A Simpler Story....Started At The Bottom, Now We're Here!

December 2017

FC-Telford.png

December 2017
"Sitting On The Fringes Of The Playoffs"

Matchday 19: Tamworth (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 7.0, Lussey 6.9, White 6.9

View attachment 64959
View attachment 64958

Disappointing to lose this one after taking the lead mid way through the second half. The defence let us down again.

Matchday 20: FC United of Manchester (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Lussey 7.2, Matinyadze 7.1, Singh 6.8

View attachment 64957
View attachment 64956

Possibly our worst performance of the season. We were really bad!

Matchday 21: North Ferriby United (Away)

Telford Top Performers: Marsden 9.6, Dinanga 8.1, Hayden 7.5

View attachment 64955
View attachment 64954

We pile on the misery for the club at the bottom of the table. I handed John Marsden only his 2nd start of the season and the striker banged in a hat trick....something to think about?

Matchday 22: Chorley (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 8.7, Marsden 8.1, Dwyer 7.0

View attachment 64953
View attachment 64952

Chorley just came out on top in a fantastic game for the neutrals. The defence was poor which cost us in the end.

Matchday 23: Kidderminster Harriers (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 9.0, Murphy 8.8, Sutton 8.3

View attachment 64951
View attachment 64950

We gave one of our biggest rivals a proper hiding. Always a good way to get the fans on side!

Sitting in 10th going into the New Year. Only a couple of points off a playoff place though as things are really tight with only 4 points between 6th and 12th.

View attachment 64949

Matthew Barnes-Homer suffered an injury which will see him out of action for 6 weeks.

View attachment 64948

January 2018

FC-Telford.png

January 2018
"Couple Of Wins, Couple Of Draws....And A Loss"

Matchday 24: Harrogate Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Matinyadze 7.4, White 7.3, Dinanga 7.3

View attachment 64944
View attachment 64943

Last time we played Harrogate they'd made a flying start to the season. Now they were in woeful form and struggling in the bottom third of the table. But both sides still only laboured to a 1-1 draw.

Matchday 25: Alfreton Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 8.4, Sutton 7.8, Singh 7.3

View attachment 64942
View attachment 64941

We just edged a really tight game here. It was the quality of chances that counted on the day as 5 of ours were clear cut, to only 1 of theirs.

Matchday 26: Spennymoor (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Cowans 9.3, Simpson 8.2, Wilson 7.2

View attachment 64940
View attachment 64939

Initially it looks like a bad result against a team battling against relegation, but we actually came back from 4-1 down in this game so I'm actually quite pleased with the point.

Matchday 27: Leamington (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 9.0, Simpson 8.7, Cowans 8.6

View attachment 64938
View attachment 64937

A solid home performance sees us extend our unbeaten run in the league to 5 games.

Matchday 28: Salford City (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Cowans 8.0, Dinanga 7.3, Murphy 6.9

View attachment 64936
View attachment 64935

Gutted! Fell to a 90th minute goal.

This month's results leave us 9th in the table and 5 points off the playoffs. The top 4 have started to pull away and the writing looks on the wall for North Ferriby at the bottom.

View attachment 64934

Henry Cowans was rewarded for his fine form this month with the player of the month award.

View attachment 64933

February 2018

FC-Telford.png

February 2018
"Knocking On That Playoff Door"

Matchday 29: Curzon Ashton (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Simpson 8.5, Sutton 8.2, Cowans 8.1

View attachment 64899
View attachment 64898

What a way to kick off the shortest month of the year. A fantastic 4-1 win away from home to keep us lingering just outside those playoff spots.

Matchday 30: Bradford PA (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 9.3, Cowans 8.8, White 8.4

View attachment 64897
View attachment 64896

It was all over by half time :)

Matchday 31: Darlington (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 8.0, Simpson 7.3, White 7.1

View attachment 64895
View attachment 64894

We fought back from 2-0 down with 2 goals in less than a minute. We probably should have won the game too after missing a couple of late chances. But this draw moved us into the playoff places.

Matchday 32: York City (Home)

Telford Top Performers: Simpson 7.6, Singh 7.1, White 6.8

View attachment 64893
View attachment 64892

We just can't beat these bastards.

