A Scandinavian Journey

• Thread starter Thread starter tuckson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 12K
What a superb story! I'll follow with great ineterest.

Your English is spot on, don't worry, and the structure to your posts are perfect so there's no worries there either.

Thank you for posting your players stats with attribute graphs - not often people have the sense to!

Congrats on your progression with Boden - you are doing a wonderful job with them it seems.

Thanks mate, posts like yours really make writing so much more enjoyable and rewarding! Also nice to get some feedback on my English, good to hear it's alright.
Personally I think I've done okay, although that relegation playoff still bothers me a bit, we should never have been that bad. But I guess promotion more than made up for this ;)

Season 2013 (Bodens BK)

View attachment 315580

Media prediction: 1st​

Final position: 1st​

View attachment 315582View attachment 315583

As you can see, we did well, but that was expected. Not only by the media and the boardroom, even more so by myself. I can't really complain with how it's gone. Best offense of the league, best defense of the league, best team of the league. We started on a run and had only one brief period of bad form, out of which we got just in time. Mariehem was some real competition, Piteå and Oddevold didn't do bad either. We were somewhat lucky with injuries this time around as well, I could get used to this...

I don't really feel like staying in the third tier of Swedish football for too long, so I'm gonna invest as much and as good as possible. As we're still semi-professional of course, this might be difficult, but I'm confident it will be a decent season with chances of tackling the top three. Now that I said this, we're probably going straight back down but whatever. ;)

---------------------------------

Key players

Of course, our good performance levels this season were down to a few key performers who really made our success. I decided to present to you the (in my opinion) five best players of the season.

View attachment 315594

They say that while offense wins games, defense wins championship. So I decided to give our defensive leader the first shoutout, Santeri Viitasaari. The Fin came in for a whopping 6k € and repaid us with some incredible defensive performances. In case we didn't play great but managed to unsettle the opposing defense, the PotM nearly always went to him. Still not sure though if we overpaid on him... ;)

View attachment 315595

The second part of our central defensive partnership, Fredrik Lundgren. The left-footed CB, also capable at left back, was already one of our stand-out players last season and he did improve. He didn't even start the season as I gave Emil Johansson the chance to impress. He didn't, Lundgren did, and we got promoted with the best defense of the league.

View attachment 315597

I don't know what it is with Ryan Gracia. He was our best player last season and continued to perform extraordinarily well. The American is no spectacular player, just a **** solid force in midfield. Good in the air, reliable passer and tends to score the occasional important goal. Really important to give our midfield some much needed stability.

View attachment 315599

George Kerr really is some kind of phenomenon. Came in on a free and as our only left-footed winger I gave him his first-team spot ahead of Söderström. And he rewarded me with performances I'd never have expected from him yet. I really need to find a new tutor for him, as Emil Kauppi didn't get along with him at all. Probably one of our hottest prospects.

View attachment 315605

I got in Simon Brännström because while Nyberg was a decent striker, I wanted a somewhat more complete forward. Brännström had problems first (well, he scored 18 seconds into the season, but still) but seriously improved over the course of the season, scoring 12 and assisting another 3 in 20 games. He still can do better, I'm sure.

Last but not least, I was talking about changing clubs after that season. I hoped I could take over FH from Iceland, who usually are a major force in Iceland but got relegated, as did Breiðablik, the leading youth academy of Iceland. Both laughed off my interest, so I decided to sign a new deal at Boden and stay for at least one more season in northern Sweden.

As always, feedback is very much appreciated ;)

Pre-Season 2014

View attachment 316046

First things first. We're new to our league, the 'First Division North'. Of course we're once again the northernmost team in the northernmost division. ;) The media predicts us to finish 10th​ of 14, which would be okay, as it's out of the relegation spots. I however feel we are able to compete at this level. Should we start the season on a run and keep the form up, I really feel a comfortable top half finish is possible. The boardroom expects me to stay away from relegation, so this season should be rather easy to survive. I'd really like to play a somewhat successful season and take control of a higher division club then, but we'll see, I actually like Boden pretty well.

In order to have a successful season not many upgrades were needed within the squad. We let go of a few former first-teamers in Haris Devic, Johan Nyberg and Emil Johansson. To replace those guys I once again decided to get into big business. We paid the horrendous price of 16k € for some improvements, once again made use of our link with Hammarby and brought in yet another Scot.

View attachment 316047

Peder Åsbrink was brought in to add some kind of creative potential in midfield. He is an accomplished passer of the ball and not at all bad technically. Neat all round midfielder, should get quite a few games. Came in from some obscure non-division club for a whopping 10k €. Hopefully he can prove that he was worth it.

View attachment 316048

I was not thinking I'd be able to bring Luca Sciacca to the club, but Hammarby just offered him. And who am Ito say no to such a useful player? He is similar to Åsbrink except he is more creative but can't defend ****. Can also play on the left wing and thus is really a useful utility player to have. Also our only player capable of posing a threat from outside the box, horrifically failed crosses from our full-backs excluded.

