An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K

Raikan007

Reaction score
Raikan007's Manchester United Guide Fm13:

143171d1299848248t-angels-approach-dealing-devils-manchester-united-guide-manchester_united_fc-new-logo.png

Club Name:
Manchester United
Affectionately known as "The Red Devils"

League:
The Barclays Premier League

Last years League position:

Runners up (a sad day for all fans, **** you City)

Founded in:

Rivalries
:
Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal

Stadium Name:
Old Trafford Manchester
Affectionately known as "The Theatre of Dreams" (75 765 Capacity)

OT-outside-Andre-Zahn.jpg

Start of season expectations:

View attachment 281919

I suggest selecting Title challenge as it is going to be a tough season with City, Chelsea and Arsenal all competing for the title with Liverpool and Tottenham right up there as well, be realistic in order to alleviate unnecessary pressure throughout the season and avoid getting the sack!

The £30m you start with can be changed to around £38m by selecting the Win title option, however, the initial £30m with Title Challenge is more than sufficient as the squad is pretty well balanced at the start and you do not need to buy in anyone that expensive.

I suggest transferring a large portion of the transfer budget into your wage budget as this helps increase your monthly profit!

One of the objectives from the board for the season is "Developing youth players through the youth system" so I highly suggest ensuring that you do this to a limited extent, giving some of the youngsters a run out a few times a year and select one player like Juhasz who has potential to develop!

Club facilities and overview:

View attachment 281905View attachment 281906View attachment 281907

United possess state of the art youth facilities as well as the best corporate and training facilities in the country. Their youth recruitment network is one of the best in the world.

The stadium is in a good state and the pitch is in perfect condition with undersoil heating when the game starts and has a 5 star rating from FIFA, one of only two in England, the other being Wembley. Nothing needs to be spent on or upgraded here for at least the next couple of years, but do keep an eye on your facilities being downgraded.. this happens occasionally after a few years..

Manchester United squad and tactics:

manutd_squad_2012-13.jpg

View attachment 281913View attachment 281912

United have a very good squad this year which contains a fair bit of depth, even with a few defenders starting off with injuries. Depending on which tactic you use and what formation you play you may need to look in bringing a few players if needed, however a good 442 should work well as well as a new 442 diamond that we have implemented in a few games so far this season..

Below is the new Might and Magic™ Fm13 which can be used as well as a deeper DM version which helps provide good cover (seeing as though the ME is still very flawed) to the defenders!

Might and Magic
™ Fm13 Raikan007

I will be developing the diamond 442 version within the next few weeks and will update the thread as I go along as I have just started to play the game this morning!

I am going to be retraining Rooney to CM this season as I have said it for many years, that is where he needs to play! We have RVP/Hernandez/Welbeck who are more than good enough upfront as well as Rooney still being able to play as a striker! So it just adds that much more depth to the squad!

Suggested transfers:

104237.jpg

Offering Everton around £10m and the transfer listed Anderson has worked for me on the full game, full release to bring in Fellaini who is a must buy as well this season as he fits perfectly in the BWM role in the M&M tactic and is an all round great player who could be retrained to CB! Sven Bender - Dortmund is also a great ball winner and highly recommended but is priced at around £18m which is a bit high! There of course are dozens more players I would suggest, however, as I mentioned, we do not need much more than this!

The only thing I would consider is thinking of a replacement for Ferdinand come the end of the season if you are not wanting to use Smalling or Jones!

Offering Ashley Young out for £20m is a must as Arsenal will make the offer! Use this money to put in a £23.5m bid for Gareth Bale and it will be accepted! Deal of the century this!

My transfers
2012/2013
:

View attachment 281917

There are quite a few wonderkids this year and I highly suggest the following:

Ademilson/Jadson/Wellington Nem/Josip Radesovic/Ruben Pardo/Kurt Zouma and a host of others

Suggested threads:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-brand-new-wonderkid-shortlist-fm13-beta.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...yer-recommendation-list-fm13.html#post1617668

Staff members:

Manchester+United+Training+Press+Conference+Y3luI2Z9e1Kl.jpg

United have one of the best coaching staff when starting a new game! However, this years edition has changed substantially with coaching and training.. Having directors of football etc and U/18 keeper coaches etc.. I suggest just going through the staff members and promoting the coaches you think are good enough and firing who is not! Below is the list of coaches I hired and fired at the start of the season!

Staff transfers:

View attachment 281918

Additional notes on staff:

You can go through the scouts and terminate more than the ones I have, some are still pretty good but to free up wages it may be a good idea! Fire all the deadwood (even more than what I have if you feel the need to)

At the start you should get a message saying you are lacking in the fitness department (strength and aerobic) so sign in coaches like Carravetta & Bisciotti (see above attached list)

Mike Phelan is still a good Assistant Manager and you do not need to make any changes to this position for at least a couple of years. I also always suggest getting Valdir De Moraes as your assistant as soon as possible as he is fantastic but ensure you offer him at least a two year contract otherwise he quits after the first season...

