Only just started the second. Buy Ive done the same thing on previous FMs and always found the same problem. Fozens of world class defenders, and full backs and midfielders but never any strikers! This year though Ive given myself a bit of a chance by getting Zivkovic in from Groningen and a couple of other young lads who's names I cant remember. Hopefully one of them will blossom this time around.

Only just started the second. Buy Ive done the same thing on previous FMs and always found the same problem. Fozens of world class defenders, and full backs and midfielders but never any strikers! This year though Ive given myself a bit of a chance by getting Zivkovic in from Groningen and a couple of other young lads who's names I cant remember. Hopefully one of them will blossom this time around.

Zivkovic will be brilliant, we tried to get him but PSG flexed their muscles :/

Good luck with the story anyway. I'll be following this and I might even nick a few ideas on development! Be interested to see how you get on with Denswil. Keep it up!

View attachment 463802
August 2014

A Difficult Start

View attachment 435621

Draws

UEFA Champions League Group C:

Barcelona
, Wolfsburg, Ajax, BATE

Results

Johan Cruijff Schaal
Ajax p1-1 Vitesse
(Chanturia, Fischer)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 Zwolle
(Sigborsson)

Eredivisie
FC Twente 1-0 Ajax
(Brama)

Eredivisie
AZ 0-1 Ajax
(Sigborsson)

Eredivisie
PSV 1-0 Ajax
(Romero)

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-1 FC Utrecht
(Moisander, Oar, Sigborsson, Hoesen, Ruiter o.g)

View attachment 435624

Player of the Month

Kolbeinn Sigborsson
View attachment 465513
Competition is tight between Sigborsson and Hoesen, but unlike the end of last season, I decided to give Sigborsson the nod and he's delivered scoring 3 goals in 5 games, 2 of which were the match winners.

Transfers

View attachment 435622
We've decided to part ways with our player of the season Lasse Schone. Norwich made a strong offer and the deal was done within hour with other parties interested. We concluded he wasn't going to grow anymore as a footballer and it would be more within the Ajax philosophy to give more playing time to Kishna and Meleg with Schone gone.

The only other 1st team sale was that of backup keeper Jasper Cillessen to Greece. Like Schone, we'd rather utilize younger players throughout the 1st team wherever possible. If Vermeer is unavailable, we'll be looking at either van der Hart, or 16 year-old Benali.

Coming in, we've signed the young Belgian DM De Ceulaer and young South African inside forward Tumelo Dlamini who is currently being loaned back to Ajax CT.

Last edited:
View attachment 465515
September 2014

Pushing On

View attachment 434929

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 Roda JC
(Duarte, Hoesen, Fischer)

UEFA Champions League Group C
BATE 3-2 Ajax
(Karabinskiy, Petrov, Konopelko o.g, Fischer, Radzkov)

Eredivisie
RKC 1-1 Ajax
(Ebecilio, Duits)

KNVB Beker
Ajax 5-1 Achilles'29
(Dekker, Menig, Meleg, Besselink, Bazoer, Riedewald)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-1 Feyenoord
(de Jong, Sigborsson, Vormer)

View attachment 434932View attachment 434931

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer
View attachment 434930
A strong couple of games again for Fischer, while not providing as many assists as this time last season, the ball often goes through Fischer before finding the back of the net. He was superb against BATE despite the lose.

Love playing as Ajax, so I'll be following your story mate. :)

I like the idea of using a lot of youth but is there any chance you could include more screenshots of the players you sign/ perform well? Just an idea.

how is denswil progressing, thinking of signing him for my udinese side

Love playing as Ajax, so I'll be following your story mate. :)

I like the idea of using a lot of youth but is there any chance you could include more screenshots of the players you sign/ perform well? Just an idea.

Thanks mate. If that's what people want I'd be more than happy to do it at the end of each season.

how is denswil progressing, thinking of signing him for my udinese side

With the right tutor (I used Iliasu Shilla and still would if I could) his stats are improving very quickly.

View attachment 468633
October 2014

Consecutive Knockout Rounds?

