Aitor Herrera Back In Bilbao - Klippybo's Fm13 Final Hurrah!

images

JUNE - END OF SEASON

Rayo Vallecano 0
Athletic Bilbao 3 (Amorebieta 16, Llorente 89, Herrera 90)

CHAMPIONS!!!! What more can I say.............. (Real came from behind to beat Atletico 2-1)

Lineup - Ruffier, Iraola, San Jose, Amorebieta, Aurtenetxe, Herrera, Benat*, Susaeta, Muniain, De Marcos, Llorente

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 366679

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 366680

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
FERNANDO LLORENTE

View attachment 366681

AWARDS

Spanish Player of the Year - F. Llorente
Spanish Young Player of the Year - I. Muniain
Liga BBVA Manager of the Year
Liga BBVA Most Improved Team
Liga BBVA Top Goalscorer
- F. Llorente
Liga BBVA Top Spanish Goalscorer - F. Llorente
UEFA Golden Shoe - F. Llorente (surely)
FIFA World Team of the Year - F. Llorente

SUMMARY

A dream season!!!! Never did I think we would win the league at the first attempt but somehow we did it. What worked for us was Barca's awful start and funnily enough our early Copa del Rey exit helped us open up a lead in January after both Barca and Real dropped points due to their congested fixture list.

The Europa League win was what I aimed to get at the start of the season and I am happy we achieved that.

As for the players Llorente was a beast and we will miss him when he departs for Juventus. The surprise was Amorebieta who was immense when he recovered from injury and scored 10 goals all told but he wants a new challenge. As for the youngsters Laporte was the stand-out until he got injured while Ruiz de Galarreta and Espericueta are developing very nicely.

Finally I forgot to mention in the last post that the match against Levante was our final game at the San Mames stadium as we move into our new ground for next season.

Last edited:
Amazing season mate! Next season will be very interesting with losing Llorente... although I think that regen striker from your youth intake will be more than good enough to replace him in the long term.

images

PRE-SEASON

What to do? What to do? Llorente has gone so I needed to have a plan regarding replacing him and plan A didnt come to fruition! I had planned to try and nab Griezmann off Real Sociedad and move Muniain up front but I didnt have the £21m required to get the Frenchman................

PLAYERS IN

My biggest signing was Natxo Monreal from Arsenal for £10m. He will obviously be my new left back and should hold that position down for a few years. My only other signing for the first team was a striker from Real Madrid, Marc, whom I paid £5m for.
View attachment 366782View attachment 366781

I brought in these youngsters for small fees with Allegre being the most expensive at £1.3m.
View attachment 366783View attachment 366784View attachment 366785View attachment 366786

And I brought these 2 on loan to make them Basque.
View attachment 366787View attachment 366788

--

PLAYERS OUT

Obviously Llorente joining Juventus on a free was the major departure while Amorebieta and Aduriz left to join Celta Vigo for £6.3m in total. Toquero left for Real Betis (£3.7m) and Iraizoz for Atletico Madrid (£1.2m) and I got a pittance for some B team players and Gurpegi.

Out on loan went Balenziaga (Mallorca £1.3m), Arrizabalaga and Inigo Perez (£275K).

--

SUMMARY

The big question is who is going to replace Llorente - Marc or Barandiaran? I am going to have to put faith in a 16y/o to fire in the goals to retain the title which is my goal for the season. Monreal will play LB while Laporte will take over from Amorebieta at CB and the rest remains the same except Iago Herrerin is my new backup keeper.

I do have £13m in the transfer kitty left to spend but I doubt that there will be any new arrivals until the end of the season unless I get an extra £10 or £15m from somewhere!

How the **** cant you be manager of the year???? winning the league, winning the EL.. i mean... c'mon ! I think second season will be very hard with the loss of Llorente. I hope Munain will be there to let you forger Llorente.. Dont you think its to early for that regen to become a regular? Good Luck 2nd season.. I keep on reading this story :)

Well done on winning the league and Europa League. Had a feeling you could do it since Bilbao has become second nature to you. Know who can cut it and who can't. Good effort all together, look forward to this coming season.

Congrats mate, it will take some big balls to let a 16 year old lead the line for a title winning side, but if anyone can do it with Bilbao then its you.

images

AUGUST

Ponferradina 1 (Mayor 63)
Athletic Bilbao 4 (Susaeta 12, Laporte 19, 90, Marc 34)

A nice easy win to kick start the new season and I am delighted that Marc scored on his debut.

