An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 694
  • Views 450K
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi JDvzs,
I have been reading some threads, not in this forum, about creting space.from what i can tell you there are some conection between widht and dept, and mostly about the formation that you use. Essencialy a 4-2-2 versus a 4-2-3-1 has more widht because it covers more space, i mean its not only about the widht and dept but also the formation and the type of players that you do have. Ex. if you have more adventurous players, that are comfortable of finding space, you will have a better shot of finding space, i know its sound a little simplist, but if you take barça for example you will see that they have hardworking, teamwork and a high amout of creativity, you coul also try to give roame from position to your more advanced palyers, and try this out.
I dont know if its correct of me beeing answering your doubts, and if its not i apologise to you NickStuff.

if you have ganso play him as box to box playmaker, fiddle with the dribbling if you like but he could deal with often

One thing i noticed is that xavis stats is perfect for the role except his acceleration and you know his age, do you think i could remove the runs with ball or runs from deep to fit the role, cause every other stat is amazing for this role.

One thing i noticed is that xavis stats is perfect for the role except his acceleration and you know his age, do you think i could remove the runs with ball or runs from deep to fit the role, cause every other stat is amazing for this role.
Sadly, it seems I haven't quite explained the role well enough. The whole point is that the player uses their stamina to move into space and close down, therefore fitness and dribbling are vital. Without runs on the role is basically a DLP (closing down aside), so you may aswell play Xavi as a DLP, as that is what he is.

Ah okay, sorry my bad. I forgot the whole point of the box-to-box thing.

I wondering what are the fundamentals of counter attacking football in the lower leagues??

Pacey Strikers?? plus 4-3-3

That's all that I know so guys please help me??

What other formation is good for counter attacking??

4-2-4

classic 2-3-5???

hi JDvzs,
I have been reading some threads, not in this forum, about creting space.from what i can tell you there are some conection between widht and dept, and mostly about the formation that you use. Essencialy a 4-2-2 versus a 4-2-3-1 has more widht because it covers more space, i mean its not only about the widht and dept but also the formation and the type of players that you do have. Ex. if you have more adventurous players, that are comfortable of finding space, you will have a better shot of finding space, i know its sound a little simplist, but if you take barça for example you will see that they have hardworking, teamwork and a high amout of creativity, you coul also try to give roame from position to your more advanced palyers, and try this out.
I dont know if its correct of me beeing answering your doubts, and if its not i apologise to you NickStuff.

You are on the right lines. Pitch sizes, weather conditions and formations come as factors when exploiting spaces.

I wondering what are the fundamentals of counter attacking football in the lower leagues??

Pacey Strikers?? plus 4-3-3

That's all that I know so guys please help me??

What other formation is good for counter attacking??

4-2-4

classic 2-3-5???

Simple 4-4-2's and 4-5-1's are what you should be looking for. Pacey wingers are recommended, as they can break onto the counter quite easily without being caught up by back-tracking full backs. Anything other than the simple flat-based formations are usually those used for heavy defending or attacking.

when will be some new article?
I have been working on it for some time now but has taken longer than expected. Coupled with personal issues and objectives, I cannot pin-point when the next article will be released. I ask for patience whilst I still work in it but also those who are interested to refrain themselves from asking when it will come out.

EduinJBL: How did you get lennon to make that run into the box from the wing?

Hi I have question about the ball possession article, you can pick 2 styles/

1. I understand is 2 wingers (attack) + targetman (support)
2. I don't know, what kind of strikers should I use? AML/AMR playmaker (attack) + deep lying forward (attack) ?

Maybe someone can clear this up

thanks

Hi I have question about the ball possession article, you can pick 2 styles/

1. I understand is 2 wingers (attack) + targetman (support)
2. I don't know, what kind of strikers should I use? AML/AMR playmaker (attack) + deep lying forward (attack) ?

Maybe someone can clear this up

thanks

Inside Forwards on Attack, with either an Advanced Forward or a Complete Forward on either Attack or Support should be fine. Wingers on Attack work well too.

To mudii

Winger-Attack
Really attacking mentality
Runs From Deep-Often
Wide Play-Move into Channels

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

Hi,

On your post no.70 where you have analysis of Lucas and Meirels from the real life Wolves v Liverpool match,

Could you tell me where this comes from please and it is available for all premiership games?

Thanks

Hi,

On your post no.70 where you have analysis of Lucas and Meirels from the real life Wolves v Liverpool match,

Could you tell me where this comes from please and it is available for all premiership games?

Thanks

It comes from the Chalkboard feature provided by The Guardian every season, stretching back a decade or so. And yes, it does cover every Premier League game that has been played since they started it/or started to gather information to put into analysis. Here;

The Guardian | Chalkboards | Football

Glad for this article. I'm a die-hard Arsenal fan, but after all this turmoil in the summer I have lost my appetite to play with them until, the new game will come out, with the present squad.
I have found instead a scintillating challenge with Valencia. I'm in my 4-th season, already won a League and CL double in my second year, and a Spanish Cup in the 3rd, but since then I'm in a dip with the squad. Which is strange as on paper, I had stronger players with every year. I resorted to abandon both my tactics (I interchanged them depending on their form and opposition), and downloaded some strange ones, but this one looks better for my group of players, as I still have strong wingers, and the current tactic don't uses them. Will it work with other players too? I managed to beat Barca for the first time in the league, and it was an away win too, but I'm still inferior to the two big-shots. The CL final was against Real, and I barely won it 3-2, and the Cup final was agains Barca, and needed a power header in the 116-th minut from Aduriz to scrape through with a 1-0. They seem vulnerable to strong strikers who can get on the end of the crosses, as my current victory also came from a cross-ball to Llorente.
Here is my current squad:
Képfeltöltés.hu - korlátlan ingyen tárhely képeidnek, regisztráció nélkül
Képfeltöltés.hu - korlátlan ingyen tárhely képeidnek, regisztráció nélkül

Thanks in advance.

It comes from the Chalkboard feature provided by The Guardian every season, stretching back a decade or so. And yes, it does cover every Premier League game that has been played since they started it/or started to gather information to put into analysis. Here;

The Guardian | Chalkboards | Football

What do you use when to emulate tactics from teams outside the premier league like Dortmund and Villarreal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.