An Englishman Abroad.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great achievment mate, surprised me indeed. Still no offer for contract extension? Hmmm...

Well I've just updated the story. I'll let you read first, hehe.

Yeah amazing achievement, didn't think I would do it, as Odd's team is miles better than ours, but as we know shocks happen.

Cheers mate. :)

Hahahaha, brilliant. Maybe I should go into rehab and get them to read my stories instead! Lol. (H)

might work better than them just sat about talking about why thay took drugs and crying a lot

Think you should stay, first division experience would be great for your future career...

December 2013(cont...)

100px-Follo_fotball.png

I sat in my car following the phone call I had from the Zamora CF Chairman Maximino Martin and started to write up the advantages and disadvantages of both proposals that were being offered. Do I stay at Follo FK, where I have a good relationship with the players, but the complete opposite with the Chairman and with no money to spend for new players and poor youth facilities try and do the impossible and try to compete in the Premier Division? or do I leave with my reputation and pride intact and move to Spain to start a new chapter in my career?

250px-Goal.com_logo.jpg

ZAMORA CLOSE TO APPOINTMENT

Goal.com understands that Spanish Segunda Division B1 side Zamora CF are
closing in on their new Manager.
Reports surfacing from Spanish paper Marca seem to suggest has deal has been
struck for Andy Samuels, current Manager of Norwegian Premier Division outfit Follo FK.
Neither side have been available to comment, but Zamora CF Chairman is keen to get
the new Manager in place by the weekend.

After scribbling down the various pros and cons in my car, I felt happy and confident that my mind was made up, so without hesitation I went back into the reception area and made my way back up to see Chairman Ola Bjorn Fausa.

*** Knock, Knock ***

Ola Bjorn Fausa:
" Come in. "

Me: " Hello Mr Chairman, I've made my mind up regarding the contract on offer. "

*** Ola Bjorn Fausa pushes contract across his desk towards me ***

Me:
" I've decided that I'm going to end my spell as Manager of Follo FK. I feel I've achieved more
than what was expected here and I'm ready for a new challenge. Plus, our relationship has started to
become awkward and it's best we go our seperate ways. "

*** I push the contract back to Ola Bjorn Fausa ***

Ola Bjorn Fausa:
" If that's what you want Andy, As I've said I'll easily replace you, so if there's
nothing more, close the door on your way out. "

*** I slam the door, stick both fingers up and head back to reception ***

I got back in my car and sped off towards my appartment, seething at the behaviour and lack of respect that was shown to me by Ola Bjorn Fausa. After all I've done and where I've taken the club, from where it was when I arrived, surely a handshake and good luck would've been the mature way to end our relationship.
Anyway, I put the disappointment behind me, went into my apartment and started to pack up my belongings and wait for the call from Zamora CF Chairman Maximino Martin....

*** Ring Ring ***

Me:
" Hello Mr Martin. "

Maximino Martin: " Hola Senor Andy. Do you have an answer? "

Me: " I've left Follo FK and am keen on meeting you tomorrow. "

Maximino Martin: " Excelente. I see you tomorrow at our stadium. Adios"

Me: " Look forward to it. Bye. "

I know mate....very hard decision to make! :D

Though I had to make this decision, as was offered more by Zamora CF and the Follo FK board weren't willing to back me at all.

Hope you will still follow and enjoy it. :)

Think you should stay, first division experience would be great for your future career...

Very tough decision mate, but I had to make this decision, as was offered more money by Zamora CF and the Follo FK board weren't willing to back me at all no matter what I asked for.

Hope you will still follow and enjoy it.
smile.gif

January 2014

160px-Zamora_CF_escudo.png

ZAMORA CF
(SEASON 2)

images

After landing at the airport, I took a taxi and made my way through the small historic town of Zamora and straight to the Football Clubs, Ruta De La Plata Stadium to meet Chairman Maximino Martin.

Maximino Martin: " Buenos Dias Senor Andy. Come, we go to the town and discuss over coffee. "

*** I get in the Chairman's car and we head back to the town ***

Maximino Martin:
" Dos cafes por favor. Right, coffe ordered, now to buisness.
Nice meeting you in person Senor Andy. As you know I'm in a rush to conclude this deal, so we can
get you in place for our next game in 5 days.
This is what I offer you. £1,500 p/w, for the rest of this season, then we discuss new deal then. I look
for mid-table finish, but higher be good, like you did with Follo FK. "

Me: That sounds good. Before I agree, what is the youth system like currently? And what are the
finances like? "

Maximino Martin: " Well, our finances are not great, but that's due to recently improving the youth
facilities. We have developed promising young players like Enrique Alonso, Jesus Casquete and we have 16 year
old Andreas Pinillos who is in the 1st team squad. "

Me: " That's just what I want to hear. Though finances are great, the youth system seems to be
working well. So Yes, I'm very happy to accept. "

Maximino Martin: " That is great Senor Andy. I will set up the Press Conference for later and get the current staffs ideas
emailed over to you. Welcome to the club, I look forward to working with you. "

*** We shake hands on the deal and go back to the ground for my quick unveiling to the media ***

Before I'm thrust into the clubs media room and the waiting local press, Maximino Martin hands me a club tie and scarf and orders me to put it on, before I'm presented as the new Manager of Zamora CF.

*** We enter the media room ***

Maximino Martin:
" Buenas tardes a todos. I give you our new Manager. "

Press Officer: " Hola Andy. Welcome to Zamora CF. Why did you accept the offer? "

Me: " I was impressed with what the Chairman has told me and am excited by the potential of the club.
I can't wait to get started. "

Press Officer: " You left your last club, Follo FK, despite leading them to 2 promotions.
Were you not tempted to stay? "

Me: " I'm not prepared to go into too much about what happened at Follo FK.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and want to thank the players, my backroom team and fans for
the fantastic experiences we enjoyed together. "

Press Officer: " You didn't mention the Chairman. Are the reports right you fell out? "

Me: " As I've said I won't be discussing my relationship with Ola Bjorn Fausa.
My contract was up, I received this great opportunity and here I am. "

Press Officer: " I understand. Thank you for your time. "

Next update will be tonight, after England have won!! I hope, lol. (H)

right england where **** need cheering up can we have a update plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back