Great work, and Petrucci should be a brilliant season. It looks like AFC Wimbledon are the new... Wimbledon!

Yeah hope is a great signing. Haha, nearly the mew Wimbledon, few more successes I hope than what the old Wimbledon achieved!!

Thanks mate.

nice story man! you can storm league one easily ;) all you need is another vinnie jones! Keep going mate!

nice story man! you can storm league one easily ;) all you need is another vinnie jones! Keep going mate!

Thanks for confidence booster mate. Yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to find, but struggling as players I want are too much. Oh well, hopefully Michael Potts can turn into a Vinnie. Lol.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

images

*** ANOTHER RECORD BID REJECTED ***

'' After AFC Wimbledon turned down a £350,000 bid for Conor Coady last week from Wigan. Today another Premiership side have been rebuffed in their attempts to prise another AFC Wimbledon youngster away from the club, this time it's Sean McGinty who is at the centre of a £450,000 bid from Bolton Wanderers. Again, AFC Wimbledon manager Andy Samuels was quick to dismiss the bid and stated that although not a regular yet in the first team, McGinty is a huge prospect for the future and Samuels wants to keep him at the club.''

***** A busy week leading upto our first game of the season, which hopefully hasn't distracted the squad too much, with two premiership clubs confirming and making offers for two of our promising players. Although both bids have been rejected, I'm pleased that the big boys are starting to notice the players and work we are doing here.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 1

NORTHAMPTON 1 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

We kicked off the League season with the pundits calling this a six pointer even though it's the opening game. I made sure I put that message to the players and told them that we can prove the doubters wrong. Our plans were thrown out the window as Marko Mitrovic(1) broke free inside the opening minute and put the home side ahead. Alan McCormack(10) got us back in the game with a trademark piledriver and got his first for the club. Jamie Reckford(Sent off,41) was sent to the dressing room early, after a two footed lunge. With the man advantage we took hold of the game more and eventually got infront through Conor Coady(53) who headed home, what proved to be the winner.

images

LEAGUE CUP 1st ROUND

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 BOURNEMOUTH

images

Having fallen at the first hurdle last season this draw, gave us a good chance to progress to the next stage. It was Conor Coady(17) who headed the winner in this game and it could've been more as we out played Bournemouth for a large portion of the game. Im pleased with the win, and i'm sure once the new signings have gelled alot more i'm sure we can win games more confidently.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 2

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 1 BRENTFORD

images

A great win today infront of our home supporters and a great performance to go with it.
The first half was very even, with us just maybe shading the possession. After a rousing half time team talk, Danny Kedwell(70) put us ahead with a powerful header from a corner. I then thought we would kick on and score next, but after some excellent saves from the Brentford keeper, Lewis Grabban(90) looked to have made us rue our chances, but from kick off Danny Kedwell(91) found himself with only one defender to beat, which he did and slotted home under the advancing keeper to give us the win we deserved.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 3

NOTTS CO 0 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Both sides who got promotion last season faced each other, in what again the so called experts were calling a relegation battle, despite our good start.
A good team performance, especially from Stephen Henderson in goal, proved to be a the foundation as we won our third consecutive game in the league. Conor Coady(25) continued his fine goalscoring form as he again scored a header from a corner.

images

LEAGUE CUP 2nd ROUND

NOTTINGHAM FOREST 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Get In!!!! Fantastic result against a strong Forest from the Championship. Danny Kedwell(8) smashed us into the lead from just inside the 18 yard box. Garath McCleary(26) pulled the hosts back as he tapped in from close range. Gonzalo Garcia Garcia(56) scored shortly after the break to give Forest the lead. Then enter our captain marvel, Danny Kedwell(59) equalised as he finished of a great move and through pass started from Michael Potts. With the game looking to be heading towards extra time, Danny Kedwell(72) was through on goal, and he calmly placed the ball into the corner, to seal his hat-trick.
For the third season running we have drawn Man City away again!!!!!!!!!

Here is the League table.

Last edited:
congrats on gettining into league 1 man Get BRANDY!!!!! he is doing so well for me

awesome story man really enjoyable read KIU and best of luck against city!

Well done mate
3rd in League 1 is great

Last edited:
brandy just scored 11 goals in one month for me.... by the way 3rd thats awesome congrats for you

brandy just scored 11 goals in one month for me.... by the way 3rd thats awesome congrats for you

Thats decent, will have a look at him when i next get on the game. Thanks buddy, hope i can keep it going for all season long.

images

MATCHDAY 4

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 TRANMERE

images

Back to league buisness today, and another home win to go with it. We dominated for large periods of the game and although we were hit by an injury to Alan McCormack early on, it didn't alter the way we played. A Michael Potts(34) screamer was worthy of winning any game, and he will be delighted with opening his account for us in some style.

images

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY(SOUTH) 1st ROUND

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 CRYSTAL PALACE

images

A big test in this competitions, that I placed high on our list of winning. A diffucult ask against a Palace side relegated the previous season. I was very pleased after todays game, with how the team is shaping up and especially our centre back partnership of Conor Coady and Pablo Mills. And it was the latter Pablo Mills(7) who scored at the second attempt after his intial header was saved, that gave us the win and put us through to play Bristol Rovers in the 2nd round.

images

MATCHDAY 5

HARTLEPOOL 1 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

We went behind early on with a goal by Ashley Hemmings(2) to give the home side a dream start. But Christian Jolley(11) soon levelled the scores, and just before half time Alex Nicholls(43) scored what turned out to be the winner, when he placed the ball into the net after a good move on the edge of the box.

images

MATCHDAY 6

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 1 ROCHDALE

images

This performance was our most pleasing in the league so far, as everyone looks to be finally settling in and understanding how we want to effect each game. An Joe Heath(own goal,18) settled some early nerves, and they were soon gone when Sam Hatton(34) scored a trademark free kick. Jason Kennedy(45) did pull a goal back, to make me alter my half time talk slightly. Pablo Mills(57) netted a powerful header to continue his current scoring form.

images

MATCHDAY 7

GILLINGHAM 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

This was a cracker of a game, with both teams attacking from the off, and trying to out score one another. We struck first through Danny Kedwell(15) getting his 6th of the season. Arron Davies(30) then levelled for the Gills, and thats how it stayed till half time. Pablo Mills(59) scored again, with a typical header from a corner to gives us the advantage. Ben Hutchinson(75) equalised and the home side thought they were heading for a share of the spoils, but again Pablo Mills(85) was on hand to score the winner, latching onto a flick header from Conor Coady.

***** I've been delighted with our start to life in league One, and especially how the new signings have fitted in, hopefully if we stay clear of any serious injuries, we can have another successful season.

Here is League table at present.

Due to the great new changes on the FM-Base site now, i've made a few changes to some of the logos i'm using with the story, hope you still like it just as much. Thanks for all the great comments so far, this story will keep going till I'm the best manager on the game and top of the hall of fame.

Thanks again.

Good start to the season mate. Another promotion for your team perhaps :D