Airdrieonians Diamonds from the rough

On a great run of form recently, hope a couple of your fans put a couple quid on you to win the title

To be fair there is only 10,500 seat we really need to raise the cash for a bigger stadium before i can get too upset with them

January

We come back from the break with wins in the league and cup but come a cropper away to Hamilton on the 30th as i decide to make minimal moves in the transfer window

Aberdeen finally put in a offer for me
View attachment 59549

But ended up with David Moyes, i'd take that in real life
View attachment 59548

Fixtures
View attachment 59550
2021 kicked off with a dirty game at Motherwell where both teams ended with 10 men and u20 player Solberg scored both goals. We had a thrilling cup tie at Partick where twice ahead but we showed some grit and resolve and relied on the old 27 year old legs of Dale Carrick to get into the 5th round. St Mirren were on the end of another thumping before we hosted Hamilton and put in one of our worst perfromances in the save failing to get a shot on goal till the last 15 minutes where we did equalize before our gung ho attack led to a 95th minute winner from Eduardo Coelho giving Pedro Caixinha a result against me, which im sure the game knows disgusts me.

SPL Table
View attachment 59547
The result against Hamilton has even more bearing as the Old Firm played and had the results flipped we would have ended the month 5 points clear of Celtic rather than tied with Rangers. Hibs are yet to decide if there going to join in the fun of finish alone in 4th. Hearts, Motherwell and Partick lead the way for 5th and 6th, Aberdeen need a 8 point swing in 8 games to get into the top 6 but for now are just 1 point above Hamilton in 11th while poor Killie look DOOMED!

Transfer Window

Scottish Transfers
View attachment 59546

Airdrie

Two kids that could be the future of our midfield

Beaton
View attachment 59545
Goes right into the 1st team

Van Der Kraan
View attachment 59544
5* potential.

Out
Two star players from the lower league are on there way to Dundee with DR Jake Sheppard moving to Dundee and Nicky Low moving to Dundee Utd. Both were good enough to work in the team but its now time to feed in as many of these under 20s as possible so you will see plenty of the players that built this club moving on in the next 18 months.

February

We're out of the cup early on again but with the position were in the League i felt i had to play back up players in the cup which led to us loosing 3-1 to Motherwell despite taking the lead.

Fixtures
View attachment 59458
Our League form on the other hand started with a sensational thrashing of Hearts. It seems my players loath Craig Levine as much as i do in this save and all 6 goals came from teenagers. They felt less clinical on there next trip to Pittodrie where David Moyes is hopefully starting to steady the ship of my favorite Scottish team, this should be our last game against them this season so my kids shouldnt feel the need to give up 3 points to them again!

View attachment 59457
Those dropped points against a bottom 6 team however was totally worth it for our next game at home to Rangers, who have demolished us at every opportunity this season. We were utter dominated for the first 20 minutes at which point i paused the game, went upstairs found some notes i had from FM17 when being a underdog, attack the wing the opponents are not using, man mark the players performing and receiving the most passes and hey presto in 13 minutes we had tore them apart to go 3-0 up. We stuck to our guns only going more defensive as the game wore on and in the end we won with ease give me and the boys the feeling that for the first time we can win this league NOW! The only remaining game was up at St Johnstone where we won 2-1 but was total control until they scored in the 91st minute but it was too little too late!

SPL Table
View attachment 59456
So that win at the Excelsior over Rangers proves to be a huge result. Were once again tied at the top, Celtic 6 points behind and Hibs are catching us all only 9 points behind us. The 6 goal swing in our favor in that game gives us a 8 goal lead. Janis Bonhof has a far more comfortable lead in the golden boot race, non of the other leading forwards have hardly scored since the turn of the year. Elsewhere Motherwell look almost secure in the top 6 while its anyones guess who from 6th to 11th will join them and at the very bottom Kilmarnock are showing small sings of life.

