Maximus94

Reaction score
View attachment 449882
July 2013

View attachment 441481
The Ajax board has decided to restructure the managerial staff throughout the club due to the Dutch FA's recent decision to promote Jong Ajax (B team) to the Jupiler League along with Jong PSV and Twente. Rumours suggest current first team manager Frank de Boer will mutually step down to manage Jong Ajax due to his already extensive knowledge of the current team and track record with younger players, while also overseeing the development of 18 to 21 years old players as the upper level technical director. Currently, nothing has been stated about current Head of Youth Development Wim Jonk's position, however, it's believed he will keep his role while focusing on 6 to 17 year old development as the lower technical director. It's believed Ajax are only looking at Dutch candidates for the first team position, with Guus Hiddink, Frank Rijkaard and Rene Meulensteen as the favourites to take the top job at Ajax.

View attachment 441483Press Conference at the Amsterdam ArenA:

Ajax Chairman Hennie Henrichs: "I'm sure many of you know we've decided to reshape the back-room staff at the club, so today, as I'm sure many of you have guessed I'm here to present our new manager. I'm delighted to welcome back Frank Rijkaard to the club."
View attachment 441482
Frank Rijkaard: "I'm delighted to be here, it's truly a dream on come back to where I learnt football. Now I'm able to give back to the club by showing, and teaching what I learnt while I was here. Hennie (Henrichs) and I agree that with this staff restructuring and the quality of the academy, there's no reason why we can't challenge for European silverware again over the next decade. Frank (de Boer) and I have been talking every day since we heard the news of the restructure, with him in charge of feeding the elite young players into my first team picture, I think we could see the best set of individuals coming through, forming the greatest squad Ajax has ever seen.The big question is, as it always is in Holland, do we have the money to hold onto our best players? I don't want to be seen as a top level feeder club, we want to hold onto the best, and challenge for the big trophies. We have everything we need in Holland to make the Eredivisie the next big league, we just need to be noticed by the rest of the world."

Interview with Johan Cruyff: "Yes absolutely Rijkaard is the right man for the top job. I've said this before in regards to the national team, Frank is world-class, with Frank de Boer under him I think we'll see the best of both of them, and the team as well."
________________________________________________________________________________

Objectives:

A) Win the Champions League, with at least 12 Ajax home-grown players in the final squad (2011's Barcelona won with 11 youth team graduates).

B) Win the Champions League with only home-grown players in registered squad.

C) Rewrite Ajax history by winning 4 straight Champions League's, with only Ajax home-grown players in registered squad.

Further Readings:

Ajax Youth Development ? When The Real World Meets Football Manager

The Swiss Ramble: Why Ajax Are No Longer Dutch Masters

Last edited:
View attachment 450914
Pre-Season 2013

Results

Ajax 2-0 Jong Ajax
(Andersen, Sana)

Dessel 1-1 Ajax
(de Jong, Meeus)

Ajax 0-1 Liverpool
(Ojo)

Ajax 1-1p Southampton
(Ligeon, Hooiveld)

Ajax 5-0 Ponferradina
(Fischer, de Jong x2, Hoesen, Benayoun)

KV Korrijk 1-1 Ajax
(Schone, Coulibaly)

Tactics

View attachment 441063View attachment 441062View attachment 441061

Player of Pre-Season

Siem de Jong
View attachment 441065

Transfers

View attachment 441064

Barcelona's Bojan's loan was cancelled to focus on developing permanent Ajax players
View attachment 441060

Interview
with Frank Rijkaard: "We've have an extremely busy window, bringing in players to act as mentors for the young promising players, to act as a link between the squad and the coaches. Yossi (Benayoun) is the only one of these players that will feature in 1st team matches at this stage. If some of these 'linking' players prove helpful as tutors, there's always a possibility of offering a coaching contract when they've decided to hang up their boots. We managed to pick up young Simon Tibbling for just over 50k who will certainly be one for the future, and is keen to grow here...All these signings have deterred slightly from our team and shape familiarity, which shows in our pre-season results, but I'm confident we'll be ready in time for the season. I personally don't think a great pre-season leads to a great season, or vic versa."

