An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 694
  • Views Views 453K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't just a thread where anyone can come in to write about their opinions, you know. If you want to discuss a specific area of the game or talk about your tactics, make a thread on it. ****, I did. This is iNickstuff's thread, after all, and I can appreciate he wants to keep it uncluttered.

I appreciate it too, and I am not suggesting that everyone should be writing anything. I said my opinion, and as it seems that everyone else have different opinion, I will not go further with this subject.

View attachment 148741

Second time in a row champions legue and third time in a row premiership
i just become an Icon for arsenal team,
tactic is awesome dude !!! I`m very happy to have this success with Gunners

I think real number is close to 100, haven't seen too many people with over 1000 posts.

Not the first time I bring this subject to my posts, and I guess it is starting to annoy you. I do not think that post limit is bad, I think it is very good way to limit things, but at least 1000 posts is way too much. With my current activity measured by posts per day, I have that 1000 posts around the time when demo of FM 2013 is revealed. It takes too much time for new users to be able to write about their approaches to game etc. I haven't got any need to write an article, I don't currently have any kind of idea in my head even what to write about, so it's not about me, but everyone. Limit should be much smaller, maximum 500 posts. If you are afraid that this will result to many articles that are not properly done, you can ask people to ask your comfirmation for articles they have made.

This isn't just a thread where anyone can come in to write about their opinions, you know. If you want to discuss a specific area of the game or talk about your tactics, make a thread on it. ****, I did. This is iNickstuff's thread, after all, and I can appreciate he wants to keep it uncluttered.

I have taken consideration of this problem and, with there being my absence due to exams in the Summer, I have decided to remove the minimal post count, and have a confirmation through private message or visitor message as the main outlet for posting articles. With this I am also going to leave a moderator in charge of the thread for quite a while and cover the articles that I will not have the time to.

He will also be the person to edit the OP, link the articles and stop the thread from fading away into the distance. I hope that this will ensure that even when I am not around for very long, that someone can keep it up and healthy, as well as bring in more community contributions.

Amazing thread learnt so much

Thanks man. Appreciated.

I appreciate it too, and I am not suggesting that everyone should be writing anything. I said my opinion, and as it seems that everyone else have different opinion, I will not go further with this subject.

The topic is closed now.

View attachment 148741

Second time in a row champions legue and third time in a row premiership
i just become an Icon for arsenal team,
tactic is awesome dude !!! I`m very happy to have this success with Gunners

That is brilliant. I didn't think that it would be so successful. Congratulations on your Champions League win. Unlucky in the F.A. Cup final. But that is amazing. Well done.

RE Counter attacking football

Read a couple of articles about Man Utd counter attacking football how would set it up like you have done above or differently because I find hard to believe that united set up to counter attack I always think utd go out to control or attack

Read a couple of articles about Man Utd counter attacking football how would set it up like you have done above or differently because I find hard to believe that united set up to counter attack I always think utd go out to control or attack

Back in the day it use to be ronaldo + rooney sat further up, ronaldo to run with his pace and rooney to score.

Nower days i think its Nani or Valencia. Try'na find a youtube link though....

keep the counterattack button permanently ticked,

Cheers for that, trying to steer away barcelona style based tactics more of a fergie style but im also trying to get strikerless formations to work as well.

How about tempo what to be able to control a game but quick and deadly on the counter

P.S. sorry if off topic

Last edited:
Hey, i play a 4-2-3-1 (with 2 CM's, 2 wingers, 1 AMC) with dortmund
Do you think that Lucas Barrios, Shinji Kagawa, Schmelzer / Owomoyela all should be played as the modern CF, modern AMC and modern back? :)
I mean, all at once, can that work?
And should i use Lucas Barrios as targetman, and play the ball to feet

Hey, i play a 4-2-3-1 (with 2 CM's, 2 wingers, 1 AMC) with dortmund
Do you think that Lucas Barrios, Shinji Kagawa, Schmelzer / Owomoyela all should be played as the modern CF, modern AMC and modern back? :)
I mean, all at once, can that work?
And should i use Lucas Barrios as targetman, and play the ball to feet

Maybe, I haven't got a clue. It's for you to find out. Barrios, yes, Kagawa is a doubt but Owomeyela might. And yes, but you should also take into consideration the need of exploiting his abilities to head the ball, too. So the option of Mixed is not a bad idea.

