A Story Is Not Just Showing Us Screenshots Of Your Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, i didn't realise that about the 2 story maximum thing i really should keep up! So in that case, by deleting their dead stories you're actually doing them a favour as they then are allowed to start new ones as they don't have any? Seems like that system is a bit self-defeating? I like your idea of an approval system mate, i believe that could work well, however if stories are only checked by one Mod it could lead to bias as people obviously have different opinions as to what is 'good' and what isn't, therefore the only way that would work is if all mods view the 'potential story' and then approval is then achieved (or not) on a jury majority verdict? But i think that could potentially be taking things too far as at the end of the day, its only a Football Manager story, not a murder trial. To be honest the only thing that would help is if these 'members' didn't post so many stupid dead stories (speaking of which you can close any of mine that i've created apart from my Espanyol one :D)! An idea that has just popped into my head is that you could limit each member to one story per each FM edition, or per patch? This would therefore make people think very wisely and make them have to be committed to the story thread?

the rule is ''max of 2 stories running at any one time''

if the staff all decided on some set rules then it wouldnt be too hard for whoever is online to approve a story. and jesus mate there was dead wood in those stories, 3 weeks since an update lol, all closed now.

other than that i agree with what you said and may mention it in the staff room. :D

the rule is ''max of 2 stories running at any one time''

if the staff all decided on some set rules then it wouldnt be too hard for whoever is online to approve a story. and jesus mate there was dead wood in those stories, 3 weeks since an update lol, all closed now.

other than that i agree with what you said and may mention it in the staff room. :D

Yeah i know mate, i was once a noob who started stupid stories, but my ways have changed :) the only decent story i've written is my Espanyol one, have you left that one open or is it now closed? Cheers mate glad you liked my suggestions :) i think the one story per FM edition/patch could work ^^)

Yeah i know mate, i was once a noob who started stupid stories, but my ways have changed :) the only decent story i've written is my Espanyol one, have you left that one open or is it now closed? Cheers mate glad you liked my suggestions :) i think the one story per FM edition/patch could work ^^)

espanyol is open if you want to keep it going mate

I find them much easier to read if they don't have other comments myself so you don't have to trawl through all the posts.

Well if that is how you think, maybe you should take a look at how I organized my updates in my story HERE

Well if that is how you think, maybe you should take a look at how I organized my updates in my story HERE

Stigen that's a brill way to lay the story out. I retired in my Alex Ferguson story after 10 seasons but I might add a similar contents page just to make it easier to read and sort the updates from the comments. Well done

I am looking to start a story with Toulouse in Kris's Super League DB, it will be my only one so I am worried it will fail, primarily because I am not that good at the game, I struggle to stick to games and it takes a lot of time to do a story efficiently. I hope you guys won't hate me for making a balls of a story, but I owe it to myself to do one

Get to January before posting the story Jamie, as you do not want to become a "Louis" for want of a better phrase

I am looking to start a story with Toulouse in Kris's Super League DB, it will be my only one so I am worried it will fail, primarily because I am not that good at the game, I struggle to stick to games and it takes a lot of time to do a story efficiently. I hope you guys won't hate me for making a balls of a story, but I owe it to myself to do one

Well, I guess you could use the Post Your Game Updates in the beginning, and see if you can stick into it

haa I do hope my story doesn't come under this 99% bracket.. I might not be good at using photoshop or whatever, but I have tried to make it as original as possible, even if I'm managing Chelsea.

this is getting a bit silly now because since you suggested the ides of 'fake articles' loads of people are doing it and ti is now getting quite boring.

Just shows the lack of imagination.

Anyway thread closed. I think enough has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.