A Thorn in the Side - A York City Story

Congratulations on yet another promotion - Never seen a story be so successful in soaring up the Leagues!

If you can pull off a promotion to the Premier League on that budget at the first time of asking they need to immortalise a statue of you outside that new Stadium immediately!

Congratulations on yet another promotion - Never seen a story be so successful in soaring up the Leagues!

If you can pull off a promotion to the Premier League on that budget at the first time of asking they need to immortalise a statue of you outside that new Stadium immediately!
Cheers. I'm sure @Hampus Silverholt had similar success 2 years ago when rising up the leagues. I've been lucky with being able to develop young players that we've picked up on free teenagers which has been key for us

Cheers. I'm sure @Hampus Silverholt had similar success 2 years ago when rising up the leagues. I've been lucky with being able to develop young players that we've picked up on free teenagers which has been key for us

Think I spent about 4-5 seasons in the Championship with Altrincham after all the promotions though! Will be interesting to see how quickly you can get promoted to the Prem, always find it so tough with the number of competitive teams in the league.

Think I spent about 4-5 seasons in the Championship with Altrincham after all the promotions though! Will be interesting to see how quickly you can get promoted to the Prem, always find it so tough with the number of competitive teams in the league.
Yeah this is the first season I'm expecting a proper challenge to trying to get up

Season 5

Transfers Out

QmYhfm3.png

Well we have had to sell so we can improve the squad and Fagon-Walcott was the one to go as he went to Derby and freed up £2.7m for transfers. We also let Bobby Duncan leave for £375,000 as he put in a transfer request meaning we now have over £3m for transfers.

Transfers In

NykgZKW.png

Well we've gone out and broken out transfer record again with Filip Jorgensen from Villareal for £300,000. We did our usual and signed a lot of free transfer which I'm really happy with who we've managed to sign as even though they are young they should all develop and added a lot of depth to the squad along with going into our newly founded U23 squad. Bradley Fink comes back to the team on a permanent basis this time and he will be great up front and now worth nearly £10m so if the worst happens we'll make a tidy profit.

The one player I'm really excited about though is Acoran Prieto who we signed for £115,000 from Tenerife but have had to send straight back out on loan to as he didn't get a WP but he looks like he could be a world beater in the future and hopefully he can get a WP while at Bologna.

PFdo9sK.png

Preseason

qAoymJV.png

We had a very quiet preseason as I was spending far more time than I would of liked signing players so hopefully it doesn't go against us when the season starts.

Expectations

78MHQdo.png

Our expectations are pretty simple don't get relegated and don't embarrass ourselves in the cup. (You can ignore the money as at the end of the window we only have £1.1m to spend and £5,000 free in wages)

The Start

rhcafT8.png

A nice busy start and there are a few games this month that will test us and set our expectations as well​

August

York City v Luton Town

SZDqMQ8.png

What a start to the season here as our new signings pay off immediately as we put in a strong performance against a team that has been mid-table the last couple of seasons.

Caraboa Cup 1st Round
York City v Sunderland

gvrhQ7w.png

Fink picks up where he left off the last time he was at the club with an excellent brace as we thrash Sunderland to move into the 2nd round.

Norwich v York City

HfZMnRM.png

Our first real test this season as Norwich are still a yoyo team but we put in a great performance even if it was a worry after our own goal but Fink saves the day.

York City v Barnsley

T06BT4e.png

Fink is on fire just now and long may it continue as he could be the difference this year. Our new keeper Filip Jorgensen has been a rock between the sticks as well.

Caraboa Cup 2nd Round
York City v Newcastle

mvELFNo.png

We don't get a run in the cup this time as Newcastle were just far too strong for us but we can now concentrate on the league.

Fulham v York City

smy9RjA.png

This would of been a great win if we could of held on but sadly we threw away a 2 goal lead but it does show we can cause some upsets away from home.

League

3lvB4Mg.png

Top of the league on goal difference but lets not get carried away as we're only 4 games in.

September

a9R1yx3.png

5 games against decent teams and Huddersfield have even spent £15m on being promoted so they are all going to be tough games​

September

Sheffield Wednesday v York City

3P9KmD0.png

A pretty boring game when neither team could take their chances but we should really have won after having 9 shots on target compared to their 1.

York City v Ipswich Town

sOeG8WX.png

Our first win in 3 games so its nice to bounce back and its John-Jules who scores two great goals from the right wing now that Fink has pushed him out wide.

York City v Blackburn Rovers

rZVSY91.png

A nervy 2nd half as Blackburn scored right at half time but thankfully couldn't take the momentum into the 2nd half and we held on/

Huddersfield v York City

EnsZrRz.png

Our title challengers from last season put us to the sword here and the gulf in class showed after their spending spree in the summer.

Sheffield United v York City

4Xv47hV.png

We bounce back straight away as Fink scored an excellent hat-trick with an excellent double right before half time to set us on our way.

League

YbRMYli.png

We drop down to third but the fact we're there after 9 games is great and I would happily take a play off spot come the end of the season.

Youth Facilities

ZUcGVcZ.png

The board have kindly decided to invest in our youth facilities again as we forever hold out of brining through a player that will change the world of football for York City fans.

