Reaction score
ADDICTED TO THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE!
ROTHERHAM UNITED

This OP has been edited so its an overall view of the story kind of like a blurb or cover so if your interested in it please read on. I update daily or once every couple of days.

Premier League Championship League 1 League 2 FA Cup League Cup JPT Community Shield
2011/12 1st 2nd Round 1st Round 2nd Round
2012/13 6th 2nd Round 2nd Round 2nd Round
2013/14 - - 3rd Round 1st Round

Last edited:
Hi FM-Base, In recent years ive brang you many stories but probably my best story was A Liege of their Own last year which followed my quest to increase the league reputation of the Belgian league but some what went off track as i fell in love with Standard Liege.
This story however i already love, its the English football league. My aim is to just take a football league team and enjoy the journey. No targets, no expectations, This is my first attempt at a football league game in FM12. Im also hoping to increase my managerial skills in League 2 as ive had quite abit of experience in the higher leagues with Leicester City, Swindon Town and Huddersfield Town.

The team i have chosen to start is ... ROTHERHAM UNITED!
Founded in 1884, nicknamed The Millers. Rotherham United hold a fierce rivalry with Sheffield Wednesday and Chesterfield. They play their home games at the Don Valley Stadium. They enjoyed their best spell of success during the 1980's but are currently on a fifteen year barren spell having not won a competition since 1996 (Johnstone Paint Trophy). Runners up in the League Cup in 1961. They won what now is Npower League in 1981 and Npower League 2 in 1989 but their highest ever league finish was 3rd in the Npower Championship back in 1955.

- CHRIS SAUNT TAKES CHARGE AT ROTHERHAM!
Chris Saunt has taken charge at the Don Valley Stadium today. With no previous history in the game, Many fans are cautious of what to expect from the season ahead. Rotherham have been predicted by FourFourTwo magazine to finish 3rd in League 2 so the pressure is on for new boss Saunt with just a couple of months before the Football League season kicks off.

Transfer Budget: £50k
Wage Budget: £22k

Database: English (League 2 and above), Scotland (Premier Division), Large Size.

Transfer Update (Pre-Season)

IN
Kelvin Etuhu - Unattached - Free
Lee Trundle - Neath - £12k
James Tavenier - Newcastle - Loan (end of season)
Aaron Wildig - Cardiff - Loan (end of season)
OUT
-

Staff Update (Pre-Season)

IN
Steve Brown - Unattached - Coach
Jason Hastings - Unattached - Fitness Coach
OUT
Martyn Chapman - Mutual Termination - Coach

Last edited:
August 2011

Tactic Info: 4-4-2
---------------------Logan----------------
Tavernier------Raynes------Brown-----Newey
Marshall-------Wildig-------Pringle-----Schofield
-------------Grabban-------Trundle----------

League 2
Macclesfield 1 - 0 Rotherham
Team News: Trundle, Wildig, Tavernier all handed starts with Etuhu on the bench.
77 - Tomlinson
INJ - Marshall (5 weeks)
Analysis: Rotherham totally dominant but couldnt convert their chances. Wonder strike from Tomlinson wins the game.

Carling Cup 1st Round
Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: Revell replaces the injured Marshall, Brown away on International Duty so Ryan Cresswell comes in.
35 - Bennett
40 - Schofield
91 - Franks
112 - Pringle
M'boro won 3-1 on pens
INJ - Trundle (5 days)
Analysis: Truly heroic performance from Rotherham coming from behind twice and defended stoutly. In the end penalty taking let them down in the shoot out but another performance with nothing to show for it.

Lee Lucas in - Swansea - Loan (end of season)

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 1 Bradford
Team News: Trundle is out so Holroyd comes in, Brown returns and Lucas debutises from the start.
15 - Ameobi
35 - Grabban
72 - Revell
INJ - Lucas (4 weeks)
Analysis: A first win for new boss Saunt. Rotherham didnt perform as well as in the other matches after 120 mins and a shoot-out in midweek against Middlesbrough but a result none the less.

League 2
Oxford 1 - 3 Rotherham
Team News: Pringle in for Lucas who is injured.
14 - Revell
32 - Leven (Pen)
54 - Holroyd
59 - Revell
Analysis: A brilliant away trip for Millers fans. 3 points in the bag with Revell bagging a brace from right wing.

League 2
Rotherham 1 - 2 Morecambe
Team News: Trundle fit for the bench otherwise unchanged.
2 - Fleming
24 - Grabban
87 - Hitchcock
Analysis: On the back foot from the start and Rotherham never really got going. They leveled through Lewis Grabban and probably deserved a point but for it to be snatched away 3 minutes from the end.

