Aberystwyth Town
Season Preview 2036/2037

View attachment 363676

Transfers:

View attachment 363680

A nice net income of £43,500,000, not including the money we brought in on loan fees. The only incoming transfer was a free transfer for a profit a couple of years down the line. The two big sales will allow younger players to come through, with young Welsh center back Aled Allen becoming our 4th center half in the season after he came through our academy. If he reaches his 2 and a half star potential he should become a good backup center back and apart of my Wales squad.

Outs:

View attachment 363683View attachment 363684

Two amazing players who served the club very well, but I just felt it was time to cash in on them. I'm hoping they wont come back to haunt me in the Champions League this year!

Welsh Teams in Europe

View attachment 363689

Aberystwyth Town- Champions League Group A

View attachment 363690

Barry Town- Champions League Group G

View attachment 363691

Barry's first appearance in the Champions League as they finished runners up last year and we won the Champions League!

Llanelli AFC - Europa League Group I

View attachment 363692

I've just checked and Llanelli have made European group stage football in 7 of the past 8 seasons :O

European Super Cup 2036:

View attachment 363693

Aberystwyth Town 4 - 1 Arsenal FC

View attachment 363694

In our 5th appearance in the European Super Cup, we demolished Arsenal 4-1 in Belgium to pick up the trophy for a 4th time. To be fair, the result slightly flatters us but we do not care!

This seems a really short pre-season update but I don't have anything else to say. Next update will be a Wales 'meet the squad' so you get to know the players who I will be working with for the national side. Although that may be split into two separate updates depending on how long it takes to write up...

Wales 2036
'Meet the squad' - Goalkeepers + Defenders

View attachment 363943

Goalkeepers:

First Choice: Gavin Mc'Goona - A product of the Bangor City youth system, McGoona is a top class keeper who will be first choice for another 4/5 years at least in my opinion. Currently playing in the Premier League for Newcastle.

View attachment 363948View attachment 363949

Backups: Matt Williams and Joe Garner -
Neither are particularly great and I wouldn't be confident if Mc'Goona was injured... Both produced at the Aberystwyth academy!

View attachment 363950View attachment 363951View attachment 363952View attachment 363953

Youth Prospects: Dean Mutton and Nicholas Evans
- I doubt either will ever reach Mc'Goona's standards but I really should start giving Evans some game time in the cup or to loan him out. Would like a better young keeper to come through in the next couple of seasons...

View attachment 363957View attachment 363956View attachment 363955View attachment 363958

Right Backs:

First Choice: Chris Forbes
Tottenham's first choice full back and our first choice right back for at least another 5/6 years I would say. Very solid defensively but average going forward.

View attachment 363960View attachment 363961

Backup/Youth Prospect: Alun Rodgers - Young Manchester City full back is our second best full back and has the potential to improve, but I don't think he will ever be as good as Forbes. Again, I will be looking for a better youth prospect soon...

View attachment 363962View attachment 363963

Left Backs:

First Choice: Gwion Hughes - Aberystwyth's backup left back for years and Wales first choice left back. A product of our youth academy, he is solid defensively but doesn't offer much going forward...

View attachment 363966View attachment 363967

Backup: Alex Ready -
Another to come through the Aberystwyth academy, he is a very pacy customer who is decent backup. However, we do have some young left backs who may take his place in the squad in 1 or two years time...

View attachment 363968View attachment 363969

Youth Prospect: Craig Walters - Gwion Hughes natural successor. 3 star potential at Aberystwyth which puts him at a similar level to our first choice club left back, therefore he could become first choice left back for the club as well!

View attachment 363972View attachment 363973

Center Backs:

First Choice: Dylan Meredith and Merion Johnson - Center back is the strongest area for Wales, plenty of cover and competition for places. I've pu these two down for 1st choice, but I wouldn't mind your opinion as to who you think I should be playing. Meredith is a product of Aberystwyth's academy, whilst Johnson is a product of Manchester United's academy.

View attachment 363981View attachment 363982View attachment 363983View attachment 363985

Back Ups: Sam Makings, Tony Coverley and Matt Jones -
I had to include all 3 as they are all good center backs, however there was a couple more I could have included. Do you think any of these should be first choice?

