View attachment 58694

Alfreton Crash Out Of competition
]

Yet again Alfreton town crash out of another competition, Alfreton put in a dismal performance against an Ilkeston side that has grown in confidence over this past month winning back to back consecutive wins, Woolley said after the game "I told the lads just to go out there and prove something to our fans that this past month is something to forget about but yet again i keep saying this but its so true we are playing ****, all credit to Ilkeston for putting in a okay performance but we should have wiped the floor with these" so can Josh woolley keep Alfreton town in the promotion places, we shall find out soon enough if this man is right for the job

Blue square north fixtures/results

game 21
Alfreton town 6 - Hyde 0
goal scorers - Paul Clayton x3, Andy pugh, Andy Todd, Chris Shaw

FA Trophy 1st RND
Ilkeston 2 - Alfreton town 1
goal scorer - Paul Clayton

game 22
Solihull Moors 0 - Alfreton town 2
goal scorers - Jordan Bowery, Jordan hall

game 23
Droylsden 2 - Alfreton town 1
goal scorer - Chris Shaw

game 24
Alfreton town 3 - Eastwood 0
goal scorers - Jordan Bowery, Andy Todd, Andy pugh

game 25
Alfreton town 4 - Droylsden 2
goal scorers - Andy pugh, Andy Todd x2, Liam Hearn

Injury News

Robert Clarke - out for 3 month due to dislocated shoulder

View attachment 58740

Liam Hearn - back from injury (thank god)

Top goalscorers

1)Paul Clayton - striker (10 goals)

View attachment 58744

2)Andy Todd - winger (9 goals)

View attachment 58745

3) Liam Hearn - striker (7 goals)

View attachment 58746

Player of the month​

Player of the month is hard because everyone's seemed to be playing brilliantly, with the wingers getting in on the act of scoring and even some defenders!!!, but for this month Im going to have to give it to ............................. Paul Clayton, He's scored us some valuable goals this past month and for me if he didn't score the goals he has then we wouldn't be in the position were in now. I could have give it to Andy Todd for scoring some absolute crackers but Paul for me has worked his socks of this past month.

The League table

game 26
Southport 1 - Alfreton town 1
goal scorer - Paul Clayton

game 27
Alfreton town 3 - Workington 2
goal scorers - Andy Pugh, Jordan Hall x2

game 28
Vauxhall 2 - Alfreton town 4
goal scorers - Liam Hearn x3, Andy Todd

game 29
Gloucester 2 - Alfreton town 2
goal scorers - Paul Clayton x2

game 30
Alfreton town 4 - Harrogate 1
goal scorers - Liam Hearn, Chris Shaw, Anton Brown, Jordan Bowery

Injury News

Dominic Roma - out for 1 month due to thigh strain

View attachment 58785

Top goalscorers

1)Paul Clayton - striker (13 goals)

View attachment 58786

2)Liam Hearn - striker (11 goals)

View attachment 58787

3)Andy Todd - winger (10 goals)

View attachment 58788

Player of the month

Player of the month is again terribly hard because yet again other people are getting in on the act of bluddy scoring and Im not complaining, but i think this lad has come back from injury and just showed us how much we have missed him, i think everybody can guess who this lad is, so the winner of the player of the month this month is .............................Liam Hearn. He's already got a couple of goals to his name and may I add absolutely stunning goals over these past weeks and already shown that we have to give him a contract extension.Same for this month as before, I could have give this award to numerous players like Paul Clayton, Andy Todd, Mark Scott, Anthony Howell, Chris Shaw etc etc but Liam has worked his socks off in training to get his rightful place in the starting 11 and showed to me and my coaching staff that he has bags off potential at only 24!!!!

The League Table​

game 31
Gainsborough 3 - Alfreton town 0
no goalscorers

game 32
Northwich 3 - Alfreton town 1
Goalscorer - Paul Clayton

game 33
Alfreton town 2 - Farsley 0
goalscorers - Jordan Hall, Andy Pugh

game 34
Stafford 1 - Alfreton town 1
goal scorer - Anthony Howell

game 35
Alfreton town 4 - Gloucester 1
goalscorers - Liam Hearn, Jordan Bowery, Paul Clayton, Andy Pugh

Injury News

Andy Todd - out for 3 weeks due to thigh strain

View attachment 58876

Top Goalscorers​

1) Paul Clayton - striker (15 goals)

View attachment 58877

2) Liam Hearn - striker (12 goals)

View attachment 58878

3) Andy Todd - winger (10 goals)