March

Only two games, a trip back to reality with Hibs and a trip to basement dwellers Kilmarnock

Fixtures
View attachment 59416
Simon Murray must have read how the other tops scorers were not scoring when he equaled his tall for the year in the first 60 minutes at the Excelsior which led them to a clear victory which angers me especially after we went 2-1 up just before the break. We got a win at Kilmarnock which is the least i expected after the amount of shouting i did after the Hibs game

SPL Table
View attachment 59415
Rangers take advantage of our slip up to Hibs to go top on there own, Hearts then held Hibs to a draw to dent there title hopes. The top 6 looks set while anything can happen in the bottom half.

Youth Intake
View attachment 59414
Back to reality after the gold we got over the last two seasons

April

A second attempt at a takeover and a second transfer embargo
View attachment 59260

Fixtures
View attachment 59259
Back to back four goal wins against Partick and Motherwell with the returning Gary Mackay-Stevens firing on all cylinders combined with Bonhof finding the net in both games was a perfect set up for a trip to parkhead

Celtic 4-3 Airdrie
View attachment 59258
A match of the season candidate that could be the first signal that this wont be our year. Despite my planning Celtic had the lead after only 5 minutes but Bonhof quickly had us back in it. Then the last 5 minutes of the half came right from a hollywood **** script Bonhof got a knock and had to come off but i just wanted to hang on till half time before deciding how we would set up for the second half with Celtic well into double figures of shots then as quick as you like Celtic had gone 3-1 up and we looked beat. So bad that on the 64th minute i was bringing on kids, conceding the game and giving them some match time but hold the phone 4th official Suto whos job was to guard the Celtic midfield which he was usless at got us back into it so we were playing for points and it looked like Matus Poliacek had got us that point but in the Liverpool vs Newcastle fashion a winner was to be found and heartbreakingly it was for Celtic to keep there title dream alive

SPL Table

So not much has changed as we head into may and the split. Rangers are only 2 points clear at the top after a less than steller month and now Cetic are only 2 points behind us. Hibs have never taken advantage to close the gap and at 9 points back, with 3 teams in there way a top 3 finish is surly the best they can hope for. At the bottom Kilmarnock once again look doomed after a horrific April. St Mirren & St Johnstone will need a lot to go right to get Hamilton back into the fight for the playoff spot

Title Run in
View attachment 59257
So were all set for a great end to the season. Our title ambitions should be clear after the first 3 games where we host Celtic then are away to Hibs & Rangers who have the best luck with the fixtures hosting ourselves and Celtic and get there toughest away game with Hibs out of the way first.

Run in

View attachment 59210
Takeover confirmed. No massive input of cash but the transfer embargo is lifted before the window opens next month and the owners have not piled debt into the club s not all bad.

Match 34
Airdrie 1-3 Celtic
View attachment 59209
Our second defeat to Celtic in a row and this one hurts much more with it being so decisive and at home.

View attachment 59207
Celtic jump us into 2nd and good god how close do you want it? Rangers loose to Hibs to the top 3 are now split by 3 points and Hibs are only 6 points off the top.

Match 35
Hibs 2-2 Airdrie
View attachment 59206
A Must win for both sides and of course we had to draw. We twice fought from behind but could not find a winner in that last 25 minutes

View attachment 59205
Celtic and Rangers both winning gives them breathing space at the top. Win or bust at Ibrox it is then

Match 36
Rangers 1-0 Airdrie
View attachment 59203
After being totally exposed to Celtic then letting Hibs lead twice combine with the drop in confidence defense was my emphasis for this game, try and hit them on the counter. We failed they got a goal we didnt our title challenge is over

View attachment 59201
Not just us but Celtic also look like there goose is cooked after loosing at home to Motherwell means a draw or better at Ibrox will secure the title for Rangers. Speaking of the Gers after 36 games hoping they would loose we're now cheering them on for a result so we can perhaps jump Celtic and take the 2nd Champions League spot now that 3rd looks much safer with Hibs loosing to Hearts

