Aberdeen Save 2022

November

Fixtures
fix.png

Two wins on either side of the international break. Rangers are an utter mess and somehow Gio Van Bronkhorst is still in a job after a year of abject failure.

SPL
SPL.png

The top two win both games while Hibs & St Mirren both drop points

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

We beat the weakest team in the competition LASK with our backups then get a spirited draw in Madrid

Scotland
SCO.png

We win our last 2 games including an impressive win against the Swiss to secure promotion to the A league next year.​

December

Fixtures
Fix.png

Our fantastic run comes to an end as Celtic thrash us at Parkhead. In an impossible month with 8 SPL games, we had stutters against both capital teams

SPL
SPL.png

We fall further away from Celtic who won all their league games and the League Cup in a glorious December. The only good thing to come from this month is the clear partner for Bavidge up front who i won't need to sell in the summer.

Champions League
CL.png

A come-from-behind win at Stamford Bridge puts us tied at the top.​

January

Fixtures
FIx.png

We come back from the break refreshed and firing on full power.

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic drew their game in hand so no changes at the top. Rangers look to have gotten their act together after a terrible 18 months

Champions League
CL1 first.png
CL1.png

We secured qualification against Sevilla and almost won the final game against Celta Vigo but for a last-gasp winner.

Table
CL table.png

Our best season so far. Juventus acting like its the 90s here the only side to beat us

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL Transfers.png

Rangers & Celtic have busy windows going either way

Aberdeen
SPL Transfers.png

We make no new signings just returning players from loans. A few players are sold to balance out the squad and appease those who want first-team football

In
IN 1.png
in 2.png

The returning loans

Out
3 Players are sold but only 1 of any serious impact. Denielco Elissetche played more games at right back than anyone else for the dons since he signed but with major depth in the position we allowed him to move on deadline day when Spurs met my £50m asking price. The only other player from the first team has been with me for over 10 years from the very start of the game. Alfie Stewart played fewer games every year to the point he only got off the bench once in the first 3 months of the year. He requested the move and i couldn't say no after his years of loyal service, and the week-to-week football will be great for Scotland. Alex is a success of the buy young, loan out, and sell for a profit after never pulling on the Dons shirt.

Stewart start.png
Stewart End.png

January

Fixtures
View attachment 628265

We come back from the break refreshed and firing on full power.

SPL
View attachment 628266

Celtic drew their game in hand so no changes at the top. Rangers look to have gotten their act together after a terrible 18 months

Champions League
View attachment 628267View attachment 628268

We secured qualification against Sevilla and almost won the final game against Celta Vigo but for a last-gasp winner.

Table
View attachment 628269

Our best season so far. Juventus acting like its the 90s here the only side to beat us

Transfer Window

SPL
View attachment 628270

Rangers & Celtic have busy windows going either way

Aberdeen
View attachment 628271

We make no new signings just returning players from loans. A few players are sold to balance out the squad and appease those who want first-team football

In
View attachment 628272View attachment 628273

The returning loans

Out
3 Players are sold but only 1 of any serious impact. Denielco Elissetche played more games at right back than anyone else for the dons since he signed but with major depth in the position we allowed him to move on deadline day when Spurs met my £50m asking price. The only other player from the first team has been with me for over 10 years from the very start of the game. Alfie Stewart played fewer games every year to the point he only got off the bench once in the first 3 months of the year. He requested the move and i couldn't say no after his years of loyal service, and the week-to-week football will be great for Scotland. Alex is a success of the buy young, loan out, and sell for a profit after never pulling on the Dons shirt.

View attachment 628274View attachment 628275
Look's like you have signed some good players

February

Fixtures
Fix.png

We kicked off the domestic month with a dull 0-0 draw with Hearts. The game was made worse by spending over 60 minutes with 10 men. After that we were beating St Johnstone in the league & cup then Caley 7-0. In the middle of all this we beat title rivals Celtic comfortably a team we'll need to get used to seeing in March.

SPL
SPL.png

We take a point out of Celtics lead while Hibs go back clear of Rangers in the race for 3rd.

Scottish Cup Draw
SCo cup draw.png

Champions League Draw

CL Draw.png

Not only are we fighting with Celtic for the league title but in 10 days in early March we'll decide our fate in the Scottish Cup & Champions League​

February

Fixtures
View attachment 628571

We kicked off the domestic month with a dull 0-0 draw with Hearts. The game was made worse by spending over 60 minutes with 10 men. After that we were beating St Johnstone in the league & cup then Caley 7-0. In the middle of all this we beat title rivals Celtic comfortably a team we'll need to get used to seeing in March.

