Thank you so much for trying it out and glad it's working for you. Are your team fully familiar with the tactic yet and if so, are you getting some good passing build ups?
I'd say the team is 90% familiar with it. I always watch the goal replays and the build up is superb! A modest team looks like some world beaters. My most noteworthy wins are a 2-0 over Braga, 3-2 over Porto, 3-0 over Benfica and 2-1 over Sporting.

That's great, glad you're enjoying it. How are you finding the bookings, as I do pick up a fair few yellow cards? I love the intensity of the get stuck in instruction though.

That's great, glad you're enjoying it. How are you finding the bookings, as I do pick up a fair few yellow cards? I love the intensity of the get stuck in instruction though.
Don't get me started on the yellow cards! Pick up so many of them but hey, you can't fault a player for playing for the badge!

Don't get me started on the yellow cards! Pick up so many of them but hey, you can't fault a player for playing for the badge!
I tried removing the get stuck in instruction after I was 1 or 2 goals up and it doesn't appear to affect the scoreline, might be worth a shout if you're facing suspensions.

Is there a reason why you put in the central defender?

Is there a reason why you put in the central defender?
I felt the central defender offered a better balance, staying back, but also for possession. The BPD will try some through balls now and again, but the CB just keeps it simple. Feel free to try with 2 BPD's and see what happens.

Just a quick update... As I mentioned in the OP, i'm playing online against my friend (who is the host). After trailing him for past 9 seasons, with the exception of one Premier League win and a couple of European and domestic cup wins. In season 10, I have gone the entire season unbeaten, winning the Premier League, Champions League, and Carabao Cup. I have also beaten all goal scoring records with my striker, scoring 72 goals across all competitions, with 59 in the league. He was rested for the majority of the cup games to rotate the squad. I'll admit that my team is now a very good team, but there is room for improvement. As you can imagine after 10 seasons, the majority of my squad are newgens, but the star ratings are as follows:
SK - 4 Star
WBR - 3.5 Star
BPD - 5 Star
CD - 4 Star
WBL - 4 Star
DLP - 4 Star
BBM - 4 Star
IFL - 4.5 Star
IFR - 5 Star
SS - 4.5 Star
AF - 4.5 Star

Hope you are all finding similar success!

Thanks very much Brownman29, I hadn't seen this! To be honest i'm a little disappointed with the Man City results, but hey ho! I'm also surprised that the strikers failed to score lots, my striker this season has been phenomenal!

have you thought about maybe a Advanced Playmaker instead of the Shadow Striker and Pressing forward too

have you thought about maybe a Advanced Playmaker instead of the Shadow Striker and Pressing forward too
I have tried the AP and AM on attack, but they did not produce the kind of performances I have been getting from the SS. Having said that, it was not a long term test, just for a few games. I have found however that removing the get stuck in instruction does not detriment the results and because of the ridiculous number of cards I was getting, this is now how I play. I've noticed that most of the goals I concede are from through balls, so my next tweak will likely be the defensive width. Thanks for trying it out though, hope you're enjoying it.

yeah I'm enjoying it did notice the loads of bookings did you just remove get stuck in the Team Instruction's plus have found it better with the mentality set as Positive

Last edited:
yeah I'm enjoying it did notice the loads of bookings did you just remove get stuck in the Team Instruction's plus have found it better with the mentality set as Positive
Yes, I just removed get stuck in and it's really helped with the bookings. Thanks for the feedback regarding the mentality, on my original test I did a whole season with positive and it didn't seem quite as effective, but that was all in holiday!

little update tactic is doing not bad with my team now i have been in the top league a few seasons

have you tested anyother striker roles except the AF?
Hi Peter1978, as yet I've only tried the AF. I considered other options, but at this point my striker is scoring for fun, so I can't justify the change. He's very fast and agile and I've got him to move into channels and try to beat the offside trap. Last season he scored 63 goals in the league! Hope it works out for you, but if you try some different roles, would love to hear your feedback. Thanks

Cheers for the reply, I will let you know if I test other roles, though I may just be tweaking for tweakings sake, which is a real problem for me

Cheers for the reply, I will let you know if I test other roles, though I may just be tweaking for tweakings sake, which is a real problem for me
I was getting to the point of doing the same with my 433DM Wide, couldn't get any consistency, but was tweaking all of the time! Having tried so many different roles and shapes, I think I knew the roles and shape that could work, but took me a long time to move away from a tactic that was never going to consistently beat my mate. I decided on roles that I maybe stayed away from originally, as they didn't fit my "Philosophy"... but let's be honest, replicating styles is one thing but getting FM'D all the time is frustrating. Like I mentioned before, if it had been a single player game I would likely have created something quite different. Hope it serves you well.

Believe me. this is the best tactic i've ever found after 2-3 days looking in this site lol