i'm having quite a struggle with this tactic,i mean,i get more than 5 clean chances every match but always miss them and i have conceded 2 or more goals every match! My team is Newcastle and i hired kadlec,niakhaichyk,lukaku,diogo and on the last day of the transfer window i bought nkoulou for my defense problems.
and there's another thing that's buzzing me.I DIDN'T SOULD ANY PLAYER! i tried to sell alan smith,kevin nolan,guthrie,ameobi and steven harper and NONE were sold !
could anyone help me in this situation?

When you sell and buy so many players you need to give them time to gel. I found that this tactic has problems in the defence and you maybe need to concentrate on getting class players there. Try changing roles on the midfield, I fiddled with little success. Selling players sometimes means that you have sell well below their face value. Good luck

I'm going to test this tactic out with my Liverpool team in second season. I've been a fan of yours for a very long time. Your tactics make a lot of sense and I've really enjoyed 'em all.

Thanks mate for giving us some awesome tactics :)

Ok just finished my 1. season with Luton and won the league with ease :D Will report back when i finish the second season.

i played a couple more games and it worked very well,won 3 x 2 liverpool away and 2x1 Man Utd home.Let's see how it goes =D

After extensive use of this i figured two things:

Not so great for players who enjoy packing their teams wonderkids- I swear my Crewe's collective quality (spearheaded by two wonderkid midfielders and two top drawer strikers) outshines teams like Wolves, Birmingham or even f**king Leicester, but still capable of losing to them- even when instructions/recommendations from JP Woody have been followed.

But where this tactic shines- is national teams, because the players are experienced- with Poland, i got them from 105th to 12th before taking up the Sweden job. Roger Guerreiro gave me assists from corners (and Damien Perquis scored them), with Blazyckowski (Kuba) and Obraniak providing from the wings and Janczyk. Best result? England 2-4 Poland at Wembley.

(Corners: Use Near Post instead of Far post- with far post- i found there was far too much time for the goalkeeper to react to the oncoming slow header)

Last edited:
I thought its only me.. This tactic work with england but not in man utd.. But it still one of the good tac available..

Tested this with Milan- played 10 matches and I lost 9 of them. The biggest losts: against Bologna 3:0, against Inter 7:1, against Palermo 5:3 and against Lecce 3:1.

I used Brob's tactics before and won 20 matches in a row.

Tested this with Milan- played 10 matches and I lost 9 of them. The biggest losts: against Bologna 3:0, against Inter 7:1, against Palermo 5:3 and against Lecce 3:1.

I used Brob's tactics before and won 20 matches in a row.

Then why didn't you stick to Brob's tactic? lol.

I'm not having any luck with this tactic atm, just lost 1-0 to Everton at Old Trafford :( Gonna give it a few more games.

Hey JP,
been using this tactic for my Man United save and it is working amazing. I'm in February and am top of the league with only 2 defeats and Rooney and Henandez both have 20+ goals.
But in the summer I will be looking for a scholes replacement for the left CM (support). Do you have any suggestions? I was looking at Modric or Khedira. Would either of them fit.

Cheers for a great tactic :)

thanks for this JP :D won the treble with Celtic in my first season :)

JP which tactic do you think is better(for man utd) this tactic or your high scoring tactic?

OK I'm almost through my 2. season with Luton (curently 2. place after 35 games, media prediction 12th). After almost two season I can say this, it's a great tactic JP :) One advice, if you're against a lone striker formation, I suggest you change the CB's marking to zonal. Will paste the screns of the table after I'm through the season, expecting consecutive promotions :D

Hi JP, I love this tactic but my PC has died on me so I am now playing FM12 on iphone, so could you please please please simplify this tactic for the handheld version by letting me know what role each position plays.
Marcvs