An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

Raikan007

Reaction score
Raikan007's Manchester United Guide Fm12:

143171d1299848248t-angels-approach-dealing-devils-manchester-united-guide-manchester_united_fc-new-logo.png

Club Name:

Manchester United
Affectionally known as "The Red Devils"

League:

The Barclays Premier League

Last years League position:

Winners!

Founded in:

Rivalaries:

Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal

Stadium Name:

Old Trafford Manchester
Affectionallu known as "The Theatre of Dreams" (75 797 Capacity)

Old-Trafford-Andre-Zahn.jpg

Background and start of Season expectations:

View attachment 197911View attachment 197902View attachment 197897

I suggest selecting Title challenge as it is going to be a tough season with City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham all competing, be realistic in order to alleviate uneccassry pressure throughout the season!

If you do well up until December the board usually offers you another chance to select your objectives with an injection of cash for your transfer budge which should put directly into your wage budget!

The £17m you start with can be changed to around £26m by putting all of your wage budget into your transfer budget (this is not advisable as you do not need more than the initial amount) you can generate more income by selling off fringe players listed below.

Club facilities and Overview:

View attachment 197904View attachment 197903

United possess state of the art youth facilities as well as the best corporate and training facilities in the country. Their youth recruitment network is one of the best in the world. The stadium and pitch are in excellent condition when the game starts and has a 5 star rating from FIFA, one of only two in England, the other being Wembley.

Nothing needs to be spent on or upgraded here for at least the next couple of years! All the money you receive should primarily be used to pay off the debt!

Manchester United squad and tactics:

squad_2011-2012_3.jpg

View attachment 197908View attachment 197912View attachment 197910View attachment 197909
(These are from the original tactic Might and Magic that is still available for download as part of the Might and Magic tactic pack in the link below)

I highly recommend using the two tactics below!

Away:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/84636-might-magic%99-raikan007.html

This tactic may be used straight out! however away from home against certain teams like City/Stoke it may struggle, in the link I have recently added the new away tactic that should be used in every away game NO MATTER WHAT! Use the shouts I have suggested for the away version! Have both of these tactics in match prep! As you can see from the results away from home it is unstoppable :)

Home:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85231-short-sweet%99.html

This tactic is fantastic for possession at home and recycling the ball around even better than Barca :) It requires a good Cm like Carrick or Eriksen to be the playmaker to control and run the game, players with Dictates Tempo and plays one two's is perfect for this, so teach the player you want this position to be given to, Carrick is also immense

United possess a really good squad this year, it is rather young but dynamic! Not many signings need to be made from the get go, there is sufficient cover in defence/midfield and upfront at least for the 1st season.

I suggest loaning out Macheda, Pogba, Amos and Morrison to gain match experience and make sure they will get sufficient playing time in a league that is loaded as playable!

Sell off fringe players like Gibson and Diouf.

Take Owen off the transfer list but dont renew his contract at the end of the year! Welbeck and Hernadez are more than capable for the first season if not for the rest of their careers!

The only real weakness in the team at the start of the game is at right back! Rafael is still developing and gets injured quite regularly and Smalling just starting to play at Rb is also a little nerve racking.

Pitch dimensions:

* Use Smallest field dimensions!

Suggested transfers:

I brought in Marc-Andre ter Stegan as I felt that I would lose him if I waited until the second season, he is a fantastic keeper, if not better than De Gea and will only cost you £
15.5m. I then offloaded Kuszak as I did not need another keeper, especially as he is not the greatest and had a fairly large salary.

I managed to do a straight player exchange with OM for Cesar Azipilicueta for Mame Biram Diouf (which was chalk and cheese really) then I looked at a few youngsters that I would be able to nurture into future stars and as well as bringing in a few fellow countrymen, Tshabalala and Khune who are really good players for one and the other hand they will be sold for a nice profit in a few years :)

I bought in Christian Eriksen (I love him) as well for the same reason I mentioned above for Ter Stegan, for £10m is an absolute steal and his PPM's work well in my home tactic above!

First season transfers:

(In January I signed Fellaini for £7m as that was his release clause and sold Cleverley to Wolves for £11.5m)

View attachment 200501

If you want an experienced full back I suggest the following:

Darijo Srna
- Shakthar
Gregory van der Wiel - Ajax
View attachment 197896View attachment 197898

Manchester United Training:

View attachment 197907View attachment 197906

Manchester United obtain one of the top training facilities in the country. Below is my Fm12 training schedules I have created for you to download and use.
Put each coach individually onto his/her best training (most stars) and then use other coaches who have good motivating/determination/disclipline/mental to coach on all, this lightens up the workload for the area specific/specialized coaches to get more out of the players.