Staff

We made what I like to think quite a big addition to our staff as we bring in a new Head of Youth Development poached from MK Dons in the form of Jon Goodman who can hopefully help bring through a special player

A0bSMkL.png

October

hnCED2C.png

A nice quiet month for us as we now have a lot less games compared to last season and the players get a lot more rest​

October

York City v Nottingham Forest

soqkbEn.png

The score line makes it look like we struggled here but it was a comfortable win

York City v Bristol City

PK8fzBm.png

This was a poor game we had 23 shots with only 5 on target and weren't able to take our chances.

Birmingham v York City

3bYa1HY.png

Back with a win thanks to Fink getting a good lead before we secure the game with the 2nd goal with the final kick of the game.

Millwall v York City

vfBOGOT.png

We had to fight back from going behind just before half time but we manage to turn it around and even manage to keep the lead after going down to 10 men as well.

League

AZUAP0S.png

We've made it back up to 2nd now and only a point off of top and have a 4 point gap over 3rd.

November

ApeuLNR.png

Our busiest month yet and with that comes some very big games that will properly challenge us​

November

York City v Sunderland

To1ZoRI.png

A much more difficult game here than the one at the start of the season in the cup and I was disappointed to concede with the final kick of the ball.

York City v West Brom

qL3i5Cg.png

West Brom have fallen down to a mid-table team and now they certainly looked like that as we played them as we managed 2 goals from set pieces.

Swansea v York City

bEDCx8U.png

A very quick sending off turned the game on its head and it should have been a lot worse if it wasn't for our keeper getting man of the match.

Bournemouth v York City

q2X0IVz.png

There is a reason Bournemouth are top of the league and they show their class here as we just couldn't get into the game here at all.

York City v QPR

NTwP6IA.png

We stem the flow of 2 defeats here with a huge win here thanks to 3 doubles as we show we don't miss Fink while he's suspended

York City v Crystal Palace

M5OEuX6.png

To be fair this loss was expected as Crystal Palace still have a Premier League team with players like Dele Alli, Zaha, Oliver Skipp, Lewis Cook and Demarai Gray so to only lose 1-0 here is a positive in my eyes

League

S3SU4CH.png

Somehow after 3 loses this month we've gone back to top of the table as we close in on the half way mark so I feel a play off spot has to be our minimum target now

December

L97Pyia.png

Hopefully an easier month this time as there are no stand out games I'm too worried about​

December

Charlton v York City

Nqm8Woo.png

Nothing like leaving it late as not only do we leave it to the final 17 minutes to get the equaliser Fink pops up in the box to score with the final kick of the ball to get the 3 points.

York City v Stoke

pI6Ax4z.png

This was disappointing as I feel we should of done better here and sadly the sending off is too late to blame and we just didn't turn up and beaten by the better team.

Reading v York City

5VcM10C.png

We scrape a win thanks to an early goal and were then able to thankfully hold on for the next 78 minutes.

Middlesbrough v York City

xjcrCKI.png

A cheap penalty gave them the lead an then they solidified it at the end with their 2nd sadly as we fall to another defeat

York City v Charlton

dJT6aMa.png

Our 2nd game against them this month and sadly we couldn't get a 2nd win over them.

York City v Sheffield United

ZWb3HDX.png

Finally a performance we can be happy with as Maddox puts in an MOTM performance from AM and gets a goal either side of half time to get us back on track going into the new year.

League

7ysHw8Q.png

Still only a point off top so managing to hang in there but there is only 10 points between us and 9th so anything could happen

Youth Preview

ufHB1kp.png

The promise of an excellent intake, we are still waiting for somebody who could make the first team one day so hopefully this will be the one.

January

mNFNhSI.png

A nice quiet month to break us into the new year which will let us trim the squad and then see who we can find to help us on our way to the Premiership​

January

Transfers Out

We had a number of players who's contracts were expiring at the end of the season and they were wanting a daft amount in wages I so decided it was time to let them go and we managed to raise a good bit of cash from them all and it also helped massively reduce the size of the squad as well.

PikXXWL.png

Transfers In

I have invested the cash we have made and hope it pays off as Morgan Rogers becomes our record signing and will be taking over down the LW.

45tREcu.png

Edson Bermudez is a player who I agreed to sign a season and a half ago but had to wait until he turned 18 but he looks like he could be an important player for us over the next few seasons. He's even managed to gain 4 caps for Peru and will hopefully gain many more.

acFwvy2.png

We have also brought in Alex Pitt to replace Matt Smith leaving and hopefully we can properly replace Smith in the summer.

LMavjNI.png

Nottingham Forest v York City

BSACqgq.png

We did incredibly well to fight back from 2-1 down here once we went down to 10 men to get a very important point.

FA Cup 3rd Round
Salford v York City

KcFr4Ux.png

What a debut by Morgan Rogers as he gets an excellent hat-trick to see us into the 4th round.

York City v Birmingham

B36bzL1.png

A goal either side of half time is all we needed to get the job done here and get a great 3 points.

