attachment 38329

I have to give my player of the season to Danny Mills as his goals were absolutely pivotal to our success in the 2nd half of the season!

As we look over the whole squad, the first thing I notice is that a lot of the player's average ratings improved since my arrival, so whatever I was doing was definitely getting better performances out of my players. Danny Mills scored a **** of a lot of goals for us, but after him I'm clearly struggling for a prolific goalscorer, although Elliott Bradbrook chipped in with an impressive 10 from midfield. Tom Murphy created more goals than anyone else (12) and we certainly missed him when he got injured for the last couple of months of the season! Bradbrook again was up there on the assists!

View attachment 38328

It's Whitehawk's Steve King who takes the manager of the season for National League South.

View attachment 38327

We get a good review from the media for overachieving and making the playoffs.

View attachment 38326

The board are pleased with my performance.

View attachment 38325

Early on in the season, the club were very up and down, but it's nice to see the upward trend from when I took over.

View attachment 38324

Things worked out alright for everyone with my dismissal at Tamworth, as they also improved their form under their new manager and managed a 14th placed finish in the National League North.

View attachment 38323

Manager Summary: Year One

It's been a mixed first year in management for me. Things just never really got going at Tamworth and as much as I wanted things to work out, it made sense in the end for us to part ways. Only 6 wins under my guidance was not good enough and I don't hold anything against the club for giving me the boot! After 6 months of misery and scrapping for every point with the Lambs, the 2nd half of the season was a completely different story. I came to Dartford and everything clicked into place almost immediately. Winning games became a healthy habit and we made up a difference of 10 points to sneak into the playoffs from 10th position when I took over! And I still maintain that we would have won the final had our goalie not come off injured! I'm looking forward to next season with the Darts and if we can maintain the same level of form, we should definitely be looking at a top 7 finish again as an absolute minimum!

Ernie Allan Career To Date

Dartford; 13/01/18 - Present
Played 20: Won 10; Drawn 7; Lost 3

2017/18 Season;
National League South; Finished 7th (Playoffs); Lost in Playoff Final
FA Trophy; Knocked out before I arrived
FA Cup; Knocked out before I arrived

Tamworth; 16/06/17 - 23/12/17; Sacked
Played 24: Won 6; Drawn 4; Lost 14

2017/18 Season;
National League North; Was 18th when sacked after 21 games
FA Trophy; Knocked out in 1st Round by Weston-super-Mare
FA Cup; Knocked out in 2nd Qualifying Round by Welling

Manager's All Time Best Eleven

This is a new idea I've come up with, to keep a track of my favourite eleven over my years of management. I'll be recording it as a 4-4-2 even though I don't play that formation. Back 4 is obvious, centre mids could be DMs and AMs, midfield right and left roles could be players that play MR/AMR or ML/AML, and again strikers is obvious! For now, this is my favourite team along with the amount of games they played for me...

GK - Deren Ibrahim (Dartford) - 19 games
DR - Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu (Dartford) - 16 games
DC - Kyle Clinton (Dartford) - 20 games
DC - Tom Bonner (Dartford) - 20 games
DL - Callum Pritchatt (Dartford) - 19 games
MR - Darryl Knights (Tamworth) - 22 games
MC - Jordan Simpson (Dartford) - 16 games
MC - Elliott Bradbrook (Dartford) - 17 games
ML - Tariq Issa (Dartford) - 19 games
ST - Danny Mills (Dartford) - 19 games
ST - Bradley Reid (Tamworth) - 23 games

UK Competition Winners
2017/18

England

Premier League Top 4 (in order): Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea
Championship: Leeds (winners), Middlesbrough (promoted), Sheffield Wednesday (playoffs)
League One: Blackburn (winners), Southend (promoted), Fleetwood (playoffs)
League Two: Notts County (winners), Luton/Exeter (promoted), Carlisle (playoffs)
National League: Leyton Orient (winners), Wrexham (playoffs)
National League North: York (winners), Alfreton (playoffs)
National League South: Chelmsford (winners), Whitehawk (playoffs)
FA Cup: Chelsea (winners), Arsenal (runners up)
Carabao Cup: Tottenham (winners), West Brom (runners up)
Community Shield: Chelsea (winners), Arsenal (runners up)
Checkatrade Trophy: Blackburn (winners), Charlton (runners up)
FA Trophy: Leyton Orient (winners), Dulwich Hamlet (runners up)

Scotland

Premiership Top 4 (in order): Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts
Championship: Dunfermline (winners)
League 1: Raith (winners), Ayr (playoffs)
League 2: Annan (winners), Clyde (playoffs)
Scottish Cup: Rangers (winners), Partick Thistle (runners up)
Betfred Cup: Celtic (winners), Ayr (runners up)
IRN-BRU Cup: Inverness CT (winners), Dundalk (runners up)