View attachment 59198

Match 37
Airdrie 5-0 Hearts
View attachment 59197
Is the gap to the top 4 really that big or did the pressure of the title race being off make the difference? Either way Bonhoff all but secured the golden boot

View attachment 59195
At the top a dead race is right back on as Celtic beat Rangers at Ibrox to keep the dream alive for the final week. They could still finish 3rd if they loose and we win so we still have something to play for. Speaking of which look at bottom side Kilmarnock thrashing St Mirren 5-1 to force a final game decided for the two over who goes down and who's in the playoff

Match 38
Motherwell 3-4 Airdrie
View attachment 59194
Its clear as day as entertaining as we are we need to sort out our defense for next season if we're going to challenge again!

View attachment 59192
MIRACLES HAPPEN! Celtic take the title after Rangers conceded a 81st minute goal to Hearts and conceded the title to Celtic who i cant recall leading the table anywhere in the first 37 games. We then have to settle for 3rd but remembering that we were 1000/1 when the season kicked off is small consolation considering how close we came. Kilmarnock's late charge was for nowt as St Mirren won there final game while Killie could only draw.

End of Season review 4

Final League Table
View attachment 59072
Celtic some how scramble to take the title at the end after being 2nd to 4th all the way to match 38. Rangers were the best team we faced all season but looked to have ran out of gas at the end. Hibs ended up where i think they deserved 4th but just off the top 3. Motherwell comfortably took the final European place. Down in 7th David Moyes has a big job this summer to rebuild a Aberdeen squad with the best young striker in the league, once on loan to us Greig Falconer. At the bottom St Mirren almost fell down into the automatic relegation spot as Kilmarnock had a fantastic end to the season till the final game where the Saints scrambled to freedom, for a few more weeks at least. Ross County will take Killie's spot winning the league by 1 point from Dundee

Celtic's position graph
View attachment 59071

Playoffs
St Mirren 0-2 Dundee Utd on Agg
View attachment 59070
United win both games 1-0, led by Nicky Low who gets promoted for the 2nd season in a row.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Europa League last 32
Rangers - Europa League Group
Aberdeen - Europa League Group
Hibs - Europa League 3rd Qualy

Development League
View attachment 59069
We manage to win one league as our stacked u20s beat Rangers to the title of "top kids" We'll see plenty of these kids in the 1st team squad next season, Soriano made 27 appearances for the 1st team as well dominating the u20s league

Airdrie squad
View attachment 59068
View attachment 59067
Bonhofs 35 goals was the difference that almost took us to title. Winger Lagneaux really stepped up a level and has already had interest from major teams back in his home country of Switzerland. Per Sojberg at left back quietly had a amazing season, Helpful that he was our only proper left back in the squad. Further down the list is Gary Mackay Steven who was the top rated player that made significant appearances but injury stopped him from having a historically good season. We'll really miss Loric Mutombo who will go back to PSG but i play promoting one of our best prospects from the u19s to take his place. Dale Carrick had a reasonable 11 goal return from his final season but the future is now and he'll be sold in the summer. Lots of players set to fight for the 2 CB roles with Horace Lavine going back to Man Utd we'll have 4 players in the current team and 2 on loan that i believe are ready to join the first team.

Fans award
Janis Bonhof 43%
View attachment 59066
The two young wingers getting close was a bit of a surprise especially Nathan Jordan who was our back up ML. I forgot Soriano was a last gasp £65k signing to fill a gap in the u19s

Players of the Year

Janis Bonhof - AT
View attachment 59065
The 6ft 6 German machine destroyed all comers this season almost a lock for a goal in every game. His stats skyrocketed and i will be doing EVERYTHING in my power to keep him. He is contracted till 2024 but does come with a £10m clause that i will try and get removed even though £10m would buy us a full new squad and then some of u19s

View attachment 59064

Nicolas Lagneaux - MR
View attachment 59063
The Swiss winger is slowly developing into a star. Already a key player in our team he'll be tough to hold onto going forward with good bids already coming in.