View attachment 316049

Pontus Lundström is a very special player to me. He is my first, real, natural AND left-footed left back! Finally. Looks like an average left-back, but better wasn't available so I'm happy with what I got there. Cost me 6k €, also came from some nameless lower league club.

View attachment 316050

I needed a back-up striker who actually could net a goal after coming in, something Nyberg couldn't do at all. Peter Micic might be able to do this. Technically and physically strong, he has everything one would expect from a striker apart from ANY mental attributes. We'll see how he does.

View attachment 316051

Last loanee and another new face at the club. Nothing special about Sebastian Ludzik, he'll be 4th​choice center-back. Pretty good for that role.

View attachment 316052

Yet another Scot at the club. Darryl Craig simply was the best goalkeeper I could get in for the backup role. Talented young guy, but will not really play unless I'm forced to.

View attachment 316053

And more young blood. I don't really know how my HoYD found him, but I'll take him. Nicklas Nørregaard could become a decent central midfielder and for 350 € a year I'd be foolish not to take him.

View attachment 316054

So our squad looks like this.

View attachment 316055

We're probably best off praying Winblad von Walter doesn't get injured, as that is the only position I don't have adequate cover for. I simply should have kept Rexhaj, but whatever. Apart from that I feel comfortable about the players I've got at my disposal. No world beaters of course, but as I don't intend to go world beating just yet that's okay.

View attachment 316056

Ooh, so much green! Five friendlies,five wins is what a call a good preparation. The win against Veikkausliga side Oulu was impressive, as was our win against rivals Piteå. I think we're good to go!

Last edited:
April 2014

View attachment 316059

We start our season with three games against very similar opponents in April. We face our fellow new kids Karlslund and Strömsberg and a somewhat unpredictable opponent in Nacka IF. I really think it is possible to start the season with nine points by the end of April.

12.04.2014 / Nacka IF - Bodens BK / 2:3 (1:1)

0:1 Micic (29.)
1:1 Chamoun (40., pen.)
1:2 Micic (48.)
1:3 Winblad von Walter (53.)
2:3 Marrah (62.)
PotM: Peter Micic (BBK / 9.2)

Alright, quite a way to head into a new season. Nacka is predicted to finish 12th, so their close competition for us. We got a well deserved and vital away win to kick off the season. I decided to give a few of our arrivals a chance to start. Peter Micic had an awesome start obviously, scoring twice and setting another one up. Åström also assisted one goal on his debut, as did Lundström. Sadly the latter did so by causing the penalty....

----------------------------------

Dalkurd – Enskede 7:0. Now THAT is what I call a way to start a season. Guess Dalkurd is a force to be reckoned with this season anyway, looking at their squad...

We've sold an amazing 64 season tickets, 16 more than last season. Less than 10k season ticket income is pathetic.

19.04.2014 / Bodens BK (4.) - Strömsberg IF (6.) / 2:0 (0:0)

1:0 Kerr (56.)
2:0 Viitasaari (84.)
PotM: Santeri Viitasaari (BBK / 8.2)

A good result against a fellow recently promoted team. Our win was subbed in at half time, when Kerr came on for the disappointing Sciacca to score a free kick from 25 yards out and to find Viitasaari's head with a late corner. This was not great, but sometimes solid is just enough. Good start into the season.

26.04.2014 / Karlslund IF HFK (11.) - Bodens BK (2.) / 1:0 (1:0)

1:0 Notice (18.)
PotM: Erik Tangroth (KIF / 7.4)

Disappointing. A horrible goalkeeping mistake by Svensson sends behind and we're unable to recover from this. Karlslund is the third promoted team so we really should've won this. Our offense doesn't seem to be that inspiring yet, so next week's game might see a few changes.

Forward – Dalkurd 7:0. So much about Dalkurd lol. Forward is really going strong so far this season. Three games, three wins, twelve goals, none conceded. Looks like they'll be the team to beat instead of Dalkurd. We sit comfortably in 3rd thanks to a good start. We played three teams similar to ourselves and got six points out of these games. I'm confident we'll be able to finish mid-table.

View attachment 316061

Player of the month could have gone to Micic thanks to his great debut, but he didn't show up in the other games at all. Therefore it goes to Peder Åström who had a good first month for us and immediately showed why we signed him. Only one assist but really good performances in midfield by him so far.

View attachment 316062

May 2014

View attachment 316116

The game against Karlslund has an aftermath. We'll be without captain David Simbo and Linus Widmark for three weeks. This is essentially half of our defense, considering Fredrik Lundgren still isn't really fit. This is gonna mean Viitasaari as right back, Lundgren back in the starting line-up and Alex Hill playing DM.

03.05.2014 / Bodens BK (3.) - Eskilstuna City (5.) / 0:1 (0:1)

0:1 Orfanidis (34.)
PotM: Fredrik Lundgren (BBK / 8.2)

We've had a few losses so far and we've never been all that bad. Today was different. Eskilstuna simply played us off the park. More possession, more chances, they were superior in every department. That is particularly disappointing as they are predicted to finish 9th. If these guys are bound to finish 9th we're probably not gonna reach 10th.

