A Thorn in the Side - A York City Story

Season 6

Transfers Out

xr1mXWS.png

We have a **** of a clear out here to raise some cash for new players and we ship out 13 players on permanent transfers with the biggest being Shea Kemp moving to Leeds for £10m which is amazing considering we signed him for £5,000 a season and a half ago and were happy with the profit. We also said goodbye to a number of players who have been loyal players over the last few seasons like Leko, Osho and Magloire.

Transfers In

t5mkc3A.png

With getting our budget we moved quickly to bring in some quality players and we did just that in in moving for two CM's who have come through the Hibernian youth academy with the first one being in Alex Woodcock.

t5mkc3A.png

Woodcock is a central midfielder who looks like could do great things with his future and already has 6 caps for Scotland at only 18.

Next in from Hibernian is Ewan Aiton who has played alongside Woodcock all of last season and will continue that partnership but this time stepping up to the Premier League.

6yOSQdx.png

Again at only 18 he has got 25 under 21 caps for Scotland and he surely can't be too far away from getting a full cap either.

The final newgen I've signed is Stelian Izvoranu from FCSB for a bargain price and I feel can become a great player or at least make us a fortune.

1GreDdM.png

A bit older at 20 and already capped by Romania along with 31 under 21 caps as well.

As you may notice we also made a couple of big name signings which I was surprised to pull off like Fabio Silva from Wolves and Rayan Cherki from Lyon who will hopefully be big players for us.

Preseason

Compared to last season we had a huge one taking in no less than 11 friendlies to make sure our players were raring to go along with making sure all our new signings gelled.

OSsS7Fx.png

They did just that with us going unbeaten and only drawing 2 games along with winning against the likes of Boca, River Plate and Newcastle.

Expectations

OH2UZON.png

Well not much is expected of us this season which is good and we even have a bit of cash left over as well if we need it.

August

Xv54y6r.png

Nothing quite like a baptism of fire here as we start with a Yorkshire derby before facing Chelsea. Another Yorkshire derby in the cup quickly follows which won't be too fun again.​

August

Leeds United v York City

cadCuto.png

Sadly not the dream start to our season but a draw in the Yorkshire derby was still very respectable for us.

York City v Chelsea

4zizwIf.png

Well this was very unexpected but what an end to the first half for us as our 3 new signings make an instant impact in just their 2nd game.

Caraboa Cup 2nd Round
York City v Leeds United

ZPG3UsW.png

This was a bit disappointing after we'd manage to fight back from 2-0 down but to get it to penalties was good but it was sore to lose it.

West Ham v York City

WZGLUl5.png

We raced to a very early lead and then threw it all away by the end of the first half. This shows this could be a long season for us.

League

hx8oYcn.png

Top half of the table after 3 games. Lets hope we can keep it up

September

pT3Sp7U.png

A nice quiet month with 3 games where we can hope for some results​

September

York City v Bournemouth

TaNDaSj.png

Its games like this we really need to win this season and our two strikers get a goal each for a good win/

Burnley v York City

SpxboHb.png

A poor result here, I was expecting to put up a challenge against teams like Burnley but they sadly put us in our place here.

York City v Brighton

rEgWf8o.png

A second sending off it two games and this one really cost us as we just couldn't get the ball after that and Brighton punished us.

League

sQcloju.png

We've dropped down a spot in the league but still very respectable so far.

Facilities

MbLNCWR.png

We're investing again in our youth facilities as we look to get a regular conveyor belt of talent coming through

October

g71EAyI.png

Jesus this is going to be a horrendous month​

October

York City v Everton

ZmvwUow.png

A late goal gives us a very unlikely point which we're more than happy with here

Liverpool v York City

IsDgNin.png

Not the best of first half's here but at least we drew the 2nd half (got to take the positives out of the heavy loss)

York City v Manchester City

T8S64ZB.png

Again another expected result here and again at least we scored a goal.

Manchester United v York City

cCDCGHc.png

Not a bad loss here as the beat Bournemouth 7-0 earlier on in the season

League

D2KVbMc.png

After a tough set of games we now find ourselves 1 point above the relegation zone but thats 4 of the big teams out the way so hopefully can pick up some points soon

November

caDGWCI.png

After this thats the top 6 teams out the way but hopefully can at least get a point against Nottingham Forest.​

November

York City v Tottenham

hSwGLW2.png

A boring game by Spurs standards but we were very happy with our performance as we somehow get a point

York City v Nottingham Forest

q9odNiQ.png

Our first win since the start of September(8 games) hopefully this can help turn our fortunes around going forward.