Bristol City v York City

3ej3d0l.png

A tale of two half's here and what a first half for the fans that came to watch the game with all 6 goals. Its a shame the 2nd half didn't live up to expectations as not much happened after the restart.

York City v Millwall

vHMPgy8.png

A boring draw to drop more points this month.

League

9LEijAw.png

A big gap between us and 1st place now, it also doesn't help that 6th spot is also only 5 points behind me

February

aBnG0Nd.png

A huge FA cup game where we should earn us a fortune and then a lot of tough games for us this month as well

February

FA Cup 4th Round
Liverpool v York City

ABj0Q15.png

Well we got the expected result here but it was a decent pay day for us and thats all it was going to be

York City v Fulham

9weKXzf.png

Max Robson had been out of the team for the last wee bit due to Pitt coming in but this game I pushed him into the AMC role and it paid off as he got an excellent brace to get us a big win.

Ipswich v York City

4nLxDKc.png

What a game, it looked like it could be anybody's at have time and I thought it was over when we went 3-1 down with 20 minutes to go but Fink was the hero with 2 very late goals to salvage a point.

Blackburn v York City

sScojrb.png

We seem to like to coming from behind just now as we do it again here with Fink being the hero with the winning goal.

York City v Huddersfield

97HZ8L3.png

We were out for revenge here after losing the last game against them in the league and it was an attacking masterpiece from our defenders as all 4 goals come from set pieces.

West Brom v York City

mc3RCf3.png

A disappointing loss here especially since we were the ones to concede late on here.

League

TIkWd6j.png

We are still 10 points off of top and a 7 point lead over 6th but I feel we should be going up this season to continue our amazing climb up the leagues.

March

N2hkAPb.png

4 games for a nice quick month with the Bournemouth game being key for us.​

March

York City v Swansea

EcI6yE0.png

The sending off after our equalizer put us on the backfoot here but John-Jules was able to out run the defenders and then round the keeper to get the winner.

York City v Bournemouth

nji1Y3Y.png

Well I didn't expect this result at all but Bournemouth were really poor here and we ran riot here and got a very important 3 points to close the gap.

QPR v York City

VQnBOaP.png

Fink has certainly found his scoring boots again as he's now 4 goals in 2 games

York City v Norwich

5InANwu.png

A poor result after our current run of form but its still a big point against one of the leagues stronger teams.

League

hyQjOuh.png

We've closed the gap to 7 points now. With only 7 games to go then we must be due at least a play off spot soon

Youth Intake

hFlGnI0.png

Well it looks like we finally have a player who might make it into the first team one day and that players is Andy Hartley

k6Efdbt.png

April

6DDstlN.png

No major teams to play this month so bar anything going horribly wrong then we should get promoted​

Crazy achievement if you do go up first time of asking in the Championship, and that player in the youth intake looks like a potential England player in the future!

Crazy achievement if you do go up first time of asking in the Championship, and that player in the youth intake looks like a potential England player in the future!
yeah its been a mental 5 season so far but just shows what can be done when signing you unknown players and focusing on development

April

Luton Town v York City

O3rh0OR.png

A **** of a game for us here as we never really managed to pull away from them until the 81st minute but what a game for the fans.

York City v Sheffield Wednesday

OON2Czt.png

A goal in the first minute you know its going to be a good game but its a shame they pulled it back before then getting the winning 2 goals and finishing the game in style with getting the final goal in the final minute of the game.

Barnsley v York City

U9vD0rR.png

It took 2 penalties and a goal from Knight but we managed to continue our form and get the 3 points

Stoke v York City

yyREjFU.png

Leko to the rescue again here with 2 great goals. He's been a real servant to the club over the last 3 seasons and has made it onto the favoured personnel list of the club

York City v Reading

qLWeOjn.png

We went into the game knowing a win would seal promotion to the Premier League and we do just enough to get it thanks to a Fink goal. It will be interesting to see how he does next season.

League

uDC7ldh.png

Well we will be playing in the Premier League next season where I expect it to be a proper challenge for us to stay up. We have also leapfrogged Bournemouth as well thanks to a terrible month for them

Budgets

pKAJMDb.png

Not the worse budgets for going up but we will need to be smart and half to sell as we need to seriously up the quality in the squad.

May

knnJlJr.png

2 games to win the title. Can we win it after sitting in 2nd for so long?

May

Crystal Palace v York City

0s08G9A.png

Crystal Palace have under preformed all season as they occupy the final play off spot and John-Jules comes off the bench to find the sole goal of the game.

York City v Middlesbrough

vf6Egkw.png

We had to go all out here to win the title and we managed to again scrape a 1-0 win which was just what we needed thanks to Bournemouth losing their final game to seal a 5th title in a row.

League

YLTvyNj.png

Well we will be going up as Champions which can hopefully help us attract some better players

New Stadium

6vgqQsu.png

Well our new Staduim has been announced and will be ready at the end of the season. This season we will be playing at the MKM Stadium so hopefully get some decent income out of a 25,586 seater stadium for our Premier League football.​

Incredible achievement mate! Looking forward to seeing who you bring in for life in the Prem.

Unbelievable achievement!

I'm going to be rather disappointed if I don't see you win the Premier League next season ;)