Last edited:
View attachment 453272
August 2013

A Steady Start

View attachment 440020

Results

Johan Cruijff Schaal
AZ 2-1 Ajax
(Wuytens, Beerens, Schone)

Eredivisie
Roda JC 0-5 Ajax
(Schone, Serero, Fischer x2, Blind)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 NAC Breda
(Sigborsson x2)

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-1 sc Heerenveen
(Veltman, de Jong, Andersen, Finnbogason, Schone)

Eredivisie
FC Twente 1-0 Ajax
(Castaignos)

Eredivisie
SC Cambuur 2-3 Ajax
(Schokker, de Jong, Duarte, van Boxal o.g, Hemmen)

View attachment 440021

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong
View attachment 440022
Picking up from where he left off during pre-season, de Jong has been our key player throughout August picking up 2 goals and 3 assists to earn him a 7.86 average rating. Interest is growing to sign him from Southampton, however, I'll do everything I can to keep him at the club.​

Promising start, looks like a good challenge. Especially winning the champions league with just youngsters. Good luck though mate!

Promising start, looks like a good challenge. Especially winning the champions league with just youngsters. Good luck though mate!

Thanks mate! They don't necessarily NEED to be youngsters though, but do need to have come up through the youth academy. So I'll either be relying on developing regens, or signing former Ajax academy graduates (Sneijder, Van der Vaart, De Jong ect.) if I have the money, and they're still quality players.

Last edited:
View attachment 454090
September 2013

Undefeated Month!

View attachment 439708

Draws

UEFA Champions League Group D:

Barcelona, Lyon, Ajax, FC Kobenhavn

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 FC Utrecht
(Sigborsson, Sana, Hoesen)

UEFA Champions League
FC Kobenhavn 0-0 Ajax

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-1 GA Eagles(Hoesen, Kolder,Benayoun)

KNVB Beker
ADO '20 2-3 Ajax
(Vandegard, Hendriks, Keus, Kishna, Nouri)

Eredivisie
Vitesse 1-2 Ajax
(Ibarra, Sigborsson, Schone)

View attachment 439719View attachment 439718

Player of the Month

Niklas Moisander
View attachment 439716
Moisander is our only leader in defense and sure played like it over September. We only conceded 1 goal whilst he was on the pitch this month. With injuries to Boilsesen and van Rhijn, rotation of the defense was needed, but Niklas ensured consistent defending with his partners. Hopefully, Boisesen and van Rhijn will be available in 3 weeks after their month-long absence.

A club record was set this month, 16 year old Abdelhak Nouri became the youngest ever player for Ajax when he started against ADO '20, beating former record holder and club legend Clarence Seedorf by just over 100 days. Nouri also scored the winning goal on debut, also making him Ajax's youngest ever goal scorer! We all expect big things from the young man in the years to come.

Last edited:
View attachment 454780
October 2013

Pushing On

View attachment 439404

Results

UEFA Champions League
Ajax 3-0 Lyon
(Schone x2, Sigborsson)

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-1 Heracles
(Uth, Veldmate o.g, Hoesen x2, Denswil)

Eredivisie
AZ 1-1 Ajax
(Guomundsson, Benayoun)

UEFA Champions League
Barcelona 4-0 Ajax
(Veltman o.g, Xavi, Pique, Messi)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 ADO Den Haag
(Andersen)

KNVB Beker
FC Dordrecht 1-2 Ajax
(Hoesen, Danso, Kishna)

View attachment 439398View attachment 439397

Player of the Month

Lasse Schone
View attachment 439395
A big month for Lasse who scored goals when we needed them. I haven't revealed this before but Norwich City were very close to signing him before the season began, I had a tough decision to make. Ultimately, Schone has been one of our best players so far this season, I'm glad I held onto him. With the likes of Kishna and Meleg pushing for first team football, I don't think Schone will be with us come end of next season, but only time will tell.

