Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain close to £5m move from Southampton to Arsenal

mvp93

Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE

Arsenal are close to agreeing a £5million deal for Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Manager Arsene Wenger has moved swiftly to head off interest from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United in the 17-year-old.
Arsenal have a strong relationship with Southampton after signing Theo Walcott in 2006 and the Oxlade-Chamberlain transfer will be similar.

They paid £5m for Walcott with another £7m based on appearances and England caps.

Southampton are still negotiating but hope to achieve £10m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, with the player staying on loan for the rest of the season
His father, former England winger Mark, has said his son can be even better than Walcott, having coached the England forward at Southampton.

Chamberlain said: ‘I’ve worked with both. As an all-round technical player Alex has more to offer.’

The attention of Liverpool director of football strategy Damien Comolli and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has made Arsenal act.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Chamberlain-close-5m-Southampton-Arsenal.html

If it's true it's good news for arsenal another young english star

The leading football magazine in Holland (Voetbal International) stated that Liverpool were close to submit a bid of 12 million euros. They want Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before Arsenal do.

Doubt he would got for £5m, min I reckon is around £9m.

everyone knows arsene never likes to spend so lets wait and see

Would be fun to see a bidding war commence.

although i know Arsenals intrest in him is true, this story is from the dailymail or dailyfail as its known. Also you don't expect his dad to say yer my sons good but that theo fella is much better.

Last edited:
everyone knows arsene never likes to spend so lets wait and see
Wenger isn't too afraid to spend if it's a young guy with a mass of potential.

I mean if this guy turns out as good as he is being touted as, then we could make a good profit or he will just play awesome for us.

Wouldn't mind if he's as good as people say but, I'd much rather get a good centreback.

This is a load of bollocks from the Daily Fail. He has stated himself on numerous occasions that HE IS NOT MOVING. He said he is pumped for the Man Utd game, just days before the window shuts. He does not care about money. He wants first team football, and we wants to stay with us. Don't expect him to go anywhere. It's just the papers making up **** again!

I want him to come to Wolves, he won't, but it would've been interesting to see his development with our other young midfielder, Zele Ismail :)

I don't think he'll go now, but maybe next January, if Southampton are still in League One. This man obviously has a lot to offer to English football and it would be a disaster if he moved to Arsenal now. What he needs is to get some first team experience under his belt in League One and maybe the Championship, then it would be the right time to move.

This is a load of bollocks from the Daily Fail. He has stated himself on numerous occasions that HE IS NOT MOVING. He said he is pumped for the Man Utd game, just days before the window shuts. He does not care about money. He wants first team football, and we wants to stay with us. Don't expect him to go anywhere. It's just the papers making up **** again!
The article did say that if we do buy him, he'll stay at Southampton on loan until the end of the season. And I wouldn't be surprised if we did buy him then Wenger would probably send him back for the next season as well.

He would be a good signing for Arsenal but **** it would be too expensive to get his name on the back of your jersey. Oxlade-Chamberlain - that's one long name. :p

No way he'll go for anywhere near £10 million. That's robbery.

Expect speculation to die down and one of the top 4 will come in next year and gather his services for much less.

omg, the daily fail. :S he won't go for that measly amount anyways

I am not going to believe this story, or any other story about Chamberlain's future until he actually moves. This kid has a bright future, and moving now, even if it's to Manchester United, wouldn't be wise. Better to stay at Southampton for another couple of years.

No way he'll go for anywhere near £10 million. That's robbery.

Expect speculation to die down and one of the top 4 will come in next year and gather his services for much less.

You obviously haven't seen this kid play, he's quicker than Walcott was at the same age and has a brain to match which is something Walcott seems to be lacking when he's on the pitch.

£10million would be a robbery i agree, he'll be worth a lot more one day.

Bang a decent source up. :)