Airdrieonians Diamonds from the rough

September

Our top of the table clash with Falkirk seen us suffer our first defeat of the season, we were 3 goals down at one stage. our next two games were demolitions of the two promoted teams.

Fixtures
View attachment 60491
Rangers U20s put up a decent fight on paper but they basically played our u20s. Falkirk was a disaster going 3 goals down in the first half hour, and got it all the way back to 4-3 with 15 minutes to get a point but the 4th goal never came. Needless to say we were not short of goals in our last two games putting a total of 10 past Ayr and Alloa, 7 of them from Dale Carrick

Championship Table
View attachment 60490
After loosing to Falkirk ourselves and the unbeaten Dundee jump past them to lead the way. Despite our beating Alloa are still mixing it with the top teams and Ross County & Dunfermline one game away from the SPL last season are in the bottom 4.

October

We are once again beaten in a top of the table clash, think maybe im ready too many of Klippybo's posts, before this week

Fixtures
View attachment 60481
Somehow we yet again failed to break down one of our biggest rivals and Dundee got to spend 65 minutes hanging on for the win, A weakend side took a trip over to Ireland for a thriller of a game with Drogheda which was a ding dong battle at 3-3 before we won out in the second half. A shorter trip to Dunfremline needed a comeback to get the 3 points and we had a stunning 2nd half. The second half was much less exciting at home to Ross County where we threw away a 2 goal lead with Countys 2nd goal coming in the 93rd minute. I swore. A LOT

Championship Table
View attachment 60480
Its now a three way tie at the top. Dundee are without doubt my biggest worry as they are still unbeaten and if they could have turned a few of those draws into wins they would be long gone at the top

Interesting story StoneCold! Btw do you mind to post screenshot of Graeme Gebbie please? Because I have a regen with the same name

Interesting story StoneCold! Btw do you mind to post screenshot of Graeme Gebbie please? Because I have a regen with the same name

Funny i had a brilliant keeper called Steven Lemetti in another save, hence why i bought the same named player in this save, Sadly Lemetti in this save was much different and worse.

November

Fixtures
View attachment 60438
We kicked off the month with the worst performance of the season against St Mirren who for the first time looked like a team that was in the SPL for a season, we didnt put a finger on them. Different story when Dundee Utd, Dumbarton and Falkirk got in our way where we won every game by 3 goals, especially with Falkirk being a title rival its nice to see us get a result and we get Dundee in our next game, The only downside was loosing to Dundee Utd in the Irn Bru cup but that was our back up team so no worrys, They will get a chance to get revenge on United in the Scottish cup where i might try harder

Championship Table
View attachment 60437
We regain top spot by a point but were up against our closest rivals who have yet to be beaten, Having said that they have won 8 and drawn 7. Alloa are doing well but Falkirk and St Mirren are the only other teams with a realistic shot, With that said Dunfermline are on a rich run of form.

December

4 wins in a busy December do great things for our title challenge as the side settles, Shame for the youth players missing some action but its a results driven game.

Fixtures
View attachment 60424
After beating Falkirk we give Dundee there first defeat of the season. They fought hard twice to try and keep there record going but if anyone was going to do it! Ayr prove no better than our first match however Alloa show why there fighting in the mid table by giving us our standard defeat of the month before recovering to win at home to Dunfermline and thrashing new closest rival St Mirren. Ross County held us to a draw to keep our feet on the ground.

Championship Table
View attachment 60423
Everything goes our way to move 7 points clear of St Mirren who suddenly appear in 2nd ahead of Falkirk who are ahead of Dundee who had not lost going into December being one point off top spot leave December with 4 defeats and 10 points off top spot.

January

Stop the presses we have a unbeaten month! We won all our 3 of our league games then the kids drew at Dundee United

Fixtures
View attachment 60368
Four days removed from the new year hangovers we beat Dundee Utd in our first game at Tannadice of the month setting up the arrival of the player of the month 16 year old Stuart Christie who scored his first hattrick well ahead of schedule against Dumbarton. We then put Falkirk's reborn title hopes back in a box with another great youth prospect Nicolas Lagneaux and the returning Bonhof ending the league month on a high. We almost had a perfect month till Dundee Utd's two late goals forced a replay which is fine since i play the kids.

Championship Table
View attachment 60367
Our three wins have us 9 points clear with Dundee Utd & Falkirk in tow. At the bottom Dumbarton & Ayr are tied at the bottom with Ross County the only other team in immediate danger

No transfers, 3 u19s go out on loan

Having a really good season so far, almost three times the goal difference of anyone else as well is really impressive

Having a really good season so far, almost three times the goal difference of anyone else as well is really impressive

It can be so frustrating at times as well when we thrash team after team then play a basement dweller and loose. Thats just the game!