SPL
View attachment 628572

We take a point out of Celtics lead while Hibs go back clear of Rangers in the race for 3rd.

Scottish Cup Draw
View attachment 628573

Champions League Draw
View attachment 628574

Not only are we fighting with Celtic for the league title but in 10 days in early March we'll decide our fate in the Scottish Cup & Champions League​
Haha I’ve never seen that before. Good luck 🤞

March

Fixtures
FIx.png

Two big wins in the league and we beat Celtic after extra time in the Scottish Cup

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic also win both their games and Ross Couty remain in freefall and will miss the top 6.

Champions League Last 16

1st Leg
Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
CL1.png

We almost made it to the end with a goalless draw despite almost the whole 2nd half with 10 men.

2nd leg
Aberdeen 0-0 Celtic
Celtic win 1-0 on Agg
CL2.png

How have we not scored in 180 minutes? This game alone out XG was 3.62 but no goals mean we go out to our biggest rivals at the earliest stage for 6 seasons

Scotland
We came within a few minutes of getting an undeserved point from the Germany game. My fault for spending too long thinking about the changes i would make. Easy win as expected against San Marino leaving us where you would expect to be after the first games.​

April

Fixtures
Fix.png

With Europe over for the year, we have full focus on the League and despite winning them all it was a stressful run-in every game. Against St Mirren, we had to go 60 minutes with 10 men but held out to win before two late goals to beat Rangers. Celtic away was our most convincing result of the month with goals right from kick-off and immediately to start the 2nd half but still Celtic pulled one back to make the last 10 minutes edgy. Hearts was a quiet 1-0 win from Bavidge a champions-style win.

SPL
SPL.png

The win at Celtic has us a point clear at the top. We both still have to play Rangers who look like finishing out of the top 3 for the 2nd season in a row.​

April

Fixtures
View attachment 629086

With Europe over for the year, we have full focus on the League and despite winning them all it was a stressful run-in every game. Against St Mirren, we had to go 60 minutes with 10 men but held out to win before two late goals to beat Rangers. Celtic away was our most convincing result of the month with goals right from kick-off and immediately to start the 2nd half but still Celtic pulled one back to make the last 10 minutes edgy. Hearts was a quiet 1-0 win from Bavidge a champions-style win.

SPL
View attachment 629087

The win at Celtic has us a point clear at the top. We both still have to play Rangers who look like finishing out of the top 3 for the 2nd season in a row.​
Good luck and let's hope you win this title

May
Simple ending here. Win all 3 games and we win the title. The added issue is that the final ever game at Pittodrie will be against Rangers and could decide the title

Fixtures
FIx.png

We do it! Champions again. Hibs and St Mirren hardly had a shot on goal never mind get a result. While we picked up 6 points Celtic were held at Hearts leaving us 3 points and 6 goals ahead. All we need to do is avoid losing our last-ever game at Pittodrie.

It was closer than i would have liked but we did it with a little help from VAR & of course Alfie Bavidge who bolted up at the end to win the golden boot

Rangers game.png

Final SPL table
SPL.png

Scottish Cup Final
Hearts 2-4 Aberdeen
Sco Cup Final.png

We had raced away with the game before getting a red card this time and could cruise to victory.

Also sorry about the slow updates. I am buried in work and online saves ATM​

End of Season 11

SPL - Winner
SPL final.png

After one of the tightest battles yet for the title we just outrun Celtic with a fantastic end of the season after they booted us out of the champions league. Hibs ended up getting 3rd easily leaving Rangers just ahead of Hearts while St Mirren sneaked past Ross County for 6th and the final European place. Inverness was clear and away in 8th while a level below Queens Park & Dundee were always safe from the drop since Livingston & St Johnstone were both awful with St Johnstone finishing bottom.

Playoffs
Livingston 1-6 Dundee Utd
SPL PLayoff.png

Our closest rivals make a return to the SPL in the most convincing manner.

Managers
Managers.png

Manager merry-go-round at the bottom.

In Europe
Celtic were the best European team this year knocking us out before taking our annual spot of losing in the quarter-finals
Ross County got to the last 16 of the Europa League.
Rangers got to the Europa League knockout phase
Hearts got to the Europa Conference League knockout phase
Hibs on the other hand didn't even get through the Conference qualifiers

Champions League Final
Juventus 1-2 PSG
CL Final.png

Mbappe still carrying this team a decade on.