Per Sojberg - DL
View attachment 59062
His stats are pants and i cant fathom how he gets such good reports and ratings. In a normal world i would be ready to replace him at the drop of a hat. I'll look into it but will be hard to shove him out of the starting 11

The Kids
View attachment 59061View attachment 59061View attachment 59060View attachment 59059View attachment 59058View attachment 59057View attachment 59056View attachment 59055

Salvador Soriano, Sandy Mackay Stevens, Eirik Solberg, Daniel Beaton, Stewart Christie, Craig O'Neil made stand out contributions to the first team

Loan stars Graeme Gebbie at St Mirren and Lesko at Motherwell did a good job in there SPL bows getting plenty 1st team action

View attachment 59054View attachment 59053

What a season! A bit gutting that if you managed to beat Celtic just once in one of those games then you would've won the league but I'm sure that time will come. Will you be in Europa League group stage next season or the qualifying rounds?

What a season! A bit gutting that if you managed to beat Celtic just once in one of those games then you would've won the league but I'm sure that time will come. Will you be in Europa League group stage next season or the qualifying rounds?

3rd Qualifying round so 2 teams stand between us and the group phase

Season 5

Summer Friendly's
View attachment 58365
Pro's are that we won 11 games only loosing to Olympiakos. Cons we manage 1 clean sheet in those 12 games

Europa League Draw
Airdrie vs Atletic Bibao
View attachment 58364
Its going to take a miracle to avoid a early exit

League Odds
View attachment 58363
After a title challenge last year were only expected to finish 5th this time, Fair enough considering they expect Aberdeen t take over as the main Old Firm challengers. Also great to see that in Lagneaux we have one of the league's top players

Transfers
View attachment 58362

In

Lewis Morgan ML
View attachment 58361
I'm already heavy on left sided midfielders but the chance to sign Morgan for £180k was far too good to walk away from.

Filipe Torres GK
View attachment 58360
A £1.3m signing from Real Madrid! What kind of world is this! Transfer record smashed for a transfer listed player from there B team, not always a bad thing but with all the sales we've made i could afford to take a risk on the Spanian after all the hassel we've had trying to get a long term no1 i hope Torres is that guy

Bartosz Bereszynski DR
View attachment 58359
Last season's loan star Mutomno was going to be big boots to fill and at one point i was ready to plug in 18 year old Maguire but a former Sampdoria and Polish International shows interest in joining your club i'd be daft not to try and he was a 1 in 100 or so players i tried to sign up that actually negotiated a realistic wage and a 2 year deal for the prime of his career

Lys Mousset - AT
View attachment 58358
Fresh from back to back seasons with over 10 games in the English Premiership we needed a player with a strong background to replace Bonhof's goals and make a impact in Europe and Lys fits the bill

2 Youths
View attachment 58357View attachment 58356

No loans this year as we try to build up our own squad of stars and money makers

Out
Some sad news from the outbox. Star man Janis Bonhof has left to join Chelsea in a deal that will see us get £6m over the next year, close enough to his £7.75m buy out clause but we added a 40% future fee so i will pray he takes his Airdrie form to England. Our second 40% future fee sale was Illias Kanellakis. He went to the north of London for a total of £5.5m but again big fee's in the future if he works out. Secretly i hope we'll get offered to buy out this fee and put it towards a new stadium. You will also note that we have 4 players that played a big part in our rise through the league Dale Carrick, Jordan McGregor, Curtis Good and Mark Bunn were all let go for little or no fee. Non were playing a major role anymore having served there purpose and Carrick especially deserved the freedom to play first team football after all he did for us in the early days.

Europa League

Airdrie has European football for the first time since 1992 when they played in the cup winners cup, despite not winning the cup

3rd Qualifying Round
Airdrie vs Atletic Bilbao

Your kidding right? This is the hardest tie we could have got.

