Reaction score
First of all i haven't stopped my manchester city story i just have been busy with college & the weathers been pretty good so im not in much but i will continue it in the next few days as im off college untill monday now.

I suddenly took the notion to try this earlier, im going to go south africa and attempt the unthinkable and win the world cup.. the reason why i picked south africa is they have already got in to the world cup so i have time to play friendly matchs and find uncapped south african stars and it seems like a good enough challenge. Since there wont be a game every week i wont be doing monthly updated unlike my City Story. I will be doing an update after ever game with screenshots included with my oppinions of player performances and headlines about the sqaud for ect. uncapped players been brough into the squad or players been dropped.

Game Details:

Database : 10.3

Leagues Selected : Scottish Premier, Scottish First Division, Scottish Second Division, Scottish Third Division, English Premier & Both South African Leagues.

Database Size : Custom - Large With All South African Players Added.

Start Date : July 2009

Up & Coming Fixtures:

View attachment 71428

A Good Set Of Friendlys Coming Up, Will Give Most Players A Run Out Possibly Bring Some Players Into The Sqaud Aswell. I Will Try To Be Adding Friendlys To The List During Internation Breaks During The Club Football League Season Which Could Be Quite Difficult.

Key Players:

Aaron Mokoena

View attachment 71435

Aaron Mokoena is the national team captain and will remain to be while im in charge as he is such an influential player and he is also the highest capped player in the squad. Aaron is also quite a versatile player who can play in the heart of midfield or defence.

Steven Pienaar

View attachment 71438

Steven Pienaar is a quality player and has proved that over the last couple seasons playing for everton in one of the best leagues in the world. He is a extremely versatile player who can play in almost every position in the oppostions half with confidence. I beleve he will be a key player in the world cup if he stays injury free.

Benni McCarthy

View attachment 71436

Benni McCarthy is such an experienced striker who has scored bags of goals for lots of big named clubs such as Porto & Blackburn Rovers. Benni is currently injured just now but should be back for the first of these friendlys organised.

Bernard Parker

View attachment 71437

Bernand Parker is a quality young player who can play of the left of midfield and can even be put up front if nessacary. Im a big fan of Bernards as i believe he can become such an influential player for South Africa in the World Cup and also become national captain in the future.

World Cup Rankings Announced!

View attachment 71461

I believe i have the abilty to boost South Africas world ranking alot higher than 74th. If we work together and get some good results i hope this can and will happen.

International Friendlys Announced!

View attachment 71471

Me and the South African FA were hoping to lure a couple of the top international teams for a friendly but they were not available on the dates that we are. Though we did manage to organise a friendly with Chile in South America on the 3.3.2010. Also after a request from me the South African FA agreed to a game against my home nation Scotland in South Africa on the 5.6.2010 just days before the World Cup begins.

South Africa Boss Has Selection Head Ache For Up & Coming Friendly With Serbia!

West Ham United striker Benni McCarthy may miss the friendly with serbia this week as he has just started training again after recieving treatment on a damaged foot which he was out for 4 weeks with. It is for definite that Sivasspor's on loan midfielder from Blackburn Elrio Van Heerden will miss this friendly after tearing his calf muscle in a europa league game during the week and it is confirmed that he will be out for about 4-5 months.

I can confirm the sqaud for the up & coming friendly after great consideration.

Goalkeepers: Rowen Fernandez, Itumeleng Khune, Moeneeb Josephs.

Defenders:
Timmy Tau, Peter Masilela, Nasief Morris, Matthew Booth, Anele, Bongani Khumalo, Siboniso Gaxa, Bevan Fransman.

Midfielders: Bennet Chenene, Bryce Moon, Kagiso Dikgacoi, Aaron Mokoena, Teko Modise, Keaghan Jacobs, Michael Modubi, Clifford Ngobeni, Macbeth Sibaya, Steven Piernaar.

Attackers: Bernard Parker, Katlego Mphela, Lerato Chabangu, Benni McCarthy, Sibusiso Zuma.

Although The South Africa FA are suprised at my decision to include Keaghan Jacobs in my next sqaud i have informed them that i have watched him play for Scottish Third Division side Livingston FC and i believe he has great ability. Also Ajax CT Midfielder Clifford Ngobeni & Westerlos Michael Modubi are also in line to make their internation debuts.

Double Injury Blow For South Africa!

Centre Back Matthew Booth & Right Back Timmy Tau will now miss the friendly with Serbia after suffering injuires playing for their clubs. Booth who has sparined his ankle is expected to be out for 4 weeks while Tau is expected to be out for upto 2 weeks with a groin sprain.

View attachment 71513

View attachment 71514

21 year old Tumelo Nhlapo & 16 year old Bennet Ngcobo have been brough into the squad. Both players are uncapped and are expected to get a run out.

michael modubi..! former chelsea lad. get in
good story.
how is masilela not a key player?! goes to real madrid on my games, he's awesome.

looks good I will follow the under dog story!

cheerz mate ill try and make it as good as i can :) this story will probably last a while as ive to get through a whole year even before the world cup starts.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

michael modubi..! former chelsea lad. get in
good story.
how is masilela not a key player?! goes to real madrid on my games, he's awesome.

he is a goood player but the players i listed are the more key figures of my sqaud at the moment. that could all change before the world cup starts :) youll have to follow my story and find out.

you've got good players in your team tbf, but then so do all the other players at the world cup ha.. so it will be a very good test of your credentials. I'll have my fingers crossed for the world cup draw (yn)
and yer mate I'm definitely following. you can count on my support!

interesting. should be a tough game...
no dikgacoi in starting lineup?

Match Report:

View attachment 71559

View attachment 71560

View attachment 71561

View attachment 71562

What a tremendous victory for the lads, great first half performance we got the early goals which helped with the lads confidence but the performance did drop slightly after that and the begining of the second half was pretty poor but the performance picked up neae the end and could have scored a couple more goals. A couple of the players that stood out for me was Bernard Parker, Peter Masilela and Moeneeb Joesephs who were outstanding today, i can also confirm that Bernard picked up a knock in the first half and that was the reason for him coming off but with pienaar been taken off he has already shown that he has quality and i though someone else could show me what he can do.

matteee what a superb start! hopefully you can kick on from here!!

New South Africa International Speaks To Press!

View attachment 71569

Lucky enough South Africa coach was on hand to comment.

" I believe Keaghan played decent, he is still young and learning at his age. The other 4 players who made their international debuts did a good job too, and if they all keep up their good work at their clubs they may recieve another phonecall from me ".