We sit 8th in the league now and only 1 point off the playoff places. We did manage to work our way into 7th after the Darlington game, but the loss against York knocked us back a place at the end of the month.

View attachment 64891

Striker, Marcus Dinanga is now pulling away from the chasing pack in assists in the league.

View attachment 64890

I had a weird job link this month with the vacant position at Southport. They are in the same league as us and struggling in the bottom half....why would I want this job?! Obviously I knocked back the rumors immediately.

View attachment 64889

Telford rewarded my loyalty by funding a new coaching course.

View attachment 64888

And I managed to sign up Henry Cowans on a 2 year contract after Salford City had come sniffing round the player.

View attachment 64887

Im guessing the job front thing is based on reputation and finances of the club? I have had teams come in for me from the league below and the media say they think i would like to join the bigger club lol

Im guessing the job front thing is based on reputation and finances of the club? I have had teams come in for me from the league below and the media say they think i would like to join the bigger club lol

I'm not sure mate.... Telford valued at £430k, Southport valued at £268k. They have poor youth facilities and basic training facilities - we have below average youth facilities and excellent training facilities. Both clubs have a 1 star local reputation.

The only thing I can see is that they were predicted a 4th place finish pre season....so maybe their squad is seen as stronger than mine? But everything else points to it being a step down.... Bit weird.

March 2018

FC-Telford.png

March 2018
"In The Playoff Spots With 5 Games Left"

Matchday 33: Southport (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 9.5, Cowans 9.0, Marsden 9.0

View attachment 64878
View attachment 64877

A great result against the club who's manager job I was linked with last month.

Matchday 34: Stockport County (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Marsden 8.4, Dinanga 7.5, Cowans 7.4

View attachment 64876
View attachment 64875

Can't believe we lost this one. We really handed it to them with 2 penalties and their other 2 goals came from defensive errors as well. A poor result.

Matchday 35: Blyth Spartans (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Singh 7.2, Sutton 7.1, Marsden 7.0

View attachment 64873
View attachment 64872

We were really unlucky not to take anything from our earlier game in the season against Blyth. So it was nice to get a bit of justice here with a solid 1-0. The defence were a lot better today after the dismal showing against Stockport.

Matchday 36: Nuneaton Town (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Marsden 8.3, Cowans 8.1, Sutton 7.4

View attachment 64870
View attachment 64869

Nuneaton smashed us 4-0 earlier in the season, so it was good to get some revenge against one of our main rivals in this one. Back to back clean sheets as well.

Matchday 37: Boston United (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 7.0, Singh 6.9, Cowans 6.8

View attachment 64867
View attachment 64866

Boston complete the double over us this year in a tight game that could of gone either way.

The 3 wins this month have moved us into the playoff places, but with Brackley Town, Tamworth and Boston United on our tails, it's likely to go right down to the wire with only 5 games remaining.

View attachment 64864

John Marsden's good form was recognised with a 3rd place award in the player of the month.

View attachment 64861

As we approach the end of the season, I have two of the best players in the league based on average ratings.

View attachment 64863

Jonathan Royle was moved on after becoming disillusioned at the club with a lack of first team football.

View attachment 64862

Good to see the son of Villa legend and European Cup winner Gordon Cowans performing well and that you've tied him down for another couple of years!

Good to see the son of Villa legend and European Cup winner Gordon Cowans performing well and that you've tied him down for another couple of years!

The lad has been phenomenal....possibly become my favourite player at the club. And he's received a nomination for the League Player of the Year.....we'll have to wait and see if he can win it!

April 2018

FC-Telford.png

April 2018
"A 6th Place Finish Means We're In The Playoffs"

Matchday 38: Gainsborough Trinity (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Dinanga 9.5, Dwyer 8.8, Marsden 8.1

View attachment 64838
View attachment 64837

We whack 5 past Gainsborough for the 2nd time this season. After being 5-1 up at half time though, we massively stepped off the gas in the 2nd half and almost threw it away.

Matchday 39: Brackley Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Marsden 7.3, Wilson 7.0, Cowans 7.0

View attachment 64836
View attachment 64835

This was a massive game in the race for the playoff spots with 8th vs 7th. And it was Brackley who came out on top and we drop out of the top 7.