Alex Hill and George Kerr will miss our game against Syrianska IF Kerburan in two weeks due to international call-ups for the Scottish U19 squad.
I'll try something else against Väsby United. Nic Petterson will give his debut as replacement for Linus Widmark while Viitasaari will be our DM. Hopefully this will give us some much needed stability back. Also Brännström will get the chance to impress up front.

10.05.2014 / Bodens BK (8.) - Väsby United (10.) / 2:2 (2:1)

1:0 Brännström (7.)
1:1 Shahmeh (33.)
2:1 Åström (34.)
2:2 Shahmeh (74.)
PotM: Saeed Shahmeh (VU / 8.8)

This was better than the last two weeks but still we seem to **** up things way to easily. Brännström capitalized on an awful defensive mistake as did Shahmeh to equalize. We immediately pegged them back only to concede due to falling asleep later on in the game. I'm obviously not happy with that performance, but there was a positive tendency to be noticed.

Against Syrianska we're with Linus Widmark again - that could be essential, as our problems really started with his injury. Hopefully he'll give our defence some more stability.

17.05.2014 / Syrianska IF Kerburan (12.) - Bodens BK (6.) / 0:0 (0:0)

Nope.
PotM: Fredrik Lundgren (BBK / 7.5)

Four games without a win and that was yet another easy one. I gotta admit I probably underestimated that league a bit, but we're not playing up to potential either. At least our defence stopped leaking.

24.05.2014 / Bodens BK (8.) - Karlstads BK (2.) / 2:2 (1:0)

1:0 Kerr (5., pen)
1:1 Viitasaari (47., o.g.)
2:1 Micic (68.)
2:2 Victor (87.)
PotM: Ryan Gracia (BBK / 8.0)

Finally we manage to show some good football only to be punished by a late set piece equalizer. We played well, got an early lead and played counter-attacking football all the way from there. We can build upon that.

Against Dalkurd Gabriel Winblad von Walter will get a break. His performances lately have been awful so Simon Brännström will get the chance to start on the right wing.

31.05.2014 / Dalkurd FF (6.) - Bodens BK (7.) / 0:4 (0:2)

0:1 Micic (7.)
0:2 Micic (39.)
0:3 Micic (75.)
0:4 Micic (78.)
PotM: Seriously? (BBK / 9.8)

Finally a win again. And what a win that was! Peter Micic totally tore Dalkurd apart, Brännström had a solid game on the foreign position and in general we were pretty awesome and could've won this even higher. Our average team rating of 8.03 tells the whole story really.

May was not as good as I hoped it would be. I was afraid of going without a win but the games against Karlstad and Dalkurd showed that we did not completely forget how to play football. Despite going 5 games without winning we're fifth, four points away from either promotion and relegation. Mid-table obscurity at its best.

View attachment 316130

Our player of the month was Fredrik Lundgren once more. The defender is just that solid and forms an awesome partnership with Viitasaari. It also could have gone to Peter Micic or Ryan Gracia, but I felt Lundgren deserved it the most by simply being an unsung hero for me.

View attachment 316131

e: After re-reading this post I feel it's just a bit too much text, too much black on white. Does anybody agree with that? Any suggestions on the layout? Feedback is really appreciated.

Last edited:
I've updated the first post with a 'table of events'. If anyone would help me to get that **** thing centered, I'd be very grateful. ;)

June 2014

View attachment 316479

In our game against Umeå we'll be without the Scots Hill and Kerr, David Simbo and the ill (in every sense of the word!) Peter Milic. This means 3 first teamers out and therefore causes some rotation.

-----------------------------------

07.06.2014 / Bodens BK (5.) - Umeå FC (6.) / 2:0 (1:0)

1:0 Brännström (29.)
Viitasaari sent off (BBK / 47.)
2:0 Hegarty (90.+3)
PotM: Ryan Gracia (BBK / 7.9)

A good result against a strong team. We took the lead deservedly after 30 minutes but were one man short just after half time due to Viitasaari's second yellow card. Still, Luleå never really threatened us and we could just sit back and wait for counter attacks, such as the one converted by Hegarty for the 2:0 in extra time. Once again, great defensive performance despite the red card.

I've declared interest in the AB job. AB is a second tier club from Denmark with quite some history and would really make an interesting story. Despite being dead last in their league, they laughed off my interest. Was worth a try.

14.06.2014 / Akropolis (3.) - Bodens BK (4.) / 2:2 (1:2)

0:1 Ludzik (37.)
0:2 Lundgren (39.)
1:2 Traore (44.)
2:2 Wowoah (90.+4)
PotM: Sebastian Ludzik (BBK / 8.1)

We really need to stop conceding those late goals. It was set piece day in Stockholm today. A corner and a free kick on each side make for a 2-2. To be honest, we really were the inferior team and should have conceded way earlier, but lady luck was on our side until injury time was already over. Not going to complain about the point though.

