Consecutive Titles

View attachment 428521

Results

Eredivisie
FC Groningen 2-2 Ajax
(Kishna, Ortiz, Veltman, Texeira)

Eredivisie
ADO Den Haag 1-4 Ajax
(Kishna x2, Kramer, Denswil, Kramer o.g)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-4 sc Heerenveen
(Sahar x2, Menig, Toquero, Uth)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-2 Vitesse
(Pot x2, Ashetij, Salguerio, Kishna)

View attachment 428512
We managed to wrap up the title with our first game of the month, drawing away against FC Groningen. From there, we rotated the squad giving our most promising youth players a few chances to make a name for themselves.

Player of the Month

Ricardo Kishna
View attachment 428511
A brilliant final few cameo appearances of the season for Kishna saw him net 3 goals in 4 matches, all while looking like a constant threat on, and off the ball.

Player of the Season

Stefano Denswil

View attachment 428509
An absolutely outstanding for our young CB, scoring a handful of goals, and keeping countless amounts out. If I'm honest, I knew the boy had the potential to be a key player for the team, however, I didn't expect if so soon! I'm expecting to turn down numerous, large deals from big clubs in the next few months for his services.

Young Player of the Season

Jurgen van de Kerkhof
View attachment 428484
An impressive 17 league appearances for Jurgen, most while still on a youth contract sees arguably our brightest prospect win the Young Player of the Year award.

Youth Player of the Season

Ottar Magnus Karlsson
View attachment 428483

Award Winners

Eredivisie Young Player of the Season

View attachment 428499
A brilliant reflection of our clubs philosophy with places 1 to 3 taken up by Ajax players.

Eredivisie Manager of the Season
View attachment 428497

Eredivisie Keeper of the Season
View attachment 428495

Juliper Young Player of the Season
View attachment 428494

Major Trophy Winners

View attachment 428493View attachment 428491View attachment 428490

Finance Update

View attachment 428489
Upon the clubs 100% purchase of the Amsterdam ArenA we've managed to climb from 48th to 13th in the footballing rich list.​

Last edited:
Subscribed!

As someone managing FC Groningen, with the aim of replacing Ajax as the dominant force in Dutch football, I will be keen to see how you go about.

KUTGW!

View attachment 482964
August 2015

Hitting the Ground Running

View attachment 427689

Draws

UEFA Champions League Group E

Benfica
, Shakhtar, Ajax, Viktoria Plzen

Results

JC Schaal
Vitesse 0-4 Ajax
(Sigborsson x3, Bazoer)

Eredivisie
NAC Breda 1-0 Ajax
(Schalk)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-1 Roda JC
(Hupperts, van de Kerkhof, Denswil, Sigborsson)

Eredivisie
FC Twente 0-2 Ajax
(Bizot o.g, Andersen)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 FC Groningen
(Denswil)

Eredivisie
Vitesse 0-3 Ajax
(Fischer, Serero, Hoesen)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 FC Utrecht
(Denswil, Hoesen, Andersen)

View attachment 427688

Player of the Month

Kenneth Vermeer
View attachment 427684
At times this month our defence was caught out with hopeful long balls playing over our CB's, Vermeer was a man-mountain between the sticks making no less than 6 superb 1v1 saves. In addition to his brilliant 1v1 ability, he also managed to make several spectacular acrobatic saves all capable of being Save of the Year contenders!

Summer Transfers

View attachment 427687View attachment 427686

View attachment 427685
A true future superstar at the back. I have no doubt that if he progresses well, he could make 100 caps for the Netherlands, and maybe even become one, if not the best CB in the world!

View attachment 427683
A solid CM that was signed on loan as a backup player, with a 2.5M buyout. Ideally, I was trying to offload Duarte as I feel he no longer can play a part in the 1st team. Hopefully, we can sell Duarte in the winter to give Bouy more playing time as we feel he's yet to reach his potential.