Wales

Premier League: TNS (winners), Bangor/Llandudno (European qualification)
Welsh Cup: Connah's Quay (winners), Bangor City (runners up)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Bangor City (winners), TNS (runners up)

Northern Ireland

Premiership: Coleraine (winners), Linfield/Crusaders/Ballymena Utd (European qualification)
Championship: Larne (winners)
Bluefin Sport PIL: Dundela (winners)
Northern Irish Cup: Ballymena Utd (winners), Linfield (runners up)
Bet McLean League Cup: Linfield (winners), Glentoran (runners up)
Northern Irish County Intrim Shield: Larne (winners), Ards (runners up)
Northern Irish Steel & Sons Cup: Knockbreda (winners), H&W Welders (runners up)
Northern Irish Intermediate Cup: Dundela (winners), Tobermore Utd (runners up)
Northern Irish Mid Ulster Cup: Glenavon (winners), Dungannon (runners up)
NIFL Charity Shield: Coleraine (winners), Linfield (runners up)

Ireland

Premier Division: Dundlk (winners)
First Division: Waterford (winners)
Irish Senior Challenge Cup: Waterford (winners), Dundalk (runners up)
Irish League Cup: Bray Wanderers (winners), Longford (runners up)

Gutted for you a keeper injury with only 5 subs is a killer at any point let alone a playoff final.

May June 2018

Dartford-FC.png

May/June 2018

The board announce some new sponsorship deals which will bring in a good £20k+ per annum!

View attachment 38264

The budgets for next season are announced, with a slight increase on the wage budget and a cheeky £5k to spend on new players.

View attachment 38263

The club announce losses of over £100k over the past year, which leaves the bank balance £50k in the red.

View attachment 38262

View attachment 38261

This is as good as any signing I could make this Summer. Jordan Simpson extends his loan for another season from Forest Green. His stats don't look all that but he was fantastic for me last season in the DM role.

View attachment 38260

View attachment 38259

Talking of new signings, I've made my first one and I reckon it's a gooden! Nigerian midfielder, Olumide Durojaiye, will join us from National League South rivals, Welling, on July 1st. Durojaiye was a big part of Welling's success in getting to the playoffs last season, featuring in 37 league games for them, in which he scored 7 goals. He makes a lot of tackles and has a decent pass completion rate of 75% as well. Not only have we strengthened our own squad with his signing, we have weakened an opponent!

View attachment 38258

View attachment 38257

Another loan extension comes up next. I'll be keeping Tariq Issa here for another year on loan from Colchester.

View attachment 38256

View attachment 38255

The fixture list for the upcoming season is released and we'll kick off at home to newly promoted Dulwich Hamlet. Our first away game will be a toughey against Hemel Hempstead who dominated us in the same fixture last year.

View attachment 38254

A little bit of income through the TV rights next year....not sure exactly when we're likely to be on the tele though!

View attachment 38253

I am reunited with one of my old players from Tamworth as I bring in the free transfer of striker Bradley Reid, who scored loads of goals for me before I got the chop! He banged in 20 last year for Tamworth and I'm hoping he can bring that same level of form to us this year.

View attachment 38252

View attachment 38251

I've arranged 7 pre season friendlies, with a mix of games, both home and away. We'll play some small regional sides in England and also some bigger sides to hopefully make a little bit of money on the gate. The game against Tonbridge will be a testimonial for Lee Noble, who's been at the club since 2008 and made over 300 appearances for Dartford.

View attachment 38250

July 2018

Dartford-FC.png

July 2018

My first action in July was to go have a search through the U23s and U18s of our senior affiliate Blackburn. In amongst a lot of mediocre players, I found 18 year olf centre mid, John Buckley, who I was convinced could become an important player for us this year! The loan offer was made, Blackburn accepted, and John joins us immediately!

View attachment 38219

View attachment 38218

I raid Blackburn's youth for another promising player in Lewis Mansell. He'll join us on loan for the season and is a good acquisition as he can provide cover up front or on either wing. His work rate and teamwork stats are unreal!

View attachment 38217

View attachment 38216

Another loanee into the club for the season and this one's not from Blackburn. In fact, he isn't a youngster, but instead a player who will unlikely get football at his parent club this year. The player in question is Dagenham & Redbridge full back, Ben Nunn. He'll compete with Matt Fish for the right back position, after Sarpong-Wiredu returned to Charlton at the end of last season.

View attachment 38215

View attachment 38214

The bookies odds are out and Billericay are favourites to secure back to back promotions and win our division this year. We're not seen as far behind though and with only 7-2 odds to win the title, we're ceratinly fancied to be there our thereabouts. Last year's surprise packages, Chippenham and Hemel Hempstead, who both made the playoffs, are favourites to finish as the bottom 2 this year!

