A Story Is Not Just Showing Us Screenshots Of Your Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, good point I hate reading the intro's to stories and then its endless screens and results. I've tried to make mine original, with Manger Updates, transfer news , financial news etc etc - plus I'm using an edited database with a twist!!! few people had liked my story, check it out:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/scottish-football-in-crisis-new-found-hope-t28462.html

it may give you a few ideas but i do agree with a few others and people need to leave feedback for the stories to improve. I hope my story can give you a few ideas

i have a new idea, wondered if anyone was interested, since mine falls into the "boring" category, i was thinking of rather than being the manager, id be the fan spokesperson, i would react to every result, signing and managerial change, i would add protests and entries into the stadium for shirt signings and so on so forth, would anyone be interested if i did this?, thought it was a sexy idea myself

actually lmao XD

I've been waiting for a thread like this to come up for a while. Storys are being put up without care and members are just dropping screens and then if no one posts (which they wont if you put no effort in) they complain & give up.
The only thing worse than that is when they have a totally **** layout eg. post the result of every match seperately non-stop for 10 hours.....these guys need to see daylight, either that or get put in an fm-less environment so that we can assess how they slowly fade into insanity.

Rant Over. :)

i think my stories are good because of my reporting talent. Journo after uni

Hiya lads, quick question for you all. (I have already posted it on the help thread but havent had a proper answer) Now I am trying to make my story a bit more interesting (Check it out
wink.gif
) and want it to stand out a bit from the rest of the crowd. Now my question to you is do any of you know how I can get game highlights from FM10 onto FM Base? Many thanks in advance, if you don't know, dont worry and I will venture over to the SI forum to see if they know :)

Hiya lads, quick question for you all. (I have already posted it on the help thread but havent had a proper answer) Now I am trying to make my story a bit more interesting (Check it out
wink.gif
) and want it to stand out a bit from the rest of the crowd. Now my question to you is do any of you know how I can get game highlights from FM10 onto FM Base? Many thanks in advance, if you don't know, dont worry and I will venture over to the SI forum to see if they know :)

I am propably wrong, but I think I heard a corresponding question before, and then somebody answered saying that it is possible, but you have to have some program to change the format or something, so it could be shown elsewhere from FM too
but im not sure:S

I am propably wrong, but I think I heard a corresponding question before, and then somebody answered saying that it is possible, but you have to have some program to change the format or something, so it could be shown elsewhere from FM too

but im not sure:S

Hmm ok, no worrries mate. Thanks for the advice. P.s Sorry for going slightly off topic.

Ask Samillyroy he put his video on to Youtube and then put it on have a look at his story

wink.gif

Hi BigAl, I have just done something similar on my story (I'm calling it "no-pay-per-view"!) check it out bud.

My story has humour and is definately different to the average run of the mill story check it out on the link below.

I apologise if my South Shields story has became like this (i.e. screenshots and updates etc..) I will look to change that need few ideas though as I did used to better updates I feel on my AFC Wimbledon story need some fresh ideas though.

Will have a think and post them on the thread :)

Thanks Dan. I just think that people should consider how they layout the story. They should take a look at your thread as a prime example. The stickies are also very helpful and need to be used more. :)

Thanks Dan. I just think that people should consider how they layout the story. They should take a look at your thread as a prime example. The stickies are also very helpful and need to be used more. :)

A story is a big commitment and there are times when your patience is tested, so love the idea of posting progress for comment without having to commit to maintaining a full thread. Some good stories disappear due to a lack of commitment and anyone thinking of starting one for the first time should consider posting on your thread first. Nice one mod's in making it a permament feature!

Thanks for your kind words about my thread Chris, I've tried a few different things as I go to try and keep it interesting so it's pleasing to hear that it's being enjoyed.

Keep up the good work mate.

If I could 'like' that post I would. :) There are some good stories that get lost but I can understand it is hard to commit sometimes. I wouldn't try too hard to make it amazing at first as that is when you will lose the commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.