1st Leg
Airdrie 4-0 Bilbao
View attachment 58259
Thats not a typo. Doubles from Mousset and Jordan give us surely the greatest result against a ill prepared Bilbao team, not missing many of there best players but it was there first game back from pre season.

2nd Leg
Bilbao 1-2 Airdrie
Airdrie win 6-1 on Agg
View attachment 58258
If the first game was a miracle against a half fit Bilbao team but they can have no excuses in there own back yard like this. Im amazed they were swept aside without much effort

4th Qualifying Round
Airdrie vs Lazio
Once again we get the toughest draw possible. Miracles dont happen twice do they?

1st Leg
Airdrie 1-1 Lazio
View attachment 58257
Its not often we'll play a team so much better than us but are so defense minded! No wonder only 141 of there fans flew in to watch them have a early lead cancelled out by MOTM Lagneaux. Loosing Bereszynski for the second leg is a huge miss Sojberg is our only fit starting defender

2nd Leg
Lazio 1-0 Airdrie
Lazio win 2-1 on agg
View attachment 58256
So the European dream is over at the final qualifying hurdle. It hurts that we were just knocked out by the odd goal, with injurys all over the place knowing what a difference a Europa league group phase appearance would have made.

Only the old firm remain in Europe with Celtic in the champions league groups and Rangers in the Europa League

If only Bilbao had my team against your Airdrie lot!!!

August

The season starts with my 200th game
View attachment 58055

We make a shocking start in the SPL and see the true drop off form our best 11 as were forced to rotate players for Europa League qualifiers. But was it worth it?

Fixtures
View attachment 58054
It all started reasonably well with possibly the best debut ever from Lys Mousset who not only scored a hattrick but assisted the other 2. That was the end of any good news out of the League. We played a strong side at Pittodrie but it wasnt enough as our new keeper Filipe Torres O'G the only goal with 10 minutes to go. The next two game was after exhausting Europen games and with several key players missing and focus on the next games the Motherwell defeat i was willing to take but was still ****** off that Motherwell got two late goals for the win a story we can repeat at Hamilton where another strike in the final 5 minutes cost us points. We'll draw a line under this the season starts in September, at Ibrox!

SPL Table
View attachment 58052Only 4 points from 4 games is what i may have expected last season but not here, I'm totally blaming European football. The old firm and Aberdeen lead the way as you would expect while Hibs make a start just as poor as us with European football hurting them too.

Transfer Window
Sadly i couldnt cash in any of my future clauses and with no Europa League action we cant afford to buy a higher class players with the extra money we could have to got so only arranged a few kids on future fee's. Nobody sold either despite massive interest in Lagneaux nobody came close to offering the money i wanted so he stays.

Scottish Transfers
View attachment 58053

Aberdeen & Partick break there transfer records, Celtic do there usual selling players and replacing them for much cheaper players that they will probably make a huge profit on.

September

Rangers still own us and Hibs knock us out of the cup but i finally get a result against Celtic in the League after 4 defeats last year

Fixtures
View attachment 57974
Rangers pulled us apart in the first half scoring 3 goals in a devestating 10 minutes. Our kids got a win at Queen of the south but even that was not without stress when they pulled it back to 2-2. Back in the league Hearts were the first victims of a Airdrie thrashing in the SPL doing our abysmal goal difference some good, Finally we get a result against Celtic after loosing every time against them in the League last season our defensive set up worked for once to end there perfect start to the season

SPL Table
View attachment 57973
Beating Celtic puts Rangers on top. Partick are the surprise package of the season so far while were now only a win behind 4th place Aberdeen. St Johnstone are the last team looking for a win with only 1 point to show for there games so far.