View attachment 433607

Results

Ajax 3-1 Wolfsburg
(Khalifa, de Jong x2, Benayoun)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-1 Heracles
(Denswil, Hoesen, Ars, Andersen)

Eredivisie
GA Eagles 3-3 Ajax
(Duarte, Hoesen, Antonia x2, Visser, van Dam)

Ajax 0-0 Barcelona

Eredivisie
NEC 1-0 Ajax
(Supusepa)

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-0 Excelsior
(de Jong, Nouri, Ebecilio, Denswil)

View attachment 433604View attachment 433603

Player of the Month

Nicolai Boilesen
View attachment 433602
Nicolai has been outstanding over the last month. Since Blind was permanently given the CDM role at the start of the season, the LB spot was open for whoever could step-up their game to the level we expect with Boilesen and the recently back from loan Djiks the main contenders. Several strong performances in the league, and a blinded marking Messi against Barca highlights how far Boilesen has come in 18 months, and how far he can go should we be able to hold onto him when the big clubs come calling.

For the second season in a row, we faced Barcelona in the Champions League. We narrowly lost out to them last year, but this season, using similar counter attacking tactics, we managed to shut-up-shop and grind out a welcome draw. Despite it only being a single point, given how Barca are dispatching of teams, that one point might be enough to see us going through.​

Really good mate, only just seen this. Will get interesting the more you go on! Following :)

View attachment 469531
November 2014

Humiliated

View attachment 433229

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-1 NAC Breda
(Arica, Benayoun x2, Ebecilio, Jozefzoon, Schalk)

Barcelona 4-0 Ajax
(Fabregas, Messi x2, Busquets)

Eredivisie
VVV 0-4 Ajax
(Duarte, Wintjens o.g, Menig, Fischer)

Ajax 2-0 BATE
(Ebecilio, Hoesen)

Eredivisie
sc Heerenveen 1-2 Ajax
(Wolff Eikrem, Jozefzoon x2)

View attachment 433228View attachment 433227

Player of the Month

Lorenzo Ebecilio

View attachment 433226
The man who's been on the sidelines recently as I've preferred playing Andersen wide right stepped up when I posted his name on the team-sheet. A 7.7 average rating over October ensured he was the only one in contention for this award.​

If you need a young backup cm look for Mats Daehli from Molde, 4 star potential.

View attachment 470592
December 2014

Negotiations Galore

View attachment 432783

Draws

UEFA Champions League Round of 16

Ajax vs Manchester United

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-1 FC Groningen
(de Leeuw, Hoesen, Jozefzoon)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 ADO Den Haag
(Denswil, Menig)

UEFA Champions League
Wolfsburg 1-2 Ajax
(Fischer, Nemec, Andersen)

KNVB Beker
Volendam 0-3 Ajax
(Denswil, Menig, van Dam)

Eredivisie
Zwolle 1-0 Ajax
(Saymak)

Eredivisie
Vitesse 0-2 Ajax
(de Jong, Denswil)

View attachment 432779View attachment 432778

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil
View attachment 432777
Yet again, Denswil has been brilliant, proved his massive potential, and repaid my faith in him. He's already an all-round rock at the back with great power, speed, and defensive attributes. But, he's also proving vital in the oppositions box scoring an outstanding 3 goals in 4 games.

Contract Renewals

View attachment 432771
Press Conference at the Amsterdam ArenA

Ajax Chairman Hennie Henrichs: "This morning, Frank and I are delighted to announce ​we've successfully negotiated new contracts with 17 of our players. All have signed for at least the next 3 years, or more. Here is the full list of all renewed contracts."

