Age Of Empires (Original) Multiplayer

Kris

Reaction score
Well after reading Lee's thread & discovering that some of you actually play/played AOE, I thought I would suggest a session for old times sakes in favour of the gash new version.

I am more than happy to play 1,2 or 3 but would prefer the first one. Would be quite cool if we could get some Multiplayer skirmishes or 8 man brawl's on the go.

Anyone keen?

Let me dig it out and I'll get back to you.

would love to play II with a load of guys, despite the graphics being ****** up by windows 7. I've done 3 player over my lan before and it went a bit laggy in places but hopefully this would be fine :)

Would be up for it. I am pretty ****, and haven't played in ages, but have played a bit of Dawn of War the last few days, so I am getting a bit back into strat games :)

I'd love to play AOE II with people. Like the III one too, but II is my personal fav.

Just thought it would be a refreshing change to COD/FIFA & we can always backstab or set up friendship's in exchange for gold or stone.

Also no stormtrooper cheats or cheesesteakjimmy's |)

I'm ****, but I'd give it a go. When would we be starting?

Need to find my CD for it first .. It's been ages since i've played AOE. :mad:

I'd love to play, but rather AOE2 than AOE1 or 3... I consider myself good cause I have played it much and I now how to play SC2 good, but really good.

I can only find AoE II. :S

hmmmm Kris would a better idea be to possibly due this in a few weeks time? Personally I have my AS levels for the next couple weeks and there will be others on here that would want to join in who have GCSEs and A2 exams.

I'll see if I can find One, but I have both II and III.

would love to play II with a load of guys, despite the graphics being ****** up by windows 7. I've done 3 player over my lan before and it went a bit laggy in places but hopefully this would be fine :)

I assume you mean when the grass turns red and the water is all purple? If you just alt + tab out of the game and then find explorer.exe in task manager and end process, then alt + tab back in to the game, the graphics should all be back to normal. My brother and I both have windows 7 laptops and it works for both of us.

Aoe II: the conquerors expansion is still the best for me.

I assume you mean when the grass turns red and the water is all purple? If you just alt + tab out of the game and then find explorer.exe in task manager and end process, then alt + tab back in to the game, the graphics should all be back to normal. My brother and I both have windows 7 laptops and it works for both of us.

Aoe II: the conquerors expansion is still the best for me.

hmmm cheers for that. Will have to give it a try whenever I next play it. Do i have to do that everytime I play the game?

I used to :wub: Age of Empires 2. Trying the French campaign took most of my social life back then. It used to be the old FM |)

hmmm cheers for that. Will have to give it a try whenever I next play it. Do i have to do that everytime I play the game?

Unfortunately yes, because you have to turn explorer.exe back on when you're done playing the game or else your computer is kind of hard to use (ie no taskbar, desktop shortcuts etc.). I have seen files out there that you can add to the game folder, and it will turn off explorer automatically when you start the game, and then automatically restart it when you're done, but I've never personally tried downloading one.