October

3 wins and a draw but our defense is abysmal, 9 goals in 4 games including one in a draw to bottom of the table St Johnstone

Fixtures
View attachment 57933
First of all ourselves and Partick the underdog teams in the league looks like a thriller but dont be fooled Partick scored twice in the final 5 minutes long after we had gone 6-2 up including a hattrick from Lewis Morgan. Dundee Utd was a similar story where we got 2 goals up before they got consolations. There was then a international break where we came back lame putting in a pathetic first half to St Johnstone and a even worse second half where we equalized but they were by far the better team. A similar first half was happening at Dingwall but a strong second half led again by Lewis Morgan making the goals rather than scoring them in a strange day where only 1 of the 4 scorers was a teenager

SPL Table
View attachment 57930
Celtic have gone to pieces since we played them failing to win ANY games and getting jumped by Aberdeen, Partick and ourselves but sadly Rangers have now gone 6 points clear at the top beating Celtic & Aberdeen in back to back games.

Player of the Month
View attachment 57929
Our top teen talent who we received bids from all over Europe, usually 3 or 4 a day in the last few days of the window. He wants a move if we dont win any silverware so the Scottish Cup is massive for us with several other players leaning the same way.

November

Quick month with only 3 games where we managed a win, a draw and a defeat

Fixtures
View attachment 57911
Our winter began with 3 minutes of joy from easter road when Mousset gave us the lead till a near immediate reply from there main striker Simon Murray shared the points. Motherwell was a less stressful afternoon never less than 2 goals clear from half time onwards. The final game of the month seen us at home to Aberdeen where 2 former Airdrie players, Kanellakis who's on loan from Arsenal and who i could really be doing with right now, and the scorer of the two goal Greg Falconer who scored both of the Dons goals.

SPL Table
View attachment 57910
4 points is a poor return but the Aberdeen game was a killer. No hopes of following up last years title challenge where Aberdeen are. We are 10 points behind Rangers who have a game to play and if Celtic do the business with there games in hand we could be fighting with Partick for 4th

Play Of the Month
Nathan Jordan
View attachment 57909
Our player of the month is a player we've not managed to use much this month but he did hav a career highlight as he won his 1st Scottish Cap. He's fought of Mackay Stevens for the ML spot and despite being very similar to Lagneaux there's been no interest in the Scots kid from the big teams, Yet!

December

Our best month of the season, in ANY season as we win all 7 games in December beating both sides of the old firm at Broomfield

Fixtures
View attachment 57853
It all started so badly with Rangers holding the lead with a Jordan Murphy goal right on half time. Then our season was win or bust, we HAD to win this game and Mousset get us level and like before had the game was very even and a draw seemed the right result. Suddenly on the 85th minute it all changed with a Red Card for Ryan Jack. Rangers shut up shop and we went **** for leather and winger Nicolas Lagneaux in the 89th minute scored a season changing goal

View attachment 57852

On a high from the Rangers game strikers Soriano & Mousset getting a double each beating Hearts by 4 then Hamilton by 5

We then welcomed the other half of the old firm and like in the Rangers game there was a goal in 1st half stoppage time but this time it was our own Nathan Jordan. Calleri got Celtic right back into the game but again all the action came at the end. 78th minute when stand in winger Erik Solberg put us ahead for the second time. The second wave of Celtic assault on our goals never happened due to Kellyn Acosta being sent off not long after to secure our second win in a row against Celtic.

View attachment 57851

Partick and managerless Dundee Utd were given the thrashing treatment before Ross County came along and almost caused a upset by taking the lead. Two quick goals after the break saved our perfect month from having a tragic end

SPL Table
View attachment 57850
By god have we got a title race on our hand! unbeatable Rangers have thumbled away there once dominant lead over the pack to the extent that if Celtic win there game in hand they go top and if they do there will only be 5 points between the top 4. Getting just as close with the bottom 4 too, we could even have a thrilling race for 5th and a potential final European spot if Hibs and Motherwell can get there acts together

Play Of the Month
Salvador Soriano
View attachment 57849
This guy is my mantra on future signings. Go to Spain, release clause under £100K. An amazing support striker, Does all the Niall Quinn work to help out the player in the Kevin Philips position

Managers
View attachment 57848
St Johnstone are the first team to change there manager poaching Allan Johnson from Dundee Utd who are looking for his replacement. Hibs Steve Clark is also in danger of getting the chop after there poor start.