--

Spanish Super Cup 1st Leg

Valencia 0
Athletic Bilbao 1 (Marc 7)

They had 13 attempts - we had 2! A very fortunate victory.

--

UEFA European Super Cup

Juventus 3 (Llorente 59, Vucinic 72, 76)
Athletic Bilbao 2 (Iturraspe 3, Laporte 86)

It was always going to happen that Llorente would score!! Never mind.

--

LINEUPS
OPP
RES
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
CM
CM
AMR
AML
AMC
ST
SUBS
Pon
4-1
Ruffier
Iraola
San Jose
Laporte* 2
Monreal
Herrera
Benat
Susaeta
Muniain
De Marcos
Marc
Ramalho, Ruiz de Galarreta, Barandiaran
Val
1-0
Ruffier
Iraola
San Jose
Laporte*
Monreal
Iturraspe
Benat
Susaeta
Muniain
De Marcos
Marc
Espericueta, Barandiaran
Juv
2-3
Ruffier
Iraola
San Jose
Laporte
Monreal
Iturraspe
Benat
Ibai Gomez
Muniain
De Marcos
Marc
Ruiz de Galarreta, Barandiaran

--

SUMMARY

A decent start to the season. Of course I was slightly annoyed at losing the European Super Cup but I will get over that quick enough! I am pleased that Marc has scored a couple of goals as I put him in ahead of Barandiaran but they will be rotated depending on form and fitness.

In the Champions League we will play Man Utd, FC Twente and Red Bull Salzburg.

Finally I did bring in 2 more players - Hugo Roca came in for £450,000 while Oscar came in from Real Madrid for £9m!!!!

View attachment 367349View attachment 367350

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AYMERIC LAPORTE
View attachment 367351

Last edited:
images

SEPTEMBER

Spanish Super Cup Final 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 1 (Muniain 74)
Valencia 0
(Athletic Bilbao win 2-0 on aggregate)

We should have won by more as they had Gago sent-off early on. My 3rd trophy.

--

Atletico Madrid 1 (Arteta 68pen)
Athletic Bilbao 1 (Muniain 31)

A good point as they had a late winner disallowed having said that we had 1 chalked off earlier on. Marc failed to impress so I will shove Barandiaran in for a little while now.

--

UEFA Champions League Group B

Athletic Bilbao 3 (Barandiaran 15, 54, Ruiz de Galarreta 51)
FC Twente 1 (Eneramo 88)

I am delighted that my backup players beat a very strong Twente side while Barandiaran took his chance expertly.

--

Athletic Bilbao 2 (Barandiaran 41, 75)

Levante 0

I had a touchline ban for this game so I went on holiday for the day lol

--

Athletic Bilbao 4 (Barandiaran 39, 41, Ramalho 52, Benat 82)
Sporting Gijon 1 (Bilic 64)

An easy victory here as I expected - Barandiaran is on fire!

--

Mallorca 0

Athletic Bilbao 1 (Laporte 74)

A nice win although Muniain missed a penalty.

--

LINEUPS
OPP
RES
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
CM
CM
AMR
AML
AMC
ST
SUBS
Valencia1-0RuffierIraolaSan JoseLaporteMonrealHerreraBenatSusaetaMuniainDe MarcosMarcRamalho, Ruiz de Galarreta
Atl M.1-1RuffierIraola*San JoseLaporteAurtenetxeHerreraBenatSusaetaMuniainDe MarcosMarc
Ibai Gomez
Twente3-1RuffierRamalhoEkizaLaporteAurtenetxeIturraspeEspericueta
Ibai GomezMuniainRuiz de GalarretaBarandiaran* 2Etxeberria, Encinas, Allegre
Levante2-0RuffierIraolaSan JoseLaporteAurtenetxeHerrera
BenatSusaeta
MuniainDe MarcosBarandiaran* 2
Ramalho
S. Gijon4-1RuffierRamalho
San Jose
Laporte
AurtenetxeHerrera
Benat
Susaeta
MuniainDe Marcos
Barandiaran* 2
Mallorca1-0
Ruffier
Ramalho
San Jose
Laporte*
Monreal
Herrera
Benat
Susaeta
Muniain
De Marcos
Barandiaran
Marc, Iturraspe, Ibai Gomez

--

SUMMARY

Our strong start to the season was maintained this month as we won every game apart from one. Barandiaran took his chance up front and shone while Muniain was also impressive.

