An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

theres something weird with Valencia
he has 16 crossing but only 12% of his crosses are succesful ( in 15games)
he's a beast anyways :D average rating 8.1
you will see in the match stats that you wont really get more than 30% cross completion at most! he is a machine! what tactic you using?

Im using yours :))
Ill show some pics when I finish the season
currently Im in December and I won 19/21 games with no losses :D preseason rocked too so you made a very good tactic

I'm also using your tactic and so far only played 4 games and have been scoring goals for fun! also I'm so glad Jones plays for United now :p saves me having to buy him, since he is a beast! they've got him spot on :) but going back to your guide, I'm having problems loaning my players to clubs, Pogba wont join anyone on loan! and neither will Morrison :(

@raikan
here's my save if you wanna check anything 2shared - download manutd.fm
central defender roles we're the same as you left them until last month of the game
I kept Giggs as playmaker att / the Fletcher spot usually was cm
I also tweaked Srna's spot too (he's amazing)
Rooney has a bit more creative freedom because I think it helps his role (he has more assists than Giggs :)) but I dont think I got the most out of Giggs)
best set piece tactics I found are near post vidic (far post or small box worked too) and best header

Last edited:
find it wierd people struggling loaning players out all i did was offer them on loan to any club, for no fee plus no wages also set it so i could not recall at anytime, then when offer was accepted just said yes player will benifit from first team football think i have about 8 players out on loan, including morrison,pogba,amos,keane,macheda!

awesome guys :) yeah, as Craig said, thats all you do, don't expect to try and make any money off loaning them out or expect clubs to pay their wages, except for someone like Macheda :)

any more updates? I am busy testing the tactic with Az Alkmaar, unbeaten so far nearing the end of October! currently 2:1 down vs Villareal though!

dngrs, you can do that and it will work, I just found that the creative freedom was just right for him to allow him to do what he wants occasionally but still stick to my game plan :)

Updates?

Edit:

came back from 2:1 down at half time to seal a 3:2 win :) 4 CCC's to their 0! lots of long shots though, could not break down my defence!

Last edited:
I downloaded your Edge of Glory tactic to use for my Atletico Madrid save, but when I loaded it up, the only two positions on the pitch are my keeper way up in the top left forward spot, and my RB in goal.

I had a career jus testing out tacics, found i hard geting some consistency, too many injuries etc. Who do you tend to sell?

Iv'e sold

1. PIG
  2. Diouf
  3. Park
  4. Carrick
  5. Owen

I downloaded your Edge of Glory tactic to use for my Atletico Madrid save, but when I loaded it up, the only two positions on the pitch are my keeper way up in the top left forward spot, and my RB in goal.

Nevermind. It's a FM12 tactic, I thought it was FM 11.

I had a career jus testing out tacics, found i hard geting some consistency, too many injuries etc. Who do you tend to sell?

Iv'e sold

1. PIG
  2. Diouf
  3. Park
  4. Carrick
  5. Owen
yeah, injuries are a bit of a *****, just keep on rotating and hope for the best! I did not sell many players or buy many players as its just the demo so far, but in the full game I would sell Diouf, Park, Gibson, Owen is a machine if played correctly, I got him 1 goal a game in the tactic I use (he played around 10 games or so) and several assists too!

Carrick is still one of the most underrated mids in England and in Fm, if you can see the amount of passes: (see pic below) is incredible and he is very important in the way I play, I have made a Carrick type role I now use in my tactics :)

198157d1318508630-angels-approach-managing-devils-manchester-united-guide-man-utd-v-q.p.r.-analysis_-analysis-.png

Enjoy the game tonight/tomorrow :) I am getting mine tomorrow after work and will only start over the weekend unfortuntely..

feel free to post your updates or anything here :) Use the tactic I linked as well if you like :) it suits United the best!

cheers, Neil

he's not to bad, does get injuries often though

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

what role do you play owen in??

Hey raik great guide! Game is going well so far just comin upto dec 1st seas 5 points clear at top still in alll cup comps followed your guide with loans and coaches, pogba is on fire on loan at osasuna and morrison doing well at southamptom. Have rooney tutorin welbeck rio tutorin smalling and vidic doin jones great trainin and tactic! all players happy with scedules:D only bought 1 player sanogo coz of injuries at start of seas, scored 7 in 7 cant wait for ur updated op!!!!!!:wub:

hows all your saves going with United so far? cant wait to start mine properly this weekend ;)

Haven't really got into it properly yet but I have started well with Owen and Hernandez giving me a nice selection headache for the poacher slot and Berbatov and Rooney providing competition for the other striker spot. I only signed Yann M'Vila and the board signed Marek Hamsik, I decided CM is where work was needed just like in real life. I am using your tactic and shouts and I must say so far it is working nicely and I have incorprated elements of your tactic into my own 2 tactics that I am working on.

just finished first season won prem,carling cup,fa cup, comm shield did really poor in champs league:( so far sold park,berba,carrick,gibson,diouf,ferdie and evra bought sanogo,labyad,montoya hulk coz was upset at bein fined so got for 11m and signed doumbia due to injuries and players on loan he is absolute beast!!!!!! scored 12 in first 3 games cost 15.25m got to be one of best strickers on game!!!!! loaned out montoya,labyad,sanogo start of second seas now going to give morrison,pogba,macheda some game time this seas.

Raikan007 - first season was OH so nearly the perfect start to FM 12.

I only signed Srna for some experience at RB for 15M, kept faith in the rest of the squad.

First season I won Community Shield, FA Cup, Premier League and came runners up in the Champions League as Inter beat me 3-2 :-( even though I beat the mighty Barca 4-1 (AGG) in the Semi's!

Chicharito top goalscorer with 52 goals in 46 games and 14 assists.
Rooney with 37 goals in 49 games and 29 assists.

Very happy with how the season went, now rolling into the second season...brought Macheda and Pogba back from being on loan last time out try and intergrate them into the first team and they have replaced Owen who left on a free and Carrick who I sold to Everton for 7M. I also felt that Lindergaard wasnt up to scratch as cover so sold him to FC Bayern for 2M and brought in Steve Mandanda from OM for 10M and he signed up on a Squad Rotation contract. Also got rid of Park, Gibson, Diouf, De Leat and a few other youth players. Allowing room for me to bring in another quality winger as Nani, Young and Valencia are the only wingers in the Squad......15M later Aaron Lennon joins United :)

After sterling CM performances last season from Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Cleverley I didnt feel the need to distrupt this quartet and bringing Pogba into the squad gives me some back up. Lets hope for a bigger and better second season!!