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

Luiz Junior secured his spot as the main keeper. Liu Ming may have to remove his inner David De Gea if he will be a long-term answer for us. The signs were not there in season 1.

Defense
Squad DEF.png

As usual 3 of the back 4 is settled. Munro & Rodriguez took turns losing half a season through injury so neither secured the DL spot. Feustel, is a strong backup for every position and Ivan is still waiting for someone to move to give him a consistent spot.
player coming through the youth system and a poor rating for the year. Feustel the back up did ok when needed. Left-back is also in flux. I want Munro to be the starter and i want someone to put in a stupid bid for Rodriguez so Ivan can become a proper backup rather than a straggler in the squad.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Did we really play this many players in the midfield? Hubschman & Zahustel took over the middle and were amazing at 19. Bakardzhiev held off the competition from Diego Reyes likewise Mauricio Leon from Dimitar Petkov although that is a tighter contest. Castillo was the most solid backup while Sturm held off the Scots Gibson and Barron another victim of a multi-month injury and a request to leave. At 30 i don't think this will happen.

Attack
Squad ATT.png

Bavidge as usual led the way with youngster Diaz emerging as the most obvious partner. Hernan Ruiz did a solid job after his loan he & Soto looking to fight for the final spot up front with Ewing performing well and being Scottish.

Players for life
Here at Aberdeen, we love one of our own coming through and thriving. There are quite a few current Dons i hope to keep long-term so let's have a look at how the spine of our squad is doing in more depth after our first season.

Luiz Junior - GK
P427 CS181 R7.05
Star GK Luiz.png

Another threat this time from Liu Ming and the 4th serious keeper that has come up against Luiz and again the Brazilian come out on top.

Joaquin Obispo - DC
P172 G17 R7.12
Star DC Obias.png

A bit slow in the take-up but need to include the center back that has played more games than anyone else for me in defense. The world-class player in the squad. Hope I've not cursed him into moving this summer now

Bradley Cummings - DC
P148 G7 R6.93
Star DC Bradley cummings.png

Last season as a teenager. He's not progressing as the 5* prospect he was but still Scotland's best CB at 19

Owen Munro - DL
P112 G0 R6.94
Star DL.png

A lost season for our long-term LB. He and Rodriguez both lost over half a season to injury

Connor Barron - MC
P443 G119 R7.06
Star Barron'.png

Another player lost not only significant playing time to injury but also lost his starting spot. Will be a backup going forward if he accepts the role.

Alfie Bavidge - ATT
P519 G386 R7.42
bav.png

The man is unstoppable. On a tier of his own atop of the Don's forwards

Rankings

Club Ranking - 8th
Rankings club.png

No change for the dons despite not making the last 8 in Europe

National League - 6th
Rankings League.png

No change here either

National Team ranking - 37th
Rankings national.png

A big 10-place jump last season. Things starting to come together here.

Awards

Player of the Year
Sam Everaert
AWard player of the year.png

Celtic dominant team of the year for some reason.

Young Player of the Year
Anxo Diaz
AWard young player.png

The young player of the year leaves me with a headache over who starts up front with Bavidge.

Top Scorer
Alfie Bavidge
Award top scorer.png

5th Golden boot

Team of the Year
AWard team of the year.png

7 Dons feature including the newly built midfield​

Season 12
Aberdeen 2033

With a very strong final 2 months of last season, few changes were needed to the 25 man squad which i hope takes the next step in our progression to dominate Scotland & challenge further in Europe

Squad

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

Our Chinese wonderkid did not do enough to play regularly for us and at this stage looks like bad business. He is out on loan to try to prove himself before getting another shot next year. Kingsley is in the last season at the club and now wants first-team football it's very likely he leaves at the end of this season. Luiz Junior is still the unchallenged no1 for the Dons

Defense
Squad Def.png

We keep the same back four in Fe Falco, Obispo, Cummings, and Munro. Rodriguez is the better left back and thanks to Munro's injury record he'll get plenty of games. Barisic is the back up Cb and Unai Portilo will give De Falco something to think about.

Midfield
Squad Midfield.png

The major change is long-scouted Tugay Tan joining Zahustel starting at MC. Leon secured the right wing while Bakardzhiev is a team leader on the left. Big season for backups Strum & Briand to develop into quality backups that can start and also big for Barron & Castillo who are making noises about leaving and are into the last 2 years of their deals.