League 2
Rotherham 4 - 1 Northampton
Team News: Trundle starts, Holroyd drops to the bench.
5 - Schofield
29 - Robinson
45 - Walker (OG)
58 - Grabban
79 - Schofield
INJ - Raynes (4 weeks)
Analysis: A key injury at the back for Rotherham but strong upfront with Danny Schofield running the show.

Johnstone Paint Trophy 1st Round
Rotherham 3 - 0 Notts County
Team News: Etuhu prefered to Trundle.
13 - Grabban
56 - Etuhu
67 - Grabban
76 - OFF (Hughes)
Analysis: A League 1 scalp for the Millers in a superb display. Grabban was causing havoc when he got the ball. County struggling in League 1 where getting frustrated before having Lee Hughes sent off. A good start so far for Chris Saunt 1 month into his new job.

Club Player of the Month - LEWIS GRABBAN
View attachment 207761
Lewis Grabban started off the month dissapointly with a drab performance on right wing at Macclesfield on the opening day and then missing the decisive penalty in the shoot-out with Middlesbrough but a change to striker and the goals have kept flowing. If he keeps this up for the rest of the season Rotherham will do well this season.

September 11
League 2
Plymouth 2 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: Brown away with Internationals so Tonge comes in moving Tavernier to centre back. Marcus Marshall is fit for the bench.
30 - Grabban
35 - Newey (OG)
55 - Wildig
83 - Sutherland
INJ - Revell (4 weeks), Etuhu (5 weeks)
Analysis: A bad day for Rotherham, squandering 2 points in the last 10 minutes and losing 2 players to injury.

League 2
Rotherham 0 - 0 Gillingham
Team News: Revell and Etuhu both sidelined but Brown and Lucas return. Marshall starts.
-
Analysis: A frustrating start to September so far after dropping points at Plymouth, losing 2 players now a goalless home draw.

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 1 Bristol Rovers
Team News: Cresswell preffered to Tonge in the only change from draw against the Gills.
32 - Holroyd
34 - Antonio
45 - Holroyd
57 - Pringle
INJ - Trundle (Fit to play)
Analysis: A lot better from Rotherham and 2 goals for Chris Holroyd. Ben Pringle off the bench raps up the game and the 3 points.

League 2
Cheltenham 2 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: After his 2 goals last week, Grabban is preffered to Holroyd.
19 - Goulding
37 - Low
OFF - Brown
61 - Schofield
90+4 - Schofield
Analysis: A heroic comeback from Rotherham, down to 10 men after Troy Brown was sent off for a dangerous tackle. Danny Schofield found himself the only Millers player who could finish. The first a stunner from the edge of the box and then a dramatic late leveler after 4 minutes added on.

MICHAEL WOODS (IN) - UNAT. - Free

League 2
Swindon 2 - 1 Rotherham
Team News - Brown suspended but Raynes returns from injury. Michael Woods is handed a debut from the start and Lee Lucas doesnt make the bench.
35 - Kerrouche
68 - Trundle
OFF - Marshall
83 - Caddis
Analysis: More points lost in the last 10 minutes for Rotherham is becoming a big concern for boss Chris Saunt but he would have been pleased that Lee Trundle has found the net after 15 hours without a goal since his summer move from Neath.

Club Player of the Month - DANNY SCHOFIELD
View attachment 208902
An experienced head in the Rotherham side and he has been putting in some real captain, follow-by-example performances most notably against Cheltenham when most of the Millers heads went down he grabbed the game by the scruff of its neck and made sure his team got something from the game.

Last edited:
Your side is performing well, bet the lads took confidence out of drawing with Middlesborough

Thanks lads, Ive forgot to print screen the tables for the first 2 months but i shall be putting 1 up after October.

October 11

League 2
Rotherham 1 - 0 Torquay
Team News: Brown returns from International duty so Cresswell is benched. Marshall is suspended so Revell takes the spot on right wing.
77 - Brown
Analysis: A good victory for Rotherham after a stumble in September. A clean sheet and 3 points for a solid display.

Johnstone Paint Trophy 2nd Round
Walsall 1 - 0 Rotherham
Team News: Grabban and Woods come in for Holroyd and Woods who are rested.
18 - Tavernier (OG)
Miss Pen - Grabban - 74
Analysis: Tortued for most of the match by Rowan Vine and Ryan Jarvis but Rotherham defended well but for a nervy start from James Tavernier who had some scares before he smashed in his own net. The Millers fought back without creating too many clear cut chances until Lewis Grabban's penalty was saved to end hopes of a League 1 scalp.