Finances:

View attachment 281908View attachment 281909

United are in a much better position than we were in last year at this time, which is great! However, we still owe around £496m when you start the game, which is still a substantial amount of debt that needs to be considered when planning projections for the future... Winning competitions of course is the first and most important things to do as well as selling off players!

Just keep an eye on things and do not overspend, I immediately put half of the transfer budget into my wage budget as I do not want to spend more than £15m or so..

First season objectives:
Win the FA Cup & League

1902428910.jpg

Win a trophy, any trophy and qualify for Europe! The F.A Cup is a good trophy to get your hands on! The Premier League trophy would be first prize so I suggest concentrating on the league more than the Champions League!

Last edited:
all done :) feel free to comment and give your experiences with United so far..

If your United you buy Bale for 25 million and sell Nani to Spurs for 23 million. Atleast thats what i done.

Nice thinking retraining Rooney, i see him play in the mid in the future (around his 30'), he learned good 'ol passes from Scholes. *Of course, if SAF doen't sell him to Real in a meantime :D^In the game i would go for the CL and EPL this year as RVP is overpowered!

yeah going to see how he plays there as the DLP.. dont need to buy anyone else.. got Ademilson as well! so don't need any new players for a while!

also noticed that a lot of the players cannot seem to motivate themselves to play for Vidic as captain! keep that in mind when selecting the captain a few weeks after the game starts..

I have chosen Rooney as captain

is a centre back needed? on mines it seems rio and evans are constantly injured

How much would you normally get him for?

They were not budging on £8.75m which was the max I was willing to pay for him.. I assume you could get him for about £12.25m with 10% sell on fee

I sold young to arsenal for £20 and picked up bale for £25. I have brought a few in including Wellington Nem as I rarely go a big team with a big budget so fancied spending some cash. Brought in Adryian and a 16 or 17 cm called something like Grielsh who will be a future star alongside Powell I hope.

Impressed with the young striker they have as well. If Wellbeck wasn't English I might sell as I have no need for so many when playing with a lone striker.

Speaking of which RVP struggled through all my friendlies as a poacher and dlf without scoring. I altered him to advanced forward for the 1st game if the season and he has hit 2 hatricks in first 2 games.

In the OP you put Juhasz instead of Januzaj :P I've loaned him out, Powell is the youngster I'm giving the most game time to. I signed Gundogan but he's injured for the next couple of months (I'm in November), so Nick has come in & he's already scored three goals either as a BBM or Attacking midfielder; very classy player. I also signed Fernando from Gremio, and even though we're well stocked in forwards & AMs, I decided to activate Adryan's release clause as well as steal Bakkali from PSV |)

Would it be better to loan Powell or keep him and play him in League cup and the last 30mins when winning 3-0?

If you can afford his wages, I highly recommend getting Johan Cruyff in as your assistant manager as his stats are unreal! Also a better long term option than Valdir I think.

I'm curious as to how the others who bought Bale get the best out if him.

I'm struggling to get him on the ball. If I play him as a defensive winger will he sit deeper? I think the problem is he is always too far up the park and never has a chance to run with the ball. Eve's sitting at left back gets plenty more time in the ball and space to run than him.

Would it be better to loan Powell or keep him and play him in League cup and the last 30mins when winning 3-0?

I have a plethora of mids so I was not planning to use him this year.. but yes, he would probably be more so than Juhasz..

I took your advice and sold Young to Arsenal for £20m and bought Bale for £23.5m :) nice!

Wich tactic (s) are you using for Man United raikan? Im asking because in the M&M post you say that the tactic was made for the Beta version, is it updated after the patch? I find that things that worked ok in the Beta/early version maybe not works aswell now after the patch.. Im struggling abit to get Rooney too perform as a Dlp, you experienced this aswell? The shout you suggest for M&M, to you set them before the match or after it starts?

Last edited:
Wich tactic (s) are you using for Man United raikan? We have the same favorite team ; ) Im struggling abit to get Rooney too perform as a Dlp, you experienced this aswell? The shout you suggest for M&M, to you set them before the match or after it starts?

I am using the DM version of the M&M but have moved both DM's back to CM's.. so its the same formation as the original one withe DM ones settings..

yeah.. I have noticed that one of the strikers is not doing great.. Lone strikers seem to be working better at the moment..

I suggest dropping Rooney to AMC (take off player switching) and have RVP as the CF - Attack and set the wingers to inside forwards - attack

Back