The only minor problem I can see at the minute is that we have too many high class CB's pushing for first team football. At the moment, Denswil, van der hoorn, and Veltman and playing excellently, however, with Bazoer and Riedewald progressing well, I need to show them game time as well. I'm thinking of converting Riedewald into a LB as we're light in that position in the youth ranks. Overall, it's a nice problem to have.

The large defeat to my former club Barca was hard to take, tactically we were to defensive and too focused on the counter. I strayed to far from our familiar possession tactics. When we face them at home in 2 weeks, I'm willing to take them head on. With our current position in the group, I'm confident we can make it to the round of 16. However, a 3rd place finish and dropping into the the Europa League wouldn't be detrimental. We need European football, and in my first season here, I'd be content with the 2nd string competition.​

Last edited:
Love the look of it mate, Daley Blind can be a good little CDM as well if you need back-up.

Love the look of it mate, Daley Blind can be a good little CDM as well if you need back-up.

Thanks mate, I took ages to figure out how I wanted the layout. Glad you like it!

And too true. I'll use him a CDM when Poulsen is pasted it. And he's a youth grad too so I won't ever need to offload him!

View attachment 455814
November 2013

Couldn't see off Barca...Again

View attachment 438949

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 RKC
(de Jong, Andersen)

UEFA Champions League
Ajax 0-1 Barcelona
(Alba)

Eredivisie
Zwolle 2-2 Ajax
(Fernandez x2, Schone, Benayoun)

Eredivisie
FC Groningen 0-4 Ajax
(de Jong, Hoesen x2, Blind)

UEFA Champions League
Ajax 6-2 FC Kobenhavn
(Benayoun, Sigborsson x4, Bengtsson, Delaney, Fischer)

View attachment 438955View attachment 438954

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer
View attachment 438950
With respect to Viktor, picking the best player this month was very tough. Benayoun has played well whenever called upon, and de Jong always preforms extremely well. But whilst not appearing on the score-sheet as much as he'd like, Fischer has been providing the assists. So far, he's played more minutes than anyone else at the club proving just how important he is to the team.

Our home game against Barca went to plan, bar the defensive mistake that lead to Alba's goal. We sat back and absorbed pressure for the full 90 minutes, countering down the wings to good affect. Double marking Messi worked wonders, but left us vulnerable down the other flank. Hoesen had his chances but couldn't convert. As the game went on I felt more and more confident we could have gotten something from the game, but it wasn't to be. Overall, it was a fantastic defensive effort...The victory over FC Kobenhavn puts us in a great position to make the Round of 16. Sigborsson couldn't be stopped, leaving us only needing a draw against Lyon to progress, while they need to beat Barca.

Last edited:
View attachment 456576
December 2013

Ajax Commit Future with Rijkaard

View attachment 438680

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-1 Feyenoord
(Poulsen, Armenteros)

Eredivisie
PSV 1-1 Ajax
(Wijnaldum, de Jong)

UEFA Champions league
Lyon 6-2 Ajax
(Ghezzal x2, van Rhijn o.g, Grenier, Gomis x2, Enoh, Fischer)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 NEC
(Fischer, Benayoun)

KNVB Beker
FC Utrecht 1-0 Ajax
(Toornstra)

View attachment 438684View attachment 438683

Player of the Month

Daley Blind
View attachment 438682
Blind
has been our outstanding defensive player this season. He also happens to be our most versatile player , able to player in 4 positions. It was only a matter of time until he won an individual award. It's been rumored Newcastle United and Chelsea are interested in him, however, with his quality and depth, I'll only be letting him go for silly money.

December has been our most disappointing month by some distance, only picking up 1 win from 5. We still managed to just scrap into the round of 16 in the Champions League despite a huge 4 goal lose to Lyon.On the plus side, our league form still hasn't slipped as we stretch our unbeaten run to 4 months...and on the negative side, our current league rivals FC Utrecht knocked us out of the cup. The silver-lining to this is that we can now focus our attention to the league and Champions League as I feel the main reason for this lapse in form was due to team fatigue and too much squad rotation.