21.06.2014 / Bodens BK (5.) - Enskede IK (11.) / 2:2 (2:2)

0:1 Tsombos (4.)
1:1 Micic (6.)
1:2 Bergqvist (42.)
2:2 Micic (43.)
Svensson (BBK) saves penalty (58.)
PotM: Peter Micic (BBK / 8.7)

I don't really know what that was in the first half. We were plain horrible with the exception of Micic, who had to be subbed at half time. The incarnation of solidness itself, Santeri Viitasaari had to be subbed as well. Due to his rating of 3.6. And he was not alone, that was a horrible performance against one of the worst teams of the league, we're lucky to get that point. I really hope this was only down to complacency.

Unexpected income! Two weeks salary were paid by Viitasaari, Widmark, Brännström and Lundström. Viitasaari complained but decided to shut up rather sooner than later.
Next up is the big derby against IFK Luleå, we need to step up our performance if we want to have a chance of success against them. We'll be without Peter Micic for that match thanks to cold.
Well be without our Scots Hill, Kerr and Craig for at least two weeks in July due to the U19 Euros. They'll miss the game against Forward after our short summer break.

28.06.2014 / IFK Luleå (2.) - Bodens BK (4.) / 0:4 (0:4)

0:1 Brännström (12.)
0:2 Brännström (27.)
0:3 Viitasaari (37.)
0:4 Winblad von Walter (44.)
PotM: Ryan Gracia (BBK / 9.0)

Well, it's not like we can't play football. That's what we prove out there today, as it took us one half to tear apart our main rivals from Luleå. Perfect answer to the game Enskede as we looked a completely different team. Awesome first derby for me really.

June was pretty good. Two wins and two draws extend our unbeaten run to eight games. Despite not being great so far this season we sit at third only two points behind the league leaders. We do by far have the best defense and our offense ain't too shabby either. And we're already (nearly) at the halfway point of this season. Things are looking good at Boden.

View attachment 316484

Player of the month can really only go to Ryan Gracia. He still is the heart of our game and really showed why in our wins against Dalkurd and Luleå. I think most things about him have been told already, so I'm not gonna brag too much about him. But I do have to mention how irreplaceable he is. Just so I can complain in case he gets injured and stuff. ;)

View attachment 316485

July 2014

View attachment 316489

We'll play 3 friendlies against lower league clubs, then the league match against Forward and the cup game against rivals Luleå, a very interesting draw.

View attachment 316488

Basically three solid wins that were to be expected.

26.07.2014 / Bodens BK (3.) - Forward BK (2.) / 1:0 (1:0)

1:0 Micic (29.)
PotM: Linus Widmark (BBK / 8.5)

A very solid win against a strong opponent. We went out there incredibly offensive with two strikers for the first time this season and scored through Micic after 29 minutes. Afterwards we took a few steps back and were very dangerous with our counters, this easily could've been 3:0. We now occupy first place!

30.07.2014 / Bodens BK - IFK Luleå / 3:2 (2:1)

1:0 Micic (3.)
1:1 A. Andersson (8.)
2:1 Kerr (36.)
3:1 Micic (66.)
3:2 T. Andersson (76.)
PotM: Ryan Gracia (BBK / 9.0)

That was a different Luleå than those we faced one month ago. Shame it still wasn't enough despite putting up a fight. ;) The game is pretty simple to describe: We were the better team, they had the better individual actions. And thus we won.

So that was July. Only two competitive matches, but a win against the second placed and progressing in the cup against your closest rivals isn't that bad for two games played. We're at halfway point and sit on top of the league for the first time this year. I don't actually plan to change this.

View attachment 316490

Player of the month finally goes to Peter Micic. Two games, three goals scored and therefore pretty much winning us both games. He really is a great player to have and I'm glad I decided to loan him. Sadly we won't be able to keep him, but we'll make sure to get the best out of him for the time being.

View attachment 316491

August 2014

View attachment 316543

Long month ahead. Five league games plus the next cup round will certainly make for an interesting month. Hopefully we'll be able to keep our good form going and keep on to the top spot.

02.08.2014 / Bodens BK (1.) - Nacka IF (14.) / 2:1 (2:0)

1:0 Kerr (37.)
2:0 Micic (45.+1)
2:1 Achi (90.+2)
PotM: Ciaran McGuigan (NIF / 7.7)

We really weren't that good, but it's okay. A win that was much more comfortable than the result suggests. We simply couldn't convert our dominance into chances and conceded from 30 meters out (long shots attribute 2...) when we were one man short due to Micic's injury late in the game. We just need to keep going.

We'll play second tier side IK Brage in the second round of the cup, a very good draw if you ask me.

Peter Micic is out for four weeks after his injury against Nacka, David Simbo has a virus taking him out for three weeks. Linus Widmark will also miss our next game thanks to a cold. Not going to make things easier.

