A REAL SOCIEDAD STORY - PASS THE PARCEL

April Update

Results

View attachment 466388

An outstanding month for us. We trounce Barca at the Anoeta and follow this up with a 3-0 win over Bayern putting us through to the Semis 3-2 on aggregate. Tony Watt, who hasn't been the same since his injury and gone 10 games without a goal, decided he was going to be the here. Furthermore, we beat PSG 3-1 on aggregate to get through to the Champions League final, adding to our Copa del Rey final! The only disappointment was the 2-2 draw with Levante, they equalised in the 92nd min

Table

View attachment 466387

Wow that 92nd minute Levante equaliser has really cost us with an in-form Madrid leapfrogging us on head-to-head (and about every other way they could be). 3 games left and we need them to slip up. I can't see it happening

May Fixtures

View attachment 466386

Youth Intake

View attachment 466389

View attachment 466390

Forgot to include this in the last update. We have had a good prospect come through our academy, even touted as one of the best of his generation. With a name like that, he's a local Basque boy too

May Update

So we now enter my the last 5 matches of my pass the parcel season, extremely important fixtures as well as we chase the elusive treble.

Results

View attachment 466330

We pick up 5 wins out of our last five and what's more we won the Copa del Rey and the Champions League! Its the first time I've managed to beat Real and Juve proved a real stern test and they probably should have won. It was a penalty lottery and luckily we came out on top. Three win, including an outstanding 5-0 against Atletico, took us up to 93 points in the league, but was it going to be enough to win the title and the treble?

Table

View attachment 466328

No it wasn't :( Real Madrid just kept winning where they finished with 11 straight wins. That late Levante equaliser has for me been the pivotal moment that lost us the title. The other team to be relegated was Sporting on just 12 points!

Player Performances

View attachment 466329

Overall player performances have been of a very high quality. Munoz was our talisman at the back and Eriksen has proven a great replacement as he scored and created in abundance. Our January signings proved to really add to the squad with top quality performances. Llorente became the top Spanish scorer in La Liga in just half a season, record signing Lamela has shown what a world class player he is and Illarramendi has been solid in midfield. My favourite signing has been Connor Rogers, who I think was a real find. He was rotting in Chelsea's development squad and immediately found himself as a key starter here. His development has been astonishing and he ended up the 3rd top goalscorer in La Liga just behind Ronaldo and Lewandowski and ahead of that man Messi.

Summary

I feel very satisfied with my season, bagging 2 trophies and coming so close to upsetting Real. In my opinion I have heavily strengthened the squad for the seasons to come and I've left the team in a very good financial position. Before the shareholders dividends and youth and training facility developments we were close to ?70m in the bank, now we're just over ?50m. Best of luck for whoever takes over, hopefully we can finally overtake Real and clinch the league title.

Brilliant season mate and well unlucky to lose it on goal difference ! Think I'm next so can u pm me the link to the game

View attachment 466202

TRANSFER NEWS

View attachment 466201
View attachment 466200
View attachment 466198

PROMOTED FROM YOUTH TEAM

View attachment 466197

IN

View attachment 466196

OUT

View attachment 466195

Only three players brought in!! Luke Shaw to provide some competition for Tagliafico and two youngsters who after a couple of seasons should set this league on fire!!! Carlos Roberto has been promoted from the youth as he has bags of potential and will be tutored by Fabio Hense the sale of Hugo Mallo so apologies for whoever brought him in :)

Courtois, Munoz, De Rossi, Lamela & Llorente not good enough for starting 11? :O

Courtois, Munoz, De Rossi, Lamela & Llorente not good enough for starting 11? :O

Left footed gks are a pet hate of mine on fm 13, Munoz and lamela are injured , de Rossi will be a backup for pardo and illaramendi and llorente is not as good as watt and definitely not as good as Rodgers

View attachment 466178

Real Sociedad, August 2016

View attachment 466177

Gunter scores his 1st senior goal as we start the season with a win

SUPERCOPA FINAL 1ST LEG

View attachment 466176

We demolish Madrid to give us one hand on the cup

SUPERCOPA FINAL 2ND LEG

View attachment 466175

An epic game sees us lift the Supercopa 8-6 on aggregate

UEFA SUPER CUP

View attachment 466174

Despite Fabios sending off we cruise past Galatasaray to clinch our 2nd cup in a matter of days

View attachment 466173

Despite us dominating the game a late Messi goal wins them the points

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 466172

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

ERIK LAMELA

View attachment 466171

5 GAMES, 4 GOALS

View attachment 466166

Real Sociedad, September 2016

View attachment 466165

A great second half display sees us demolish Deportivo

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP E

View attachment 466164

We start the group with a win

View attachment 466163

Diego Godin's early bath helps us on our way to a great win :)

View attachment 466162

A brace from Tony Watt keeps our great start going!! Also free signing Sculac scores on his debut after being signed from Rijeka on deadline day

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP E

View attachment 466161

A great win to end an unbeaten month

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 466160

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

TONY WATT

View attachment 466159

5 GAMES, 5 GOALS

View attachment 466033

Real Sociedad, October 2016

View attachment 466032