League 2
Accrington Stanley 0 - 0 Rotherham
Team News: Brown and Lucas have international commitments so Cresswell and Woods come in.
-
INJ - Trundle (3 weeks)
Analysis: Rotherham flew out of the blocks hitting the bar twice and having a free header cleared off the line before a drab second half ment a scoreless draw and points shared.

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 0 Crawley
Team News: Brown returns to the starting 11 and Lucas makes the bench. Injured Trundle is replaced by Holroyd.
OFF - Dempster
65 - Grabban
84 - Etuhu
Analysis: An even game until 34 minutes when Dempster was sent off then Rotherham controlled the game with Grabban and Etuhu sealing all 3 points against top of the table Crawley. Rotherham move into the play-off spots.

League 2
Port Vale 0 - 1 Rotherham
Team News: Troy Brown has been injured for 2 months after an awkward fall in training, Cresswell is expected to be his long term replacement.
13 - Kozluk (OG)
OFF - Branco
Analysis: Another stroke of luck for Rotherham, With the red card last game and an OG getting them on their way this game. Good things come in 3's and so it proved when Branco was sent off ending all Vale's hopes of getting anything from the match. Another clean sheet for the Millers as they rise to 4th.

League 2
Rotherham 5 - 0 AFC Wimbledon
Team News: Trundle is fit but doesnt make the side, No GK sub means Jason Taylor's plea for first team action is granted with a place on the bench. Otherthan that its an unchanged first 11 for a Tuesday Night match.
10 - Grabban
35 - Raynes
45+2 - Schofield
63 - Schofield
89 - Marshall
KNOCK - Raynes (Fit to play)
Analysis: A storming performance from Rotherham. Solid at the back and dangerous upfront. Danny Schofield was the man of the match with his 2 goals. Marshall came from the bench to make the scoreline what Rotherham's play deserved. Rotherham in 3rd.

League 2
Burton Albion 1 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: Unchanged!
52 - Zola
68 - Atkins (OG)
88 - Revell
Analysis: Fantastic comeback after Zola ended Logan's 5 match unbeaten streak in goal it needed character with the way Millers where playing. But a scrappy goal gave Rotherham hope and on 75 minutes a Woods header bounced off the post and then you sensed there was only going to be 1 winner. They left it late but Revell headed in for a dramatic finish. Rotherham top the table on goal difference after an unbeaten October.

Club Player of the Month - CONRAD LOGAN
View attachment 208934View attachment 208935View attachment 208936
Conrad Logan aka beast has been playing outstanding through October. A massive performance in the JPT kept Rotherham in the game until the end and some really important saves to keep Burton at 1-0 which sparked the comeback of the season so far for the Millers. Also kept 5 clean sheets in the league out of 6 games.

2011-12 SQUAD REPORT!

G O A L K E E P E R S :
Conrad Logan - On loan until January when i arrived. He is really solid in League 2, Kept 6 clean sheets so far and only conceded 17 goals in 19 games. He comes alive when your team is losing to keep you in games so if your attack can put chances away it makes you really hard to beat.
Andy Warrington - Aging goalkeeper at 35, so far unused due to Conrad Logan's form. I'll most likely wait for his contract to expire before letting him go. Theres no substitute for experience.

D E F E N D E R S :
James Tavernier - Young loanee from Newcastle, Still learning the game which is evadent in some of his performances so he needs to work on his consistancy and not getting nervous in big matches but he's played all 19 games so far this season and can play center half so he is versatile.
Michael Raynes - 24 year old, 6ft 4'' monster at the back, Best center half at the club upon my arrival. Also Vice-captain at the club.
Troy Brown - Under 21 Wales international center half, He has missed some games in my campaign so far because of his international commitments but when he plays the defence looks more solid than when he's missing. As good all round center half as your going to get in League 2 but now missing until December due to injury.
Tom Newey - As left backs in League 2 go this guy isnt too bad at all but probably the weakist area of my defence. I tried to bring in a left back in the summer but for some financial difficulties i was made to stick with Newey and he's done well. Some mistakes leading to goals but he's my 3rd player to have played all 19 matches so far.
Ryan Cresswell - Club captain but not my first choice at center half but with Brown's international games Cresswell is a terrific replacement. Now that Brown is injured he will be getting a good run in the side to show me more of what he's about.
Dale Tonge - Very useful right back, I bring him on for left back Newey when he is tired and move Tavernier across to left back so Tonge can play at right back and he hasnt dissapointed whenever i have used him. Sometimes Tavernier plays center back freeing up the right back role and i dont hesitate putting him in. More attack minded as well.
Mark Bradley & Luke Foster - Yet to appear, seeking to sell in January but might need to use them to generate some interest in the pair. These 2 are versatile and can play in a number of position but as yet i havnt needed them.

