mate im loving this tactic. but just want to give you the heads up that the way you've set p the tactic, those shouts will have no effect on the way the tactic works, because you have tweaked the team and player sliders. shouts will only work when sliders are default. still a great tactic though!

quick question, do you ever play counter?

Okay,i see it's a good tactic i have played 4 frienldy games 4-0-1,and my lost was 4-1.(in 4 games of 5 i have conceded a gola)so my question is should i use OI's now or not?(tactic is not fludi yet).

Last edited:
Shouts:
Retain Possesion (shortens passing style and slows tempo) - useless as you have passing on 0 for all players and fixed tempo
Pump Ball into box - useful
Pass into space (instructs players to make through passs more often) - most of the palyers already have maxed trough balls
Play Wider (increases width and focuses passing down the flanks) - useless, both settings are fixed.

so basicly only Pump Ball into box and maybe Pass into space will have effect on the way the tactic works.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.c...tics/touchline-instructions#retain-possession

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know your opinion on PPM´s. I think that in this year´s FM this make a huge difference on how your team play... And could be the tiny difference between success and failure sometimes...

So:

GK: None
FB: Run forward when possible, stay on feet when tackling
CB:
Mark opponent tightly, stay on feet when tackling, play simple passes
MC:
Mark opponent tightly, stay on feet when tackling, Try killer balls
Wingers:
Run left/right flank, switch to opposite flank, knock ball past opponent (if he´s fast enough for it)
AMC: Runs into channels, switch to opposite flank, one-two passes, places shots
ST:
beat offside trap, one-two passes, run into channels, places shots.

credits go to toonarmy0511 at post #100 in Nezza´s tactic. I was using those PPM´s with nezza´s tactic and I think that this one ain´t no different, unless the 2 BWM´s and the AMC (changes with huge difference in my opinion, for good)

About the wingers I think that balance makes huge difference by the way, so Wellington Nem despite being really good lacks on this one, so I keep training him on balance in individual training, also train your CB´s to speed and your MC´s to strenght. If they are all young and with some potential to work with, it will be major difference...

So you think this could be useful to the tactic? Or do you have something to say about it, like "don´t use that PPM" or use "this one"?

I have trouble with a weak team against a big team a away.

I need to change anything in your opinion?

sorry ^^ i'm french.

Shouts:
Retain Possesion (shortens passing style and slows tempo) - useless as you have passing on 0 for all players and fixed tempo
Pump Ball into box - useful
Pass into space (instructs players to make through passs more often) - most of the palyers already have maxed trough balls
Play Wider (increases width and focuses passing down the flanks) - useless, both settings are fixed.

so basicly only Pump Ball into box and maybe Pass into space will have effect on the way the tactic works.

Touchline Instructions | Football Manager 2013 Guide
Yeah mate I know what you mean.i know exactly what each shout does and how it's supposed to play.but use the 4 shouts and u will see a marked difference in the way the team plays.like retain possession does seen to make the players take their time on the ball a bit more.but I know exactly what you mean since initially I felt the same way about the shouts.but it does work without shouts but I feel works a bit better with shouts.lole attackingly.

First game with this tactic, I'm Atletico Madrid.

Zaragoza 1-1 Atletico
Lots of fouls, 1 red card and my equalizer did come in the 90 min.

But, it's only the first game :)

Edit:
2nd game: Atletico - Real
At half time: 0-0, but another red card for me and 6 yellow cards :)
So 2 red cards in 2 games.

Game finished 1-1, with Real Madrid equalizer in the 93 min :)
Finished the game with an amazing no. of 10 YELLOW CARDS !!!!!!!

Edit2:

Ok, for me this tactic is **** !!

Just finished the 3rd game with a 4-0 lost against Real Madrid and with 8 yellow cards and 1 RED CARD !!!!

So, I have 3 games, 3 red cards and 23 yellow cards :)
And, 3 games, 2 draw, 1 lost..

Last edited:
First game with this tactic, I'm Atletico Madrid.

Zaragoza 1-1 Atletico
Lots of fouls, 1 red card and my equalizer did come in the 90 min.

But, it's only the first game :)

Edit:
2nd game: Atletico - Real
At half time: 0-0, but another red card for me and 6 yellow cards :)
So 2 red cards in 2 games.

Game finished 1-1, with Real Madrid equalizer in the 93 min :)
Finished the game with an amazing no. of 10 YELLOW CARDS !!!!!!!

Edit2:

Ok, for me this tactic is **** !!

Just finished the 3rd game with a 4-0 lost against Real Madrid and with 8 yellow cards and 1 RED CARD !!!!

So, I have 3 games, 3 red cards and 23 yellow cards :)
And, 3 games, 2 draw, 1 lost..

Which player is getting yellow carded?as in position?its ridiculous the amount of cards u are getting since tackling is set to default.i haven't gotten any with Granada yet.ill start as game with athletico on Tuesday and let you know how you can line up and play and see if things go wrong with me too.sorry for it not working though!but did u use any extra shouts?

mate im loving this tactic. but just want to give you the heads up that the way you've set p the tactic, those shouts will have no effect on the way the tactic works, because you have tweaked the team and player sliders. shouts will only work when sliders are default. still a great tactic though!

quick question, do you ever play counter?
I haven't needed to.like I usually play attacking,control, overload and contain if I'm holding a lead.but I'll look into seeing if I can make it work with counter too.but I feel in away games the shouts give the tactic much more solidity.

