akash777

Reaction score
Intro:
Hello everyone.Ill start off the tactic with a brief description of how it came into existence.So this FM I started by trying to recreate my previous tactic which was great for me in FM 12.Anyways,I got great success with it with United for 6 seasons and wanted to see if it worked with a lower team so tried Newcastle where we ended up 2nd and Reading where we ended 2nd as well.And lastly in Italy with Atalanta where I ended 3rd.Thing was even though my tactic was working it dint have the cutting edge.My teams were having certain field days but at times we just couldnt do jackshit and even though I could get my team out of those situations as the results suggests,it meant having like 5-6 similar tactics to go to depending on the game and viewing it on extended.

Then I finally gave up and realised that by just using the TC and not changing the team instructions I couldn't make a plug n play.So I downloaded the Modern WArfare tactic and then changed it into a 4-2-3-1.I dint change player instructions but mainly changed the player roles to what they were in my tactic,changed the attacking corner to the one i used and changed the defensive corners to the ones I used and that worked a charm.

I was really succesful with Reading winning the League thrice and the CL twice in 4 years with them.Though the last season,I started not seeing as many goals as before.That made me come upon the new variant of the Modern Warfare,so I again just copied the team instructions onto the tactic.And started playing with Reading in the fiftth season to some great results.Finally I wanted to see if it worked with a low team since my Reading team were good by the fifth season and so chose to test it with Granada whom I had used it with previously.I am 8 games into the league and have been beaten once so far away from home by Madrid.I did beat Barca at Nou Camp and was desperately unlucky in the Madrid game as they took long shots and my team werent really adept at stopping the tap ins that resulted from that.

Anyways,the reason I am coming up with this long story about the origin is because I did not want people saying oh he is a cheat or something.The tactic is heavily based on the Modern Warfare and was just adapted into a 4-2-3-1 by me.Anyways,just to finish it off here it is as suggested I input into the OP:credit to bossonova from fm thai, for his tactic that i have used as a base and tweaked into my own.

Results:
Reading
1st Season
League,FA Cup and League Cup
2nd Season
Champions League and FA cup,Charity Shield
3rd Season
League,Club World Cup,FA cup,Charity Shield
4th Season
League,CWC,UCL,FA cup,Charity Sheild
Granada
9 Played 8 Wins 1 Loss

Players:(Players I played)
Keeper:(Begovic,Ruffier)
CD:Good in the air(Tomkins,Wilson,Samba,Smalling,Vertonghen)
FB:All round good wing backs.(De Ceglie,Lowton,Nyom)
BWM defend:preferably the better defender.(Simao,Leiva,Leighertwood)
BWM support:Will get into great attacking situations so good anticipation and movement plus finishing would be ideal.(Mccarthy,Karacan,Jones,M'Villa)
AMC:(Adryan,Kagawa,Lamela,Nem,Hoolahan)
AMRL:Heading + Finishing + movement + Creativity(Tabanou,Lamela,Nem,Torje,Young,Boltons Young)
Striker:Good anticipation and movement and finiishing plus good in the air and half decent quick.(Destro,Belfodil,Castiagnos,Pogrebnyak)

Look for the attributes that the role looks for and any added ones that they may need I have highlited them.

Shouts:
Retain Possesion
Pump Ball into box
Pass into space
Play Wider

Tips:
Train Defenders as ball playing CBs.
If having problems passing from the back,set keeper to long kick to striker.
If team can't cope with opposition midfield and you feel the amc is too attacking set him to AP.
You may also change his marking to man.
Show opposition wingers and fullbacks to show onto weaker foot if playing the full version.Though I havent needed it anymore.But something I used to do with great success previously.OH and tightly mark the fullbacks.Do this only if you need to.
Match Prep:
Team Cohesion and Tactics till your fluid.And then its upto you.I dont really pay a lot of attention there other than making sure its on cohesion and teamwork if i signed players.And harmony is high and tactics fluid etc.

Tactic Screenshot:
View attachment 313366

Link:
View attachment 313361

Last edited:
Yes mate.The results with Granada and Reading are on the 13.2.3 patch.

how did you win the prem in first season with reading well done how low do you think this would work

how did you win the prem in first season with reading well done how low do you think this would work

Have no idea.But I am looking at ways to make it adapt to play with defenders who arent good on the ball.Like say if playign a team who are pressing really high and you feel your cds are not being able to quickly release the ball to the wingbacks.I jsut change the keeper to kick it long to the striker and the central defenders to pass long.

