I'm enjoying the player perspective updates, this kid is a good prospect I assume?

Great addition to include some personal accounts by players, especially from a young prospect.

Punzone looks like he could be an absolute gem!

Great addition to include some personal accounts by players, especially from a young prospect.

Thanks!

Punzone looks like he could be an absolute gem!

When I play a 4231, I play a defensive midfielder and a creative midfielder in the middle. He'll be competing with Verratti for the creative spot and might turn out to be better. He might even surpass him this season or next at the latest.

View attachment 238510

Finalllyyyyyy its backkkkk!! Glad to see this continuing, by far my favourite story on here

Love the story mate! Been off FM base for awhile good to be back reading your story!

Lazio Preseason Kick-off

View attachment 238348

View attachment 238347View attachment 238346AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid accepted our invitation to our kick-off cup competition. The stadium was two-thirds full for every match. With the television coverage, that's a nice haul.

I was utterly shocked that we destroyed a Barca squad missing Messi, Neymar and Suarez. The defense was their starting back four and they had Iniesta and Rafinha in the starting XI. Considering how early it is in the season, I have no idea what to make of the result.

My second stringers then went out and held their own against a weaker Real side. Real's finishing was atrocious and my kids looked good. By kids I mean Oliveira, Piccioni, Punzone and Trovo. They are definitely not finished products, but they certainly weren't out-classed or out-gunned. When Christiano Ronaldo equalized in the 84th, I sent on Antonio Candreva and Balde Keita so they could get some PK practice.

In the 90th minute, Candreva had to go and unleash an outside-of-the-boot thunderbolt from the top corner of the box that Iker Casillas waved at as it nearly ripped the far side netting from the goalpost. So much for some PK practice ... ha.

Last edited:
View attachment 238052I am finally over being too nervous to tie my own shoes. Thank God for that. Today, the boss sent a bunch of us kids out to face Real Madrid. I got to shake hands with Gareth Bale, Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas. That was pretty cool. Christiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema were on the bench otherwise, they would have destroyed us.

They had us pinned back for most of the match, but Oliveira and I did pretty well shielding the defense. I'm way faster than my partner, but he's better at knowing where to be. I just make up for it by running more. When they did get past us, Trovo didn't do all that badly.

Captain Ledesma played in the hole ahead of us and did a really good job of talking to us and helping us positionally. That was really cool. It all happens so fast sometimes.

Okay, I'll admit that Bale and his teammates were really wasteful. They had loads of chances and blazed wide or high.

But you know what, it was pretty cool to play against some of the best players in the world. Even if they are out of shape and just starting their preseason.

View attachment 238044Sunday, 18 July 2016

"Good afternoon, Enrico, what's up?" Igli answered his mobile.

"I know which right back I want and I think we can get him," I said. "I want Empoli's Riccardo Fiamozzi."

"Alright," Igli said. "What's the range?"

"Start at one point five," I replied. "We'll get him for two at the maximum according to our scouts."

"Alright," Igli said. "What should I know? Anything?"

"He's not particularly happy right now," I explained. "Went toe to toe with his manager and wasn't happy last season with his playing time."

"Alright, I'm on it," Igli said. "Ciao."

View attachment 238045

View attachment 238041Monday, 19 July 2016 8AM-ish

"My dearest and most noble slab of sexy beast," Gwen said strolling slowly into the kitchen as I was pouring my espresso. She was starting to look the slightest bit wobbly. I can only imagine that coordinating moving and that belly has to be getting more and more difficult.

"Ruh Roh," I said. "Why do I get the distinct idea that I'm in LOADS of trouble?"

"Oh, it's not you," Gwen said. "It's this house."

"Oh?"

"Yes, it's too big."

"Oh."

"There are eight rooms that we're never going to go into," she said. "We're not running a boarding house, not taking in renters. This place is just ridiculously large for us and the rooms we spend the most time in aren't that big and I don't like them so much anymore."

"Even with our stuff in them?" I asked.

She nodded.

"All of our stuff is for a much more modern dwelling," she said after a moment's reflection. "That flat in London. I would like to start looking for another place."

"Okay," I said. "I'm not brave enough to get in the way of a pregnant woman who has made up her mind. Any judge and any jury will let you get away with nearly anything at this point."

I rubbed her belly then bent over and kissed it. The baby kicked me in the face. Or elbowed, maybe. It's hard to tell.

"That kid might turn out vicious," I said. I put my hand back and felt her/him moving around underneath my hand.

"You're so sexy when you agree with me," she said. "Several wives of your coaches recommended some real estate agents to me. I'm going to find one and make him or her show me around. I'll keep you posted. You, of course, are welcome to come along when you're free but I'm getting bored of sitting around so much."

"You do what you got to do," I said.

Last edited:
View attachment 237838

Not much to say about these friendlies. They don't mean anything. We're building up our fitness and the players are learning how I want them to play.

Chuks Aneke and Marco Verratti are gone to play for Nigeria and Italy, respectively, at the Olympic Games. At least they're getting fit.

i read your previous two stories and they are masterpiece!! just noticed this one this morning and will follow this through