PlayerFormer Wage (PoundsCurrent Wage (Pounds
Vermeer13,50022,000
de Jong16,00030,000
van Rhijn9,75020,000
Dijks3,6005,500
Sigborsson8,25019,000
Serero7,25015,000
Hoesen8,00015,000 (18,000 after 1 international game)
Moisander9,25011,500
Benayoun12,0008,500
van der Hart1,7003,500
Menig9001,500 (3,500 after 10 games)
Tete1,5002,600 (6,000 after 10 games)
Vissers7751,400 (3,500 after 10 games)
Acolatse8001,300
D. Anderson6251,000 (2,300 after 10 games)
Leeuwenburgh9501,500 (2,700 after 10 games)
Noordhoff 6001,000 (2,300 after 10 games)

View attachment 470871
January 2015

You Hurt Us, Now We Hurt You

View attachment 432679

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 6-2 FC Twente
(Fischer x2, Duarte, Andersen, Kishna, Schilder, Rendla)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-1 AZ
(Beerens, Andersen)

KNVB Beker
FC Utrecht 3-1 Ajax
(Markiet, Ayoub, Sarota, van Dam)

Eredivisie
FC Utrecht 1-3 Ajax
(Sankoh, Duarte, Fischer, Andersen)

View attachment 432678

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer
View attachment 432674
With 3 goals and 2 assists in only 4 games over January, and a 9.6 rating in the thrashing of Twente, Viktor wins another Player of the Month Award. He narrowly edges out Andersen who managed 3 goals and 1 assist.

Despite a tough couple of fixtures up against strong sides so closely scheduled together, we haven't preformed to the levels we've set for ourselves this month. The vengeance win by the 1st team against the Utrecht team that beat the youths in the cup days earlier, and the thrashing of Twente were pleasing though.

My policy of only playing young players in cup games has seen us get knocked out against a full strength Utrecht side. We have managed to go a steps further than last season which is reassuring, and demonstrates the progress of the most promising players coming through.​

If you're still looking for a young striker with bags of potential look for Neilton from Santos (If the Brazilian Serie A is loaded)

If you're still looking for a young striker with bags of potential look for Neilton from Santos (If the Brazilian Serie A is loaded)

Thanks for your suggestions mate, but I can only sign players 17 or under because I need home-grown status for my challenge

View attachment 474799
February 2015

Mixed Month

View attachment 431075

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 PSV
(Andersen, Ebecilio, Hoesen)

Eredivisie
Roda JC 2-1 Ajax
(Fischer, Pluim, Fledderus)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-2 RKC
(Veltman, Sneijder, Fischer, Rommedahl, Sigborsson)

Eredivisie
Feyenoord 0-0 Ajax

Ajax 1-3 Manchester United
(Andersen, Rooney x3)

View attachment 431074View attachment 431073

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer

View attachment 431072
In a disappointing month in terms of both the defensive and offensive aspect of our game, it's difficult to really pick a winner as no-one has really stood out, therefore, I'm giving it to our most consistent and main creative threat in Viktor.

The game against Manchester United was on of extreme emotions. Andersen put us a goal up early in the match off a great counter attack and cross from Fischer. David Moyes' team-talk must have been the stuff of legend as they came out after half time and completely dominated us through an inspired Rooney.​

View attachment 476498
March 2015

Prime Position

View attachment 430360

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 GA Eagles
(Bazoer)

Eredivisie
Heracles 0-1 Ajax
(Fischer)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 NEC
(Lobotka)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 VVV
(Duarte, Jozefzoon)

Manchester United 1-1 Ajax
(van Persie, Andersen)

Eredivisie
NAC Breda 0-1 Ajax
(de Jong)

View attachment 430358
With those 5 league wins this month we only need a draw from any of our next 4 league matches to secure a 5th consecutive leauge title, and the 2nd with me in charge. I'm planning on wrapping it up as soon as possible, then giving the younger players a chance to show their worth in the remaining fixtures.

Player of the Month

Ricardo van Rhijn

View attachment 430357
A solid month for van Rhijn earns him his 1st Player of the Month award. His performance away in Manchester shutting Kagawa out of the game, and his efforts in conceding no league goals in over March saw him as the firm favorite for the award.

Youth Academy

For a second consecutive season we've signed 5 young local players. As it stands, Pot is the only player among them capable of permanently securing a 1st team position according to the coaching staff and me. Because of a less than substantial intake, we're currently looking at bringing in 2 or 3 highly promising young players from around Holland.

View attachment 430326
View attachment 430325
View attachment 430324
View attachment 430323
View attachment 430322

Last edited:
Excellent how your doing, surely the squad harmony of keeping players together and not being replaced will pay off for you.