And other than that,I dont know how low it will work.Dont really follow lower league footy but if you want I can give it a shot at the lower leagues.Or you can try and post back.

Oh and I signed Hoolahan on loan,Okore for cb and Adryan and Nem on my Reading first season.Key players to me winning the league.

Reading where we ended 2nd

he mentioned he finished with Reading in 2nd place in the first season in his first few lines, nothing about the league cup or FA either..

so what exactly is this tactic mate? A tweaked Modern Warfare? if so, I think most of the credit should go to however created Modern Warfare?

may give this a go with my fc utd save as this is there start tac

he mentioned he finished with Reading in 2nd place in the first season in his first few lines, nothing about the league cup or FA either..

so what exactly is this tactic mate? A tweaked Modern Warfare? if so, I think most of the credit should go to however created Modern Warfare?
if you look down after that it say first season he won the pl fa cup and lc

yes he did, but in the first line he said he came 2nd in his first season at Reading (which is still very good :))

Hello everyone.Ill start off the tactic with a brief description of how it came into existence.So this FM I started by trying to recreate my previous tactic which was great for me in FM 12.Anyways,I got great success with it with United for 6 seasons and wanted to see if it worked with a lower team so tried Newcastle where we ended up 2nd and Reading where we ended 2nd as well.

then he said he won the pl, FA and LC..

Results:
Reading
1st Season
League
,FA Cup and League Cup

That was before I made the edit from the modern warfare tactic.And then I played another Reading save to see how it compared and I won it this time.And it was much easier win than that one.
Though I dint have Nem and Adryan or Hoolahan there.

yes he did, but in the first line he said he came 2nd in his first season at Reading (which is still very good :))

then he said he won the pl, FA and LC..

Played two saves with Reading.
Like one before Modern Warfare team instructions and one after.Sorry for making it so confusing.And as you can see,I am saying it has the modern warfare team instructions.So obviously a big credit goes there.I would have posted it in that forum but everyone is already confused about which tactic is which in there,so made a new forum.

no worries mate, just making sense of it as it did not tie up :)

well done, anything higher than 6th position with Reading in the first season is a really good achievement ;)

so the bottom line is, it was completely created from scratch by you but you used the team instructions that the MW tactic uses and nothing else?

no worries mate, just making sense of it as it did not tie up :)

well done, anything higher than 6th position with Reading in the first season is a really good achievement ;)

so the bottom line is, it was completely created from scratch by you but you used the team instructions that the MW tactic uses and nothing else?

Nah like I created one from complete scratch which was succesful but needed a lot of managing.
Then I got the Modern Warfare and tweaked it into a 4-2-3-1 with the player roles I used to use in my tactic,as well as changing the setpieces to what I used to use in my tactic.I did not touch player instructions in my tactic other than just make the wingers run from deep sometimes,so did that here as well.

Nah like I created one from complete scratch which was succesful but needed a lot of managing.
Then I got the Modern Warfare and tweaked it into a 4-2-3-1 with the player roles I used to use in my tactic,as well as changing the setpieces to what I used to use in my tactic.I did not touch player instructions in my tactic other than just make the wingers run from deep sometimes,so did that here as well.

so you took the MW and made your own changes to it?

1) it is the correct thing to do to ask the creator of a tactic you upload for permission
2) you give the author of the tactic you used to create your own version the credit

these are the correct things to do mate :)

I suggest you change the name of the thread and tactic to incorporate MW..

I'm off for the weekend

1) it is the correct thing to do to ask the creator of a tactic you upload for permission
2) you give the author of the tactic you used to create your own version the credit

I'm off for the weekend
I did write on the op that its made from the modern warfare tactic and everyone on the modern warfare forums knew about the 4231 since I constantly posted my reading results there.and I'm saying again how it's made from the modern warfare.but I really don't know the uploaded and I don't know Thai so can't really go up and ask him for permission.but yes I got the tactic and then made it into a 4231 and then changed the player roles to Match them with my previous tactic.

I'm off for the weekend

Stop chasing people

I really like this tactic; has made my reading team (no transfers) go on a 6 match unbeaten run!!!!

Really good!