I love the concept of this tactic a lot but it does seem to leak unecessary goals! I feel I have a team that matches your requirements yet I was still conceding a lot, I can't complain that much because I finished 4th with West Brom, this was my team:
GK: Foster
RB: Billy Jones
CB: Strandberg
CB: Olsson
LB: De Cegile
RCM: Mulumbu
LCM: Yacob
LAM: Brunt
CAM: Wellington Nem
RAM: Dorrans
S: Helenius

To me each of those players was perfect for the position, yet somehow I leaked goals (used shouts and everything), also how an earth did you win with Reading? The squad I used was a lot stronger yet it appears I struggled a lot more.

I love the flow of this tactic but I have just started a new season and I lost 4 games in a row even though I only bought in 2 new players Kirchoff to CB and Destro as striker, I lost to Norwich 1-2 at home for god sake!

Any advice on suring up the defence? Because away this tactic is a liability, but home it is usually dominant. Also does it help having a taller striker? As destro seems to be useless at 182cm but Helenius was dominant (top goal scorer with 25 goals) and he is 195cm?

I love the concept of this tactic a lot but it does seem to leak unecessary goals! I feel I have a team that matches your requirements yet I was still conceding a lot, I can't complain that much because I finished 4th with West Brom, this was my team:
GK: Foster
RB: Billy Jones
CB: Strandberg
CB: Olsson
LB: De Cegile
RCM: Mulumbu
LCM: Yacob
LAM: Brunt
CAM: Wellington Nem
RAM: Dorrans
S: Helenius

To me each of those players was perfect for the position, yet somehow I leaked goals (used shouts and everything), also how an earth did you win with Reading? The squad I used was a lot stronger yet it appears I struggled a lot more.

I love the flow of this tactic but I have just started a new season and I lost 4 games in a row even though I only bought in 2 new players Kirchoff to CB and Destro as striker, I lost to Norwich 1-2 at home for god sake!

Any advice on suring up the defence? Because away this tactic is a liability, but home it is usually dominant. Also does it help having a taller striker? As destro seems to be useless at 182cm but Helenius was dominant (top goal scorer with 25 goals) and he is 195cm?

1.taller striker does help.But destro was my number one for 2-3 seasons,he does allright as well but generally struggles with injuries.
2.erm,did you see how you were conceding goals?like is it when the central defenders are on possession and dallying on the ball and get robbed off the pass or give the ball away?if that's the case ask the keeper to kick it long to helenius and if that doesn't stop the defenders from getting the ball,ask them to kick it longest they can-central defenders I mean.
3.to no honest,not conceding seemed one of the better things about the tactic to me,ESP with Granada.like the opposition got one or two chances here and there but rarely was I leaky in defence.if you could upload a few pkms or share Ur save file or tell me how the goals generally are conceded maybe I could look into it as I'm not getting defensive issues tbh.
3.i think I would play nem on the wings and Dorians through the middle and get someone else in for brunt as he is not that mobile,maybe?and maybe look into billy jones as well?isnt he a bit slow too?are you conceding down that end?are your midfield winning the ball back enough?i know mulumbu us a beast and should.
4.im sorry I'm not being able to be of much help without knowing how you concede and to be giving out random advice would be weird.for me the only problems with Granad-just drenthe and basic squad was at times when the CDs lost or have away possession.other than that it was rarely opposition shooting.and when shooting,shooting long.

Will try some of the stuff recommended and get back to you!

Stop chasing people

not "chasing" anyone buddy.. In his OP he did not mention that the credit goes to the original tactic creator at all when he posted it, he might have gone back to edit it now but he did not..

all I wanted was for him to give credit where credit is due as so many people just use other tacticians tactics and claim it to be their "own" when the only thing they have changed is dropping a striker or cm to amc or dm and changed from control to attack..

that is not their own tactic at all :)

it is the unwritten law of FM and if you do not understand that then that is fine mate, no one expects you to, its just the correct thing and the courteous thing to do as people put alot of hard work into helping others and deserve the credit

Anyways,the reason I am coming up with this long story about the origin is because I did not want people saying oh he is a cheat or something.The tactic is heavily based on the Modern Warfare and was just adapted into a 4-2-3-1 by me.Anyways,just to finish it off here it is as suggested I input into the OP:credit to bossonova from fm thai, for his tactic that i have used as a base and tweaked into my own.

thanks Akash :) saw you edited if after I posted on Friday, that is all I wanted, clear concise credit as you did not mention it before in the first post you did :)

I might give this a try as well, seems like good results

Seems I concede a lot from crosses, and set pieces even though i work on set pieces each week. My CBs both have good ball playing stats so that seems weird to me! Its odd because my friend has played it on our network game with a similar west brom team and he has won 10 out of 12, beating City twice and liverpool.

Seems I concede a lot from crosses, and set pieces even though i work on set pieces each week. My CBs both have good ball playing stats so that seems weird to me! Its odd because my friend has played it on our network game with a similar west brom team and he has won 10 out of 12, beating City twice and liverpool.

I tend to concede majority of my goals from set pieces as well.Havent found a way to work round it unfortunately.Are your three best defenders in both aerial combat and marking set to mark tall and next best headers on back?Also make sure the post markers have good marking(no need for jumping).And the worst jumpers stay forward.

Erm,try defensive positioning for match prep and attacking for the other one maybe?

I havent played since I released the tactic,so sorry am not being of too much help.

Its fine any help is good! Like I said believe the tactic is effective as my friend has had success with it, but in our network game I am playing Southampton and not doing well, will give you an update when we start our new season!

My friend got in the FA cup final and is 5th in the league with West Brom when he was predicted relegation.