February

Dundee Utd ended our Scottish Cup run. A shame considering the League form is starting to reach "invincible" levels. Thats me cursed us now!

Fixtures
View attachment 60199
Between our Dundee Utd cup games we lost to there neighbours Dundee who keep there title challenge alive. After three game with the Dundee teams we got the promoted teams back to back and put 4 goals past both of them before another three goals were put passed Dunfermline

Championship Table
View attachment 60198
With a game in hand we move 8 points clear of St Mirren who seem to be the last challenger to top spot with Dundee in 3rd 16 points back with 8 games to go.

March

A win a draw and a defeat with only three game with the international break robbing us of the last weekend.

Fixtures
View attachment 60091
A goalless draw at home to Ross County despite putting 4 forwards on towards the end but could not break down the Irn Bru cup runner ups. Next up was our win in the biggest game of the season at St Mirren. This is the last time we'll play each other so the potential of a 6 point swing depending on the result but lucky for us it was never in doubt after rushing into a 3 goal lead in the first 25 minutes St Mirren may have given up on the title here. That fact was not lost on the day we were thrashed 3-0 by Dundee Utd where i played far too many kids and it cost us but St Mirren also lost.

Championship Table
View attachment 60090
So the gap remains at 12 points with 15 left to play for, and we have a huge goal difference advantage too. Dumbarton are next up and we'll give the kids another chance, If they win then they can play the rest of the season, if not then we'll drop them all till the title is won.

Youth intake
View attachment 60089View attachment 60088View attachment 60087View attachment 60086
I'm quite sure in my Aberdeen saves i've never had a youth intake as good as Airdrie's in the past 2 season.

End of Season

With time to spare and another St Mirren defeat we secure the Championship title
View attachment 60032

Fixtures
View attachment 60033
Very frustratingly the u19 players go on a 4 game winning run, beating everyone including play off teams Dundee & Falkirk with ease. Plenty of these kids will be looking at 1st team chances next season.

Championship Table
View attachment 60031
The top 4 stayed the same over the last few months
Ayr ended up bottom bottom while Dumbarton scramble to the playoff with a win over Dunfermline on the final day, which cost them a play off spot much like Dundee Utd who were next up for the playoff spot but the lost to Falkirk who nicked the final spot right at the death.

End of Season review 3

Final League Table
View attachment 59984View attachment 59987View attachment 59987
The top 4 stayed the same over the last few months. Ayr ended up bottom bottom while Dumbarton scramble to the playoff with a win over Dunfermline on the final day, which cost them a play off spot much like Dundee Utd who were next up for the playoff spot but the lost to Falkirk who nicked the final spot right at the death.

Playoffs
View attachment 59986
Each round seen the weakest championship team fell, Dundee thrashed Falkirk, St Mirren then sneaked past Dundee 1-0 over 2 legs. In the final St Mirren ended up beating Morton 2-1 in both games to ease back into the top flight with us next season.

Premership Table
View attachment 59985
Celtic are back on top winning the league & cup double led by the inspirational signing of Jonathan Calleri. Rangers were closeish and won the League cup and are well clear of Aberdeen and the Edinburgh teams. Last seasons two promoted teams Morton & Queen of the South

Development League
View attachment 59983
Were up fighting with the Glasgow giants. Maybe next year we can beat them unless everyone move up to the main team!

Airdrie squad
View attachment 59982
As the appearances tell you the season ended early with the best 11 hardly featuring in the final 5 games. 3 new defenders and Mark Bunn in goals made the difference but we'll need to upgrade further for the SPL. I basically spent the money we made on Gavin Milne to pay for the defense this season and had we not got promoted we would have been having to sell some of our best players or letting the high earners move. Going forward Nathan Jordan was the most improved player while Bonhof matched Dale Carrick meaning we could have a strong front line next season while the emergence of 16 year old Stewart Christie could be pushing the main two for a starting spot.

Fans award
Nathan Jordan
View attachment 59980With a incredible 67% of the vote i'm stunned to see Nathan Jordan come from nowhere to take this. Top 3 maybe, Young player of the year definently but it seems i've underestimated one of my young stars

Players of the Year

Nathan Jordan - ML
View attachment 59981
Wow i totally underestimated what Jordan was doing for us. With room to improve at 18 it looks like he will for sure be starting in the SPL next season

Janis Bonhof - AT
View attachment 59978
The 17 year old German ended last season on a high and was a lock down starting player this term. and he almost matched Carrick on the goals front and outperformed him in ave rating