View attachment 58876

No player of the month because it isn't end of the month yet :D

League Table

View attachment 58884

Neally done guys, hope I get promotion

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Woolley's men secure play off spot

Josh woolley's men today secured their place in the blue square north promotion places when they won against Corby last game. Alfreton town are top of the table with 7 points clear from AFC Telford but if everything doesn't work out for woolley then he know's his side are still in with a running for getting promotion to the Blue square premier division. This is great for the town and club as a whole to get their spot and woolley said this after the match "The lads have worked so hard for me this year i just want to carry on and get Automatic promotion but we know their's still alot to do before we can sit back and relax"

Last Gasp Goal

Alfreton town have been promoted after pinching a last gasp goal against Hinckley, it was the 87th minute when down the left, Chris Shaw was weaving his magic when he got round the Hinckley right back and put a long beautiful ball into the box where Liam Hearn nodded it into the corner of the net , Goalkeeper for Hinckley got a touch on the ball but only to help it into the his own net. Alfreton town have been plugging away for some months to get a healthy lead at the top of the table but failed to do so up until these last couple of games, At one point woolley's men were 1st in the league, 2 game's to go and only need a win and they would have been champions but failed to win and now it inevitably came down to the last game of the season. Josh woolley has worked wonders for Alfreton town football club said the new chairman "Sean Egan" he also said "Ive come in at a right time as the new chairman and to be given a new manager that's so refreshing to work with is just brilliant, I shall look forward to working with Josh next season and who know's maybe get promotion again but now finally I can have a holiday and just relax, and i bet josh is thinking the same thing". Josh woolley had this to say after the game "Im delighted to get Alfreton town football club into the next league and its been a hard few months along the way but we have got their eventually and me and Sean (chairman) are ecstatic that the boys have pulled their finger out these past games and produced some stunning results". Today sees woolley placed in the Alfreton heroes book as future for Alfreton town football club finally looks brighter.

Fixtures/results​

game 36
Alfreton town 4 - Blyth 0
goal scorers - Paul Clayton x4

game 37
Stalybridge 3 - Alfreton town 0
no goalscorers

game 38
Alfreton town 2 - Redditch 0
goalscorers - Andy Todd, Andy Pugh

game 39
Corby 1 - Alfreton town 2
goal scorers - Andy Todd, Liam Hearn

game 40
Alfreton town 0 - Northwich 0
no goalscorers

game 41
Ilkeston 2 - Alfreton town 1
goal scorer - Jordan Bowery

game 42
ALFRETON TOWN 1 - Hinckley 0
goal scorer - Liam hearn (claimed to be own goal by their keeper but ah'well ;))

TOP GOALSCORERS THIS SEASON

1)Paul Clayton - striker (19 goals)

View attachment 59087

2)Liam Hearn - striker (13 goals)

View attachment 59088

3)Andy Todd - winger (12 goals)

View attachment 59089

View attachment 59090

WE ARE GOING UP, WE ARE GOING UP, WE ARE GOING UP, WE ARE GOING UP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd1YwVAm9Q0"]YouTube- We are Going UP![/ame] - love it :D:D:D:D:D

Player of the season

Player of the season is absolutely know doubt about it the hardest decision of my life but I know I have to give it to someone and this player has been brilliant all season and he's worked for his goals and I think you can have a guess who it may be but the player of the season for 2010 is .................... Paul Clayton, 2nd place goes to Mark Scott, this goalkeeper came in from Swindon town with no confidence whatsoever but he's come out and kept us in some games and Im delighted to award him with 2nd place, 3rd place is hard but ive made up my mind and im going to give it to Andy Todd, he's a winger but scores regularly and im really proud of him this year.

The Table​

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER HERE WE COME :D:D

Blue square premier fixtures/results

game 1
Burton 2 - Alfreton 0
no goalscorers

game 2
Alfreton town 4 - Stevenage 0
goal scorers - Andy Pugh x2, Andy Todd, Paul Clayton

game 3
Kidderminster 2 - Alfreton town 0
no goalscorers

game 4
Alfreton town 0 - Barrow 2
no goalscorers

game 5
Kettering 3 - Alfreton town 1
goal scorer - Andy Pugh

Top Goalscorers​

1)Andy Pugh - striker (3 goals)

View attachment 59539

2)Paul Clayton - striker (1 goal)

View attachment 59541

3)Andy Todd - winger (1 goal)

View attachment 59540

Expectations for this season​

The outcome for this season is just to finish mid table but maybe sneak the play-offs, due to the transfer budget being not what i expected i cannot to buy the players i need to secure automatic promotion, Thats not the chairman's fault but i need to show my managerial skills now and get Alfreton further and higher than the board want me to go.

good luck with this thing :D

but umm does someone know how I can get an assistant manager for a division 11 club ? They all say they aren't interested in discussing terms for the role.