View attachment 38213

Mitchell Stedman signs for us on a free transfer after being released from Bournemouth in the Summer. The 19 year old keeper will act as a backup to Ibrahim, and I'll be looking for him to improve and challenge for a first team spot in the future.

View attachment 38212

View attachment 38211

Striker, Alfie Pavey, will miss the first few games of the season through injury.

View attachment 38210

With 6 friendlies already behind us this month, pre season is going pretty much to plan. We've beaten the teams we expected to beat (and pretty comfortably too), and we've lost to the higher league opposition that we expected to lose to. Plenty of goals scored which is encouraging!

View attachment 38209

August will see the start of competitive football with five league games to kick off the season, after we've played our final pre season friendly against Blackburn.

View attachment 38208

Although Im doing this kind of save and im in charge of.... Manchester CITY and i had already signed Cristiano Ronaldo and Manuel Neuer!

August 2018

Dartford-FC.png

August 2018

Before the league campaign kicks off, we had the matter of our final friendly to play against senior affiliate Blackburn. The Championship side we heavily dominant during the game, which was to be expected, but we kept the scoreline respectable and the lads won't be too disheartened by this.

View attachment 38168

Centre back, Ronnie Vint, is going to miss the first few games of the season through injury.

View attachment 38167

With pre season now over, it's worth taking a quick look over the squad. With a handful of players returning to their clubs after loan spells and a couple more leaving on free transfers, there have been some changes. We've got plenty of cover in most positions, with new additions Stedman, Nunn, Durojaiye, Buckley, Mansell and Reid all expected to get plenty of playing time this year. Young striker Jamie Fuller has been promoted from the U18s as I think he could do a job for us this year and expect to introduce him to the side throughout this season despite his young age of 16.

View attachment 38166

As we look over the pre season preview, it's disappointing to see none of our players appearing in the media dream 11, despite the fact we are one of the favourites for the title. Newly promoted sides, Dulwich Hamlet and Billericay dominate that deam 11 with 7 players between them! With apparently the best attack in the league, Dulwich must have a weakness at the back as they're still only predicted a 10th place finish.

View attachment 38165

Elliott Bradbrook keeps the captain's armband this season. Vice captaincy is handed to Tom Bonner from Lee Noble who I don't think will be a first team regular this season.

View attachment 38164

Just before the first game of the season, the board send me their expectations for the upcoming season. Playoffs is the minimum expectation in the league!

View attachment 38163

Saturday 11th August 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs
Dulwich Hamlet
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson (Noble 66), Bradbrook, Durojaiye, Murphy (Della Verde 62), Issa, Reid (Mansell 62)

View attachment 38162

We kick the season off with a winning start against a good side! Dulwich will do OK this season I think as they look a good attacking side, so I'm pleased to have got them out of the way early with the victory under our belt!

Season ticket sales are on the up a little bit!

View attachment 38161

Tuesday 14th August 2018 (19:45)
Vanarama National South
Hemel Hempstead vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook (Buckley 60), Durojaiye, Murphy (Della Verde 60), Issa, Reid

View attachment 38160

I didn't know what to expect from this one as we struggled against Hemel Hempstead last season and were soundly beaten, but this year they're predicted to finish in the bottom 2. It seems the bookies are right and they ain't the force they was last season as we win comfortably, without looking like we got out of 2nd gear in the whole game.

Saturday 18th August 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs
Gloucester
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Onyemah (Pritchatt 63), Noble, Bradbrook, Buckley (Durojaiye 10), Murphy, Issa (Mansell 63), Reid

View attachment 38159

Bradley Reid fully justifies why I brought him to the club with 4 goals here as he bagged his first for the club! A big home win makes it 3 wins from 3 at the start of the season!

John Buckley will be out of action for a month with a twisted ankle.

View attachment 38158

Saturday 25th August 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
St.Albans vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook (Della Verde 45), Durojaiye, Murphy (Mansell 63), Issa, Reid (Fuller 63)

View attachment 38157

Another big win and we are fully justifying ourselves as one of the favourites to win this division this year! We look incredible at the moment, long may it last! Bradley Reid grabbed another 2 goals for himself today!

16 year old Jamie Fuller came off the bench against St Albans to make his debut for the club!

View attachment 38156

Tuesday 28th August 2018 (19:45)
Vanarama National South
Weston-super-Mare vs Dartford

Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Della Verde (Noble 64), Durojaiye, Murphy, Issa (Mansell 64), Reid

View attachment 38153

Bradley Reid is simply **** hot at the moment as he scores another 2 on our way to another victory! This was not a walkover but we always looked comfortable as we make it 5 wins in a row.

A perfect start to the season sees us top the table at the end of August with the only 100% record. Braintree are the only other undefeated side and sit 2nd. An indifferent start for league favourites Billericay leaves them 7 points off the pace in 9th.