Suggested threads:

Training Schedule download:

How to train/tutor my youngsters thread:

Staff members:

United have one of the best coaching staff when starting a new game! However most of them are on Youth contracts, below is a list of the coaches you will need to promote in order for them to coach 1st team players as well:

Staff ins and outs:

View attachment 200502

Promote Youth coaches:

Paul Mcguinness
Warren Joyce
Brian McClair
Tony Whelan

The best staff to sign:

I am currently working on a thread with the best coaches to sign in their respective positions! link will be updated once I have completed it

Additional notes on staff:

You can go through the scouts and terminate more than the ones I have, some are still pretty good but to free up wages it may be a good idea!
Fire all the deadwood (even more than what I have if you feel the need to)
Mike Phelan is still a good Assistant Manager and you do not need to make any changes to this position for at least a couple of years. I also always suggest getting Valdir De Moraes as your assistant as soon as possible as he is fantastic!

Finances:

View attachment 197901View attachment 197900View attachment 197899

As we all know Utd are not in the soundest of positions financially! At the moment the esitmated debt is around the £548m mark. All extra money brought into the club should be put directly into wages as this generates income! Do not spend needlessly, the main objective is to bring Utd back to a good financial grounding before really taking the club forward and to new heights!

Suggested threads:

Managing your Finances

First season objectives:

FA-Cup-Logo.jpg

Win a trophy, any trophy and qualify for Europe! The F.A Cup is a good trophy to get your hands on! The Premier League trophy would be first prize so I suggest concetrating on the league more than the Champions League, try and progress as far as possible as the TV rights and prize money will go a long way in bringing down your debt!

Tutor your younger players - Welbeck & Rooney, Giggs & Morrisson!

Last edited:
cheers raik cant wait for your op to be completed great so far tho!:)

it is completed for the Demo so far :) Of course when the full game comes out I will be getting different coaches and players in (still only need a rb for the first season) but the tactic is fully operational and awesome :)

Going to update it some more today as I play on in my own save :)

I have created a Man Utd tactic with Rooney in the AMC role. Which role do you think will suit him best?

I have created a Man Utd tactic with Rooney in the AMC role. Which role do you think will suit him best?
hey James, he would be best used as a Treq to be perfectly honest :) in the role calculator that is his preferred role (if I remember reading it correctly years ago) otherwise Attacking mid - support is the next best option :)

Awesome thread raikan007 would be a great project to do each premiership team in the same way. it would deffo keep you busy untill the game is released :)

Nice guide, Raikan.Noone wants Morrison and other youngsters on loan, though *sadface*. Can you tell me in what folder to put your tactic?I got FM on Steam.

Nice guide, Raikan.Noone wants Morrison and other youngsters on loan, though *sadface*. Can you tell me in what folder to put your tactic?I got FM on Steam.
This, when my game wasn't crashing whenever I tried to offer my youngsters to clubs on loan none of them would ever want to loan them :(

OMG! you know you're a beast when you sign a player only to find later that Raikan reccomends him!;)
Gregory Van der Viel, great buy quite cheap! tried to get Srna but the noisy neighbours got there first
i also bought felliani for 17million (transfer budget was increased after persistent asking)

played a 4-1-1-3-1 formaition as i was experimental here was my formation with players:
--------------------------------De Gea---------
Van der Viel/Rafael----------------Vidic-----------Ferdinand-----------------------Evra
(wing back- support)-(limited defender- defend)--(ball playing-defend---(wing back support)

-------------------------------felliani--
----------------(deep lying playmaker (automatic))

------------------------fletcher/anderson
--------------------(boxtobox support)

--Young--------------rooney-----------------------------nani
(winger-attack)--(advanced playmaker-attack)-------(winger attack)

----------------=Hernandez/berba
-------------(advanced forward attack)

Worked wonders am 2nd in league on 1st Jan (1pt behind liverpool)
through to CL last 16
i'm out of the league cup as i played youngsters

i would also suggest playing lindegaard in a few cup games to keep him happy.