Strikers
Squad ATT.png

Bavidge & Diaz will be the starters but Petkov looks to be as good as them upfront. Shame for Ewing and Matocha who will be fighting for the 4th striker spot

Transfer Window

SPL
Transfers SPL.png

A selling summer for Aberdeen & Celtic. I did not realize how much money we made this summer

Aberdeen

In
Transfers Dons in.png

I spent far more to sign up players that look far safer bets to become great players and with so many players in the squad already i had to be picky.

Tugay Tan MC
tugay.png

The one player that not only goes into the first team but the first x1 is the Turkish midfielder. Scouted 2 seasons ago he was either not interested in joining or i had no room due to the number of MCs we had in the squad last summer. Tan is already as good or better than all the midfielders in our squad and will start right away.

5 youth players sign and are mostly right back to their old clubs on loan.
in Youth 1.png
in Youth 2.png
in Youth 3.png
in Youth 4.png
in Youth 5.png

Out
Out all.png

I sold all 5 players at the top without transfer listing any of them. I needed to sell a striker and Ruiz despite having the highest-ever rating in a season was the only player except to get serious offers, except Bavidge who is never going to be sold. Hubschmen was going to drop to be a backup but big offers from Real Bayern & Chelsea ended my need to keep him. Nikola Krmar was going to be my main back up but after i asked Leipzig for the impossible they offered it and a ridiculous profit came in for a player we never played. Feustel was the perfect back up but i couldn't turn down £32m for a backup. The same could be said for the final big sale Ricardo Cid.

Last edited:

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

We dominated and thrashed Dundee during flag day before Rangers turned us over at Ibrox. Was quite an even game but a tragic result that we've not totally recovered from despite 3 wins they have not been great.

SPL
SPL.png

Dundee Utd makes a flying start. Rangers were denied a perfect start by 84th and 92nd-minute own goals in the first old firm game of the season.

Champions League Fixtures
CL Draw.png

Not a terrible mix again.​

I've been doing a create a club save in Scotland and we finally after 13 seasons have a European cup winner.. two actually..

Neither of them are me, Celtic won the Conference League and Rangers won the Europa League.. in the same season..

Also the next best team now is Motherwell with two back to back runners up finishes and champions league group football.. FM is crazy.

I've been doing a create a club save in Scotland and we finally after 13 seasons have a European cup winner.. two actually..

Neither of them are me, Celtic won the Conference League and Rangers won the Europa League.. in the same season..

Also the next best team now is Motherwell with two back to back runners up finishes and champions league group football.. FM is crazy.

Hows your created club doing? What league do you start in or can you choose?

September

Fixtures
Fix.png

All the domestic games go our way including beating the previously unbeatable Dundee Utd back-to-back. Then best of all we beat Celtic at Parkhead in a dominant performance.

SPL
SPL.png

The win over Celtic sends us top

Champions League
CL1.png
CL.png

We thrash both German sides to get off to a flyer. An amazing result against Bayern considering their half-decade of eliminating us.

Scotland
Sco.png

I got so angry i forgot to get a picture of our mess up. We didn't score any of our 28 shots against Estonia. Serious throwback to the Mart Poom game in 1998. Then just as it looked over we took the lead in Germany but they took turned it around helped by a 84th-minute penalty to really kick us in the balls.​

Hows your created club doing? What league do you start in or can you choose?

Club is doing really well, a lovely little backstory to it too.. Based in Central Park in Dyce (I'm sure you know where that is) starting in Scottish League 2 (I was going to start on a custom database in the lower ranks but create a club saves don't allow custom databases)

We went up back to back to the championship and took 2 seasons to get out of the championship.

I think it took us 3 years to win the league and we're on 7 or 8 in a row with 2 champions league quarter finals and a Europa League semi final to our name.

It's a nice bit of difference from the Aberdeen save I almost always do apart from last year where I used Cove Rangers.

October

Fixtures
Fix.png

We streak through the bottom half of teams. Hearts away was a different contest. We had two goals from Bacidge chalked off that cost us the 3 points but an over 2-month winning run ended

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic also drew to the other capital team Hibs who at least was in the top half. Rangers still hanging around too with their valuable summer signings getting them back in the hunt.

Champions League
CL.png

Another big win. The best start in Europe goes on.

Scotland

Scotland.png

Sadly our world cup dream looks knackered due to that draw with Estonia and letting the lead in Germany slip away will cost us.

SPL.png