Jake Sheppard - DR
View attachment 59977
After failing to breakthrough at Reading he had stand out performances at Falkirk & Raith leading him into my hands. He's done enough to earn a shot in the SPL but i'll still be looking for improvements with his back up Scott Stewart leaving which could leave him lost in the shuffle

The Kids
View attachment 59976View attachment 59975View attachment 59974
Stuart Christie was the stand out youth player that quickly worked his way into my main 3 strikers and it will be hard to keep him out of the 1st team. Nico Lagneaux has been slowly working into the 1st team and with Ross going back to Aberdeen he has a clear run at starting next season, Austin Stevenson has been a starter since day one and its just a matter of time till he moves to a bigger team with only 2 years left on his current deal. Per Sojberg was our starting Left back but a few made a impact in that spot while

Other
View attachment 59973View attachment 59972View attachment 59971View attachment 59970View attachment 59969
Rastislav Lesko, Ally Main, and several others did a great job stepping in at the end of the season and will get a look in for the SPL squad next season.

Season 4

Summer Friendly's
View attachment 59937
We have two friendlys left to play in the middle of the Betfred Cup. So far we've trashed all the lower league teams as expected so im not to sure where we stand at the moment!

League Odds
View attachment 59936
From being 5/1 favorites last season in the Championship up in the SPL we're now 1001/1 to win the league and tied favorites to be relegated, which to be fair especially when looking at how my summer transfers has gone its to be expected.

Transfers
2 Youngsters that will be on the edges of the first team come in and we have 3 youngsters joining on loan from Europe's biggest teams.

In

Eirick Solberg - MR
View attachment 59935
I love a Solberg, thankfully all these are better than former Don Thomas Solberg! Pace is the name of the game from one of Norway's top prospects. Deal was agreed long ago and is our second Solberg in the squad

Bozo Suto - MC
View attachment 59934
His stats look incredible and after what happened with Stevenson this could be our most valuable signing

Loans
View attachment 59932View attachment 59931View attachment 59930
3 Loans, The first, goalkeeper Victor is causing me no ends of problems where if i sell Bunn i could save £2k on wages but i have nowhere to spend that £2k in wages since nobody is interested in signing. Next up is Loric Mutombo the right back from Paris SG, he'll fight Shephard for the right back spot and Halil Yapici will fill in the midfield spot till some "more exciting" signing come in January

Out
The stand out move is i finally give in and sell Austin Stevenson to Man Utd. There offer see us pick up a guaranteed £3.4m with a few add ons and a huge 40% of the next fee which im guessing since his value has already shot up to £8m makes me pray that they sell him to Real Madrid in January. Sadly he was clearly our best player over the whole save for us so im quite worried about how we'll be without him.
Russell Dingwall & Iain Vigurs were two big players that did so much in our Betfred Cup run in season 2 and key back ups in season 3 that will be getting in the way of youth players
9 youth players are out on loan so if this season is a struggle we have got a pile of future prospects

Worst of all all we get back for the Stevenson money is £10k for wages and £100k in cash.

August

Betfred Cup Group A
View attachment 59896
After the opening game it looked like we were set for the same fate as last season loosing to St Johnstone costing us progression but not so fast. Our first team lost that game but our u19s won the other 3 to get a best 2nd place spot into the last 16

View attachment 59895
Where a back up team once again seen off Dundee Utd and book a place in the Quarter Finals where i may be tempted to play a stronger team

Back to the league i wasnt sure how long it would last so here was the table after week 1 where we managed to jump Aberdeen to go top, It lasted for 2 more weeks

View attachment 59893

Fixtures
View attachment 59894
The season kicked off with the two promoted teams facing off in a mismatch, We havent improved in my opinion this summer our new 4th choice striker Salvador Soriano struck twice in the trashing, Our first away game of the season was to Hearts and despite all Craig Levine's back chat we trounced them Soriano opened the scoring with established starters Stevens & Bonhof, The latter two struck again at home to Hamilton cementing the player of the month award for Gary Mackay Stevens. Just when the world was looking to be beyond a dream Rangers came along. A record crowd & ticket cash was the good news, and i mean all the good news. We were totally outclassed by AVB and his Rangers team.

SPL Table
View attachment 59892
That Rangers game was for the top of the table but still 2nd is miles beyond what i expected and even more amazingly we have the top 3 scorers in the league. Celtic only win 2 of there first 4, amature's!

Transfers
View attachment 59891

In

Two youngsters come from Spain and we loan Horace Lavine from Man Utd for a second season
View attachment 59890View attachment 59889View attachment 59888

3 Youngsters go out on loan and my good old friends on the board decide to sell Ally Main at the very last minute of the transfer window leaving me with no cover at left back, a pathetic £600k for one of Scotlands top LB prospects and then a few days later decide they want to sell the club. twats!

