Some god signings mate, you should do well in League 2.....Maybe even League 1 with the right signings....but the Championship will be hard

Good luck mate really like this story and have a look at mine if ya have chance m8 :D

Some god signings mate, you should do well in League 2.....Maybe even League 1 with the right signings....but the Championship will be hard

Cheers buddy. I'm hoping not to make too many more signings, want to keep the continuity. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Good luck mate really like this story and have a look at mine if ya have chance m8 :D

Cheers mate, appreciate it. Just commented on it mate.

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

images

***** TRANSFER NEWS *****

AFC Wimbledon have spent 16k on Notts County's Craig Westcarr. Westcarr is the 8th player to join this season, and he follows the signing of ex-Manchester United starlet Sean McGinty who joins on a free transfer.

images

Manager Andy Samuels put this statement on the club's website. '' I'm delighted to welcome Craig Westcarr(above) to the club, and pleased this opportunity has presented its self to us. Craig is established at this level and will bring an extra experience, that I felt we have been lacking, to a very young inexperienced squad at this level, although I have the utmost confidence thay will adapt very quickly to the rigours of this league. Also joining is Sean McGinty, who will be back up to start with to our three centre backs, I have high hopes that McGinty can follow in Conor Coady's footsteps and take every opportunity that he gets and become a regular in the team''.

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

NORTHWICH 0 - 8 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Great start to the pre-season with a complete demolition of the non-league side. Danny Kedwell(4,38,Pen,75), Nikola Saric(14,76,86), Christian Jolley(31) and Luke Moore(52) got the goals.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 3 SWANSEA

images

I was generally pleased with thsi performance as the new signings got more game time to get used to how we play. Craig Beattie(2,35) and Lee Lucas(83) got the goals for the away side. Nathan Korentang(20) and Brett Johnson(91) were our scorers in this entertaining friendly.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 3 FULHAM

images

We welcomed Premiership side Fulham today, and we didn't disgrace ourselves at all, with abit more luck we could've drawn the game. Sean McGinty(O.G,10) got us and himself off to the worse possible start, Faris Haroun(24) doubled the lead for the away team. Danny Kedwell(34) continued his fine goal scoring form. Alexander Kacaniklic(75) regained the two goal advantage, but Nikola Saric(85) pulled a goal back to make the scoreline look more respectable.

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 0 ROTHERHAM

images

A fine performance against the newly promoted Rotherham, was especially pleased as thsi would be the type of team we would be up against regularly this season. Danny Kedwell(44), Nathan Korentang(67) and Christian Jolley(72) were the match winners.

NORTH FERRIBY 0 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A pleasing way to end the pre-season campaign, and again a clean sheet. Nikola Saric(9), Conor Coady(40) and Toni Silva(89) scored as we ran out easy winners.

I was really pleased how we played in pre-season and delighted that everyone of the new signings except Craig Westcarr got some valuable game time and also the fitness levels were put through their paces.
After the friendlies and looking back, I was feeling confident that with abit of luck and staying mainly injury free we could have a successful season.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 1

AFC WIMBLEDON 0 - 0 MACCLESFIELD

images

Not the start I would have hoped, but we had to take into account that we had 5 new signings in the starting line up, although Saric and Coady had been with us last season it would take a while for them to get back into what I expect from my team. Making their first ever appearances for us were Stephen Henderson and Craig Westcarr. It was Westcarr that was guilty of missing two great chances to get us a win our play desereved, but it wasn't meant to be today.

CARLING CUP 1st ROUND

AFC WIMBLEDON 0 - 2 SWANSEA

images

This gave us a chance to get our own back from pre-season, but it wasn't meant to be. Although we weren't going to go far in this competition we put up a great fight. The difference between the two sides was down to goals from David Edwards(21) and Scott Sinclair(51). Although we got defeated we could now concentrate on the League and also the Johnstone Paint Trophy which I have my eye on aswell.

***** Next Update in next couple of days, as moving house still. :)

Forgot to add my squad and the finances for the start of the new season.

Have a nice weekend guys, please comment if you have time.

good read here, mate!
good luck for the league and Johnstone Paint Trophy!

good read here, mate!
good luck for the league and Johnstone Paint Trophy!

Thanks buddy for the comment. Glad u like it.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Next update will hopefully be tonight or tomorrow. Just finished moving out of house. Post a comment and let me know your thoughts so far.

Thanks all those that are following, and have commented. Really appreciate it.