M I D F I E L D E R S :
Alex Revell - He reminds me of Jonothan Walters. He's ment to be a striker but he can play right midfield. He's banged in some goals from the right but when the play is built on the left he shows his strikers instinct and gets into the box so he can challenge for the crosses. When play is going through him on the right though he's got an unbelievable cross. 7 assists and 5 goals in 15 games. A great return.
Michael Woods - New signing in September, He was unattached and i was really short of attacking central midfield players so i suprised to find him. Former Chelsea youth and reserve player. Slightly dissapointed with 1 assist in 7 games but he is inspirational in knocking the ball around midfield, short and long passing, links defence to attack like a dream.
Aaron Wildig - Loaned in in the summer, Played him in the role of advanced playermaker which he is uncomfortable with but he gave it is all and i was duly impressed. Now plays ball winning midfielder or deep-lying playmaker. Key player.
Danny Schofield - What a genius this guy is. He scores trademark edge of the box finishes, He leads by example, He's got 7 goals and 3 assists from the left wing and is my only midfielder to have played all 19 games. Need i say more.
Ben Pringle - He can play anywhere in midfield comfortably, He makes an impact when he comes on. I used to start him in ball winning role until Michael Woods arrived, Used him on the left and right when players start to get tired. Nice on the ball and still only 23 so he's got a job to do this season and ill definately keep him if we get promotion.
Lee Lucas - Loaned from Swansea, He's forced hiself into the Welsh U21 side since being with us. Another player i brought in to be attack minded in midfield but wouldnt look to sign him on permanently.
Marcus Marshall - Injured early in the season but is back fit and contending for a place on the right wing or upfront. He can play like Alex Revell but he's not as consistent so sits most games on the bench but is used frequently.
Danny Harrison & Jason Taylor - Squad players, Ball winners, Jason Taylor made a first team plea for football 2 games ago, I played him against Wimbledon and he was solid and then against Burton i played him left back and he crossed for the winner in 88 minutes so is now incontention for a place in the side. I have too many ball winners so i will probably look into selling him soon.
Gareth Evans - So far unused, isnt really a place for him in my side. Seeking to sell.

S T R I K E R S :
Lee Trundle - My only siging i paid money for and it took him 15 hours to score his first goal. I think he will hit form at some stage of the season but he is troubled with injuries.
Lewis Grabban - Pacey exciting player, loves scoring a goal. Kind of a bit selfish player but he is a striker and my top scorers with 8 goals so far.
Chris Holroyd - I like this player. He can score goals just hasnt scored too many but i enjoy watching him. Works hard for the team and does look threatening.
Kelvin Etuhu - Pace pace and more pace for the Nigerian. I signed him on a free but dont really know why yet. He's definately got something but i find myself adding him onto the bench most of the time. Can also play left wing which is another reason as to why he hasnt started too many games because Danny Schofield's form.
Brett Williams - Used once off the bench so far. Ive got too much competition for places upfront so this loanee isnt going to feature much this season and will leave dissapointed. Feel kind of mean on him so i might terminate his loan for the good of him.

Last edited:
November 11

League 2
Aldershot 1 - 1 Rotherham
13 - Woods
58 - Bubb
INJ - Holroyd (3 weeks), Etuhu (6 days)
Analysis: Rotherham were unlucky in this one having 2 goals chalked off for offside and a Michael Raynes header cleared off the line before a lively Etuhu hit the post before going off injured. Aldershot stay 21st, The Millers drop to 3rd.

FA Cup 1st Round
Rotherham 1 - 0 Gateshead
Team News: Trundle in for the injured Holroyd.
40 - Schofield
Analysis: Gateshead posed very little threat but defended very well. A clean sheet and passage into the next round though means job done for the manager.

League 2
Rotherham 0 - 0 Dag & Red
Team News: Tonge has allegedly made a Jason Taylor type plea for first team football which has been successful as he raplces Newey who is benched with Tavernier moving to left back.
-
Analysis: Rotherham stay 3rd after this drab goalless affair.