September

Betfred Cup Q/F
View attachment 59756
Fresh from being thrashed by Rangers we quickly were thrust into a cup game with Celtic. Thankfully they gave me a weaker team to play against but still managed to rush into a 2 goal lead at half time. We kicked into life after the hour mark with Bonhof scoring twice to force extra time. In extra time Bonhof completed his hatrick right at the start of extra time before Lagneaux closed the game to send home our 10,101 record gate receipts of £130k, more than our total income for a month in League 1.

Rangers again in the semi finals
View attachment 59753

Fixtures
View attachment 59755
In the league St Johnstone keep up there unbeaten record against me but needed a 93rd minute equalizer to keep that going. We then thump Hibs going 3 goals clear with teenagers Lagneaux & Bonhof combining with new signing Suto to go 3 goals clear. Hibs crawled it back to 3-2 as we seemed set to loose another lead but we held on.

SPL Table
View attachment 59752
Rangers still lead the way but ourselves & Hibs are only 3 points behind while Celtic are only 4th. Aberdeen & Hearts slow starts go on not looking like there going to kick on any time soon but still MUCH better than Killie

Last edited:

October

Our Betfred cup run comes to an end as Rangers outclass us for the second time, they looks like Scotland's top team

View attachment 59717

Fixtures
View attachment 59716
Our terrible form against terrible teams goes on as Kilmarnock are unlucky to end up with a draw before the tragedy of the season so far when we were in the 95th minute and ready to leave Parkhead with a point when Calleri came along and took all 3 points for Celtic. Throw the Rangers game and thats a horrible 3 match run, by far our worst of the season. We got back to winning ways with wins at home to Partick Thistle & Motherwell to keep us at the right end.

SPL Table
View attachment 59715
Rangers have a 5 point window at the top then we lead the way as the best of the rest. As it sits just now that game with Celtic was a huge swing that stop us being right on Rangers tail with a game in hand rather than being locked with Celtic, Hibs and Hearts.

Current SPL Managers
View attachment 59714
A Update to who all our current main managers are. Hamilton's boss is my favorite Pedro Caixinha.

November

Three tight games but three wins keeping our amazing start going.

Fixtures
View attachment 59655
I was worried with the game at St Mirren and Hamilton with our form against struggling teams and true to form we ended the first half 1 goal down to St Mirren till teenage strikers Bonhoff & Christie turned the game on its head, Against Hamilton it was the other way around as we went ahead with Caxinah's boys fighting back to be done in by a own goal killing the game then we rounded our a perfect month with a late Bonhof goal beating Hearts and sticking it to Craig Levine again!

SPL Table
View attachment 59654
Rangers still lead the way but only 2 points clear of the league's form team. Hibs are keeping in touch but Celtic are having a awful season in 4th but better than 8th place Aberdeen who have almost half the points we do. Hibs are between us but have just lost Neil Lennon too the Northern Ireland job so a new boss is required at Easter Road

December

The SPFL crammed in 8 games through a really busy December. Our results were incredible outside the old firm who we still cant lay a finger on.

Fixtures
View attachment 59635
Struggling Aberdeen were our first victims with 3 teenagers helping us go 4 clear before a late consolation for the Dons, Our trip to Ibrox was nothing short of a disaster, not sure how were going to beat the old firm as we tried to defend and counter against Rangers, then played our usual style against Celtic and in neither game did we look like getting close to them. Thankfully normal order was restored against Hibs, St Johnstone & Kilmarnock seen us score 11 goals in those 3 games with only one strike from Dale Carrick being from a player over 19 years old. We ended up dropping our only points away from the old firm away to Aberdeen the night after they sacked Derek McInnes. Not offered me the job but more on that later. We've alredy established that the Celtic game was a waste of time but we came out with more kids than ever for a trip to Partick Thistle and by god they scored 7 times to go into the winter break where we have 18 days without a game.

SPL Table
View attachment 59634
Dont adjust your sets folks but the Championship winners are LEADING, yes LEADING the league and its all thanks to the kids suddenly hitting form and first team level at the right time. Elsewhere we have the Old Firm who we cant beat s owe join them at the top. Hibs and Hearts find a bit of distance between them and the teams above and below. Bonhof's red hot goal streak has him leading the golden boot race!

Manager changes
View attachment 59633
As well as McInnes two other manager changes were complete in December. Hibs too over 3 weeks to choose Steve Clarke, recently sacked by bottom of the table Kilmanock to take over there flagging title challenge while over at Kilmarnock Paul Hartley is back after taking Falkirk to two playoffs in two seasons he's finally in the SPL but for how long?

On a great run of form recently, hope a couple of your fans put a couple quid on you to win the title