Thanks all. :)

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 2

BURTON 1 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Back into league action today and I was hoping for a reaction from the players following our defeat in the League Cup.
And I got the response I was after, we went ahead through Danny Kedwell(21), but were soon pegged back by a Andrew Corbett(35)strike. Sammy Moore(39) quickly restored our lead, and new signing Craig Westcarr(54) scored on his debut to put the game out of reach.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 3

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 0 YEOVIL

images

Our game against Yeovil, who were relegated from the League 1, was to be our first real test, unfortunately the game was marred by a nasty rib injury to Nikola Saric, which resulted in him being ruled out for 8 weeks. The injury didn't stop the team getting a fantastic result though, Sammy Moore(22), Danny Kedwell(55) and Craig Westcarr(83) continued their fine goalscoring run.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 4

SHREWSBURY 0 - 0 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Despite this being a goalless draw, we continued our fine run in the league, still remaining unbeaten. The only incident of note was Ian Sharps(Sent off, 68) for a professional foul, and even though we had a man advantage we couldn't find that elusive goal.

images

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY SOUTH 1st ROUND

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 4 CHELTENHAM

images

I felt that following on from our trip to Wembley last season, this was a competition I hoped we could win and the players would relish another trip down Wembley Way. We found ourselves 2 nil down inside 20 minutes, goals from Frankie Artus(14) and Wesley Thomas(19). Danny Kedwell(Pen,44) scored right before half time and when Kedwell(49) scored again I thought we would push on and win the game. Cheltenham on the other hand had other ideas, Brian Smikle(61)and Steve Elliott(72) put the away side through and left me feeling deflated. The only positive I had to take was that maybe with our small squad and the League being our priority, maybe it's a blessing we are out!!!

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 5

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 1 SOUTHEND

images

The main question today was, how was our bounce back ability?? And in one word 'poor'. The loss of Nikola Saric has seemed to hit the team hard and we were missing that bit of quality in the final third, and today's game was no different, we had to scrap right to the end to get a point. Jonny Herd(Pen,17) scored from the spot after a mistake by Brett Johnson. Things got worse in the second half as our main goal threat Danny Kedwell(Sent off,71) was shown a straight red for a horror tackle, something that he has done last season aswell, leaving us to battle for a point, and Ismail Yakubu(82) rose late in the game to head home the equaliser.
**Danny Kedwell got fined a weeks wages after his dismissal today**

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 6

LINCOLN 1 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON
images

A makeshift strike force today with Craig Westcarr playing as the lonely striker and Luke Moore in behind him, as we were missing Nikola Saric still and the suspended Danny Kedwell for the next 3 games. Luke Hubbins(8) got the home side off to a perfect start and it stayed that way until after a half time dressing down kicked the players into life. First Craig Westcarr(51) and then Brett Johnson(74) put us in front and we managed to hold on.

images

'' Sky Sports News can confirm that AFC Wimbledon have signed Stoke youngster Louis Moult on loan for 3 months, this is to cover the suspension to Danny Kedwell and injury to Nikola Saic''.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 7

MORECAMBE 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

I gave Louis Moult his debut today, even though he hadn't trained or met any of the players, but sometimes a gamble pays off. I went with a 442 formation which i use when Nikola Saric is unavailable, as we don't have anyone who can fill his role at present. Brett Johnson(7) and the new boy Louis Moult(28) gave us a great lead at the interval. Michael Ngoo(47) scored straight from the restart to half the deficit, but my gamble paid off even more when Louis Moult(54) scored with a delightful chip and got his second and our third of the game. Chris Shuker(64) ensured a nail biting finish but again we hung on in there and claimed the 3 pts.
**Sammy Moore picked up an injury in today's game ruling him out for 7 weeks.**

images

'' In response to the injury to Sammy Moore, AFC Wimbledon have again been busy by bringing in West Ham starlet George Moncur on loan for 3 months to help ease a miini injury crisis at the Surrey club''.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 8

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 2 OXFORD

images

Both Louis Moult and George Moncur made their home debuts and it would of been winning ones had we not switched off late in the game. Josh Payne(13) scored against the run of play to stun the home fans, but we were back on level terms through Craig Westcarr(27). It was Westcarr(63) with his fifth of the season who put us infront. Only for a lapse of concentration in the final minutes to allow James Constable(88) the opportunity to equalise much to my annoyance.

We have started off the season really well, and our unbeaten in the league at present. Major concern I have is the amount of injuries we are picking up and to crucial players and parts of the team that are hard to replace.

Here is the current League table after 8 games.

some good results there mate, not against Cheltenham but other wise pretty good. 2nd in the league at this early stage as well, and i dont think ull drop below 7th....You aiming for Play Offs?

some good results there mate, not against Cheltenham but other wise pretty good. 2nd in the league at this early stage as well, and i dont think ull drop below 7th....You aiming for Play Offs?

Thanks mate, annoyed still with losing in the JPT as wanted to go far in it. I'm hoping for top 3, if not promotion.All Depends if the stupid amount of injuries I get stop us.

Thanks.

I love lower league stories :) keep up the great work man!

(have a squiz at mine if you fancy it haha)

Good story, and a really good start to league 2. And if you keep finances at a good level you should be able to build the club up well.

Good story, and a really good start to league 2. And if you keep finances at a good level you should be able to build the club up well.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping to do, get a good FA cup run and draw a big team away to boost finances more.

Thanks for the great comment.

Good story. Keep up the good work, great start to league 2. Definitely following :)

Think you've missed alot out on mine bud! aint commented for a while :( you still following? whens your next update?

Think you've missed alot out on mine bud! aint commented for a while :( you still following? whens your next update?

Ive been moving out of my house, so have only had little chance to get on here mate, yeah course i'm still following yours, once i say i am thats it i stay by my word. :)

Will go look and read now.

Thanks for your comments, next update tonight hopefully.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

great stuff mate :)

Cheers buddy. :)