Matchday 40: FC United of Manchester (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Sutton 7.4, Hayden 7.1, Wilson 7.0

View attachment 64834
View attachment 64833

A good draw away from home against the side 5th in the table. And Brackley lost so it moved us back into the playoff spots.

Matchday 41: Tamworth (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Cowans 7.8, Sutton 7.7, White 7.6

View attachment 64832
View attachment 64831

Another massive game which saw 7th play 9th. We were much the better side and carved out a crucial 1-0 victory which put to bed all of Tamworth's chances of making the playoffs.

Matchday 42: North Ferriby United (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Dwyer 9.5, Marsden 9.5, Murphy 9.4

View attachment 64830
View attachment 64829

A perfect way to end the season. Banged in 6 goals, each striker picking up 2 on the day. It also confirms 6th in the league for us and a playoff spot.

A 6th placed finish means we'll be in the playoff first round. Salford City are crowned champions and will go up automatically. North Ferriby United, Bradford PA and Leamington all go down. Brackley Town also sneaked the final playoff spot ahead of Kidderminster who fell from 5th to 8th in the final month of the season.

View attachment 64828

We set a new club record for the most goals scored in a league campaign.

View attachment 64827

I was handed a new contract with a pay rise to £500 per week.

View attachment 64826

And I also tied up some key players for the next couple of seasons.

View attachment 64825

View attachment 64824

View attachment 64823

We'll play FC United of Manchester in the Playoffs First Round. Both league games this season between us and them have finished in draws so it's likely to be a close game.

View attachment 64822

Playoffs

FC-Telford.png

The Playoffs

National League North Playoff 1st Round: FC United of Manchester (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Marsh 8.8, Murphy 7.6, Singh 7.0

View attachment 64820
View attachment 64821

They had the home draw, being the higher placed team in the league and we knew it would be a close game having already drawn twice with them during the standard league campaign. But we managed to overhaul them finally in extra time. I lost two strikers to injury in this game early on though, and both Anthony Dwyer & John Marsden will miss the remainder of the playoff campaign. Blyth Spartans also overcame Brackley Town to progress.

National League North Playoff Semi Final: York City (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Cowans 7.1, McGrory 7.0, Murphy 6.9

View attachment 64818
View attachment 64819

We took on York City for the 5th time this season. And it didn't bode well for us that we hadn't beaten them in any of the previous 4 fixtures, and were missing 3 strikers from our starting lineup who had 39 goals between them this season.

The lads gave me a gallant effort today and I can't knock them at all. With a depleted squad through injuries, and half the boys being knackered from the previous game which had gone to extra time, they were still very much in the game until the final 20 minutes or so when York's extra fitness kicked in and we struggled to keep up with them.

York City went on to beat Blyth Spartans in the final as well. I have to admit I won't miss them next season!

View attachment 64817

End of Season Awards

FC-Telford.png

End of Season Awards

Highest Average Rating

1st. John Marsden - Striker - 27 appearances - 7.41
2nd. Henry Cowans - Central Midfield - 43 appearances - 7.38
3rd. Marcus Dinanga - Striker - 42 appearances - 7.34

Top Goalscorer

1st. Marcus Dinanga - Striker - 22
2nd. Jordan Murphy - Striker - 21
3rd. John Marsden - Striker - 14

Most Assists

1st. Marcus Dinanga - Striker - 18
2nd. Henry Cowans - Central Midfield - 11
3rd. Ryan Wilson - Wing Back - 10

View attachment 64816

View attachment 64815

The board were left pretty happy at the end of the season.

View attachment 64814

Marcus Dinanga picked up the Player of the Season award for the National League North.

View attachment 64813

English Football

england-soccer-ball.png

English End of Season Review

Manchester United were crowned champions in the Premier League. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs took the Champions League spots, as Arsenal missed out on a Europa League place to Watford! A great season for them!

View attachment 64764

Middlesbrough win the Championship and will be joined by Leeds and Hull in the Premier League next season. Sheffield United, Burton Albion and Barnsley will drop to League Two.

View attachment 64763

Blackburn meet expectations, winning League One quite comfortably. Southend and MK Dons will go up alongside them. Plymouth and Doncaster are straight back down alongside Gillingham and Oldham.

View attachment 64762

Forest Green couldn't maintain their football league status as they finish rock bottom of league two. Exeter win the division and go up with Coventry, Mansfield and Notts County.

