Sometimes I'll change to control and change my DLP (s) to (d).
Meaning that you have an Anchor Man and 2x DLP/D? That's the only change?

You're going to have a disconnect again between your front players and the midfield. If the AI is coming out aggressively, they'll be pushing up in numbers and closing down much more. Lower tempo and retain possession could work against you here because your front players are disconnected and you're asking your players to take longer on the ball than "normal". Depending on what you see in the game, consider either increasing the tempo while keeping possession or take off retain possession and hit them on the counter attack.

It'd be easier to just develop a plan B tactic that takes advantage of these situations on the counter.

Meaning that you have an Anchor Man and 2x DLP/D? That's the only change?

You're going to have a disconnect again between your front players and the midfield. If the AI is coming out aggressively, they'll be pushing up in numbers and closing down much more. Lower tempo and retain possession could work against you here because your front players are disconnected and you're asking your players to take longer on the ball than "normal". Depending on what you see in the game, consider either increasing the tempo while keeping possession or take off retain possession and hit them on the counter attack.

It'd be easier to just develop a plan B tactic that takes advantage of these situations on the counter.

I'll give it a bash next time, cheers. I try not to change too many things because it usually comes back to bite me :(

I'll give it a bash next time, cheers. I try not to change too many things because it usually comes back to bite me :(
Well, it seems like 45-60 mins is the time of the match when you're vulnerable. Have a look in the next match when you take the 1st half lead if the AI is coming out aggressively after half-time. If they are, get a plan B tactic and switch to that next time you're in the same situation.

Take a 1 or 2 goal lead 1st half. AI comes out swinging and you score another on the counter. Game over. :D

Well, it seems like 45-60 mins is the time of the match when you're vulnerable. Have a look in the next match when you take the 1st half lead if the AI is coming out aggressively after half-time. If they are, get a plan B tactic and switch to that next time you're in the same situation.

Take a 1 or 2 goal lead 1st half. AI comes out swinging and you score another on the counter. Game over. :D

Haha all sounds so simple when you write it down :p I understand tactics in real life but for some reason I can never translate it into a really good tactic on FM, I'm one of those people that needs instant success or I will lose faith very and stop trying :(

The thing that really annoys me is the AI only need like 1CCC on average to score whereas I need 2 or 3 CCC to score that's what most of my losses are down to. It doesn't matter who their strikers are or who my strikers are either

I'm a bit of a sore loser admittedly haha but I'd prefer to get hammered 5-0 than lose 2-1 having had 8 CCC and my opponent having had 1 CCC.

Haha all sounds so simple when you write it down :p I understand tactics in real life but for some reason I can never translate it into a really good tactic on FM, I'm one of those people that needs instant success or I will lose faith very and stop trying :(

The thing that really annoys me is the AI only need like 1CCC on average to score whereas I need 2 or 3 CCC to score that's what most of my losses are down to. It doesn't matter who their strikers are or who my strikers are either

I'm a bit of a sore loser admittedly haha but I'd prefer to get hammered 5-0 than lose 2-1 having had 8 CCC and my opponent having had 1 CCC.

tactic please Jean-Luc :D

It is simple. All I do is watch the game. That's how I know what I know.

You're still looking at it as a whole match rather than segments. That's where I've been trying to lead you in the last few posts. They probably have a defensively solid tactic, with you being the "better" team. So you need to work hard to find that opening. It seems like you're able to, because you're taking first half leads even though you miss a few CCCs. That happens. Teams cannot convert every CCC or half-chance.

Here's the part where they're more effective. After half time, they're pushing numbers up while you're still using your normal tactic. You won't have enough players back to make it difficult for them, so they're getting easier chances to score. That's where your counter tactic will do the job. You need to confirm though that this is happening. You're the only one seeing the games. I'm just going by the information you give!

You don't even have to think about it. Take a 1st half lead? Switch to the counter tactic at half time. Up to you if you want to switch back. IMO, if you get a counter goal, switch back as the AI will go back to being defensive.

It is simple. All I do is watch the game. That's how I know what I know.

You're still looking at it as a whole match rather than segments. That's where I've been trying to lead you in the last few posts. They probably have a defensively solid tactic, with you being the "better" team. So you need to work hard to find that opening. It seems like you're able to, because you're taking first half leads even though you miss a few CCCs. That happens. Teams cannot convert every CCC or half-chance.

Here's the part where they're more effective. After half time, they're pushing numbers up while you're still using your normal tactic. You won't have enough players back to make it difficult for them, so they're getting easier chances to score. That's where your counter tactic will do the job. You need to confirm though that this is happening. You're the only one seeing the games. I'm just going by the information you give!

You don't even have to think about it. Take a 1st half lead? Switch to the counter tactic at half time. Up to you if you want to switch back. IMO, if you get a counter goal, switch back as the AI will go back to being defensive.

How long does it take to watch a match in full?

Also does the Counter mentality actually work? I've never had any success with it in all the 5 years I've been playing FM. I usually have more success when playing Defensive or Attacking.

How long does it take to watch a match in full?

Also does the Counter mentality actually work? I've never had any success with it in all the 5 years I've been playing FM. I usually have more success when playing Defensive or Attacking.
I used to watch full matches. You learn a lot from watching them, but I understand not everyone has the time or patience.

Full Match is about 40-45 minutes on normal speed. I watch Comprehensive now and that takes around 20 mins.

I used to watch full matches. You learn a lot from watching them, but I understand not everyone has the time or patience.

Full Match is about 40-45 minutes on normal speed. I watch Comprehensive now and that takes around 20 mins.

Is commentary not good ? why do you watch full matches?

God ****! The thing is I like to watch certain... videos... when I play FM so I don't pay much attention to it once I go 2-0 up anyway

God ****! The thing is I like to watch certain... videos... when I play FM so I don't pay much attention to it once I go 2-0 up anyway
Which is why you're struggling!

Which is why you're struggling!

More than likely. I don't think I'm cut out for this game haha, I don't have the patience or the attention span the play it properly.

Is commentary not good ? why do you watch full matches?
Watching only commentary? No, that's about the worst option possible. You can't see when and how things are going wrong. It's fine if your tactic is that good or you don't care about a loss here or there.

As I said above, I used to watch full matches because you can see the whole game. You can observe the movement of your players. Whether a player is taking another's space etc. You can see the AI going defensive or more attacking. etc etc etc

Please don't tell me you used his tactics? Jean-Luc will feel horrified if you did! :D

You're obviously handling watching on commentary well then!

Just broken the record for most Champions League goals and I've only just gotten past the first knock-out round :eek:! Scored 35 goals!!