when i resume this save i will use your tactic probably, cheers Raikan

Awesome thread raikan007 would be a great project to do each premiership team in the same way. it would deffo keep you busy untill the game is released :)
thanks mate :) hahahaa, it would be cool but I do run a company for 5 days a week! I might do one for Tottenham as I always like using them!

cheers mate, yeah I found that out too, I managed to loan out a lot of players though! Will Keane looks pretty good this year! SS not working for some reason!

take the file and put it in mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm12demo/tactics :) and import from the tactic screen

My update... Just finished the Demo

I have just finished the demo with United :) what a great season so far in all departments and competitions:
Rooney was injured for about a month. Ferdinand was injured for over 2 months while De Gea picked up an injury which kept him out for several weeks along with a few minor injuries to Vidic, Young, Nani, Valencia, Giggs, Cleverley which lasted at most 2-3 weeks....

Player Screenshots:

View attachment 198173View attachment 198174View attachment 198175View attachment 198176View attachment 198177View attachment 198178View attachment 198179View attachment 198180

Match Results:

View attachment 198159View attachment 198160View attachment 198161View attachment 198162View attachment 198163View attachment 198164View attachment 198165View attachment 198166View attachment 198167View attachment 198168View attachment 198169View attachment 198170View attachment 198171View attachment 198158View attachment 198157View attachment 198156View attachment 198147View attachment 198148View attachment 198149View attachment 198150View attachment 198151View attachment 198152View attachment 198153View attachment 198154View attachment 198155View attachment 198172

League information & fixtures:

View attachment 198142View attachment 198143View attachment 198144View attachment 198145View attachment 198146

Comments:

As you can see it has been a great unbeaten half season so far with only 3 draws in all competitions! Giggs and Owen have excelled in the Champions League and should be started regularly when playing in the ECL. Owen has scored about 6 in 6 with several assists to his name as well!

De Gea and Lindegaard have been really impressive in goal (especially Lindergaard in cup matches) don't underestimate how good of a keeper he really is! Young & Nani have been absolutey unstoppable as well!

On the 31st December the board offered me updated Season Expectations:
View attachment 198181

This should be put direclty into your wage budget to generate interest! you can sell off a few other players and use that money and if you like and use a portion of this to cover the costs.

I have also made a very contolled version of the tactic, it is much shorter and much more possession, the Wolves game was the one I used it for and it works really well!

Looking forward to the full release of Fm12, feel free to post your updates for Man Utd here if you like :)

Hey nice work there, i went for a slightly differnt approach and came up very close to your results,

Players in:
i bought in ganso (the board signed him for me after i asked) and gerard duelfseo (9.5mill) and then thaigo on loan for back up.

Players out:
carrick valencia and anderson all out mainly because ganso is allready better than carrick, deulfseo will be better then valencia shortly and thagio (who i hope to buy next season) will do a much better job than anderson. also loaned out pretty much everyone not in the first team, pogba morrison ectra. Couldnt sell gibson nobody wants him :(

Tactics:
i played a 4 2 4 like you on controling and fluid, only gave creative freedom to rooney, nani and ganso.

results:
15:4:0 i was quite suprised to go unbeaten and champions league group went well too only 1 draw to moan about

rooney scored 16 (7.69) henadez got 10 and a 7.8 rating. phil jones was my star in defense with a 7.68 rating.

Ganso has been really dissapointing so far but i guess hes still settling in. Tom cleverly doesnt look like he has the PA to become a part of my team which im gutted about as i really like him as a player but 2.5stars is nothing compared to ganso's.

what do you do if Rooney gets hurt? how do you play Berbatov? he isnt efficient for me either as treq or dls.. he seems decent as cfw sup

what do you do if Rooney gets hurt? how do you play Berbatov? he isnt efficient for me either as treq or dls.. he seems decent as cfw sup
I stick him in the exact same role/position as Rooney in my 4-4-2 tactic (Stl) :) he scored 2 hattricks in a row!

Those logos are sexy....also, good guide mate, I will get to do a Newcastle one soon.

I wonder who designed them? I just downloaded the EPL one for the guide! Have you made a large one like Silky sideways? with all clubs/international ones yet StuW?

I wonder who designed them? I just downloaded the EPL one for the guide! Have you made a large one like Silky sideways? with all clubs/international ones yet StuW?

It is WIP still, had too much stuff to do(work, FIFA, RAGE)

theres something weird with Valencia
he has 16 crossing but only 12% of his crosses are succesful ( in 15games)
he's a beast anyways :D average rating 8.1