View attachment 64761

Ebbsfleet will be playing in the football league for the first time next season after winning the National League. Hartlepool go up via the playoffs. Halifax Town will drop down to our division next season.

View attachment 64760

Chelmsford win the National League South and will go up with Whitehawk.

View attachment 64759

Chelsea lift the FA Cup.

View attachment 64758

Arsenal will play in Europe next year despite their poor league position, after winning the Carabao Cup.

View attachment 64757

Blackburn completed a double after winning the Checkatrade Trophy.

View attachment 64756

And the FA Trophy went to Hartlepool.

View attachment 64755

Gutting way to crash out of the playoffs mate. Hopefully you'll be able to bounce back stronger for next season.

Gutting way to crash out of the playoffs mate. Hopefully you'll be able to bounce back stronger for next season.

Yea the injuries and tiredness we had going into the game with York was gutting as I feel with a full strength side it would have been a lot closer. But we ended the season pretty strongly and with a couple of good additions I hope we can pick up where we left off next season!

Pre Season 2018/19

FC-Telford.png

Pre Season 2018/19

The pre season campaign went well. We smashed some lower league sides with our strikers all showing off and competing for a place in the starting lineup. The result against West Ham was excellent as they played a pretty much full strength team....

View attachment 64666

...and that Hammers game brought in over 5000 fans which boosted the bank balance just before the season kicked off.

View attachment 64665

During the Summer, the board announced a couple of sponsorship deals and the pre tax profits from last year. We're making money!

View attachment 64663

View attachment 64662

And the results have left the dynamics of the squad in a good place prior to the league campaign kicking off.

View attachment 64664

So ahead of the new season, the board gave me a little bit of money to spend and boosted the wage budget as well.

View attachment 64661

With everything looking pretty positive, it was easy for me to deny links with Dover Athletic who were relegated from the National League last year.

View attachment 64660

So what did I do with that money the board gave me. Well there were definitely areas of the squad I wanted to improve and this is who I've managed to bring in.....

James McQuilkin
Unattached - Free Transfer

Hopefully the fans can get behind James as he has actually spent the last 3 years with one of our main rivals Kidderminster Harriers, where he scored 15 goals from midfield. He's a really good passer of the ball with good teamwork and work rate through the middle of the park.

View attachment 64659

Reece Thompson

Reece will bolster the attack this year. He was released by Guiseley in the National League and I quickly snapped him up. He's spent the last 3 years in the National League also turning out for York City and North Ferriby too. Thompson has 49 goals in 119 career appearances to date so he knows how to find the back of the net.

View attachment 64658

Steve Williams
Alfreton Town - Free Transfer

The defence needed some fresh faces after last year as we did concede far too many goals. I'm hoping Steve can be a rock at the back for us. He joins from league rivals Alfreton Town where he made 38 appearances last year and recorded an average rating of 6.85.

View attachment 64657

Ben Goodliffe
Wolves - Season Long Loan

I took advantage of our link with Wolves as our senior affiliate to bring Ben in. He looks like a fantastic player for this level and is likely to be at the heart of our 3 man defence all season providing the youngster can stay fit.

View attachment 64654

Jordan Cullinane - Liburd
Solihull Moors - Free Transfer

I poached Jordan from National League South side Solihull, where he was a prominent figure last year making 32 appearances for them. He can play centre back, full back or wing back so is a versatile addition.

View attachment 64652

Charley O'Keefe
Stevenage - Season Long Loan

Another young centre back I've brought in on loan for the season. I was keen for a left footer to play at the back and Charley fits that bill. He looks decent as well.

View attachment 64650

Lloyd Doyley
Hemel Hempstead Town - Free Transfer

The Watford legend is getting on a bit now but will offer decent backup. I also brought him in to offer guidance to the new youngsters I've brought into the team.

View attachment 64651

Charlie Dunkerley

Charlie is a product of the Hull City academy and is yet to make a competitive start. But with his stats, he's got a real opportunity here to make a name for himself in the game.

View attachment 64649

So after all the new additions and the pre season campaign coming to an end, the bookies have released their prediction for the season. It looks like we're fancied to make the playoffs again.

View attachment 64648

And Jordan Murphy is expected to be amongst the league's top goalscorers.