Well done on getting into the BSP mate, and good luck for this season :)

@Jackson: try going for unproved staff, thats what i do, so search for them in staff search

Blue square premier fixtures/results

game 6
Alfreton town 3 - Altrincham 0
goalscorers - Shaun Harrad x3

game 7
Ebbsfleet 3 - Alfreton town 0
no goalscorers

game 8
Alfreton town 2 - Chelmsford 1
goalscorers - Jordan hibbert, Henry mcSTAY

game 9
Mansfield 3 - Alfreton town 3
goalscorers - Paul Clayton x2, Andy Pugh

game 10
Oxford 2 - Alfreton town 0
no goalscorers

Top Goalscorer

1)shaun Harrad - striker (4 goals)

View attachment 60531

Summary of the last five games

I have strengthened as best as I can with the money I have been given and this is the squad for the rest of the season, As you can tell by the results we are doing rubbish to be fair. We have put some heartless performances in and im really angry with the players.My main aim is to get Alfreton in the top leagues as quickly as we can and if we are dropping points like we are doing now we might find ourselves down in blue square north, I know it seems harsh but Im only telling the truth. You could say well, If only the chairman would dig deep and let woolley go wild on the transfer market but that's not how it works in football, You cant throw money at players and expect them to play brilliantly every game especially at this level. I hope my players listen to what I have to say and what the Alfreton town fans have to say and take it on board for our next games. thankyou

The league table

View attachment 60533

Fixtures/results

Game 11
Alfreton town 0 - Rushden 0
no goalscorers

Game 12
Alfreton town 2 - AFC Telford 1
goalscorers - Steven Murty, Shaun Harrad

Game 13
Woking 1 - Alfreton town 1
goalscorer - Liam Hearn

Game 14
Alfreton town 4 - Forest Green 0
goalscorers - Andy Pugh x2, Shaun Harrad, Henry McSTAY

game 15
Alfreton town 1 - Hayes & Yeading 1
goalscorer - Andy Todd

Top Goalscorer

1) Andy Pugh - Striker (6 goals)

View attachment 60691

Summary of the last five games

Woolley's words: "Well My players have took on board what I had to say last update and Im really impressed with them, We have gone into the big games with fight and passion and Im absolutely impressed with my players attitude. Every game we have took at least a point out of every single game and even against the bigger teams we have dominated but not found the net but it will come mark my words and we are now on track for hopefully sneaking into them play-off's, But it's still early days yet and I hope my players will keep this wonderful form up right up until the last day of the football season". chairman's words: "Im really happy with the players and with josh for turning things around and getting away from the dreaded drop but now we have a bigger fight on our hands, which is securing a play-off position, we all know it will be hard this season and if thing's don't go our way then we can look forward to next year. Some fans are hoping for us to get a play-off spot but the fans don't realise is that we need to be financially clean as to speak and be ready for the football league, We don't want to go and get promotion into league two and not being able to afford any of the players wages etc etc. We will have to see what happens"

Signed/loaned

Jordan Hibbert (midfielder)- Loaned til end of season from Barnsley football club

View attachment 60659

Steven Murty (right mid)- loaned til end of season from Stockport county football club

View attachment 60663

Scott Brown (left mid)- bought from Chester football club for £0

View attachment 60662

Henry McSTAY (defender) - bought from Morecambe football club for £0

View attachment 60666

Danny Adams (left back)- bought from Morecambe football club for £0

View attachment 60667

Glenn Wilson (defender) - bought from Crawley football club for £0

View attachment 60668

David Brown (mid/St)- bought from Forest Green football club for £0

View attachment 60670

Mark Cullen (striker)- loaned from parent club Sheffield united football club for 3 months

View attachment 60671

Arsenio Halfhuid (defender)- loaned from Aston villa football club for 3 months

View attachment 60673

View attachment 60674

Woolley has injury worries

josh woolley is facing worries at the back because New signing "Henry Mcstay" injured himself in training last night, he will be ruled out for at least 5 weeks with a serious twisted ankle. Woolley told our reporters today "I am shocked, very very shocked. The amount of injuries we have had just before pre-season its unreal, I am now getting people back to full fitness then we have people such as Henry to worry about now and It might hurt our chances of getting promotion".

View attachment 60690

Blue square premier league table

View attachment 60692

COME ON YOU REDSSS!!