I've been thinking about it and I think the best way to create the overall philosphy is to stamp your mark at a club. Pick a team with no philosphies already, add possession, attacking, youth system and young players. Also bring in your own staff (obviously good youth ones) select a good Tika taka tactic and make sure the reserve and u18's play with it as well. Might be an obvious thought but I guess it's the best way.

I've been thinking about it and I think the best way to create the overall philosphy is to stamp your mark at a club. Pick a team with no philosphies already, add possession, attacking, youth system and young players. Also bring in your own staff (obviously good youth ones) select a good Tika taka tactic and make sure the reserve and u18's play with it as well. Might be an obvious thought but I guess it's the best way.

Do you know a good tactic? It hasn't to be pure tiki tika but something like that. I want to be a LLM team and make my way through the lower leagues.

Almost, I've tried a lot of the ones on here and I'm trying to create one that averages at least 60% possession and 3 CCC's every game. As you can imagine it's hard.

You all have also to take into consideration that the Retain Possession TI is a passive instruction. By passive I mean, it's only to waste time, players holding the ball. This has nothing to do with Barcelona.

what are all your player instructions? I would like to test your tactic with a lower league team

Won the league first season with Stockport, albeit with transfers made.

I'm not finished tweaking yet, but I will be posting a thread when I think I have it down.

Currently in my third season overall, now in my first FULL season at HSV, currently unbeaten in the league and only 2nd on goal difference after 9 games, but I have only played one of the big four so far...

View attachment 414222View attachment 414221

Last edited:
Won the league first season with Stockport, albeit with transfers made.

I'm not finished tweaking yet, but I will be posting a thread when I think I have it down.

Currently in my third season overall, now in my first FULL season at HSV, currently unbeaten in the league and only 2nd on goal difference after 9 games, but I have only played one of the big four so far...

View attachment 513142View attachment 513145

but can you show me your current tactic please (with all instructions team and player)
I want to use him with a save from level 12 till 1 in england

The point is I'm not prepared to release my tactic to anyone until I'm sure its ready, and at the moment its not.
I still have to test it with default squads, transfer budgets off, at a team capable of winning the league and at a team fighting to stay up. i.e. Man City, Cardiff.

Sorry bro.

The point is I'm not prepared to release my tactic to anyone until I'm sure its ready, and at the moment its not.
I still have to test it with default squads, transfer budgets off, at a team capable of winning the league and at a team fighting to stay up. i.e. Man City, Cardiff.

Sorry bro.
Ok thank anyway, mate!
Just tell me when it's finished, I really wat to try your tactic asap!

Sorry bro.
Ok thanks anyway, mate!
Just tell me when it's finished, I really wat to try your tactic asap!

So, I've tried both rigid and fluid (I'm using Normal Strategy), neither very rigid or very fluid, I don't see many differences at all maybe because at the defence I have two CWBs and I'm using some specific man-marking in my forwards and playmakers (DLF / AP). Same tactical setting, same instructions, the only difference is with fluid I ticked the TI More Disciplined. Also, I'm not using the Retain Possession TI (I've explained why I think this shouldn't be used).

So, I've tried both rigid and fluid (I'm using Normal Strategy), neither very rigid or very fluid, I don't see many differences at all maybe because at the defence I have two CWBs and I'm using some specific man-marking in my forwards and playmakers (DLF / AP). Same tactical setting, same instructions, the only difference is with fluid I ticked the TI More Disciplined. Also, I'm not using the Retain Possession TI (I've explained why I think this shouldn't be used).
You know for sure this is not a good instruction?

You know for sure this is not a good instruction?

Just watch the matches with and without Retain Possession. If the idea is to play like Barcelona used to, then you don't your players holding the ball, waiting the clock to get to the 90 minutes. And opponents will have a easier task, just parking the bus. The idea is to pass, pass, pass, and pass again until there's a hole in their defence and this doesn't have to do with wasting time or lower tempo, it has to do with lower risk... and lower risk is a lower mentality and one or two players that pass into space to break defences. IFs and Treq should have ppm makes one-twos

Just watch the matches with and without Retain Possession. If the idea is to play like Barcelona used to, then you don't your players holding the ball, waiting the clock to get to the 90 minutes. And opponents will have a easier task, just parking the bus. The idea is to pass, pass, pass, and pass again until there's a hole in their defence and this doesn't have to do with wasting time or lower tempo, it has to do with lower risk... and lower risk is a lower mentality and one or two players that pass into space to break defences. IFs and Treq should have ppm makes one-twos
I'm watching all of my games but I think retain possession is a good thing..I tried to untick it but I think it's not so good you lose possession and the opposition creates more chances

Retain possession is key I think. As long as you have it, the opponent can't score. My two cm's I have 'more direct passing' ticked as they will attempt to find those defence splitting passes (these two obviously have to have high passing stat)

Retain possession is key I think. As long as you have it, the opponent can't score. My two cm's I have 'more direct passing' ticked as they will attempt to find those defence splitting passes (these two obviously have to have high passing stat)

Sure they can: a) against weaker teams, they just park the bus, you're players keep passing and wasting time until they loose the ball (or try a long shot because they can't find space), then they take you with a counter; b) against equal / strong teams, their players more easily tackle your players, you loose the ball then they take you with a counter. Less risk and good circulation of the ball is a completely different thing of passing / holding the ball to waste time.

People seem to have a problem with long shots but I've got all my team on 'shoot less often' and I've hardly had a long shot out of desperation.