View attachment 438681
Press Conference at the Amsterdam ArenA

Ajax
Chairman Hennie Henrichs: "Today we're pleased to announce that Frank (Rijkaard) has agreed to sign a new 3 year deal due to his brilliant form both domestically and internationally over the past 6 months. The board and Frank see eye to eye on the main vision of Ajax, and that's to bring 1st class players through the youth system and turn them into world class players."

Last edited:
View attachment 457951
January & February 2014

Up & Down Start to the Year

View attachment 438113

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 Roda JC
(Sigborsson, Andersen)

Eredivisie
NAC Breda 2-1 Ajax
(Poepon, Gilissen, Fischer)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 FC Twente
(Hoesen, Schone)

Eredivisie
sc Heerenveen 1-0 Ajax
(Nwofor)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-1 SC Cambuur
(Hoesen, Hemmen)

Eredivisie
GA Eagles 1-2 Ajax
(Martina o.g, Houtkoop, Schone)

Eredivisie
Heracles 2-4 Ajax
(Schone x3, Linssen, Hoesen, Uth)

UEFA Champions League Round of 16
Ajax 0-2 CSKA Moscow
(Doumbia, Denswil o.g)

View attachment 438121

Player of the Months

Lasse Schone
View attachment 438119
Schone almost single-handedly got us results over the past 2 months, providing goals over a below par couple of months. While Lasse is banging in the goals, Fischer deserves a lot of credit for firing in the assists. I'm not so sure I'll be able to let go of Schone during the Summer now, he simply makes the team tick at the minute.

The winter break has really taken it's toll on the players for one reason or another. Our results since have really been unacceptable, given what we want to achieve here at Ajax. Our undefeated run come to an end, allowing our title rivals to inch closer. The much anticipated top of the table clash with FC Utrecht unfortunately ended in a draw, when really, our missed chances cost us the game.

Our Champions League adventure seems as though it will come to an end when we travel to Moscow, unless we defeat the odds by winning by a 3 goal margin. We'll hold our heads high regardless, a round of 16 exit will make this squad the most successful Champion League team Ajax has seen since 2006.

Transfers

Lorenzo Ebecilio
View attachment 438114
We've just arranged a deal for Lorenzo once his current contract is up. He left Ajax 2 years ago after coming through the youth system and never got settled at another club, so we'll bring him back as a backup for Schone (if we keep him) with rather good potential. He's demands of only 2000 pounds a week were too good to refuse.

View attachment 459459
March 2014

Injury-Depleted

View attachment 437468

Results

Eredivisie​
Ajax 2-2 Vitesse
(Semb, Duarte, Sigborsson, Kallon)​

Eredivisie​
Ajax 3-0 AZ
(Sigborsson, Denswil, Schone)​

Eredivisie​
ADO Den Haag 0-1 Ajax
(Sigborsson)​

UEFA Champions League Round of 16​
CSKA Moscow 3-1 Ajax
(Jesus, Milanov, Wernbloom, Schone)​

Eredivisie​
RKC 2-3 Ajax
(Castelen, Hoesen, Denswil o.g, Schone, Denswil)​

Eredivisie​
Ajax 1-0 Zwolle
(Veltman)​

View attachment 437469

Player of the Month

Joel Veltman
View attachment 437475
Veltman has been crucial in defensive over the past few games of us. We've been wasting a lot of chances up front due to awful finishing and poor decision making so it's vital we don't let many in. Veltman
has ensured this with a string of fine displays, and even scoring the late winner in the last game. With his ability to stop attacks in their tracks, and Denswil's ability covering, these two should form a brilliant partnership over the years.

We've been hammered by 1st team injuries this month, with de Jong, Van der hoorn and Fischer
out for the entire month. On top of that, Poulsen, Serero, Duarte, and Benayoun all sustained injuries throughout the month.