View attachment 427682
A hard-working young CM that could grow into a potentially regular 1st team player. At the very least, he'll be a good influence on those around him.​

Last edited:
View attachment 483496
September 2015

Down, Then Up Month

View attachment 427434

Results

Eredivisie
PSV 1-0 Ajax
(Romero)

Viktoria Plzen 1-0 Ajax
(Vavra)

Eredivisie
Heracles 0-3 Ajax
(Fischer, Hoesen, Ebecilio)

KNVB Beker
Ajax 3-0 Gemert
(Menig, Andrea, Riedewald)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 AZ
(Sigborsson x2)

Ajax 3-1 Benfica
(Scocco, Sigborsson x2, Andersen)

View attachment 427433View attachment 427432

Player of the Month

Joel Veltman
View attachment 427431
A good month for all defenders, but for Joel in particular. With him acting as the stopper, and Denswil covering the space in-behind, we've only conceded 5 goals in 13 matches.​

View attachment 484284
October 2015

Rotating the Squad

View attachment 427097

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 ADO Den Haag
(de Jong, Denswil)

Eredivisie
VVV 3-0 Ajax
(Castillion, Aquino x2)

UEFA Champions league Group E
Ajax 0-0 Shakhtar

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 sc Heerenveen
(Andersen)

KNVB Beker
Almere City 1-4 Ajax
(Bazoer, Hendriks x2, Lanser, Pot)

View attachment 427100View attachment 427099

Player of the Month

Ricardo van Rhijn
View attachment 427098
No-one particularity stood out as the best player over this month (hard to when so few played 2 games in a row), so I'm going to give it to Ricardo for his consistency and his workmanlike attitude down the right flank in both attack and defence.

With a 2 week international break in the middle of the month, the final 4 games of the month came in very quick succession. Meaning a lot of players were called upon this month. I prioritised the Champions League as the most important matches, and subsequently used subs and youngsters in the Eredivisie and cup matches. They performed well except for the 3-0 collapse at VVV. Hopefully, they'll all learn from this and come back stronger mentally.​

Last edited:
KUTGW! Question though - how's the average level of the Eredivisie? Is the league improving?

KUTGW! Question though - how's the average level of the Eredivisie? Is the league improving?

Generally, opposition players are between 1.5-2.5 stars compared to my players 3-4 star current ability. That's why I'm able to play weaker squads and still get results...

I'd say it is improving each year. Keeping in mind the quality of around 8 "great-or better-rated" youth systems the clubs are constantly turning out great players...As is one of the main concerns for me, are we able to keep a hold of these great young players when the big clubs come sniffing.

Hope this helps

View attachment 485022
November 2015

Dropping Points

View attachment 426801

Results

Eredivisie
Feyenoord 1-1 Ajax
(Pelle, Veltman)

Shakhtar 2-0 Ajax
(Rakitskyi, Wellington Nem)

Eredivisie
Ajax 0-0 NEC

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-1 FC Den Bosch
(Fischer x3, Kilic o.g, Veltman o.g)

Ajax 2-0 Viktoria Plzen
(Andersen x2)

Eredivisie
RKC 0-0 Ajax

View attachment 426800View attachment 426799

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer
View attachment 426797
The brilliant hat-trick against Den Bosch went a long way to Viktor winning this award, and his numerous assists didn't hurt either!

We have 1 final Champions league group match to be played against already advancing Benfica, which will no doubt be the biggest match of the season thus far. At this stage, I think we'll need to win that match in order to progress due to the quality Viktoria Plzen are showing.​

Last edited:
View attachment 485181
December 2015

Progressing!

View attachment 426729

Draws

UEFA Champions League Round of 16

For a second consecutive season: Ajax vs Manchester United

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 Zwolle
(de Jong x2, Kishna)

Benfica 2-0 Ajax
(Veltman o.g, Scocco)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 NAC Breda
(Andersen)

Eredivisie
Roda JC 1-4 Ajax
(Veltman x2, Andersen, Zeefuik, Denswil)

KNVB Beker
Ajax 1-0 AZ
(de Jong)

View attachment 426727View attachment 426726

Player of the Month

Joel Veltman
View attachment 426725
Another great month from Joel defensively, and he even managed to triple his goal tally in a single match!

Staff Signing

View attachment 426724
We've managed to sign club icon Rafael van der Vaart as a coach upon his early retirements from playing. I feel he could grow into a truly superb addition to the coaching team.

Last edited:
Zeefuik moved to Roda JC in your game as well? Huh. That's a pretty coincidence. :D

Anyway, it's going your way, mate. It seems you brought Ajax back to their traditional dominance, so what are your current mid- to long term plans?

Cheers!

Zeefuik moved to Roda JC in your game as well? Huh. That's a pretty coincidence. :D

Anyway, it's going your way, mate. It seems you brought Ajax back to their traditional dominance, so what are your current mid- to long term plans?

Cheers!