09.08.2014 / Strömsberg IF (9.) - Bodens BK (1.) / 1:3 (1:1)

1:0 Hägg (29.)
1:1 Gracia (45.+1)
1:2 Brännström (54.)
1:3 Brännström (65.)
PotM: Simon Brännström (BBK / 8.8)

Impressive win that could have been even higher. We played well even with three first teamers missing and a few other players therefore having to play out of position. Good result that keeps us on top. Twelve games unbeaten which is a new Boden record.

16.08.2014 / Bodens BK - IK Brage / 1:0 (1:0)

1:0 Åström (8.)
PotM: Peter Magnusson (IKB / 7.5)

It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog. And believe me, we fought. This was not a good game to watch as most things happened in midfield. We wanted the win more, so we got it. Great achievement for us.

20.08.2014 / Bodens BK (1.) - Karlslund IF HFK (6.) / 1:0 (1:0)

1:0 Winblad von Walter (6.)
Svensson (BBK) saves penalty (27.)
PotM: Fredrik Lundgren (BBK / 7.7)

Our cup surprise win seemed to harm our performance in that match as we were the inferior side for most of the match. Karlslund didn't get any clear cut chances apart from the penalty, but neither did we. Some luck and good defensive work are enough for three points.

Gabriel Winblad von Walter will be out for two weeks following the game against Karlslund, we're now short in offensive options. Young CM Adam Hegarty will get his chance to impress on the right wing.

The Swedish group draw delivered two real heavyweights. Helsingborgs IF, Djurgårdens IF and Jönköpings Södra IF will face us in March. Should be impossible.

23.08.2014 / Bodens BK (1.) - Väsby United (9.) / 1:0 (1:0)

1:0 Sciacca (30.)
PotM: Linus Widmark (BBK / 7.8)

After 23 minutes we were in trouble. Simbo and Brännström both had to subbed due to injuries. As we only have 2 strikers (now both injured) Luca Sciacca played up front and scored only a few minutes later. With 49 minutes played, we had the third injury, Peder Åström out as well. Sciacca had to move back to midfield and Santeri Viitasaari took the striker position. Considering those circumstances, this was a great 1:0 win.

We're without Åström, Simbo and Brännström for a week or two. The team really fields itself now.

Captain David Simbo will leave us on a free transfer to Trelleborg at the end of the season. He didn't play as well as his attributes suggest but still is a major loss.

Micic is fit for the game against Eskilstuna City. Hegarty will once again play on the right wing, Hill takes Åström's place in midfield. This nearly looks like it could be a football team.

30.08.2014 / Eskilstuna City (6.) - Bodens BK (1.) / 2:2 (1:0)

1:0 Rogic (33.)
1:1 Pettersson (56.)
1:2 Sciacca (78.)
2:2 Johansson (86.)
PotM: Simon Johansson (EC / 8.0)

Lucky point for us. I completely messed that up tactically as our first half was horrible. After 30 minutes I had to change the team already and brought in Nic Pettersson for Ludzik, dragged Hegarty into his usual position, Hill to DM and Viitasaari to CB. Then things started to work again. We somehow managed to get ahead but didn't deserve to win this match. This is okay as long as it doesn't happen too often.

That was August, nearly a perfect month really. Five wins and a draw despite serious injury problems is not all that bad. Our main problem is that the same goes for Akropolis who are the only ones keeping up with us right now. Still this is awesome, as I didn't expect to sit on top of the table with only eight games to go.

View attachment 316547

Player of the month goes to Linus Widmark. Our defense really shone this month and that was partially down to our young right back. Born in Boden, youth product of the club (well, he was there due to the "Add players to playable teams"-button) and still only 19 years old. Should I change clubs after this season, I'll try to poach him immediately.

View attachment 316548

Love the way this is set out, well done. How do you take the screenshots and get them central on the page? Thx

Love the way this is set out, well done. How do you take the screenshots and get them central on the page? Thx
I take the screenshots by pressing ALT + F9. They should pop up in the screenshots folder which is in your FM 13 folder. The whole post is centered so the images are as well. Thanks for your feedback as well!

September 2014

View attachment 316571

Youth intake day. And we finally get some serious quality.

View attachment 316572

Signed quite a few of the bunch, I'll post screenshots as soon as one enters the first team or gives his debut.

David Simbo, Darryl Craig and George Kerr will miss the game against Syrianska IF Kerburan due to internationals. The latter is suspended anyway.

06.09.2014 / Bodens BK (1.) - Syrianska IF Kerburan (8.) / 1:1 (0:1)

0:1 Stenman (14.)
1:1 Eklund (90.+2)
PotM: Abdo Mahmoud (SIF / 8.0)

This was plain horrible. We went behind due to a free kick and couldn't recover at all. Our first real chance of the game came in extra tima with Eklund scoring the equaliser. We mustn't dwell on that and find our form again as Akropolis now is second on equal points.