League 2
Rotherham 4 - 0 Southend
Team News: Unchanged, Lucas & Pringle move onto the bench.
17 - Grabban
20 - Cresswell
32 - Raynes
90+2 - Grabban
INJ - Cresswell (11 days)
Analysis: This match reflected the table so far with Southend bottom of the pile and hapless in their attempts to get something out of this match. Grabban started and finished the scoring with 2 poachers goals. Cresswell and Raynes headed in unchallenged headers from corners to complete a 4-0 rout.

Club Player of the Month - MICHAEL WOODS
View attachment 209199View attachment 209200
Player of the Month this month was abit more difficult than usual as no one really stood out, it was more of a team effort but Michael Woods has improved his stats somewhat over November with just 1 assist to his name before the month began. He added 2 more assists and scored a goal.

December 11

FA Cup 2nd Round
Rotherham 0 - 2 Bradford
Team News: Cresswell is injured but Brown has recovered from his and returns, Etuhu is preffered to Trundle.
10 - Crompton
85 - Fagan
INJ - Wildig (Fit to play)
Analysis: A dissapointing exit out of the cup for Rotherham. It started off badly after conceding a 10th minute goal and then losing Aaron Wildig, Fagan wrapped up the game late on. Only good news for Rotherham is now the league is the only competition they are left in and Wildig's injury wasnt serious and will return next week against Crewe.

League 2
Crewe 0 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: Newey in for Tonge
43 - Grabban (Pen)
82 - Trundle
Analysis: A great way to bounce back from exiting the FA Cup for Rotherham. Grabban grabbed his 11th of the season and substitute Lee Trundle came on to get his 2nd for the club.

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 0 Barnet
Team News: No changes from the side that beat Crewe
35 - Woods
64 - Grabban
INJ - Newey (2 months)
Analysis: A Man of the match performance from Michael Woods sealed another victory for the Millers. First a superb strike couldnt be kept out by the Bradford keeper and he also set up the 2nd goal as the crowd cried shoot, He shown the piece of mind to slide in Lewis Grabban who gobbled up the chance.

League 2
Shrewsbury 0 - 1 Rotherham
Team News: Newey's injury means Tavernier moves to left but with Tonge coming in, Trundle starts ahead of Etuhu and Michael Woods is suspended after picking up 5 yellows so Lee Lucas comes in.
45 - Grabban
Analysis: A sound performance at the back was the foundation for a happy away trip for Millers fans. Another clean sheet as Rotherham move top of League 2.

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 0 Hereford
Team News: Woods returns from suspension as Lucas drops out.
27 - Grabban
72 - Revell
INJ - Tavernier (5 weeks)
Analysis: Rotherham complete a perfect league month with 1 more clean sheet and a contender for goal of the season as a long ball is headed down by Trundle and volleyed into the top corner from Grabban. Truly sensational. Alex Revell's deflected shot made it 2 and 2 points clear in League 2 for the Millers as we go into the new year. A blow in losing Tavernier for 5 weeks as Tom Newey is already out and no natural left backs to fill in.

Club Player of the Month - LEWIS GRABBAN
View attachment 209247View attachment 209248View attachment 209249
A sensational month for Rotherham after falling out of the FA Cup ended all hopes of a good cup run this season a solid defensive month but Lewis Grabban takes the Managers Pick this month with a goal in every league game during December. All 4 nice finishes as he takes his tally upto 14 for the season.

January 12

Gareth Evans (OUT) - Plymouth - Free
Brett Williams (OUT) - Loan Terminated

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 0 Macclesfield
Team News: Tavernier injured so Mark Bradley appears for the first time this season at left back.
68 - Grabban
90 - Miss Pen (Grabban)
90 - Grabban
KNOCK - Woods (2 weeks)
Analysis: A 7th consecutive clean sheet in the league was the foundation of yet another 2-0 victory for the Millers. Grabban scored before missing a 90th minute penalty but they rebuilt the attack and Grabban made up for missing the penalty with a fine finish. Rotherham move to 4 points clear.

Johnny Mullins (OUT) - Lincoln - £10k
Logan loan renewed until the end of the season.
Raynes, Etuhu, Revell and Grabban sign new deals until 2014.

League 2
Bradford 1 - 4 Rotherham
Team News: Lucas in for the injured Woods in the only change.
6 - Grabban (Pen)
10 - Mitchell (OG)
35 - Brown
72 - Revell
90 - Fagan
INJ - Lucas (Fit to play)
Analysis: The Millers move 6 points clear at the top after a dominate win against a struggling Bradford. The only annoying point for the manager was conceding a silly goal late on.

ROTHERHAM P-P OXFORD
Analysis: Extra rest for Rotherham as a waterlogged pitch puts pay to the match today. Morecambe in 2nd place in League 2 also was waterlogged off.

