American Premier League Chairman Game - Sign Up/Discussion

Mkmillwall

Reaction score
View attachment 290452
AMERICAN PREMIER LEAGUE:
Intro:
Welcome Future Chairmen, get ready to make history! Basically, the MLS has always been a sort of weird league in the fact that it has so many regulations and such a different format, and it also is not one of the top leagues in the world. So, my idea is to create a new league (actually set of leagues but more on that later) in the USA, the Samsung American Premier League, and have the FM-Base members become chairmen of the franchises in the league and try to make it a top league in the world. Basically, you will be able to create your own franchises, and, similar to all other chairmen games, set finances, budgets, hire/fire staff, bring in players, and manage contracts. The idea behind this is more direct management in that your manager is responsible for training and running matches and can hire/fire staff as well, but as Chairmen in the new league you will act more as General Managers as well (more on that once the story actually starts). For every chairman game of course, you will have to go through me to confirm your changes. Please, before you sign up, read the rules and obligations so you understand what’s going on; I know it’s a lot but it will be confusing if you do not! Thanks!

League Info:
So whats happened is that the MLS has been disbanded and all of the professional US teams have been removed. In its wake steps in a new league system, the Samsung American Premier League, which is a two tiered system with twelve teams in each division and two promotion/relegation spots. The new domestic cup is the Ford American National Cup, in which all teams participate (random draws). Because this is a new league system, 24 expansion teams are up for grabs.That’s where you come in. Guide your club to glory or resign and have someone else take your place. In the end: you get to build a legacy from scratch. How will that shape up? You decide. (When the game actually starts I’ll do a big story post about the league).

Chairman Game Info:
For those who don’t know what a chairman game is, it is basically where you become the owner of a club and have the ability to hire managers, buy/sell players, upgrade facilities (including stadiums but not yet) etc. Because this game involves a little more dabbling into the direct management role with your manager having less responsibilities, you get to have a direct play in how the team functions. Then, I simulate the games and based on transfers/matches, the chairmen write press conferences or reports about what has been going on. Questions? Feel free to ask!

Rules:

Joining:

1) To sign up you must have a copy of FM15.

2) If you join you agree to put some effort into your press releases. If you won't be able to spare a few minutes to write a proper post then don't bother to sign up.

3) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game.

4) Before joining, read ALL of the rules on this page and make sure you understand them. If you do not understand something then PM me and I will explain it to you.

5) Note: This is a long-term game and therefore different to other chairman saves in that I plan to keep this going on for a while. I know not everybody will share long term commitments, so therefore I ask that before stopping to play you make a press release announcing your sale of the club. In this way, the legacy of your franchise stays so that other people can manage it as well (builds history around the club). If you do not announce your resignation and don’t post for half a year (in-game), you will automatically have your club sold. Also, when you sign up, please try and at least play for a season or two before quitting.

Application:

Registration Form:
Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama):
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter):
City:
Stadium (Can’t be Existing):
Stadium Capacity (25-35K):
Home Kit Colors:
Away Kit Colors:
GK Colors:
Logo (Must Currently be in-game):
Email Address:

Club Info/Finances/Transfers/Initial Player Requirements:

Misc. Information:
Two Divisions of 12
Every team plays the team in their division three times
Everyone starts with 7000 reputation
12 Coaching/Youth
After first season, you set your own budgets.
Make sure you start with Pounds as currency.
For every 10 million in debt, a club must sell a marquee player
Transfer Windows: June 1-July 31; Jan 1-Jan 31
Season: August-May

Division Placement and Transfers:
Basically, the first twelve people to register will be in the top division and the next twelve will be in the bottom. Furthermore, once the window starts, assuming your initial wage and transfer budgets aren’t passed in a deal, it will also be first-come first-serve for signing staff and players. The story thread will only start once everyone’s squads have been assembled (so that the first posts can be introductory and squad analysis).

Money First Season(1st Division):
Finances: 30 Million
Transfer Budget: 18 Million (does not count towards Finances)
Wage Budget: 150,000 (Staff wages do not apply/Only for First Year)
Prices for Upgrading of Coaching and Youth by 2 = 2M
Removal of Staff: wage x Period Left on Contracts in Years
For wages <1000, round to nearest 25; for >1000, round to nearest 100

Money First Season (2nd Division):
Finances: 25 Million
Transfer Budget: 12 Million (does not count towards Finances)
Wage Budget: 100,000 (Staff wages do not apply/Only for First Year)
Prices for Upgrading of Coaching and Youth by 2 = 2M
Removal of Staff: wage x Period Left on Contracts in Years
For wages <1000, round to nearest 25; for >1000, round to nearest 100