View attachment 363987View attachment 363988View attachment 363989

Youth Prospects: Bevan Green and Aled Allen - Allen is our 4th choice club center back this season to try and help him reach his 3 star potential whilst Green also has 3 star potential from scout reports. The future is very bright at center back as I have a couple of 2 star potential center backs at the club as well...

View attachment 363991View attachment 363992View attachment 363993View attachment 363994

So that is the defensive side of the Welsh set up, if you were the manager, who would be your back 5 from the players shown? Next Update will look at midfielders and strikers...

Wales 2036
'Meet the squad' - Midfielders and Strikers

View attachment 364101

Center Midfielders:

First Choice: Neil Hooson and Richard Dyer - Hooson acts as the ball winning midfielder, whilst Dyer is a deep lying playmaker. Neither are outstanding but are both of low Premier League standard in my opinion, so they will certainly do a job in the middle for the time being.

View attachment 364107View attachment 364109View attachment 364110View attachment 364111

Backups: Owain Humphreys and Clive Wigley - Both are ageing midfielders who will do a job as backup for now. Wigley has a massive 124 caps, so their experience is welcome around the squad. Owain also came thorugh the Aberystwyth academy.

View attachment 364120View attachment 364121View attachment 364122View attachment 364123

Youth Prospects: Adam Thomas and Rhys Jenkins -
Two youngster we brought to Aber after searching through young Welsh players on regen day. Jenkins could develop into a top notch ball winning midfielder whilst Adam Thomas will hopefully take over as deep lying playmaker, that's if we can get him to choose us over England!

View attachment 364132View attachment 364133View attachment 364130View attachment 364131

Left Winger (AML)

First Choice: Adam Savage - A wonderkid from Swansea, I intent on playing him as an inside forward from the left even though he is only competent there as I feel he is too similar to play alongside Iwan Bell. I would love to get him to Aberystwyth but Swansea wont budge from his £41,000,000 release clause!

View attachment 364134View attachment 364135

Backup: Craig Walters - A TNS midfielder who has been one of their top players for years. Certainly not amazing, but decent enough cover I suppose.

View attachment 364136View attachment 364137

Right Winger (AMR)

First Choice: Howard Newman - Yet another product of Aberystwyth's youth academy, Newman is finally starting to fulfill his potential and is a quality winger. I'm now putting him on high finishing training to sort out that finishing attribute...

View attachment 364138View attachment 364139

Backup: Rhys Piles - A decent cover player is this Llanelli AFC winger, but he certainly wouldn't put fear in any opposition defender. As you can see there is not much cover on the wings or young prospects, hopefully we get a new Gareth Bale in our next youth intake.

View attachment 364141View attachment 364142

Attacking Midfield (AMC)

First Choice: Martin ap Dafyyd -
Possibly our star player? Brought in from Liverpool a few years back, he is first choice backup for the club but a key figure in the national side! Very creative and technical, I expect him to be the main supply line for the team!

View attachment 364146View attachment 364147

Backup: Kieron Taylor - The Swansea attacking midfielder still has room for development, and if he reaches his potential he will be a good back up player. Once again there isn't really a top notch youth prospect in attacking midfield...

View attachment 364151View attachment 364152

Strikers:

First Choice: Iwan Bell - Another product of the Aberystwyth youth academy and another wonderkid. The lad is only 19 and already a club legend at Aberystwyth and was top goalscorer 2 years running. The natural successor to Kieran Pringle and I'm even thinking of giving him a more prominent role alongside Pringle as a deep lying forward.

View attachment 364157View attachment 364158

Backups: Clive Jenkings, Stuart Billing, Wyn Carter and Glyndwr Lewis - I've put all of these in as I'm not sure who I would go to if Bell was injured. I'm possibly leading towards Lewis but what is your opinion? All of these but Jenkins came through the Aberystwyth academy...

View attachment 364160View attachment 364161View attachment 364162View attachment 364163

Youth Prospect: Joe Hughes -
Came through the same intake as Iwan Bell, but Manchester United poached him. Hopefully he reaches his potential and can challenge Iwan Bell...

View attachment 364168View attachment 364169

So there's the 'meet the squad' finally written out, what do you think our first 11 should be?
Next update will be a Welsh teams European group stage update...