League 2
Morecambe 2 - 3 Rotherham
Team News: Woods returns from injury, Lucas drops out the side.
7 - McDonald
26 - Grabban
33 - Toni Silva
59 - Schofield
75 - Revell
Analysis: A match they truly lived up to its 1st v 2nd billing. Morecambe struck first to be pulled back by on form Grabban. Toni Silva regained the lead for Morecambe before half time but Rotherham got on top in the second half with Schofield leveling and a sensational effort to win it from 25 yards from Alex Revell. A massive win for Rotherham taking them 9 points clear.

ROTHERHAM P-P OXFORD
Analysis: Rained off once again, re-scheduled for early Febuary. Morecambe took advantage by winning and cutting The Millers lead to 6 points.

League 2
Northampton 3 - 0 Rotherham
Team News: Tavernier is fit but doesnt make the side.
48 - Purcell
61 - Robinson
85 - Purcell
Analysis: A first defeat in 17 matches for Rotherham and a bump down to earth. A number of factors could have played a part having the Oxford match called off twice meaning Morecambe claw 3 points back or playing away for 3 games in a row. Most fans would admit it was probably the performance that let them down.

Club Player of the Month - MARK BRADLEY

View attachment 209386View attachment 209387
Before this month Mark Bradley hadnt appeared for Rotherham but with injuries to Tavernier and Newey at left back he got his chance albeit out of position. He has proved he is a model professional, He hasnt moaned about being left out, He was patient and was happy to play out of position if it ment he could play. He then put in 110% effort and was very reliable. Outstanding but now Tavernier is back. Happy problems for the manager.

Last edited:
February 12

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 0 Plymouth
Team News: Tavernier returns, Bradley is benched and Lucas also named on the bench. Gareth Evans plays against his old side after being sold in January.
12 - Trundle
38 - Brown
64 - Soukouna (OG)
Analysis: A goal of the season contender from Lee Trundle was scored today. A 1-2 with Grabban trundled then Rooney v Arsenaled a volley off the crossbar and in. Rotherham from that went from strength to strength to bag all 3 points.

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 1 Oxford
Team News: Newey fit but not risked after he's recovered from a knee ligament injury which has had him sidelined for 6-8 weeks. Pringle in for Wildig whose form has dropped recently.
47 - Pringle
50 - Trundle
74 - Constable
Analysis: After this fixture was postponed twice in January it was finally played today with the Millers as victores who move 8 clear at the top of League 2 having played their game in hand.

League 2
Gillingham 2 - 6 Rotherham
Team News: Newey in for Tonge.
13 - Grabban
16 - Brown
19 - Revell
23 - Schofield
33 - Kedwell
35 - Tavernier (OG)
57 - Grabban
78 - Trundle
INJ - Raynes (2 weeks), Revell (6 days)
Analysis: A fantastic start lead to being uncertain in the middle and fantastic again at the end in a bizarre day for Rotherham but a 6-2 win none the less. Grabban bagged his 19th and 20th goals of the season and Schofield his 10th as Rotherham go futher clear at the top.

League 2
Rotherham 2 - 1 Cheltenham
Team News: 1st v 3rd Tuesday night match without Raynes and Revell sees Cresswell and Marshall come in.
40 - Grabban
74 - Grabban
90+1 - Goulding
INJ - Grabban (6 days)
Analysis: The Millers move 11 points clear in League 2 and yet more goals for Top Scorer Lewis Grabban.

League 2
Bristol Rovers 4 - 1 Rotherham
Team News: Grabban out injured, Holroyd comes in.
4 - McGleish
22 - McGleish
44 - McGleish
53 - Keenan
55 - Schofield
INJ - Cresswell (6 days)
Analysis: A massive display from McGleish easily won the game for Rovers. Rotherham couldnt handle him and a formation change to 4-3-3 also failed for Millers. A missed opportunity as Morecambe lost so the lead remains at 11 points.

League 2
Torquay 0 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: Raynes, Revell and Grabban all return, The squad had 3 days off during the week to get refocused.
4 - Revell
55 - Pele (OG)
Analysis: The 3 day rest paid off for the Rotherham boss as his side strolled to success away at Torquay. Morecambe won as well so 11 point lead remains going into March.

Club Player of the Month - TROY BROWN
View attachment 209410View attachment 209411
Many would be suprised that a defender has won Player of the Month in a Month where Rotherham conceded 8 goals but Troy Brown heads the average rating charts for the last 5 games and his performances over the season have complimented to this achievement.