Arsenal v York City

Yoyv9SQ.png

Well we certainly have learnt our level at the moment as we're well beaten by Arsenal

League

vqibV9J.png

Still just 1 point above the relegation zone but I have faith now most of the big teams are out the way

December

ayHxT5H.png

A good run of games this month and hopefully we can pick up some points.​

December

Brentford v York City

lWvz8Oj.png

What a game as we get a convincing win here as we pick up a 2nd win in 3 games.

York City v Aston Villa

oHJkXrr.png

What a game for the fans as we had to come from behind twice to eventually take the lead and then end up drawing the game.

Southampton v York City

YiZtbUB.png

We did so well to get it back to 3-3 with 20 minutes to go but our players were knackered after that and sadly conceded a poor goal thanks to tiredness.

Newcastle v York City

zeEq8JT.png

What a win against the moneybags as we bounce straight back with a huge 3 points.

York City v Leicester

qstW6Vz.png

Our first back to back win in the league as we seem to have turned the corner.

York City v Watford

JqciMXc.png

Silva gets his first hat-trick for us and then the sending off happened and I thought Watford were going to pull it back and then we got the all important 4th goal.

York City v Leeds United

maB7XAd.png

Sadly Leeds were just far too strong for us and we lose the Yorkshire derby

League

ihjTENP.png

We've certainly turned it around now as we open a 6 point gap over the relegation zone.

January

hPVfgqA.png

A nice set of games as Chelsea is the hardest game of the month and we have a nice easy draw in the FA Cup as well

January

Transfers Out

46ne4AF.png

There's been a fair bit of movement this month with people leaving. Fink was the biggest mover though as he threw his toys out the pram as I wasn't willing to pay him the £45,000 a week he was wanting but we make a huge profit on the player who we only signed for £99,000.

Transfers In

JlMZMIQ.png

With players leaving then we had to sign some new players to help move the team forward and with that we signed Navarro for the right win but then had to loan him straight out as he doesn't have a wp yet.

NUSlIbL.png

We then really needed a new right back to come in permanently and my scouts had suggested a young player from Sunderland and I feel he could be a future England international and a steal at just under £13million. Foster has a bright future

NrjnYoW.png

Next with Navarro not getting a wp then we had to go back out and get a RW and Villagra should earn us a small fortune after a season or two hopefully

l1E6wwe.png

The other main player that we signed was Joe Gelhardt who will fight it out with Silva for the striker position.

York City v West Ham

um0azKo.png

What a start to the new year as we continue our run of form and keep moving on up the table.

FA Cup 3rd Round
Luton Town v York City

oHY2Slh.png

We rotated the squad here where we could to give players a run out to show what they could do and was great to see Villagra get a debut goal.

Chelsea v York City

wJSnKqN.png

Sadly we couldn't get the double over Chelsea as we struggled to get back into the game after their early goal.

Brighton v York City

cUWfUch.png

It looked like for most of the match that there would just be the single goal but thankfully after they equalized Dunk made a harsh challenge and we were able to score the penalty for a late winner

Bournemouth v York City

GPdUrJG.png

A very convincing win here and these are the wins that will definitely keep us out of the relegation fight this season.

York City v Burnley

WEP40p8.png

A good game here and probably a fair result as both of us took our chances and played some entertaining football.

League

x6ldq0S.png

Our recent form has seen us enter the top half of the table again but we are still only 13 points above the relegation zone so its still a possibility.

February

yHLFoDL.png

The reverse month from earlier in the season as we have 3 horrible games in a row but my concentration will be on the FA Cup this month as realistically is our best chance for a win this month.​

February

FA Cup 4th Round
York City v Sheffield United

zR39YIN.png

Silva showing what he is capable of at times scoring a hat-trick to send us into the 5th round

Everton v York City

ipsLqZB.png

A very respectable draw here as Everton sit in the European places/

York City v Liverpool

efsCOZ3.png

A disappointing result here as I thought we could of done better at home

York City v Manchester United

kljsI8J.png

Again I was hoping to do better at home but we are way behind United standards

Manchester City v York City

VPTNY91.png

Another expected result as we have a lot of catching up to do in squad strength

League

5cFsWYj.png

We've fallen down to 10th but still have a 12 point lead over the relegation zone

March

6pNVTXA.png

A nice quiet month thanks to internationals but the FA Cup will be the main focus again

Youth Facilities

Ne1I2mO.png

We splash more cash on improving the youth facilities which is something I want to concentrate on​

March

FA Cup 5th Round
York City v Hull City

YxhpX8n.png

We were able to rotate the squad a bit here but it was Silva who put in a MOTM performance as we progress to the quarter finals.