Maybe, I haven't got a clue. It's for you to find out. Barrios, yes, Kagawa is a doubt but Owomeyela might. And yes, but you should also take into consideration the need of exploiting his abilities to head the ball, too. So the option of Mixed is not a bad idea.

Alright, I might try it out, using Schmelzer (LB) as a wing back role - automatic, as i got a defensive winger infront of him.
I think Kagawa can do it, and same goes for owomoyela, and the idea of using mixed sounds like something i should try out.
I'll report back, cheers

ever since the website has been updated, you cant see the pictures on most of your articles anymore man

urgh sorry guys i had planned to do napoli, but several annoying bugs in 11.3 have currently made me fall out with the game for a while, will try again this weekend

urgh sorry guys i had planned to do napoli, but several annoying bugs in 11.3 have currently made me fall out with the game for a while, will try again this weekend

It's fine. I have struggled with the 3-5-2 and the 3-4-3 myself, trying to replicate Uruguay's 3-4-3 from their 3-2 win over Ireland from not so long ago. Now, I am trying to make a dynamic 4-5-1, where it can turn into a 4-6-0, or a 4-5-1 that can invert itself (i.e. from a "DMC - CM - CM midfield into a DMC - DMC - CM midfield). So far it has had success, and helping me with further articles after my exams, such as the "Creating the 'modern Playmaker" article and "Italian football in English football".

As always, take your time - there's no rush.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

fair enough, err on the arsenal and possistion one, might be a problem just with my laptop but it is quite annoying aha

Positions? Is it the comparison between Alex Song and Jack Wilshere? If so, that's nothing. I will change that soon.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Lastly, I'd like to remind everyone that there is no longer a "minimum post count". I have removed it, and instead gone with confirmation before posting. Please PM/VM me if you about to post an article, as it will not be counted and possible deleted.

Thanks.

Hi Nick, im also strugling in seeing some pics, especially in the second striker trhead, i cant see the specific instructions of the players

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

And sorry i dindt give you updates from your A.C.Milan instructions, i have been working in some implemantations, picking some feew ideas from a lots of threads, especially the second striker striker (Seconda Punta in Italian trend) and the implemantation of the "Velocista", starting wide and cuting inside, trying some things.
Also never managed too thank you for your time and patience white me, and my doubts.

i waiting for juventus tactic and thread. i will be very happy see this on this site

Hi Nick, im also strugling in seeing some pics, especially in the second striker trhead, i cant see the specific instructions of the players

I don't understand. Can you maybe use the "Print-Screen" button and post it as a screenshot on the thread so I can see? For me, everything is fine. I don't know how it is for other people because I can't see.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

And sorry i dindt give you updates from your A.C.Milan instructions, i have been working in some implemantations, picking some feew ideas from a lots of threads, especially the second striker striker (Seconda Punta in Italian trend) and the implemantation of the "Velocista", starting wide and cuting inside, trying some things.
Also never managed too thank you for your time and patience white me, and my doubts.

It's fine. It's good to see that you're questions have been answered, and hopefully correctly. Now, you can intergrate them into your own tactics and learn from them.

i waiting for juventus tactic and thread. i will be very happy see this on this site

Could you maybe re-phrase that, because I don't particularly understand what you mean by a "tactic and thread". If you want an article on Juventus' tactical side this season, then you will have to wait longer if it is from me or someone else. You can post one yourself provided that you follow the rules and allow me to confirm it first.

ok, sorry Nick, what i meant was that when i go to your articles the pics from ZonalMarking, the real images of peoples like Robbie Kean, etc., i can see but when its from the in game, for example, the indivual settings of the second striker, i can not see them, also the images of your games.im sorry if i cant make myself any clearer, but i dont know how to make screenshost, there is a square whit a red cross in the middle and i cant see the pic.

yeah i waiting for jeventus tactical side this season. shame no one doing that but that ok i wait maybe someone create somthing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back