Absence of a left-footed winger in England Team costs them

Why don't we play Joe Cole? I rate him very highly.

we dont need a natually leftfooted player, because when we play with proper wide man on the left, they use the space that ashley cole likes to use, and it takes away fromm his natural game.

Ahhh If only Gareth Bale was English :'(

anctually you wouldnt have need to left sided play to deal with donovan and dempsey, who was doing the same thing from our right hand, which you forget to mention. what you need there was a dmc to shield the back four and prevent those players from running into that free space, therefore allowing cole, and johnson , to stay wide

anctually you wouldnt have need to left sided play to deal with donovan and dempsey, who was doing the same thing from our right hand, which you forget to mention. what you need there was a dmc to shield the back four and prevent those players from running into that free space, therefore allowing cole, and johnson , to stay wide

Ahh.......the problem here is neither Lampard or Gerrard are assigned to be holding midfielders all the more we need Gareth Barry back

now i have seen the team play i totaly agree, we should have taken adam johnson insted of wright-phillips.

Capello is trying to make Lampard fall back into the midfield more, like a 'deep lying playmaker', and he can't do that. Lampard and Gerrard were alright together vs USA, but Barry needs to be in that midfield, or dare I say, Carrick.

Overall, he definitely should of taken Huddlestone.

Has Capello tried playing Rooney up front alone, with Lampard and Gerrard both as attacking mids and Barry as the holding mid? Not sure if that would work?

he definatly needs to try somthing diferent, playing lamps as a definsive midfielder does not work simple as that. i can see why out of gerrard and lampard he would want gerrard to play the more advanced role but imagine both of them playing as attaking.

Why adam johnson did not go, is beyond me, hes the only true left footer that plays on the wing, He also had a much better season than SWP, I would have definitely taken Johnson over SWP, Lennon was ***** aswell i thought, absolutely awful how he didnt go at the defenders, at least SWP had the balls to go at the USA defence, if i were capello and johnson was in the squad, i would play a 4-2-3-1 like this.

Barry------- Gerrard
Joe Cole-----------Frank Lampard-----------Adam Johnson

Why adam johnson did not go, is beyond me, hes the only true left footer that plays on the wing, He also had a much better season than SWP, I would have definitely taken Johnson over SWP, Lennon was ***** aswell i thought, absolutely awful how he didnt go at the defenders, at least SWP had the balls to go at the USA defence, if i were capello and johnson was in the squad, i would play a 4-2-3-1 like this.

Barry------- Gerrard
I agree with everything in that tbh, and it's a shame that he didn't take Huddlestone because in the formation you just put up, he'd fit in perfectly next to Barry.

We dont need Gerrard in the same team as Lampard as weird as it may sound, they both want to do the same thing, we only need one, and this season Lamps has been much, much better.

Barry------- Gerrard
he told capello that he couldnt breather and was overawed by the friendly, not sure hes reeady to be thrown into the biggest tournament in football.... and again having a left footer does not solve the problems in midfield

he told capello that he couldnt breather and was overawed by the friendly, not sure hes reeady to be thrown into the biggest tournament in football.... and again having a left footer does not solve the problems in midfield
i disagree, having a left footer makes all the difference, it means we can balance how we do our attacks, for example we had lennon on the right who was running down the byline, playing in crosses, he is right footed, as SWP was playing on the left, he had to cut inside to get it on his proper foot. Its unbalanced tactics from Capello.

i disagree, having a left footer makes all the difference, it means we can balance how we do our attacks, for example we had lennon on the right who was running down the byline, playing in crosses, he is right footed, as SWP was playing on the left, he had to cut inside to get it on his proper foot. Its unbalanced tactics from Capello.
not unbalanced, asymetric. you left wing does not have to the same as your right wing. for one thing a natual wide player, completely disrupts coles game. in cole we have probably the best left back in the world. he loves taking it to the oppostion byline and when he does he pins back the full back. if you have a intelligent two footed player (joe cole), alongside a 3 man mid, you will pin back that entire side, as cole pins the full back wide, allowing cole running at the centreback, suddenly with gerrard you have an overlap. a wide player on the right then offers you a different threat entirely

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

brazil, holland, spain, argentina all are asymetric in attack,

Right now Fabio Capello definetly needs to have a serious look at his tactics as it is all too easy right now to counter them as USA showed by keeping Rooney quiet and silencing Ashley Cole

Get Joe Cole on the left. Fabio if your looking at this. Do it ;)