American Pepsi SuperLeague Franchise Applications

ParkLane82

Reaction score
View attachment 429993

North American Pepsi SuperLeague

New Franchises Needed

After the perceived failure of the MLS in becoming a worldwide, reputable brand and competition, the US Soccer Federation along with the Canadian Soccer Federation decided to form a new, more European-influenced league to propel American soccer into becoming one of the best in the world. Teaming up with Pepsi, other sponsors, local businesses and money from their respective governments with the intention of creating a world-class league, they created the Pepsi SuperLeague.

To do this, however, there must be teams with the ambition to match. This is where you come in. You are a businessman who would like to add their own franchise to the league. To do this you must make an application (in the style I will set out later) for your own team to participate in the new league outlining every facet of your proposed franchise. I will act as the Federation in control of the league and I will choose to accept or deny any application. There will obviously be some give and take and I may ask you to review some aspects of your team for the good of the future of American soccer.

How you go about creating your franchise is up to you. Do you choose a smaller city in order to avoid competition over the rights to belong in one of the larger cities such as New York or LA, or are you confident enough in your own vision that you will create the outstanding team for that city? Do you rent an existing Stadium in your chosen location or build your own? If so, where do you get the money to build it? Spend your precious dollars or cave in to companies wanting naming rights? Multi-purpose venue with government backed money? How are you going to get people to come to your games? Work with the fans to create an unforgettable atmosphere and put ticket prices down or come up with dastardly schemes to get people in whether they are cheering your team or not? Anything you can think of that's realistic you can put in your application. This hypothetical world is your oyster.

However, of course, there are some restrictions. Each team will have a total budget of $50million made up of sponsorship, government funds, local and outside business investment and, of course, out of your own deep pockets.

What you spend it on is up to you, however, here is what is necessary:

Stadium and Training

If you choose to build a stadium it will cost well in excess of $50million (explained in detail later). This is obviously over your budget. Should you decide to do this, you will go into debt the amount you spend, at an interest rate decided by the football federation. You can apply for a local government grant or organise naming rights in order to massively subsidise this cost.

Renting an existing stadium will cost you $25k per 1000 seats per year and you must pay the first year fee up front from your original budget.

Buying an existing stadium, providing it is available and a realistic option, will cost minimum $750k per 1000 seats, plus a reasonable asking price put on it by the current owners (decided by yours truly). However, again, like building a stadium this can be reduced and purchased using a loan.

If you would like to improve the capacity or renovate a stadium this will cost you $3.5million per 1000 seats and upgrading a stage (for example, from 'good' to 'very good' on the editor) of standard of stadium costs $5million at a time. Relaying a new pitch costs $100,000.

Building a Stadium

The initial cost of building a stadium is the same as expanding one: $3.5million per 1000 seats. However, there are many add-ons. The amount taken to buy the land needed ranges depending on where the stadium is built: in an existing stadium site or away from urban areas, this could be as little as $10million, however, in built up city areas this could be as much as $75million. Take note, however, that local government are more likely to make investments in stadiums in built-up city areas than those outside, and that in cities with established transport links, no money is needed to pay to improve transport. In addition to this, a new pitch will cost $1million and facilities etc. will cost an extra $1million per 1000 seats.
If you want to build a new stadium you will have to provide the latitude and longitude coordinates and exactly where it is. Here is a useful site to use to find that: Latitude and Longitude of a Point .

Training Ground

Building a training ground, headquarters and coaching network will cost a blanket $5million (I dont care where the training ground is) and, similarly to the stadium standard, each standard of training, youth falicities, youth coaching and youth recruitment (divided, once again, into poor, average, good, very good) will cost $1million per upgrade of each category. For example, for a 'good' rating on each category you would pay $12million more for your training ground.

Buying an existing training ground costs $100k by the same standards. So the same training ground would cost minimum $1.2million plus the asking price of the owners.

Buying Staff and Players

I've had a think about this and I've decided I haven't got the time or ability to do an indivdual auction for each player. So what I've decided to do is to auction each team from the MLS as a whole, each one going to the highest bidder as a starting point.

The money you have left over can be considered your transfer budget. To buy foreign players or to sign another staff member you can message me and I will act as the other negotiating party. If you want to negotiate to buy another player from a team in the game you have to agree a price with them and then confirm with me.

If you would like to apply please PM me in the format below including all the details I include. You can work out prices for yourself or I can work it out for you.

The more attractive the club you create (attendance, reputation, stadium size etc.) the bigger the extra sponsorship revenue will be.

I'm a big fan of the Wire so I chose Baltimore and the name reflects that as well haha.

