leinsterrugby

Banned
Reaction score
why is it so bad after all these years? like its like managers just don't know how to build a squad at all. really annoying and worst part of football manager i think...its not just not good or could be improved it is actualy unbelievably ****

squad building or something should be a manager stat, and if it was every manager in the game would be under 10.

What do you expect...thy based the AI on Hodgson and Benitez :p

Yeah its a joke to watch teams get ruined year after year. I have never seen any team on FM keep making quality signings and staying competitive. Sure the odd big team signed the odd big player but overall they make very poor signings. Anytime you want to change clubs you basically change 90% of the personal over the coarse of your stay. Unless its very early in the game.

arsenal bought hamsik and robben in my game in the years 2011 - 2013

Sunderland always make quality signings, unfortunately for them R. Madrid always steal their players after one season.

Yeah, in general the AI sucks when it comes to signing players. But, on my long term Celtic save, Kilmarnock have bought some amazing players [and nicked some of my coaches. Thanks Killie. <_<] Mind you, they did get a Tycoon takeover.

I don't know why , but always Real Madrid and Barcelona buy quality youngers like :
*Funes Mori
*Yaya Sanogo
*Khouma Babacar
*Marco Fossati
*etc.

And after their 1st season in the club, and get themselves transfer listed with no games played at all.

I don't know is this normal : Real Madrid , bought Marco Amelia and got Lukasz Fabianski on loan, and there's a big WHY?! they have the best goalkeeper in Iker Casillas.

Inter bought Mevlut Erdinc for 22millions and immediately sold him, while he failed to make a single appearance. The same goes with
Chelsea and Liverpool, buying some average players..

I don't really know but there should be more smart buys.. AI managers are like amateurs..

They do everything by reputation. It doesnt matter to the AI if the player doesnt fit their tactics so their squad could totally go bust in about 2 - 3 seasons.

that is why the games no fun after a couple of years, can never understand how people enjoy long term games when the transfer system which is sooo important to the game is so bad. i read it somewhere on here before, if man united finished 4th in the league or outside the cl spots there would be a big shake up at the club, in fm this would barely register. wish whoeever mnakes the game would stop arsing around with brining in ***** new features and fix a basic component of the game.

The AI goes by results and reputation, much like real managers do. If you didn't have the array of stats (ie, Messi has 20 in dribbling, a real life manager can't see that) at your disposal then what are you going to base your buys on? Average rating, goals scored, assists and the players teams performance etc

Simples.

In 2014 I took control of Barca who had signed a few **** players and kept moving on with their veterans such as Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta. In 2014 their CA had dropped a lot, especially Puyol. It was sad to see such bad AI and that no talents had been developed. There was only one quality signing.

The AI goes by results and reputation, much like real managers do. If you didn't have the array of stats (ie, Messi has 20 in dribbling, a real life manager can't see that) at your disposal then what are you going to base your buys on? Average rating, goals scored, assists and the players teams performance etc

Simples.
Intense scouting and good performances in the current club. You can usually get a quality signing then.

Last edited:
i remember i signed neymar for 30 million, then resigned a while after, went on holiday for a few years when i looked at ins and outs, they let him leave for free a year later....idiotic ai.

Exactly. They judge them by their performances, you judge them by their stats.

Erhh... I am sure scouts judge them on stats in real life as well, not numbers of course, but they notice if they have a lot of stamina or are good at dribling as an example. BANG, it's just like in FM, just without the numbers! If the scout scouts the player in 4 games he can have noticed he is maybe good at corners or that his acceleration is good. Also what type of player he is and so on... NOW BACK TO THE GOOD PART! THIS IS THE TIME OF CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!

what's bad is when a team plays a certain formation (4-4-2 diamond for example) the team will buy wingers for no reason.

jesus christ yeah, although i noticed 1 thing i made biesla manager of inter and he plays 3-4-3 yeah, well maicon was sold within 2 weeks to madrid who moved sergio ramos into centre back.....malaga then bought abidol in january......probably the most sensical sequence of events ive noticed in fm.

Arsenal are probably the only team which makes quality signings in my game to actually build a complementary squad after they sacked Wenger in the first season lol.
Chelsea on the other hand just buy at random and waste good talent which are not needed in those positions, and as a result have continuously finished 8th or 9th as of 2016.....

Well, just recently, Inter Milan bought Borja (regen) for £112million. Shows what they know.

But in fairness, he is probably the best striker going currently. This is in 2023.

Man city always make terrible signings in my saves they always sign toni calvo from mallorca its horrendous i want to manage them just to stop them being as ****!

they always sign emre on my game. now emre is a good player, but i really doubt man city would be interested in him considering they already have a player twice as good in david silva. i wouldnt mind if they signed him had fenerbache got to cl semi finals with emre being the focal point that be a nice touch to see the ai being that intelligent but they sign him in the first transfer window in basically every game.