npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 31

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 MORECAMBE

images

Despite all our pressure and possession, we only mananged to win by one goal, on this snowy evening. It wasn't until the last ten minutes of the match that we finally broke the deadlock through Craig Westcarr(82).

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 32

OXFORD 1 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Both teams started this game with their eyes on promotion, with each side going all out for the three points. Craig Westcarr(27) gave us a half time lead, but we were pegged back with a Josh Walker(62) goal. Danny Kedwell(71) was on hand to tap in, after a great move, and seal the win for us.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 33

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 BARNET

images

Barnet were reduced to ten men just into the second half, Ruben Hazell(Sent off,47) was dismissed, for the games first talking point, as he brought down Nikola Saric in the box. Steven Gregory(Pen,47) scored the only goal of what was a very dull game, especially in the first half.

FA CUP 5th ROUND

MAN CITY 3 - 0 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

All I asked from the team today was, could we better the 7 - 1 loss last time we played City. And the boys performed like troopers. We were one nil down at half time through a goal by Kolo Toure(19). We started the second quite brightly but two smart saves from Joe Hart thwarted any possible equaliser we were pressing for. Adam Johnson(54) and Emmanuel Adebayor(86)added the other goals for City in the second half, as we put in a outstanding performance over the ninety minutes.

***** Next update will be later. :)

nice story mate! good perspective coming from the first person! nice to see wimbledon promoted too!

Just had a read of your whole story and it looks really good. You should win league 2 with ease and unlucky to get defeated again by City. KIU mate! 8-|

nice story mate! good perspective coming from the first person! nice to see wimbledon promoted too!

Thank you buddy really appreciate those comments.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Just had a read of your whole story and it looks really good. You should win league 2 with ease and unlucky to get defeated again by City. KIU mate! 8-|

Wow, thank you for reading it all and that you are enjoying it. Yeah hopefully promotion again too. Annoying I got drawn City again, but the financial reward was nice.

Cheers mate.

how many games left, buddy?

Got 13 games left mate.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

***** Next update will be over the weekend. Check out the new sig. ;)

Have a good weekend all.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 34

AFC WIMBLEDON 0 - 0 BURY

images

Following our exhausting efforts against Man City, I rotated a few players around and it showed, as the players that came in were off the pace. It was a surprise that both goalkeepers were the best performers on the pitch today, even though both team had few chances on target.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 35

ALDERSHOT 1 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

I persisted with the side that started against Bury, in the hope to get the fringe players up to regular football, and increase morale, so if or when needed they can slot straight into the first team. It was yet another frustrating day, as the first was dull to say the least. Christian Jolley(46) set the start of the second half alight by scoring a neat volley, and from here I thought we could extend our lead at the top, only to be proved wrong as four minutes later James Walker(50) equalised, and we yet again had to do with a draw.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 36

BRADFORD 3 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Fielding our strongest available team we were left humiliated today despite making a great start through Danny Kedwell(14), Leon Osbourne(29) levelled for the Bantams, as Bradford took the game by the scruff of the neck. Both sides went in level at half time and we had our keeper Stephen Henderson to thank for that. The second half continued much the same as Bradford ended it, with continuos attacks on our goal, and they finally scored two goals in the space of four minutes through James Hanson(74) and Omar Daley(78) to seal victory and consign us to our worse run of matches for a long period.

Despite our poor form in the last 3 games, we still sit top by 5 points from Notts County in second. With 10 games left i'm hoping we don't start to feel the pressure and buckle under it and finish second, especially as the title is in our own hands!!!

League Table below.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 37

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 1 TORQUAY

images

We stopped our recent poor form with a great performance against lowly Torquay. All the the games came after a goalless first half. Mathieu Manset(62) scored the opener, but Billy Kee(69) equalised shortly after, Luke Moore(88) and Mathieu Manset(93) sealed the win late into the game as we got back to winning ways.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 38

CREWE 1 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Going to Gresty road on the back of a good win, made me think that we could come away with something from this game. Crewe though took the lead through Clayton Donaldson(40) and that's how it stood till Danny Kedwell(78) capitalised on a mistake by the Crewe defender to slot home.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 39

AFC WIMBLEDON 4 - 2 CHESTERFIELD

images

We knew that if we remained unbeaten for the remainder of our games we would seal the league title, and after a superb showing against a good Chesterfield side, I felt confident that we could achieve promotion at least.
Sam Hatton(2) scored his first of the season with a sublime 30 yard free kick. Craig Davies(11) broke the offside trap and scored with a placed finished. Mathieu Manset(20) then put us infront with an unstoppable right footed volley to give us the lead at half time. After the break Danny Kedwell(58) finished off a fine move to put us further in front. Sammy Moore(67) sealed the win with a great finish from distance.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 40

CHELTENHAM 0 - 0 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

With the potential promotion decider up next after this game, and with our opponents in the relegation zone, I felt confident of a win by resting our star players. And although we kept our unbeaten run intact, it was a pretty poor performance. It also made me realise more that some of the fringe players that I thought were capable of providing me with competition look less likely to do that in the future.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 41