Team name: Baltimore Stevedores
Short name: Baltimore
6 Letter name: BMS
Nickname: Checkers (in reference to their black and white kit that looks like a chess board - see later)

Stadium: Ridley Athletic Complex
Capacity: 6,000 (to be renovated up to 18,000 over the next four years, and synthetic pitch to be removed and replaced with grass)
Training Ground: Ridley Athletic Complex

Cost
Buying Stadium (includes training ground): $15.3million (owners asked for $10million)
Total Stadium Expand: $42million
Pitch Relaid: $100k
Upgrading Training: $1million

Match ticket price: $20
Season Ticket Price: $300 (based on the assumption that they play 18 home games)

Description of kits and colours:
Home kit: Checked design with black foreground and white background, red outline and white number colour.
Away kit: Plain red design with black outline and number colour.

Applying for government grant to expand Ridley Athletic Complex ($40million) and changing name to Ridley Park.

I hope this makes some sort of sense as its been a lot for me to put down at once, so any questions are appreciated and I will try to respond.

At the moment I'm looking for 12-20 teams for the single league but if more people than that apply then I might expand to a two tier league system.

Transfers and players will be done once I know whos in the league and how many people etc.

Once everything is done I will post the resulting database online and you can play as your club.​

Last edited:
I'm going away for the weekend and won't be able to get on a computer much but I will catch up with any applications when I get back.

We have one team already entered based in Alaska, along with my own Baltimore team.

Want to start seeing some big city's coming in, I'd love to have a proper city rivalry if possible.

HI, i am very much interested in playing this. I hope you'll be patient with me. I've played footy manager for years since the early champ man days but have never played an online game before!!

I'm going to look into location etc tomorrow. I want to make a team close to Alberqueque (hopefully get some Mexican influence in my team) and i was looking at getting Mr Walter White as my Chairman :) inspired from the Breaking Bad series. He has to use his money for something other tahn buying car washes.

How do we play online? Just a quick brief intro would be great. Is it new online game- play with friends?

Thanks again

Dan

>Team name: FC Albuquerque

Short name: Albuquerque

6 Letter name: FCAl

Nickname: Crystal Blues

Stadium: Albuquerque University Stadium

35.06724 -106.62827

Capacity: 39,224

Training Ground: Albuquerque soccer club (upgrade to good on everything)

Cost

Buying Stadium (includes training ground):?

Upgrading Training:?

Match ticket price: $20

Season Ticket Price: $300 (based on the assumption that they play 18 home games)

Description of kits and colours:

Home kit: Sky blue shirt

Away kit: Yellow shirt

Third kit: Red shirt
View attachment 481288View attachment 481289View attachment 481291

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Just to say we've had applications for teams from New York, Alaska, Miami and Alberquerque, and a few others are coming in shortly.

I'd really like to see some more teams from cities like Boston, Chicago or LA (although I have an idea for an LA team) etc.! Keep the great ideas coming!

Cheers

ok before sending my request, I have some quenstions.

Why do we have the option to build or buy a stadium, since it is very obvious that buying one is a lot cheper!
For example: an existing 10.000 capacity stadium costs 7.5M.

If you choose to built a new one, it will cost you 3.5M X 10 = 35M (poor stadium facilities)
+ 10M if you want it to be built outside the city

"Take note, however, that local government are more likely to make investments in stadiums in built-up city areas than those outside, and that in cities with established transport links, no money is needed to pay to improve transport. In addition to this, a new pitch will cost $1million and facilities etc. will cost an extra $1million per 1000 seats."

+ 1M for pitch
+ 10M for ?stadium condition? (poor?)
+ 10M for corporate facilities (poor?)

total of minimum 66M!

The same occurs in training.

"Building a training ground, headquarters and coaching network will cost a blanket $5million (I dont care where the training ground is) and, similarly to the stadium standard, each standard of training, youth falicities, youth coaching and youth recruitment (divided, once again, into poor, average, good, very good) will cost $1million per upgrade of each category. For example, for a 'good' rating on each category you would pay $12million more for your training ground."

cost = 17M

"Buying an existing training ground costs $100k by the same standards. So the same training ground would cost $1.2million"

cost = 1.M

Therefore, why bother building??????

Finally, how will I set the season ticket, since I do not know how many teams are going to participate in the league.

ok before sending my request, I have some quenstions.

Why do we have the option to build or buy a stadium, since it is very obvious that buying one is a lot cheper!
For example: an existing 10.000 capacity stadium costs 7.5M.

If you choose to built a new one, it will cost you 3.5M X 10 = 35M (poor stadium facilities)
+ 10M if you want it to be built outside the city

"Take note, however, that local government are more likely to make investments in stadiums in built-up city areas than those outside, and that in cities with established transport links, no money is needed to pay to improve transport. In addition to this, a new pitch will cost $1million and facilities etc. will cost an extra $1million per 1000 seats."