Club Requirements:
Personnel (Reputation of National or Lower):
  • 1 Manager (Manager Role: Lineups, Tactics, Staff Decisions, Training, Can Neg. Contracts)
  • 1 Assistant Manager
  • 2-6 Coaches (includes GK/Fitness)
  • 1-3 Physios
  • 1-3 Scouts
*For the first season, clubs will be allowed to hire staff members with 1.25 times the wages that those members had at their former clubs; please let me know for how many years you want each staff member. For unemployed staff members, simply load up a save with a 7000 reputation team or thereabouts (ex. Girondins d’Bordeaux) and approach to sign the staff member. Whatever their initial wage demands are, report those demands x 1.25 as the wage (be honest). For future seasons, clubs will have to pay the clubs of former staff members wage x period left on their contracts in years to move them to their clubs and the staff will have the same wage increase of 1.25 the original wage. Remember, managers can hire and fire staff members so be careful about who you pick!

Players:
  • Maximum 10 Internationals (i.e. Foreign Players, not necessarily players with int'l experience)
  • Minimum 5 under-21
  • Contract Types:
    • Senior Marquee: 10K+ (First Division only allowed 5; Second Division only allowed 1)
    • Senior Star: 5-10K (First Division only allowed 5; Second Division only allowed 7)
    • Senior Player: 1-5K (First Division only allowed 15; Second Division only allowed 17)
    • Developmental Player: <1K
  • Squad Size: (Min. 25 - Max. 33)
  • Max 5 Loan Players: Must pay 100% of wage at old club (Loans Must Be Realistic)
  • After the First Transfer window, you may set your own budgets for transfers and wages, but remember it will go directly from your finances, so be careful.
Transfer Details:
Price:
  • International/US Foreign Based:
    23+ = Value
21-22 = Value x 2
20- = Value x 4
  • US Domestic:
All Ages = Value
  • In order to have the correct price, load up an MLS team before searching for your player and select January 2014 as the start date.
Contract:
Current Contract -
1 year deal = same wage
2 year deal = wage + .25 wage
3 year deal = wage + .5 wage
4 year deal = wage + .75 wage
5 year deal = wage x 2
*If the player is a free agent, simply load up a save with a 7000 reputation team or thereabouts (ex. Girondins d’Bordeaux) and approach to sign the player. Whatever their initial wage demands are, report those demands and multiply them by however long you want the player to be at your club(be honest).

Contract Renewal:
In order to renew a contract, adhere to the same rules that would apply to signing a new player. Bosman transfers are not allowed, so players, until their contracts expire, are obligated to stay in the same club.

Note: I will post a form for submitting your rosters/staff and a transfer form once registration is complete and the window starts.

Please if you have any questions, FEEL FREE to PM me and ask away, I’m happy to explain, and there will be much more content coming out once the game starts on a separate thread. Basically, once registration is over, this will serve as the discussion thread and there will be a new thread for press releases and Chairman official posts only. Well … Good luck guys!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Chairmen:

American Premier League - FULL
1. Sporting D.C. - Mkmillwall - [email protected]
2. Boston A.F.C. - lewie100 - [email protected]
3. LA Raiders - AidanD10 - [email protected]
4. Dallas United - dwellsnyc - [email protected]
5. CF El Paso - Futsalplaya - [email protected]
6. New York FC - Telstar - [email protected]
7. Birmingham Bears - bcfc1 - [email protected]
8. Miami SC - Matt419 - [email protected]
9. San Antonio Spurs - Rootsey - [email protected]
10. Las Vegas City F.C. - conorc98 - [email protected]
11. Houston Heroes - TheCelticKid - [email protected]
12. San Jose Sharks - EoinM21 - [email protected]

American Championship - FULL
1. Chicago Ducks - Murley - [email protected]m
2. Las Vegas Kings - Disclaimer89 - PM
3. Denver Dragons - Znik - [email protected]
4. Scottsdale Rangers - craigsmith1995 - PM
Philadelphia City - Sam96lfc - [email protected]
6. San Diego Aztecs - kenrry10 - [email protected]
7. Phoenix Rangers - LeedsUnitedAndProud - [email protected]
8. Washington Olympic SC - Hoseth - [email protected]
9. Portland Pandas - zacram - PM
10. The Islanders - wonderkid360 - [email protected]
11. New Jersey Jaguars - Eoin McG - [email protected]

12. Idaho Magic FC - bornexplorer88 - PM

Standby List - Open
1. Godfish93

Last edited:
Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama): Alan Shearer
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter): Boston A.F.C (Bostoners + BOSNFC)
City: Boston
Stadium (Can’t be Existing): Boston Park
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 27.5k
Home Kit Colors: Red + White Stripes
Away Kit Colors: Black + Blue Stripes
GK Colors: Green
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Just use the Boston United badge. (I'm lazy. :p)
Email Address: [email protected]

