An Englishman Abroad.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next update will be later this evening, will finish off the season, then get the next instalments posted.

Cheers. |)

March 2014

160px-Zamora_CF_escudo.png

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 2nd March 2014
Nuevo Roman Suarez Puerta. Att: 2,353

Aviles (0 - 3) Zamora C.F
J.Hernandez, Jacobo, Rebollo O.G

A good win today and performance to go with it.
Jorge Hernandez gave us the lead after only 43 seconds, when he latched onto a poor back pass
and slotted the ball past the on rushing keeper. Jacobo doubled our lead in the 31st minute with a
smart finish from inside the area. Rebollo then scored an own goal a couple minutes later, as we went in at
the break with a comfortable lead.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 9th March 2014
El Helmantico. Att: 4,706

Salamanca (2 - 0) Zamora C.F

A dissapointing loss against a side in the play offs.
The hosts superiority shown through from start to finish, as we couldn't compete
in the vital areas and were constantly on the back foot throughout the 90 minutes.

Segunda Division B1
Saturday 15th March 2014
Angel Carro. Att: 1,926

Lugo (0 - 1) Zamora C.F
J.Hernandez

How we won this game I don't know.
Lugo completely outplayed us and showed why they are a surprise package,
sitting a few places above us in the league.
Despite the home sides domination, we were the ones who affected the most important stat and it
was the inform Jorge Hernandez who grabbed the winner 10 minutes into the 2nd half.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 23rd March 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 2,298

Zamora C.F (2 - 2) Getafe 'B'
Garcia, Mateos

Our play deserved the 3 points today, but despite taking the lead, we couldn't hold on.
All the goals came in the 2nd half, as Sergio Garcia's finish cancelled out the visitors opening goal. After
the 2 quickfire goals, we took the lead when right back Dani Mateos crossed from the byline and
the ball flew over the hapless keeper. As I was thinking we had done enough to get the win, we were pegged back
as the away side scored again and both sides had to settle for a point.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 30th March 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 2,589

Zamora C.F (2 - 1) Oviedo
J.Rodrigues, J.Hernandez

2 goals inside 2 minutes helped us secure this vital win against a side challenging for the title.
On the 31st minute, Javi Rodrigues snuck in unmarked at the far post to volley us into
the lead, then 2 minutes later Jorge Hernandez continued his recent goal scoring form, as he doubled
our lead with a simple tap in. Oviedo did pull a goal back, but we hung on for a crucial victory.

View attachment 324156

Another pleasing month, as we pulled further away from the bottom of the league and managed to close the gap on the team in the last place off place. with 7 games remaining, we need to close the 6 point gap and hope results go our way to pull off an amazing achievement. So for now, we will be giving it our all to achieve the highest possible place we can get in the league and whatever happens I'm very happy with the start I've made here at Zamora C.F.

Hi Guys,

I've still got this save, but am losing abit of interest in it. I'm thinking of doing a long term save, where I will start at the club I coach for full time(only just found out how to add extra leagues), as football development manager of their youth teams down to grassroots level.

The story would effectively be me being appointed manager, which could potentially happen in real life and see what lies ahead! Maybe I will stay with my team, or I could be approached by bigger clubs.

Feel this would be more enjoyable and maybe get a fair bit of interest.

Can I have your thoughts please, whether to stick with this or start a long term save(which ive been waiting to do for a while now, but wanted to get some short save experience before tackling a long save game)?? Cheers :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I've still got this save, but am losing abit of interest in it. I'm thinking of doing a long term save, where I will start at the club I coach for full time(only just found out how to add extra leagues), as football development manager of their youth teams down to grassroots level.

The story would effectively be me being appointed manager, which could potentially happen in real life and see what lies ahead! Maybe I will stay with my team, or I could be approached by bigger clubs.

Feel this would be more enjoyable and maybe get a fair bit of interest.

Can I have your thoughts please, whether to stick with this or start a long term save(which ive been waiting to do for a while now, but wanted to get some short save experience before tackling a long save game)?? Cheers :)

Do what you want, I'd read because you're a very good story teller and good quality stories:D

Do what you want, I'd read because you're a very good story teller and good quality stories:D

Thanks mate, appreciate those comments. Just wanted to get an idea of whether people would follow my new story or if I should stick to this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back