As a side note - we have finally moved into our new stadium!!! The next home match will be the first one. I mistakenly thought our last home match of last season was our final league game at San Mames.

View attachment 367558

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
INAKI BARANDIARAN

View attachment 367556

Nice stuff man, what tactic are you using ? Dont worry if you dont want to share it !

images

OCTOBER

Manchester United 1 (Rooney 18)
Athletic Bilbao 0

Meh - we deserved to lose.

--

Athletic Bilbao 3 (Ibai Gomez 43, 84, De Marcos 90)
Villarreal 1 (Cani 37pen)

Our first game in our new stadium was a close run thing. Ibai Gomez was the hero coming off the bench to score twice and he also set up Barandiaran for a goal that was disallowed.

--

Athletic Bilbao 3 (San Jose 45, Lucena og57, Iraola 90)
Granada 1 (Agirretxe 50)

2 games in the new stadium has brought us 2 3-1 wins - lets hope that continues! lol

--

FC Red Bull Salzburg 0
Athletic Bilbao 1 (Marc 90)

Iturraspe got sent-off after 89min and we got the winner a minute later!

--

Sevilla 1 (Negredo 35)
Athletic Bilbao 1 (Muniain 68pen)

I am happy with a point for sure. We arent playing at the top of our game at the moment.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Lucena 1 (Quillo 38)
Athletic Bilbao 5 (Marc 21, Iturraspe 42, Barandiaran 66, Ruiz de Galarreta 84,88)

As expected my backups won pretty comfortably.

--

LINEUPS
OPP
RES
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
CM
CM
AMR
AML
AMC
ST
SUBS
Man Utd0-1RuffierRamalhoSan JoseEkizaMonrealHerreraIturraspeSusaeta
Muniain
De MarcosBarandiaranEspericueta, Martin, Ibai Gomez
Vill3-1RuffierRamalhoSan JoseLaporteMonrealHerreraBenatSusaetaMuniainDe Marcos BarandiaranIbai Gomez* 2
Gran3-1RuffierIraolaSan Jose*Laporte
MonrealHerreraBenatIbai GomezMuniainDe MarcosBarandiaranRuiz de Galarreta, Espericueta
RBS1-0
RuffierEtxeberria
Ramalho*
EkizaEncinas
Espericueta
Iturraspe
MartinIbai GomezRuiz de GalarretaMarc
Oscar, Saborit, Laporte
Sev1-1
Ruffier
Iraola
San Jose
Laporte
Monreal
Herrera*
Benat
Ibai Gomez
Muniain
De Marcos
Barandiaran
Oscar, Marc
Luc5-1
Ruffier
Iraola
Ramalho
Ekiza
Saborit
Espericueta
Iturraspe
Nanclares
Ibai Gomez
Ruiz de Galarreta* 2
Marc
Oscar, Barandiaran, Roca

--

SUMMARY

A pretty decent month but I am not happy with the way my team is playing. Obviously the loss of Llorente is a big factor in that but we are plugging away and are still in the title race and should qualify for the Champions League. Thats it really!

View attachment 367678

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIKEL SAN JOSE
View attachment 367677

Xbox has taken over more recently but I will play the save and pump out the updates soon (only played 1 fixture in November).

My plan for Thursday and Friday is to watch the ashes while playing FM

Xbox has taken over more recently but I will play the save and pump out the updates soon (only played 1 fixture in November).

Sounds like a great plan

ive started my own game with athletic bilbao and i was wondering what clubs should i look at when looking for good spanish youngsters. are there any good youth systems besides the obvious madrid clubs and barcelona.

ive started my own game with athletic bilbao and i was wondering what clubs should i look at when looking for good spanish youngsters. are there any good youth systems besides the obvious madrid clubs and barcelona.
On my save atm the best regens are coming from rayo vallencano and betis so may be worth keeping an eye on them

thanks ive just finished my first season with bilbao so ill have a look at them. does anyone know if its possible to increase the scouting area. whenever i ask they refuse and i cant scout any players that arent playing spain.

thanks ive just finished my first season with bilbao so ill have a look at them. does anyone know if its possible to increase the scouting area. whenever i ask they refuse and i cant scout any players that arent playing spain.

I have never been able to increase it. The best way to get youngsters is by becoming the Spain manager as then all the Spaniards appear on your player search screen and you can just filter through the 16y/o players

Why oh why.... ;)