The game against CSKA didn't go as planned. I decided to take an attacking approach to progress, but they expected it and looked dangerous on every counter. Their squad was simply too strong for ours.​

Youth Academy

We've just signed 5 local players for the coming season, after their trails ended. 4 of which have the potential to be 1st team regulars.​

View attachment 437474View attachment 437473View attachment 437472View attachment 437471View attachment 437470

We currently have around 5-6 quality CAM talents for the future coming through, the staff and I are looking at the possibility of converting a couple to a CM role, and another to a wide advanced play-maker role. Currently, van de Kerkhof looks like a world class player in the mold of Siem de Jong, he already has the mind of a champion.​

Last edited:
View attachment 461247
April & May 2014

Final Day Fireworks!

View attachment 436674

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 5-2 FC Groningen
(Denswil, Hoesen x3, Chery, Texeira, Martensson o.g)

Eredivisie
Feyenoord 1-1 Ajax
(Hoesen, Pelle)

Eredivisie
Ajax 0-3 PSV
(Matavz x3)

Eredivisie
NEC 0-2 Ajax
(Andersen, Hoesen)

View attachment 436699
We won the league on the final day! All we had to do was beat NEC and we were guaranteed victory, regardless of FC Utrecht's result against Feyenoord. As it were, we could have lost the game as Feyenoord hammed them, allowing PSV to finish 2nd and cruelly move into the Champions League position. I was slightly nervous coming into the final game after losing so heavily at home for the first time in the league, however, the players sure weren't as they put on a brilliant final display. The scoreline really doesn't show our dominance in the game. We're currently on the bus home planning our celebrations for tonight and our bus parade through Amsterdam tomorrow.

Player of the Months

Danny Hoesen
View attachment 436698
Hoesen has been unplayable during the final few games, his 5 goals in 4 matches really highlights this.

Player of the Season

Lasse Schone
View attachment 436697
By far and away the only choice for our player of the season. Whenever we looked like we were being outplayed, or needed to change the game, Schone took control with a brilliant goal, or pass leading to a goal. It seems many others have taken notice, with 7 clubs interested in signing him.

Young Player of the Season

Stefano Denswil
View attachment 436696

Youth Player of the Season

Gino Dekker
View attachment 436695

Award Winners

Eredivisie Keeper of the Season
View attachment 436694

Eredivisie Manager of the Season
View attachment 436693

Youth Academy

View attachment 436677
A huge congratulations to the U19 squad and staff that managed to win the UEFA Youth League this season, beating the likes of Dortmund, Milan, Schalke, and Marseille to claim victory. This result shows just how strong our senior squad could become in 5 years time as these players grow into household names.

Continental Winners

View attachment 436676View attachment 436675

Last edited:
Is there any suggestions about possible ways to improve presentation, or things people would like to see in updates?

Cool story bro, Looking forward to seeing how ur youth prospects develop.

Belting story mate. Im doing something similar but I'm spending money for the first couple of seasons to get a strong foundation down. Still got a couple of young lads coming through and impressing though. Bazoer and Sporkslede are being rotated in the HalfBack role and have been brilliant so far. Dijks is solid at left back too but hes out on loan first season.I have the same issue with too many promising defenders. Do you struggle with home grown strikers? I'm desperate to develop my own Patrick Kluivert but no one seems to develop well enough and I end up selling them all.

Belting story mate. Im doing something similar but I'm spending money for the first couple of seasons to get a strong foundation down. Still got a couple of young lads coming through and impressing though. Bazoer and Sporkslede are being rotated in the HalfBack role and have been brilliant so far. Dijks is solid at left back too but hes out on loan first season.I have the same issue with too many promising defenders. Do you struggle with home grown strikers? I'm desperate to develop my own Patrick Kluivert but no one seems to develop well enough and I end up selling them all.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I'm really enjoying it so I think I'll stick with it maybe until FM15! I found Sporkslede rather underwhelming, plus I got the promising regen van Lingen and Bazoer to play DM if Poulsen, Enoh and Blind are all unavailable. I agree with the ST's. There's no-one who has home-grown at club status that'll make the grade. Karlsson and Menig will have home-grown status in a few season though, here's hoping they develop well, or we get a great one during an intake soon.

What season are you in?