View attachment 38151

Player of the Month
Bradley Reid

View attachment 38150
View attachment 38149

Reid won numerous player of the month awards from me at Tamworth, and he begins his career at Dartford with another after a scintilating start to the season, scoring 8 goals in his first 5 games for the club!

September kicks off with a game against title favourites Billericay. We'll also play Bath and Welling who both finished in the top 8 last year, so it's looking like a tough month ahead, but we couldn't be in finer form at the moment and it feels like we shouldn't fear anyone right now!

View attachment 38148

September 2018

Dartford-FC.png

September 2018

I bag the Manager of the Month award for August, whilst Bradley Reid picks up the award for Player of the Month.

View attachment 38133

View attachment 38132

Sunday 2nd September 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs
Billericay

Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Durojaiye, Murphy, Issa, Reid

View attachment 38131

A super home win against the title favourites! We were 3-0 up and well in control just half an hour into the game. The lads slacked off in the 2nd half, but still managed to see the game out comfortably enough!

Saturday 8th September 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Hungerford vs Dartford

Lineup: Stedman, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Simpson, Bradbrook, Durojaiye, Murphy (Della Verde 6), Issa (Mansell 58), Reid (Noble 77)

View attachment 38130

With Deren Ibrahim on international duty with Gibraltar, it gave an opportunity for Mitchell Stedman to make his debut between the sticks. The 19 year old made his mark by saving a penalty! Despite Stedman's heroics, we still only managed to labour to a 1-1 draw as our 100% record came to an end.

I lost Tom Murphy for a couple of months at the end of last season, and now I've lost him for another 3-4 months after he broke his ankle in the game against Hungerford.

View attachment 38129

The draw for the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round takes place and we're given an away tie against Stourbridge.

View attachment 38128

Saturday 15th September 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs Bath

Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton (Vint 63), Bonner, Pritchatt (Onyemah 63), Simpson, Bradbrook, Durojaiye, Fuller (Della Verde 65), Issa, Reid

View attachment 38127

Defensively we were absolutely shocking and it cost us our first defeat of the season here! 2-0 up and to lose 3-2 left me absolutely livid and the boys copped my wrath in the changing room after the game!

Sunday 23rd September 2018 (15:00)
FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round
Stourbridge vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner (Ball 74), Onyemah, Simpson, Della Verde, Durojaiye (Bradbrook 69), Fuller, Issa, Pavey (Mansell 69)

View attachment 38126

This wasn't as easy as the scoreline suggests and we had to work harder than I'd expected against our lower league opponents here. But we got over the line in the end and it was good to see Jamie Fuller score his 1st goal for the club. In fact, the youngster got man of the match as he turned in an excllent performance all round.

We'll take on Southport from the Vanarama National North in the next round.

View attachment 38125

16 year old Tim Ball came off the bench against Stourbridge to make his debut for the club.

View attachment 38124

Durojaiye will miss a couple of weeks with injury.

View attachment 38123

Tuesday 25th September 2018 (19:45)
Vanarama National South
Dartford vs
Welling
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner, Pritchatt, Noble, Bradbrook, Buckley (Simpson 60), Pugh, Issa (Mansell 60), Reid

View attachment 38122

Welling are one of the best sides in this league and they did the double over us last year, so it's pleasing to get the victory here! The defence were a **** of a lot better than in the previous league game and the clean sheet was a good achievement against such a good side.

Saturday 29th September 2018 (15:00)
Vanarama National South
Wealdstone vs Dartford
Lineup: Ibrahim, Nunn, Clinton, Bonner (Ball 78), Pritchatt, Noble, Bradbrook, Simpson, Pugh (Della Verde 70), Issa (Mansell 70), Reid

View attachment 38121

A tight game ends in a solid 1-0 for us! Jordan Simpson got the winner with his first senior goal.

10 games into the new season and Bradley Reid leads the goalscoring charts with 11!

View attachment 38120

Another month down and we remain top of the division. Both Braintree and us lost our unbeaten records this month. Concord are the early surprise package as their 2nd in the league and Chippenham are again giving a strong showing despite being predicted to finish last!

View attachment 38119

Player of the Month
Elliott Bradbrook

View attachment 38118
View attachment 38117

The captain has been fantastic this month with a string of good performances. Chipping in with 4 goals in 4 straight games is impressive from his central midfield role too!

We kick off next month with the next qualifying round of the FA Cup before another 4 league games. Poole, Braintree and Brackley all sit in the top half of the table so we can expect to be tested again throughout October.

View attachment 38116

Great start so far, and your signing of Bradley Reid shows why so many managers raid former clubs, he has been fantastic!

Great start so far, and your signing of Bradley Reid shows why so many managers raid former clubs, he has been fantastic!

He is a prime example of how us managers fall in love with certain players on FM!