Ryan Gracia has reached the yellow card limit and will therefore miss the game against Dalkurd.
George Kerr has been away with the Scottish U19 and will be rested in that game, Joakim Eklund will get his chance.

13.09.2014 / Bodens BK (1.) - Dalkurd FF (13.) / 1:0 (0:0)

Azizi (DFF) sent off (47.)
1:0 Micic (58.)
PotM: Alexander Ekblad (DFF / 8.0)

We seem to have serious problems scoring goals. Despite completely controlling the game we weren't particularly dangerous in the final third of the pitch. Luckily this can be solved by simple measures such as changing the match preparation focus. ;)

18 games unbeaten is a new Boden record. Shows what a great season we have really.

Linus Widmark and Simon Brännström have gathered their third yellow cards and thus will miss the game against Karlstad.

20.09.2014 / Karlstads BK (6.) - Bodens BK (1.) / 0:0 (0:0)

Nope.
PotM: Fredrik Lundgren (BBK / 7.7)

That was boring. First half didn't have a single highlight (I play on extended) at all. In the second half we hit the post after a corner but that was it pretty much. The defense was super solid. Akropolis are still par with us, looks like it could come down to the game against them.

27.09.2014 / Umeå IF (12.) - Bodens BK (1.) / 2:1 (0:1)

0:1 Brännström (16.)
1:1 Martensson (47.)
2:1 Lagemyr (65.)
PotM: Eddie Melin (UIF / 7.7)

I suppose it has been coming, but still it's very disappointing to throw away a lead like this. Not much to say except I expect better in our next game againt current league leaders Akropolis.

September sucked. Only one win, a loss and two draws. This obviously made us lose the top spot to Akropolis who we'll face next. If we lose that game, the title is gone and we'd better to well to secure the playoff spot.

View attachment 316573

Player of the month? I don't know really, no one actually impressed me. Therefore I'll go with an unsung hero, Pontus Lundström. The new signing settled in well and is a steady player on his left back position. Shame he'll miss the clash against Akropolis.

View attachment 316574

October 2014

View attachment 316575

This is gonna be a crucial month. First the pre-decisive clash against Akropolis, then three more games to see who wins the league.

In that match, Sebastian Ludzik will replace the suspended Pontus Lundström.

04.10.2014 / Bodens BK (2.) - Akropolis Stockholm (1.) / 1:1 (0:0)

1:0 Kerr (54., pen)
Peter Micic (BBK) sent off (61.)
1:1 Sandberg Magnusson (73.)
PotM: Gustav Sandberg Magnusson (AKR / 7.7)

We were the better team, looking steady to win until Peter Micic decided to go for the douchebag of the year award by getting sent off for a completely pointless dive. If I paid him that was two weeks salary. Morale of the story is Sandberg Magnusson capitalised on a Ludzik error and scores from a corner while the post denies Brännström twice in extra time for us. Extremely unlucky, but we're still in the title race.

Against Enskede we're without David Simbo, Alex Hill, George Kerr, Adam Hegarty, Daryll Craig and of course Peter Micic. Ouch. 4 youth players are needed to fill the squad.

11.10.2014 / Enskede SK (10.) - Bodens BK (2.) / 0:1 (0:0)

Gracia (BBK) sent off (29.)
0:1 Nyström (90.)
PotM: Peder Åström (BBK / 8.8)

MATTIAS ******* NYSTRÖM! First things first, Ryan Gracia showed what it means to be a captain by collecting two yellow cards within five minutes to be sent off. Still I decided to take the offensive road and was right as we were the better team over 90 minutes. At half time I had subbed the awful Simon Brännström for youth striker Mattias Nyström who in minute 90 receives a great pass from Åström, gets past the goalkeeper and runs into the empty goal. Massive result.

Mattias Nyström (18) and Carl Persson (16) gave their debuts against Enskede. Both came through our own youth system.

View attachment 316576View attachment 316577

More positive news: Akropolis lost their home game against Syrianska IF Kerburan. Therefore we are first again!

18.10.2014 / Forward BK (3.) - Bodens BK (2.) / 1:2 (0:1)

0:1 Brännström (4.)
0:2 Åström (82.)
1:2 Åsberg (86., pen)
PotM: Peder Åström (BBK / 8.8)

That was new. I didn't know we were actually able to score from outside the box, but both our goals today came from screamers really. Three absolutely vital points, as it a) takes Forward out of the title race and b) gives us the opportunity to finish business next week against Luleå.

25.10.2014 / Bodens BK (1.) - IFK Luleå (8.) / 3:1 (2:1)

1:0 Kerr (14.)
1:1 Nouri (16.)
2:1 Kerr (45.)
3:1 Åström (67.)
PotM: George Kerr (BBK / 8.9)

BACK TO BACK PROMOTIONS! Domination against our rivals, but I don't give a **** about the game, the result is what matters!