Chairman Name: Sir Alex Ferguson (If not realisitic use Gary Neville)
Team Name: LA Raiders, Raiders, LARAID
City: Los Angeles
Stadium (Can’t be Existing): LA Park
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 25K
Home Kit Colors: White + Red Hoops
Away Kit Colors: Blue
GK Colors: Purple
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Use Crawley Badge

Last edited:
The only thing I'm confused about is how you actually get your players at the start. Can you explain this a bit better for me please? :)

Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama): Ted Lasso (if not Mark Cuban)
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter): Dallas United
City: Dallas, TX
Stadium (Can’t be Existing):Independence Lane
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 35K (everything is bigger in TX)
Home Kit Colors: White Primary and Navy Blue secondary
Away Kit Colors: Navy Blue Primary and White secondary
GK Colors: Orange
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Just a generic white D inside a navy blue circle.

Chairman Name: Sir Alex Ferguson (If not realisitic use Gary Neville)
Team Name: LA Raiders
City: Los Angeles
Stadium (Can’t be Existing): LA Park
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 25K
Home Kit Colors: White + Red Hoops
Away Kit Colors: Blue
GK Colors: Purple
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Use Crawley Badge

Either would be fine!:)

The only thing I'm confused about is how you actually get your players at the start. Can you explain this a bit better for me please? :)

Basically, once the first "window" starts, you have 18 million (if your in the top division) and 150K wage budget that you can sign players with. Just load up the MLS with January 2014 and look at what the player values of any player you want are. Then use the multipliers for the directions to calculate the prices and wages ... I'll provide a form to submit everything in once we have all of the chairmen. Staff wages don't count towards the budget and your transfer budget doesn't count against your finances. However, any purchases made after the first window will count towards your finances so it should be smart to play financially safe. Other q's?

Last edited:
Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama): Stiliyan Petrov
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter): Sporting D.C.
City: Washington, D.C.
Stadium (Can’t be Existing):
National Presidents Park
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): (30K)
Home Kit Colors: Red, White, and Blue
Away Kit Colors: Blue, Red, and White
GK Colors: All Black
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Seems the trend is existing club logos, I'll take D.C. United's logo then

Last edited:
Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama): Ted Lasso (if not Mark Cuban)
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter): Dallas United
City: Dallas, TX
Stadium (Can’t be Existing):Independence Lane
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 35K (everything is bigger in TX)
Home Kit Colors: White Primary and Navy Blue secondary
Away Kit Colors: Navy Blue Primary and White secondary
GK Colors: Orange
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Just a generic white D inside a navy blue circle.

I like the idea of Mark Cuban if that's ok with you and also for your logo could it be an existing one?

Last edited:
This game is gonna be a tight game (Money wise) Only 150k wage for 18 players!

Guys for logos going to change the form to pick an existing logo ... but it can't be from a top division side outside of the MLS thanks!

Also, been testing the game format, everything works, just one bug, still has MLS/Second Division on reputation list even though competitions don't exist anymore but I think it may be hard coded.. other than that looks good so far!

Last edited:
This game is gonna be a tight game (Money wise) Only 150k wage for 18 players!

I've already gone and scouted a 33 man roster and I'm happy with it and it falls 13K under wage :) and don't worry staff wages don't count towards wage budget.

This looks very interesting. I am definitely going to join this. Sorting out my registration now.

I don't have anybody near world beater? And my most expensive wages are 23K?

Also guys... if you want you can have a team from an already taken city but please can we limit it to 2-3 per city? Thanks!

PM'ed mkmillwall my registration form it won't let me submit my form on the thread for some reason as it says that too many urls are being used even though I don't use any. He'll have my form up soon :)

Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama): Vincent Tan
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter): CF El Paso
City: El Paso
Stadium (Can’t be Existing): El Matador
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 27.5k
Home Kit Colors: Green + Red Hoops
Away Kit Colors: White + Green Hoops
GK Colors: Green
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): Use Wealdstone Badge
Email: 4adi99 (gmail)

Futsalplaya's form.

Did Telstar's form disappear? Also, for logos, does anybody know the best way to match the logo with the team?

Chairman Name (Real Person and Realistic ie not Obama): Jupp Heynckes
Team Name (with Nickname and Six letter): New York Football Club (New yorkers + NYFC)
City: New York
Stadium (Can’t be Existing): New Madison Garden
Stadium Capacity (25-35K): 32K
Home Kit Colors: Shirt is dark blue, Shorts orange, socks white
Away Kit Colors: shirt is orange, shorts white, socks white
GK Colors: shirt red, socks and shorts both black
Logo (Suggestions; do you want custom logos. If so, you'd have to build them): NYCFC logo
Email Address:
[email protected]