View attachment 64647

August 2018

FC-Telford.png

August 2018
"An Unbeaten Start"

Before the season kicked off, the board sent me their expectations. Pretty lenient I feel and they put little pressure on me or the team.

View attachment 64618

A few more season tickets sold this year.

View attachment 64602

We suffer a couple of injuries to the defence before the season even starts.

View attachment 64617

View attachment 64616

Matchday 1: Kidderminster Harriers (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Thompson 9.3, Marsden 9.3, Goodliffe 8.8

View attachment 64615
View attachment 64614

Starting with a 4-0 win against anyone is the perfect way to begin any new season. But doing it against one of your biggest rivals on their own turf....that's priceless!

Matchday 2: Stockport County (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Matinyadze 8.7, Murphy 8.6, Thompson 8.3

View attachment 64613
View attachment 64612

2-0 down at half time....3-2 up only 4 minutes into the second half!!! A draw probably a fair result at the end of the day.

Matchday 3: Nuneaton Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 9.7, Thompson 9.6, O'Keefe 9.0

View attachment 64611
View attachment 64610

Another huge away win against another one of our rivals. 13 goals in our opening 3 games ain't bad!

Matchday 4: Alfreton Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 9.0, McQuilkin 9.0, Doyley 8.2

View attachment 64609
View attachment 64608

What happens when the strikers have a bad day away from home....we only score 3 goals, haha! Enough to keep up our 100% away record though.

Matchday 5: Blyth Spartans (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 9.6, Marsden 9.3, White 8.8

View attachment 64607
View attachment 64606

We end the month as we started it, with a 4-0 win!

The unbeaten start means we finish August at the top of the pile.

View attachment 64605

Which means a manager of the month award for me.

View attachment 64604

And with an amazing 10 goals in 5 games, Murphy picks up the player of the month.

View attachment 64603

September 2018

FC-Telford.png

September 2018
"Our First Defeat Of The Season Knocks Us Off The Top"

Matchday 6: Altrincham (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Marsden 7.6, McQuilkin 7.6, Singh 7.0

View attachment 64546
View attachment 64545

We made hard work of this one and it looked for a long time like we might lose our unbeaten start to the season.

Matchday 7: Kettering Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Goodliffe 8.4, Marsden 7.2, Murphy 7.2

View attachment 64544
View attachment 64543

Back to winning ways. We seem to be solid away from home so far this season!

Matchday 8: Workington (Home)
Telford Top Performers: White 7.5, Cullinane-Liburd 7.1, Cowans 6.9

View attachment 64542
View attachment 64541

Workington is an apt name for this club as we were made to work very hard to get a draw here.

Matchday 9: Solihull Moors (Home)
Telford Top Performers:Thompson 9.3, O'Keefe 8.7, White 8.5

View attachment 64540
View attachment 64539

Solihull had had a tough start to the season and sat rock bottom of the table coming into this one, and we piled on the misery with a comfortable home victory.

Matchday 10: Halifax Town (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Dwyer 7.1, Dunkerley 7.1, O'Keefe 7.0

View attachment 64538
View attachment 64537

Despite being pre season favourites to win the title, Halifax have made a surprisingly poor start to the campaign and were 19th coming into this game. But they still managed to inflict our first defeat of the season on us here, scoring with the last kick of the game after we'd fought back from 2-0 down with 10 men. Gutted.

Matchday 11: Darlington (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Marsden 8.8, Cullinane-Liburd 8.0, Goodliffe 7.8

View attachment 64536
View attachment 64535

Bounced straight back from the defeat at Halifax.

The defeat against Halifax knocked us off the top, but us and Boston United are starting to pull away a little at the top.

View attachment 64534

We drew Mildenhall in the FA Cup 2nd qualifying round.

View attachment 64533

And even with me resting 5 first team regulars for this one, it was still a walkover against our lower league opposition.

View attachment 64532
View attachment 64531

And now we will face another team from the lower leagues in the next qualifying round, in Basingstoke.

View attachment 64530

My work at Telford is not going unnoticed as I am linked with Barrow from the National League. I'm quite happy where I am and this job is nowehere near big enough to make me contemplate moving at this time.

View attachment 64529

The first stages of Brexit kicked in this month.