Yeah I think each season our results are slightly improving, while our players are improving in leaps and bounds!

I put my 'objectives' on the OP, but I'll happily re-state them. The main goal is the win the Champions League with ONLY home-grown at club players. Judging by my youth team I think it will be possible within 10 seasons, however, I tend to play rather slowly, so it could come down to a race between me and FM15 :)

Yeah I think each season our results are slightly improving, while our players are improving in leaps and bounds!

I put my 'objectives' on the OP, but I'll happily re-state them. The main goal is the win the Champions League with ONLY home-grown at club players. Judging by my youth team I think it will be possible within 10 seasons, however, I tend to play rather slowly, so it could come down to a race between me and FM15 :)

Ah, right mate. Yeah, I read the objectives in the OP - but I was kinda referring to 'how you're going to get there', sorry if I was unclear. :p Because dominating the Eredivisie year after year, until the league in general catches up to you again, might get boring at some point. I was wondering whether you had some mid-term thing going on to keep things spicy!

Ajax produces an insane amount of talent in FM14. In my FC Groningen game, I'm also the national -19s manager on the side. Most of my team is produced by Ajax!

Ah, right mate. Yeah, I read the objectives in the OP - but I was kinda referring to 'how you're going to get there', sorry if I was unclear. :p Because dominating the Eredivisie year after year, until the league in general catches up to you again, might get boring at some point. I was wondering whether you had some mid-term thing going on to keep things spicy!

Ajax produces an insane amount of talent in FM14. In my FC Groningen game, I'm also the national -19s manager on the side. Most of my team is produced by Ajax!

Oh I see what you mean. Firstly, I'm not sure the league will be able to keep up with me. I'm currently doing well, and my young players should grow into better players than the current squad.

Since after the 1st season I've been looking to offload players without home-grown at club status. This allows for more playing time for the youngsters while maintain/improving morale and team understanding. One goal with this is to hopefully one day be able to bring Eriksen back to the club after we've made enough from titles and transfers. I'm really, really **** about player nationality (across all saves) where I won't sign Englishmen outside English-speaking countries. No Europeans if managing in South America ect, so I'd love to have an entire home-grown squad of just Dutch players too. Another, longer term goal is for the Netherlands to win the WC with at least 75% of the squad Ajax home-grown players.

I'd be very much open to any goal/objective suggestions from anyone though! So if you have any feel free to post them!

Last edited:
Well, if you'd really want to crank up the difficulty and assert the dominance of the capital over the perifery (i.e. the rest of the Netherlands): achieve your objectives with at least 51% of your team being born in Amsterdam. ;-)

I admire your playing style! I personally always aim at having the majority of my team Dutch, but I allow foreign youngsters who have been "groomed" to the philosophy of the club. So foreigners under 19 are allowed, I can only buy older players of the nation I'm managing in, and usually from local teams. Not much in favour of buying expensive Dutchmen from Premier League teams.

I did this to keep capital in the Eredivisie. I would often combine this in previous FM's (because I'm not currently at that stage in FM14) where I would sell my rejects on the cheap to domestic teams. The other teams would have more capital, the percentage of Dutch players would remain, and because my players would always be a few grades above the curve, the level of the league would improve.

View attachment 485693
January 2016

Out-Gunned and Outclassed in the Cup

View attachment 426505

Results

Eredivisie
FC Groningen 1-2 Ajax
(Blind, Vermeer o.g, de Jong)

KNVB Beker
FC Utrecht 3-0 Ajax
(de Kogel, Pourie, Pappot)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 FC Twente
(Andersen, van de Kerkhof)

View attachment 426502

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil
View attachment 426501

January Transfers

View attachment 426500

View attachment 426499
We've just brought in the young German LB as we're severely lacking in any kind LB through the youth teams. I would have preferred a Dutchman, however, it seems that according to our scouting, the whole country is lacking in them also.

View attachment 426498
Danny left the club this month due to not being able to fit into our possession based tactic relying on a False9 up top. Danny couldn't adapt so I cashed him in.

Our cup performance was disappointing, our policy of using young players finally came undone as Utrecht's 1st team pushed us aside.​

It's nice to see your policy bearing fruit, a shame about the cup. Perhaps next season!

More regens from other countries please :D

Can't do that mate, it wouldn't be realistic. Ajax have a duty in supplying the national team with class players, and really only sign youngsters from Scandinavia and Belgium.

Even neighbouring country, Germany, is a stretch.