A little question here for anyone that has a good idea about editing. I'm trying to make Birmingham have an influx of £40m into their transfer budget in January, is there any way to actually do this? Cheers and quick replies would be great.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Anyone know?

Im testing a few things on the editor now
Ill get back to you soon

Sorry iv tried a lot of things on the editor but nothing is changing the transfer budget at january :'(

hi thanks for the guide but how do i ballence the books on transfers i gave notts co a balance of 999999999 and transfer 99999999 and finally wage 99999999 but after a season i went bust what figers should i use on balance transfer and wages mutch appriciated

When i try to load a file there is no select botton. What do i do?:'(

Tiraths,I can't find the editor.I use Windows 7 and installed Football Manager 2010 with Steam.I can't find it :'(

this is gonna sound like a stupid question, but how do you create a new database?
this should get you data editor JustKituno C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor and there will be a little football icon, create a shortcut on your desktop

Last edited:
this is gonna sound like a stupid question, but how do you create a new database?

On editor once you have clicked 'Load database' then make your changes etc etc then click save 'save editor data as'

On editor once you have clicked 'Load database' then make your changes etc etc then click save 'save editor data as'

oh lol i did that, but i didnt think it was right, lol. thanks mate

Cheers Tiraths :)

You could make their Finances a bit better, turn off first transfer window budgets and then change the starting budget to £40m.

You have started now so it doesn't matter, but for anybody else (A)

yay, ive made a league. one last question tho, what does seasonj update day mean?

Last edited:
How do u delete european competitions coz when i deleted them on the editor, it still has them in the game - euro cup, champions league, euro super cup etc...
i just want to have the league - how do u do this??

Nice thread, especially with a totally new editor style, which can be tricky to get used to.

how do you create competitions with both a Group stage and knockout stage?

Also how do you create new European competitions?

ok im a newbie with p.c's but what is this i get it in my data editor folder nothing else[<record>
- <!-- resource manager options -->
- <!-- do not translate any comp xml files -->
<boolean id="translate" value="false" />

- <!-- don't need to cache this stuff as it is stored in the database -->
<boolean id="cache" value="false" />

- <!-- don't map this folder -->
<boolean id="auto_map" value="false" />

- <!-- the resource manager should store a list of all files in this folder and it's sub folders, so that the game can get a list of all xml rule descriptions -->
<boolean id="store_resource_list" value="true" />

- <!-- allow rescanning this folder, so that the game can pick up new editor files without having to rebuild the skin cache -->
<boolean id="allow_rescan" value="true" />

</record>]

Anyone have an idea how to do points deductions and embargo's? Trying to do it for a database.

Guys I have a problem; everytime i add my 18 players to another club around 5 players wont show up. and it's always the same players: Toni Kroos, Areola, Eduardo Salvio etc.

I want to Be Denizlispor in the Turkish Super League, if anyoen know a solution that would be great, or if someone want to edit the file for me while chanign the financing too.

This is the team.
Gk: Areola, Sergio Asenjo
DL: Mattock, Diego Renan
DR: Davide Santon
DC: Otamendi, Jonny Evans
DC: Sakho
AML: Di Maria, Jovetic
AMR: Alexis Sanchez, Eduardo Salvio
MC: Toni Kroos
MC: Marco Verratti, Pjanic
ST: Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli
ST: Pato