Well, that was October. I'm not gonna complain about that month for sure. :D Akropolis lost their final game so we finished 5 points ahead of them. This was unexpected for sure, but we really deserved to be promoted. More about this in the next post though.

View attachment 316578

Player of the month has to go to Peder Åström who has had an amazing month. Three assists and two goals in his four games this month doesn't quite describe how good he's been. He really was the one who completely made our game and changed our fortunes to get us promoted.

View attachment 316579

I take the screenshots by pressing ALT + F9. They should pop up in the screenshots folder which is in your FM 13 folder. The whole post is centered so the images are as well. Thanks for your feedback as well!

Thanks for the help, also how do I get screenshots into the page? Thx again.

Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks for the help, also how do I get screenshots into the page? Thx again.

Looking forward to the next update.

When you're posting, just click the 'Insert Image'-button above, go to 'From Computer', select the files and upload! Pretty self-explanatory once you're there. Next updates coming soon, I've been playing quite a lot lately due to being ill and therefore stuck at home... could be worse ;)

Season 2014 (Bodens BK)

View attachment 316663

Media prediction: 10th

Final position: 1st

View attachment 316664

This really came unexpected. I knew we'd be able to survive this league without any problems and I was hoping to tackle a position in the top half of the table, but winning the league as a newly-promoted team really surprised me. Despite Akropolis being a tough rival, promotion was relatively secure all the time.

Key players

View attachment 316665

Peter Micic
came in as a backup for Simon Brännström up front but despite his abysmal mental attributes showed that he was much more than just a backup. Without his goals, promotion would have been a much harder ask. He's leaving us but his contract is expiring so we might b able to resign him.

View attachment 316666

What can I say about Fredrik Lundgren? Yet another incredibly solid season at the back for our young center half. He is the on who scoops the PotM-awards if there is no standout player on the pitch. Classy little player.

View attachment 316667

To be completely honest, I expected Ryan Gracia to play a steady but unspectacular season at CM. It felt like he over-performed in the fourth tier already, so what could he do in the third tier? Glad he prove me wrong and was a major part of our midfield engine.

View attachment 316668

Linus Widmark that sexy little ****** really showed some improvements this season. Despite the strong opponents we were playing against this year he was far better than the year before at right back. One of the main reasons we didn't concede a lot this year.

View attachment 316669

Peder Åström
was worth every single of the 10.000.000 cents we invested into his services. He came in from some obscure lower league club and immediately adjusted to this level to form the league's best midfield together with Ryan Gracia. He is the reason we went up in the end due to his great form in October, when he single-handedly won us some vital matches.

View attachment 316670

They call it a sack but in fact my contract just expired. I decided to resign as I didn't feel like I could achieve all that much in Boden without wasting too much time here. My reputation should be enough to get a good job at a team with a shot at my first title soon, so that's what I'm after. We'll see where I'll end up!

When you're posting, just click the 'Insert Image'-button above, go to 'From Computer', select the files and upload! Pretty self-explanatory once you're there. Next updates coming soon, I've been playing quite a lot lately due to being ill and therefore stuck at home... could be worse ;)

Thanks mate. Look forward to reading updates. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar (FH) appoint Hallur Poulsen

View attachment 316702

wikipedia said:
Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar, commonly referred to as FH, is an Icelandic sports club based in Hafnarfjörður.

Icelandic Champion: 6x
2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2012
Icelandic Cups: 2x
2007, 2010
Icelandic League Cups: 5x
2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009
Icelandic Super Cup: 5 x
2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010

From Boden to Hafnarfjörður we go. After 10 months I finally found a good job. FH has yet again been relegated to the second tier of Icelandic football. That's not where they belong. I decided to take the offer because FH has some incredible potential for Icelandic standards. Pretty sure I can win everything domestically in at most five years. First I need to revamp the squad to win the First Division though, but that should be easy.

View attachment 316703

The revamping is pretty much finished as we start into the pre-season. We have a few players that are nothing short of awesome for this level and I gotta admit that I'm pretty impressed with everything except for the finances at this club. My predecessors might have been awful at managing the club but they certainly paved the way for me by signing a few players for this season that I'd call superb.

View attachment 316704View attachment 316705

Lots of quality players that should do at Premier Division level as well. Let's focus on a few exciting guys.

View attachment 316706

Arnaldur Markan is a young man whose parents manipulated his DNA so he could live up to his dreams and become a giraffe. Or something like this. This man is gonna dominate this league aerially. Apart from his aerial strength, he isn't all that slow or bad with the ball either. Just can't decide whether to let him take corners or to let him receive them. Coming Icelandic international if you ask me.

View attachment 316707

Emil Pálsson will be Markan's striking partner, playing in a rather deep-lying position. He's been at FH for a while but never really performed well despite being a good player. My aim is to get the best out of him, which should be possible. Fast and technically somewhat accomplished, I hope he can use this season to impress.

View attachment 316708

Petúr Viðarsson hopefully will be the rock in defense for us. He is a youth product of the club and has been here for 10 years already. Not much to say about this solid defender.