March 12

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 2 Swindon
3 - Schofield
OFF - Grabban
33 - Comazzi
40 - Hackett
65 - Brown
77 - Trundle
INJ - Bradley (4 weeks)
Analysis: 1 of the games of the season in League 2. Schofield put Rotherham into an early lead but for Grabban to be sent off after 28 minutes after picking up a 2nd yellow card for diving. Comazzi scored 5 minutes later and Hackett but Swindon into a commanding position before half time. The second half was brought to life when Brown headed in a corner to put the game level. Lee Trundle with 13 minutes left rapped up the game with a an sexy chip over the goalkeeper.

League 2
Rotherham 4 - 1 Accrington Stanley
Team News: Wildig in for Pringle, Etuhu in for Grabban who is banned.
10 - Etuhu
36 - Etuhu
43 - Tavernier
74 - Raynes
78 - Edmundsson
Analysis: A Kelvin Etuhu brace ended his 10 hour run without a goal. Tavernier scored a 35 yard screamer for his 1st for the club as a tuesday night match under lights at Rotherham ends with a 4-1 victory.

League 2
Crawley 2 - 3 Rotherham
Team News: Unchanged but Grabban returns from suspension onto the bench.
8 - Trundle
17 - Trundle
47 - Etuhu
61 - Tubbs
75 - Barnett
Analysis: Rotherham have started leaking goals of late which is contributing to some excellently watchable games. This game turned into a 5 goal thriller with Crawley unlucky not to escape with a point.

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 1 Port Vale
Team News: Grabban preffered to Etuhu
1 - Schofield
12 - Brown
52 - Revell
87 - McCombe
Analysis: Another win and another goal conceded but Rotherham wont mind in their charge for the League 2 crown. No strikers on target and still 3 goals to boot.

League 2
AFC Wimbledon 0 - 3 Rotherham
Team News: Pringle in for Wildig
18 - Schofield
45+1 - Grabban
68 - Grabban
Analysis: Lewis Grabban hits a brace as Rotherham increase their lead to 14 points with Morecambe drawing. With this result, Rotherham have cemented a play-off spot at the very least this season.

PLAY-OFFS SECURED

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 1 Burton
News: Wildig in for Pringle and Etuhu is preffered to Trundle.
16 - Etuhu
46 - Etuhu
54 - Grabban
81 - Pearson
Analysis: The recent form of Kelvin Etuhu is causing havoc in League 2 defences, He got 2 more today as Grabban also adds to his tally. Another silly late goal, Same old Rotherham, still winning. They move 17 points clear and have guaranteed promotion to League 1 next season.

PROMOTION TO LEAGUE 1

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 0 Aldershot
Team News: Marshall in for Revell, Bradley is fit but doesnt feature.
23 - Etuhu
47 - Raynes
OFF - Etuhu
71 - Marshall
Analysis: The good, the bad and the ugly from Kelvin Etuhu a la Balotelli style. After opening the scoring early on, the early past of the second half was the bad and the ugly all in one as a two footed leaping lunge, an overall disgrace of a challenge ment he was sent off. The manager was apauled with Etuhu after the match saying it was ugly, reckless and a fine will be coming his way.

Club Player of the Month - KELVIN ETUHU

View attachment 209560View attachment 209561View attachment 209562View attachment 209563View attachment 209564
Kelvin Etuhu has really came to life this month along with Lee Trundle in their recent performances comfirming Rotherham's place in League 1 next season. Etuhu has banged in 6 goals in his last 5 games but early reports are suggesting that his days at Don Valley Stadium could be numbered after a massive bust up with manager Chris Saunt after the Rotherham manager decided to fine him 1 weeks wages after being sent off for a 2 footed leaping lunge in Rotherham's 3-0 win over Aldershot. Both parties are said to be not backing down over the issue so the Nigerian could be kicked out the backdoor this summer. Dubbed by the Rotherham press as ETUHU-GATE this is an unwelcome distraction as The Millers only need 3 points to lift the League 2 title.

Last edited:
April and May 12

League 2
Dag & Red 0 - 2 Rotherham
Team News: Trundle in, Etuhu banned!
82 - Grabban
88 - Grabban
Analysis: Rotherham are CHAMPIONS OF LEAGUE 2. Lewis Grabban's 24th and 25th league goals of the season rapping up the 3 points needed to lift League 2. It was a end of season affair until a triple substituion sparked Rotherham into action. Pringle off the bench set up the 1st and Holroyd the 2nd. A day to remember in Rotherham's history.

CHAMPIONS!