View attachment 64528

We lost Jame McQuilkin right at the end of the month to injury, and he'll miss the whole October.

View attachment 64527

October 2018

FC-Telford.png

October 2018
"We Keep Up Our Great League Form But Drop Out Of The FA Cup"

Matchday 12: FC United of Manchester (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 8.8, Cowans 8.6, McGrory 7.5

View attachment 64502
View attachment 64501

What a game. The lads showed great heart and spirit to come back from 2-0 and 3-2 down to win the game. A massive result against the team in 4th place.

Matchday 13: Harrogate Town (Home)

Telford Top Performers: Thompson 9.1, Cowans 8.3, Goodliffe 8.2

View attachment 64500
View attachment 64499

Another solid home win against a top half side.

Matchday 14: Gainsborough Trinity (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Thompson 9.6, Cowans 8.9, Murphy 8.8

View attachment 64498
View attachment 64497

Gainsborough massively overachieved last year and this year they are doing the same as they sit 6th coming into this. But we put 10 goals past them in 2 games last year and the strikers had another field day today putting another 5 past Trinity.

Matchday 15: Curzon Ashton (Away)
Telford Top Performers: O'Keefe 7.5, Williams 6.9, Goodliffe 6.9

View attachment 64496
View attachment 64495

We were poor!

The loss against Curzon Ashton at the end of the month means we don't finish the month at the top of the table. But we're still looking good and are 11 points clear of 8th place.

View attachment 64503

I grab 2nd place in the manager of the month.

View attachment 64494

And Reece Thompson grabs 3rd in the player of the month.

View attachment 64493

And 15 games into the season, I currently have 4 of the best players in the league based on average rating.

View attachment 64492

In the FA Cup we took on Basingstoke Town in the 3rd qualifying round. But the strikers didn't turn up for this one and we'll have to play an unnecessary replay.

View attachment 64491
View attachment 64490

We were much better in the replay!

View attachment 64489
View attachment 64488

And we were handed another draw against lower league opposition, giving us a great chance to qualify for the 1st round proper.

View attachment 64487

But we wasted that chance!!

View attachment 64486
View attachment 64485

And finally, there was another update on the Brexit situation.

View attachment 64484

November 2018

FC-Telford.png

November 2018
"Back To The Top We Go"

Matchday 16: Spennymoor (Away)
Telford Top Performers: Thompson 9.1, Cowans 9.0, Wilson 8.0

View attachment 64481
View attachment 64480

Bounced straight back from the disappointment against Curzon Ashton in the previous game. Reece Thompson carried his excellent goalscoring form from October straight into this month.

Matchday 17: Boston United (Away)

Telford Top Performers: Marsden 8.3, Goodliffe 8.1, Cowans 7.2

View attachment 64479
View attachment 64478

This top of the table clash saw us take all 3 points and leapfrog Boston into 1st place! A tough, gritty win and and lads did me proud.

Matchday 18: Tamworth (Home)
Telford Top Performers: Murphy 9.6, Marsden 9.3, Goodliffe 8.9

View attachment 64477
View attachment 64476

A quality result against one of our local rivals to finish off a perfect month.

3 wins from 3 takes us to the top of the league and with a 4 point buffer as well, as Boston followed up their loss to us with a draw against FC United.

View attachment 64475

It was a clean sweep in the league awards as I took manager of the month for the 2nd time this season, and 3 of my players filled 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the player of the month too.

View attachment 64473

View attachment 64472

The draw for the FA Trophy 3rd qualifying round took place and we will play Newcastle Town at home.

View attachment 64474

Clubs from the leagues above are starting to take note. I've been linked with the Carlisle and Forest Green jobs, and offered an interview with Hartlepool. However, I knocked everyone back as I don't feel ready to turn my back on Telford with what we're achieving this year!

View attachment 64471

View attachment 64470

View attachment 64469

And the board rewarded me for my loyalty with another new contract. with another £100 pay rise.

View attachment 64468

Whilst my stature is growing in English football, the national manager was sacked.

View attachment 64467

And replaced with Sean Dyche.

View attachment 64466

There was another Brexit update.

View attachment 64464

On the injury front, we lost centre back Charley O'Keefe at the end of the month and he will be out for up to 7 weeks.

View attachment 64465