View attachment 316709

Hólmar Örn Rúnarsson may be old at 34, but he still is a great player. He will be the maestro in midfield for us, using his experience to control the game. Just a solid passer with some good mental attributes. Hopefully he won't decline too rapidly as I really don't have any young midfielders looking to step in.

View attachment 316727

Oskar Petúrsson
is hands down the best goalkeeper I've had so far in this save, even though Per Svensson hardly was what you'd call a competitor. Has Premier Division quality and should do for the next 5 years being only 27.

The main problem about the squad is the age. Both our central midfield and our defense have a big share of players on the wrong side of 30. This will have to be solved. Apart from that I'm comfortable that this will be the easiest season I've played so far on FM13, in fact my aim is to go invincible. I mean, seriously, I've played Championship with worse squads, this is absolutely possible.

I intend to stay at FH until I won every domestic title in Iceland (League, League Cup, Domestic Cup, Super Cup) but might also go for Champions League qualification before I leave. Building an Icelandic dynasty sounds somewhat appealing to me. I'll just let things come at me.​

Last edited:
February 2016

View attachment 316728

We start our season with four friendlies before the Upper League Cup kicks off.

View attachment 316729

The win against ÍBV was impressive, the results against HK and Ægir were pretty bad to be honest. I don't really care about results in pre-season friendlies though, especially as you can see we had a tight schedule there.

Next up is the Upper League Cup. This is some kind of a preparation joke tournament featuring all Premier and First Division sides. Three groups of eight teams of which the top two plus the two best third placed advance to the quarter final. From there it's pretty straightforward. The winner gets to Europe. Sadly this tournament is more of a season preparation than a serious tournament, but still I'll use it to get used to the tactics.

13.02.2016 / FH - KF / 4:0 (1:0)

1:0 Larusson (9.)
2:0 Pálsson (56.)
3:0 H. Sigurðársson (79.)
4:0 Pálsson (84.)
PotM: Petur Viðarsson (FH / 9.0)

After our pre-season friendlies were not all that impressive this was really good, especially as I fielded two youth players in defense due to some squad rotation. Nice result against a team predicted to finish 10th in our league.

View attachment 316730

This just proves how pointless this competition really is. It does however offer a European qualification spot, so why not go for it?

Arnaldur Markan
will miss our next game injured. Things went worse for young right back Baldvin Sigurðsson, who is out for 6-7 weeks. Shame as he really impressed me against KF.

20.02.2016 / Haukar - FH / 3:2 (2:0)

1:0 Valdimarsson (3.)
2:0 Valdimarsson (16.)
3:0 Stefansson (64.)
3:1 H. Sigurðarsson (72.)
3:2 Pálsson (85.)
PotM: Hólmar Valdimarsson (Haukar / 9.2)

Let's face it, we were horrible. The only reason we got back into the game was the horrible performance of the opposing goalkeeper. Haukar is in our league and actually our fiercest rival so this loss really hurts.

27.02.2016 / FH - Breiðablik / 2:4 (2:2)

0:1 Illugason (9.)
1:1 Pálsson (10.)
1:2 Illugason (25.)
2:2 Markan (43.)
2:3 Illugason (57., pen)
2:4 Guðnason (82.)
PotM: Þorhallúr Illugason (Breiðablik / 9.8)

Breiðablik obviously is not a bad team, but they shouldn't be that much better as they were today. I think it's already time to realize that my offensive concept is bound to fail as long as our defense consists of retards having no clue how to defend ****. If a 17 year old half-talented boy such as Illugason can run rampant like this I don't know what happens when we face some real players. Back to the drawing board.

I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to build a decent attacking tactic so far in all of FM13. It might seem weird to state that after three competitive game but just by the way we played I could tell the tactics are utter bullshit. I tried to emphasize on pressing the opponent deep in his own half to not allow for a structured game but neither did we press efficiently nor did it harm the opponent. I know that it takes quite some time for such a tactic to settle, but I need promotion this year. Therefore I'm back to a more defensive approach as played in Boden for three years. Still not giving up on the idea of a very offensive tactic based on heavy pressing and overloading the wings for next season. ;)

February is over and I'm disillusioned. I came to Iceland and wanted to rock the country with awesome offensive football but things didn't go the way I want them to yet. While the win against KF was nice and all, conceding 7 against Haukar and Breiðablik is far too much for me. I hope with adding another tactic we can improve. The League Cup might not be over yet but I think it's unlikely we progress through the group as we pretty much have to win every remaining game from now on. Including those against powerhouse Valur and reigning champions Grindavik. Pointless competition anyway. :D

View attachment 316732

Player of the month goes to Emil Pálsson. Despite us losing two out of three he was able to contribute an impressive four goals already. Looks a decent choice as DLF already.

View attachment 316733

leaving for the Iceland second tier is quite a shock esp after double promotion in Sweden but makes your journey more interesting at this point!

FH look like a great club to take over Iceland :)

Back