View attachment 209996

League 2
Southend 0 - 0 Rotherham
Team News: Revell in for Marshall.
OFF - Harris
Analysis: Rotherham's job is already done this season and it showed in the performance this afternoon with a 0-0 draw dispite Harris being sent off for Southend in the 63rd minute.

League 2
Rotherham 3 - 0 Crewe
Team News: Holroyd preffered to Trundle in attack.
27 - Woods
42 - Holroyd
73 - Grabban
Analysis: Holroyd had waited 15 hours since his last goal but he scored today. A looping header from Woods kick off the scoring and Lewis Grabban made sure he got 1 more for the tally this season. Crewe look likely to go down this season and this wouldnt have helped in their scrap to stay up.

League 2
Barnet2 - 1 Rotherham
Team News: Unchanged, Etuhu is back from suspension but left out.
69 - Revell
82 - McLeod
86 - Holmes
Analysis: Dropped points for Rotherham as they lost the lead and the game in the last 10 minutes not for the first time this season. It was a silly way to give the goals away, many of the Rotherham players were on their holidays.

League 2
Rotherham 4 - 0 Shrewsbury
Team News: The last home game of the season sees a few changes for the Millers. Lucas, Taylor and Trundle all come in with Woods, Wildig and Holroyd dropping out. Harrison, Wildig and Marshall make the bench.
38 - Marshall
41 - Schofield
66 - Grabban
89 - Schofield
INJ - Trundle (2 months)
Analysis: A superb way to say goodbye to their home fans this season. A 4-0 rout started by Marshall who replaced Trundle who was injured. Schofield bagged 2 and the customery Grabban goal ensured a happy ending for the Rotherham home support this year.

ROTHERHAM ANNOUNCE LINK WITH MANCHESTER UNITED

Club Player of the Month - JAMES TAVERNIER
View attachment 209994View attachment 209995
James Tavernier has had a fantastic season on loan. He's bagged a terrific 35 yarder to contend in 1 of Rotherham's goals of the season and been superb at getting up and down the right from right back. Excellent engine, only 1 breif spell out with injury. Played all Rotherham's game when fit. A good start to his career and the highest average rating during April so well deserved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

League 2
Hereford 2 - 4 Rotherham
Team News: The final game of League 2 and the Rotherham manager is talking about 'Target 100'. Thats the number of goals he wants Rotherham too reach in the league by the end of this game (2 needed). Marshall starts for the injured Trundle. Harrison comes in for Taylor who is expected to appear off the bench in order for Taylor and Harrison to put themselves in the shop window. Bradley in for Newey.
18 - Marshall
MISS PEN - Grabban
31 - Grabban
54 - Pell
61 - Grabban
74 - Colbeck
90+3 - Holroyd
Analysis: An end of season belter to finish League 2. Target 100 achieved and Lewis Grabban wins League 2's Top goalscorer award with his 28th and 29th league goals of the season, 31 in all competition's. Holroyd again scored from the bench, Marshall started and scored but Hereford made the game what is was bring it back to 2-1 and 3-2.

Club Player of the Season - Danny Schofield

View attachment 209998View attachment 209999View attachment 210000
Danny Schofield has played in every game of Rotherham's campaign, League and Cup and what a player he is. 13 assists and 16 goals and has proved at 32 years old, He's still got a couple more years yet. Largely right footed playing on the left wing he has been a threat all season long. The only other to have played more minutes than Schofield was goalkeeper Conrad Logan who didnt miss anything this year and he definately was a contender but Danny took some beating. Fantastic!

Manager of the Year for Saunt
View attachment 210003

Last edited:
congrats on your first season i hope you do0 very well in league one next year

Thanks mate, Need to revamp cause Logan and Tavernier were only on loan so theyll be a big loss and in midfield i'll lose Wildig and Lucas and they were pretty decent. Gotta find some class for League 1.
Initial transfer budget has been set at £12k so not expecting to uproot any trees next year.
Loans and frees will again be the order of the day.

yeah job well done, but I am not happy that my team Barnet didn't get promoted in your save, I got them promoted in first year adn man was that challenging.

by the way Rotherham finished second in my save, so my challenge was little bit harder than yours :) (only joking)

check it out:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/87165-bees-revolution-2.html

To be fair, Barnet would be a lot harder but its my first ever completed season in League 2 so i wanted a little challenge. Macclesfield would be a monster of a challenge, They are the team you can never see on my league tables haha, Unbelievably poor.

Thanks for posting your Barnet story up. I was looking for it when you posted on the Moderator's story thread but could only find your Inter game. Ill check it out buddy.