Tottenham v York City

6b7HEso.png

Dane Scarlett tore us to pieces here as our defence couldn't cope with him and he punished us for it.

FA Cup Quarter Final
York City v Leeds United

82l6aBl.png

We went into this game thinking that we could actually win this but their superior fitness was enough to get them the win in extra time.

League

0Aq5t3b.png

With only one league game this month not much has changed and we still sit 12th

Youth Intake

A rather poor intake as not much to shout about here

QksuOwY.png

April

eh7tWGe.png

A few big games coming up this month for us where we should be picking up points.​

April

Nottingham Forest v York City

RE2J7SS.png

Was a lot more difficult than it looks as Nottingham Forest did their best to keep us out before finally getting the 2nd goal right at the death

York City v Arsenal

e825adI.png

Sadly an expected result against one of the bigger teams in the league.

York City v Brentford

db80VQq.png

A much better game for getting the confidence back after the Arsenal defeat as we get a routine win.

Aston Villa v York City

qgoc7HH.png

Our last game against Villa was a 6 game thriller that ended 3-3 and this game didn't disappoint either as we hammer them this time to show we might just be able to make that step up to the top half of the league

York City v Southampton

xVcSKY3.png

Brought straight back down with a bang here as we lose to a team below us in the league.

League

UKoNhMF.png

Premier League football is now ensured for next season so we can finally start planning.

May

YGm5s6s.png

Just the 3 games left to see out the season​

Amazing first season in the Prem all things considering, not going to be long before you're playing in Europe!

May

Leicester v York City

z3HEYyI.png

A poor result in my eyes as we were good enough for a draw bar the poor tackle for the penalty

Watford v York City

cgi0MXz.png

It was a nervy final 10 minutes as Watford pushed for a second but we caught them on the break to get the goal with the final kick of the ball.

York City v Newcastle United

j9jxyxb.png

A great way to end the season as we raced to a very early lead and then put in a strong display in the 2nd half.

League

EXR0J6w.png

Well our final 2 results mean that we finish in the top 10 which is well above expectations for the season.

Budgets

8gYylkD.png

A decent transfer budget for next season and our wage budget has an extra £300,000 so we can afford some decent wages as well to compete for better players​

Season 7

Transfers Out

Its safe to say we've had a bit of a clear out with 14 players leaving the club on permanent transfers even if some of them were bit time players we made just shy of £83million

5R6nnKR.png

The big players leaving the club were Fabio Silva who threw his toys out the pram when we rejected an earlier bit along with Candelaria who joined Dortmund on Dortmund on deadline day but it was a deal I couldn't turn down as we only paid £1.2million for him 3 seasons ago so its a huge profit for us.

Transfers In

With the amount of players leaving then it was important to sing the right calibre of players so that we can move forward and keep improving. We bring in a total of 10 players to try and keep some budget for January.

mq1viHO.png

Our first two players in are Ethan Laird and James Garner for a bit of experience and then it all gets pretty youthful as the rest are regens.

First is Claudemesio who looks like he could be a top class defender even if he is only 5"10

Pp50o5X.png

Next its Koen Drenth who is a replacement for Fabio Silva and hopefully be the next bit Dutch Striker

L8F8du6.png

Medina is a young Uruguayan winger who at 20 already has 3 international caps and could be a bargain at £3.7million

e6VdYez.png

Murlat Arslan

Another 20 year old this time from Turkey as he will be the back up LB while getting games in the cups before stepping up hopefully.

Hnsk9qs.png

Liam Clayton

I wanted another option in midfield for added depth and after 3 seasons on being out on loan in the Championship I'm hoping he can step up now

4axig5Q.png

Elijah Smith

We spend a small fortune and break our transfer record on Elijah Smith from Fulham and even though he will be 2nd choice but its great to have somebody of his quality at the club and he will be the cup keeper.

lLmnV2T.png

Joao Vitor

Finally we needed another right winger who again will be the cup winger for us while he develops

2p89RS9.png

Preseason

bu1JaN4.png

No real challenges over preseason but we stayed away from big teams this time after our trip to China.