I think Merion Johnson and Dylan Meredith look like a great defensive partnership, but I think Sam Makings is in with a shout too. He has a height and strength advantage over Meredith, although his mental stats look slightly weaker. I can imagine his strength and Merion's speed would make them a versatile partnership. I'm not sure about Bevan Green as a prospect, however; his physical stats aren't good enough at the moment, and he needs to develop either speed or strength before he reaches maturity.

I think Merion Johnson and Dylan Meredith look like a great defensive partnership, but I think Sam Makings is in with a shout too. He has a height and strength advantage over Meredith, although his mental stats look slightly weaker. I can imagine his strength and Merion's speed would make them a versatile partnership. I'm not sure about Bevan Green as a prospect, however; his physical stats aren't good enough at the moment, and he needs to develop either speed or strength before he reaches maturity.

Yeah I have Meredith as a stopper with Johnson set to cover. I was tempted to use Johnson as a sweeper with 2 center halfs in front of him, but we don't really have the wing backs to employ that. I think I'll test the Makings, Johnson partnership in an upcoming friendly. We've certainly got plenty of cover in that area, that's for sure.

And I sort of agree with Green, however if he was at Aberystwyth I could monitor his progress more and adapt it to his needs but I'm not going to pay over the odds with the young Welsh center backs we currently have at the club.

And I sort of agree with Green, however if he was at Aberystwyth I could monitor his progress more and adapt it to his needs but I'm not going to pay over the odds with the young Welsh centre backs we currently have at the club.

I was going to suggest maybe loaning him to your Scottish club and keeping an eye on him there, but then, it depends if they'll let him move on loan, whether he'll want to go, and also the standard of your training facilities which, at this early stage, probably aren't great. I've had a look at the rest of your squad now, and those two centre midfield prospects - Thomas and Jenkins - both look very exciting.

Welsh Teams in Europe

View attachment 364484

Aberystwyth Town - 1st in Champions League Group A

View attachment 364486View attachment 364487

Another very successful group stage for us, with 6 wins out of 6 from the games that we have played! We have had a few more injuries than normal to do with over the course of the campaign as well, so it shows the balance that we have in the squad.

Barry Town - 4th in Champions League Group G

View attachment 364491View attachment 364492

Barry Town had a decent campaign in my opinion, but it is a pity they couldn't turn one of their 3 draws into a win. Still, this is their first appearance in the Champions League Group stages so nothing major was expected of them...

Llanelli AFC - 2nd in Europa League Group I

View attachment 364495View attachment 364496

The great news from this year is Llanelli have managed to make it through to the Europa League Knockout Rounds for the first time (I think). They only managed one win, but 3 draws against their nearest rivals saw them creep through in second place with 6 points. I wouldn't expect them to make it past the 1st Knockout round but it's still progress being made.

Next two updates will be a 2036 Wales update and a Mid-Season update on how Kevin Conn is getting on with Forfar Athletic...

I was going to suggest maybe loaning him to your Scottish club and keeping an eye on him there, but then, it depends if they'll let him move on loan, whether he'll want to go, and also the standard of your training facilities which, at this early stage, probably aren't great. I've had a look at the rest of your squad now, and those two centre midfield prospects - Thomas and Jenkins - both look very exciting.

Yeah, I'm going to have to be careful to not give Thomas too much exposure or else England might call him up as he has already had a few under 19 appearances for them... Also I'm thinking of putting Jenkins in the Aberystwyth first team squad in Janaury to quicken his development, if not it will definitely happen next season!

Club World Championship 2036

View attachment 364868

Semi Final - Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Al-Ahli (KSA)

View attachment 364870

Final -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Corinthians

View attachment 364871

Another Club World Championship in the bag for Aberystwyth Town. Two pretty straight forward 2-0 victories ensure we become Club World Champions for a third time! Hopefully this is enough to push our reputation up to world class for the first time in the summer!

Wales

View attachment 364889

Fixtures:

View attachment 364891

A decent start here, as we have won 3, drew 2 and lost 1 since I have took the job. The disappointing aspect of these games is that Mexico got a last minute winner against us and Russia also got a last minute equalizer. We seemed to have had a lot of injuries over the different international periods as well, so we have definitely been over performing so far!