+ 1M for pitch
+ 10M for ?stadium condition? (poor?)
+ 10M for corporate facilities (poor?)

total of minimum 66M!

The same occurs in training.

"Building a training ground, headquarters and coaching network will cost a blanket $5million (I dont care where the training ground is) and, similarly to the stadium standard, each standard of training, youth falicities, youth coaching and youth recruitment (divided, once again, into poor, average, good, very good) will cost $1million per upgrade of each category. For example, for a 'good' rating on each category you would pay $12million more for your training ground."

cost = 17M

"Buying an existing training ground costs $100k by the same standards. So the same training ground would cost $1.2million"

cost = 1.M

Therefore, why bother building??????

Finally, how will I set the season ticket, since I do not know how many teams are going to participate in the league.

Its quite expensive building Stadiums... same with training grounds... I also quantified the 'buying stadia' bit by stating IF IT WAS AVAILABLE and realistic for you to buy it, most stadia currently are not for sale but for rent only. I'm sorry I did not make that clear enough, I will edit that. I will add in that all stadia have a price too but it might be much more than the proposed figure, depending on the wealth and position of the current owners. Training grounds, if you want to buy, have to be detailed in the application, and the same rules apply.

You would build a stadium if you could find no other viable alternative, or because you want a nice shiny new stadium for yourself which is perfectly suited to your needs, as in real life. Also, as I outlined in the brief, there are many funding options for building a new stadium which makes it much cheaper.

I based my season ticket price on there being 18 home games, this can easily be edited should we not get that many teams. Ill just work out what price per home game youve chosen, and apply it to the different number of teams.

Hope that clears

Its quite expensive building Stadiums... same with training grounds... I also quantified the 'buying stadia' bit by stating IF IT WAS AVAILABLE and realistic for you to buy it, most stadia currently are not for sale but for rent only. I'm sorry I did not make that clear enough, I will edit that. I will add in that all stadia have a price too but it might be much more than the proposed figure, depending on the wealth and position of the current owners. Training grounds, if you want to buy, have to be detailed in the application, and the same rules apply.

You would build a stadium if you could find no other viable alternative, or because you want a nice shiny new stadium for yourself which is perfectly suited to your needs, as in real life. Also, as I outlined in the brief, there are many funding options for building a new stadium which makes it much cheaper.

I based my season ticket price on there being 18 home games, this can easily be edited should we not get that many teams. Ill just work out what price per home game youve chosen, and apply it to the different number of teams.

Hope that clears

Hi matey, above is my application. I'm a little confused as to whether to buy/build or rent training grounds and stadiums Don't really know where i stand on this? Do I search in real life for a close enough pitch etc to buy or in the game?

dan

Hi matey, above is my application. I'm a little confused as to whether to buy/build or rent training grounds and stadiums Don't really know where i stand on this? Do I search in real life for a close enough pitch etc to buy or in the game?

dan

I would do a search for stadiums in alberquerque and then if one catches your eye and is suitable then buy or rent it, if not, building may be your only option.

Training grounds are the same, university sports grounds, NFL fields or old MLS grounds are the best place to go if you dont want to build your own.

hi, yea i did a search for stadiums. I would like the Albuquerque University Stadium . My question is how much is this going to cost in rent etc? how would i find out? and how much would the alternatives be?

same for training grounds?

hi, yea i did a search for stadiums. I would like the Albuquerque University Stadium . My question is how much is this going to cost in rent etc? how would i find out? and how much would the alternatives be?

same for training grounds?

The formula needed for working out prices for any stadium is in my original post.

Renting the stadium would cost 975k per year. Buying the stadium would cost a minimum $29million plus whatever the university would want for the ground, which would be a reasonable amount.

The formula needed for working out prices for any stadium is in my original post.

Renting the stadium would cost 975k per year. Buying the stadium would cost a minimum $29million plus whatever the university would want for the ground, which would be a reasonable amount.

oh yea, sorry my bad!!!

...sorry for these dumb questions. I just wanna get it right! - As for grants, stadium right selling etc how do we go about getting them? re-pay amounts and interest rates for loans?

oh yea, sorry my bad!!!

...sorry for these dumb questions. I just wanna get it right! - As for grants, stadium right selling etc how do we go about getting them? re-pay amounts and interest rates for loans?

JUst ask for them and, if its a realistic request then it will be granted.

No worries, it was a long-winded introduction I admit haha

has there been any more applicants? looking forward to seeing the teams entered! and ofcourse playing the game!

how do i go about asking them? I've never applied for them before? is that a board request? even for the selling of naming rights?

No you just message me your application. I act as the League's decision-making body for the game

5 teams confirmed so far with several others yet to get back to me. As much as its annoying for everyone who got in first I think we might have to wait a good while to get a proper number of teams in Im afraid

I think some of us early entrants should get elected onto ur american FA ;) haha