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 0 NOTTS CO

images

This game pitted us in first against Notts County in second, and with our eleventh sell out of the season, our fans were treated to a master class of clinical finishing by the newly joint top scorer in the clubs history.
We started off brightly and were unlucky not to be infront twice before we actually did take the lead, the post denying us on both occasions. Then in first half stoppage time Danny Kedwell(45) dived to meet a Sam Hatton cross and guide his header into the corner of the net. Into the second half and again we took the upper hand by keeping the away side camped in their own half, and from a corner the ball got looped into the air and there was Danny Kedwell(73) to head past the opposition keeper and seal PROMOTION TO LEAGUE ONE!!!!!!!

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 42

EXETER 1 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

We took our promotion celebrating fans down to St James's Park, looking to continue the party, but we had to settle for a point after a entertaining end to end match. Mathieu Manset(41), who was playing his last game before returning to Reading, scored before half time with a powerful left footed effort from the edge of the area. Jerel Ifil(48) scored with a header from the corner we conceeded right from kick off.

I'm delighted with promotion to League One, and now I hope we can continue our good run of form and seal the title. It's also been very pleasing that we have sold our stadium out eleven times to date, and also our finances are in a good state showing a positive 1.2 million in the bank.

Here is the current league table.

great story mate, pleased you are playing as the proper Wombles! Keep it up

Congrats mate, love this story

best one in a long time

just started a Yeovil story hope its approved lol KIU

Congrats mate, love this story

best one in a long time

just started a Yeovil story hope its approved lol KIU

Thank you mate, that means alot, glad u are enjoying it. Look forward to the Yeovil story.

Thanks again.

kl mate, I suggest Jordan Rhodes if you have a sufficient budget

Just read right through the story absolutely quality with a few good loan signings you should do really well in League 1 :)

kl mate, I suggest Jordan Rhodes if you have a sufficient budget

Yeah, had my eye on him, but Huddersfield just got promoted to Championship. :( lol.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Just read right through the story absolutely quality with a few good loan signings you should do really well in League 1 :)

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments.

Just posting update with last few games of League Two. Then will get looking for players to improve squad.

Yeah not really worried about League 1, but excited to see what happens in Championship since that is where the struggle is.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 43

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 1 HARTLEPOOL

images

We knew that any positive result today would mean we could secure the title and although it wasn't the win we wanted, the point was enough.
Gavin Massey(21) tried to ruin the party when he gave the away side the lead, but Sam Hatton(43) levelled with one of his trademark free kicks, blasting the ball home from 35 yards. There were no more goals in the second half, and the point meant we were CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 44

NORTHAMPTON 2 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

With the title in the bag, I still expected us to finish the season on a professional note, and keep the unbeaten run going, so we could take it into next season. Nikola Saric(38) scored from close range, with Billy Kee(42) levelling the scores just before the interval. Kee(77) looked to have sealed a home victory, but Toni Silva(88) scored from a Westcarr cross in the closing stages, to tie the game up.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 45

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 2 ACCRINGTON

images

Despite a late surge from Accrington, this game was over after 30 minutes. First Nikola Saric(17) opened the scoring, this was followed by a lucky goal for Craig Westcarr(24) and Danny Kedwell(Pen,31) scored from the spot after Westcarr was brought down. Raymond Putterill(40) slide home just before half time. Even though we pressed to add to our score, Ollie Lee(83) set up a nail biting finish despite our domination.

npowerhead.jpg

MATCHDAY 46

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 1 STEVENAGE

images

We ended the season in front of a full house of estatic supporters and to top it all of a deserved victory was witnessed by our loyal fans.
Christian Jolley(18) volleyed us in front and Craig Westcarr(45) headed home in stoopage time. Stevenage tried to spoil the party when Scott Laird(Pen,50) scored from the spot after Conor Coady was harshly judged to have held him back. We hung on in there in the last few minutes, but when the whistle went, the fans celebrated with the rest of the players and can look forward to next season with more optimism.

***** Absolutely delighted with the way we handled ourselves this season, the only down side being the amount of draws we had, but pleasing that we only lost a handful of games. Next season will sure prove to be our toughest yet, and i'm busy looking at ways to strengthen the squad so we can compete at the top end of the league.

END OF SEASON SUMMARY:

Manager of the Year - Andy Samuels

Fans' Player of the Year - Danny Kedwell

Biggest Win - Vs Crawley(h) 4 - 0

Biggest Defeat - Vs Man City(a) 3 - 0

Top Goalscorer - Danny Kedwell 28goals

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - 16k Craig Westcarr from Notts Co

Highest Transfer Fee Received - 9k James Mulley to Burton

Here is the Final League Table, Finance sheet and Squad.

Yeah not really worried about League 1, but excited to see what happens in Championship since that is where the struggle is.

Cheers mate, I'm worried about League 1, lol. Got some big teams in there!!

Thanks for comment buddy. :)