Expectations

TOxLJU5.png

We are only expected to avoid relegation but I feel we should be looking at midtable minimum and we will take the cups as they come as it all depends on the draw.

August

jBLasxR.png

A nice couple of games to break us in before Arsenal at the end of the month.​

Last edited:
Think your new regen Liam Clayton is named after a friend of mine! Got a couple of pals who work for SI sneaking in mutual friends' names so wouldn't surprise me, hahaha

Think your new regen Liam Clayton is named after a friend of mine! Got a couple of pals who work for SI sneaking in mutual friends' names so wouldn't surprise me, hahaha

Yeah heard of this happening before. Guess they’ve got to get names from somewhere

August

York City v Burnley

Q7rAKEY.png

What a start to the season as we smash Burnley and Villagra could be key off the RW this season as he bags 4 goals. It was also a great debut for Drenth with 2 goals before half time

Everton v York City

54F3UqP.png

Our second 7-0 win in a row and what are the chances of that happening and Villagra and Drenth with a hat-trick each so its going to be key keeping them fit for the season as it seems we'll miss them if they get injured.

Caraboa Cup 2nd Round
York City v Preston

xWN3ARN.png

We rotate the majority of the squad her for this game and it pays off as we progress to the next round

York City v Arsenal

ANIJMjs.png

Probably a fair result here as both of us really left pretty late before making our moves so I'm happy here with a point.

League

9fY1aqn.png

We sit 2nd in the league after 3 games and have a huge goal difference but still 35 games to go.

September

2HfHeIL.png

Manchester City being the first game but the cup will be the priority as I want to win something now we're in the Premier League​

September

Man City v York City

llkMvGW.png

Nothing like City to bring you back down with a bang but to be honest I'm quite happy with this result as we were 2 down in 14 minutes and got it back to 2-2 and lost to a late goal as we were gubbed from getting it back to 2-2.

Wolves v York City

0dKE28X.png

And we're back straight away as we put in an excellent 2nd half performance to win 3-0 where 2 of the goals came from set pieces.

Caraboa Cup 3rd Round
Sunderland v York City

AWPH6NT.png

We were able to rotate all 11 players here and Gelhardt showing what he can do with a great hat-trick to see us into the 4th round.

York City v Southampton

TUebU6l.png

We only won this game thanks to VAR as both teams had 2 goals chopped off by VAR so it could of been a very different result.

League

s2qWWd4.png

We're down to 4th but we just want a European spot come the end of the season and I don't really care what competition its in.

October

vyt5sFa.png

Another month of 3 away games and one home and sadly it looks like our cup run could be coming to an end as we have a horrible record against City​

October

West Ham v York City

omC74AY.png

Villagra is quickly proving himself to be an impressive player and showing that he should be due an international call up soon if he can keep doing it for us.

York City v Norwich

8NWXECC.png

Villagra with a 2nd hat-trick in a row as we demolish Norwich to keep our impressive form on the go.

Aston Villa v York City

bRYVQQX.png

Our first defeat of the season as we were 2nd best here as our defence was poor and the cost of the 2 goals.

Caraboa Cup 4th Round
Man City v York City

3b9aX4Y.png

We came so close to finally beating City even if it took penalties but we fall at that hurdle and go out of the cup.

League

s6x9JWm.png

We're still sitting in the European spaces after 9 games and already looks like we won't be in the relegation fight this season.

November

icmMAbH.png

The first Yorkshire derby of the season to look forward to before games against Liverpool and surprise leaders Tottenham​

November

York City v Newcastle

Wvnzqj9.png

A strong result against Newcastle after a couple of losses to get back on track

Leeds United v York City

MjUcGEa.png

Our winless run against Leeds continues as we're now at 3 draws and 3 losses in the derby.

York City v Liverpool

23guq3L.png

Liverpool have been really poor this season and we take full advantage of them here to record a huge win

Tottenham v York City

j9oxohx.png

A horrible final 20 minutes to the game here as the discipline goes out the window goes out the window and luckily we hold on for the draw with 9 players.

League

SsSIAdG.png

We are somehow only 2 points behind the leaders here and sit in 4th as its all pretty close for the top 9 teams

December

DNDcD7Z.png

Its going to be a busy month with a few big games for us​