World Cup Qualifying Group 8

View attachment 364893

We've put ourselves into a great position in my opinion, sitting 2nd to Romania on goal difference. If we can win our next two qualifiers at home to Romania and Liechtenstein I think we will finish at least 2nd and give ourselves a chance of qualifying. Although we do still have trips to Russia and Germany to deal with... What do you think?

Best X11:

View attachment 364894

Welsh Player of the Year + Welsh Young Player of the Year - Iwan Bell

View attachment 364896

Next update will be an update of how Kevin Conn is getting on with Forfar after the January transfer window. Is there anything else I should include in the Wales yearly updates???

I completely forgot whilst reading your Welsh Squad that Pringle wasn't Welsh.

Forfar Athletic
February 2037

View attachment 365124

Fixtures:

View attachment 365126

So as you can see Kevin Conn has made a pretty successful start to his time at Forfar, losing only 4 league games so far. Things looked like they were taking a turn for the worse when we lost 3 games in a row in January, but we seemed to have bounced back quite well...

Scottish Division 3:

View attachment 365127

We sit comfortably at the top of the division, 8 points clear of 2nd place. However this is to be expected as we are, by far, the highest wage spenders in the league and do have players who would not be out of sorts in the Scottish First Division in my opinion...

Player Stats:

View attachment 365128

I think it's pretty obvious who our standout player has been this season. 20 goals and 9 assists from 20 games is a great record for Jordan Boyd. Lets hope he keeps fit for the second half of the season and keeps banging them in!

Transfers In:

View attachment 365129View attachment 365130View attachment 365131

All three of these lads are quality for this level! Richards is a towering center half who will bang in a few from corners. Stone is an attacking full back who will hopefully offer a bit going forward as well as defensively. Wilson will get a chance to replace Snodin as first choice poacher and his assistant report says he would currently make a 'decent SPL striker'!

Next update will be a January transfer window update with Aberystwyth... Once again, if there is anything else you think I should put in these updates just say...

Aberystwyth Town
January 2037 Transfer Window

View attachment 365133

In:

Adam Savage -
I've been tracking this Welsh wonder kid for a while and when he became transfer listed by request I jumped in there and brought him to the club for £23,000,000. Hopefully I will be able to make him more comfortable to play as an inside forward from the left for the Welsh national side, and he can also obviously fill in more than capably if Bell and Pringle were injured up front. His potential has dropped slightly since joining but I'm not too concerned...

View attachment 365134View attachment 365135View attachment 365136

Out:

Alan Gannon - I decided to let our long serving keeper go as Miler has taken his place as first choice, and therefore I could not justify his £50,000 a week wages. He is the record holder for most league appearances at the club, with 440. He leaves to get a taste of Premier League football at St James' Park with Newcastle, for a transfer fee of £2,500,000.

View attachment 365137View attachment 365138View attachment 365139

Next update will be our Champions League 1st Knockout Round tie against PSV...

Never mind all that Annan Athletic aren't in the Third Division which makes me happy because they're my favourite Scottish team.

Never mind all that Annan Athletic aren't in the Third Division which makes me happy because they're my favourite Scottish team.

Haha, I'll make sure to take it easy on them if we come up against them next season then :p

So I take it that Lianelli will be facing Aberystwyth in the European Super Cup?

Champions League

View attachment 366395

1st Knockout Round 1st Leg - PSV 1 - 7 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 366396

1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 0 PSV

View attachment 366397

Pretty straight forward victory over the two legs, Tottenham await in the Quarter Final!

Quarter Final 1st Leg - Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Tottenham

View attachment 366398

Quarter Final 2nd Leg -
Tottenham 1 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 366399

Another two victories give us a 5 - 2 aggregate victory over our North London opposition. Nice to see Adam Savage grab a Champions League goal in the second leg! We'll be heading back to North London to play our rivals Arsenal in the semi final...

And the most amazing part of this update, Llanelli AFC somehow managed to beat Juventus TWICE in the Europa League Quarter Finals and therefore advance to the Europa League Semi Final, where they will play Atletico Madrid. This is now the furthest any Welsh side other than Aberystwyth has made it in Europe!

View attachment 366404View attachment 366405

Next update will be a European Semi Final Update, will the unthinkable happen and both Welsh sides make it to a European Final or will they both crash out?