January

New year but the same old Airdrie as we go on a club record winning run
View attachment 57763

Fixtures
View attachment 57774
We start 2022 with a 9 goal thriller with Stevie May scoring a hatrick for St Johnstone but ending up on the wrong end of 6 Airdrie goals. Lys Mousset scored all 3 goals against Hibs to set him well on his way to the golden boot, only a injury can stop him now. Our Youngest side of the season put Falkirk out of the cup as i get a reminder of how many players are ready to step up to the first team, Too many! Our final match was one that i strongly suspected would end our winning run, a trip to Pittodrie but 15 minutes in and we were 2 goals clear thanks to youth center back Tobias Basler and despite our former loan star Greg Falconer pulling one back for the Dons they never came close to a 2nd

What a player he's turning into!
View attachment 57773

SPL Table
View attachment 57772
Were set for a utter thriller over the final 14 games. Were in the middle of a old firm sandwich, 3 goals behind Celtic and 4 ahead of Rangers. Aberdeen are 7 points behind had they beat us it would be even closer with the top 4. Best of the rest so far is Partick who share the middle of the table with Hibs, Hamilton & Motherwell while at the bottom former top half regulars Hearts and Dundee Utd have tayside rivals St Johnstone just behind them and all are chasing Ross County with only 6 points splitting the lot it should be a vintage SPL season.

Transfer Window
View attachment 57770
With a sudden income of cash we add 6 players, mostly for the u20s with Anthony Ralson being the biggest signing for the club in a while as a player that has plenty experience and all for £74k.

Anthony Ralston DR
View attachment 57769

Karl Rohden GK
View attachment 57768

4 youth player come from Spain and Scandinavia
View attachment 57767View attachment 57766View attachment 57765View attachment 57764

Out
The reason we had this sudden wealth is that we agreed to sell Nicolas Lagneaux to Man Utd for £5,75m in the summer so we'll have him at the club but he'll be a back up player going forward so i can see which of the back up MR's will take his spot. My plan was to use the money to add several players at knock down prices that were coming to the end of there contracts, needless to to say i got non!
A stand out player over the past few seasons Gary Mackay Stevens was reaching the last 6 months of his contract and with first team chances receding i took what little money i could get for him now.
We let two youngster with not future leave on a free and loan out 7 other making a total of 21 Airdie players out on loan most of which have 18 months left at the club so i'm expecting big changes come the summer.

SPL Transfers
View attachment 57772
Celtic make there usual profit and buy replacements for less, Hearts buy the best of Killie, good idea to buy players from last seasons bottom team? Time will tell!

February

After waxing lyrical about our long winning run we loose both our trips to the old firm, then draw Celtic in the Scottish cup Quarter Finals

Fixtures
View attachment 57693
Rangers start our month in the worst way possible by soundly beating us at Ibrox. We recovered with a win to Motherwell then back to back wins to Hamilton in League and cup with under 20 Spanish strikers Perez & N'Diaye getting doubles over the two games before we went to Parkhead for a titanic defensive battle with Celtic who ended up winning a tight game with the only goal a penalty from Mane giving our rivals the wins.

SPL Table
View attachment 57692
The two defeats to the old firm set us 6 points and a pile of goals behind the Glasgow sides so with 10 games to go we need to make a move now. At the bottom Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd are the teams in worst danger.

Player Of the Month
Daniel Beaton
View attachment 57691
Perhaps our best player overall? Only 19 and all the big teams are fighting to buy him but with 3 seasons to run on his contract so no rush to move on like other players who have clauses or were limited to being SPL class

Youth Intake
View attachment 57690View attachment 57689View attachment 57688View attachment 57687View attachment 57686
Our best intake ever!! Leon Cherrie looks like being possibly our best player.