• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
January 2014(cont...)

160px-Zamora_CF_escudo.png

I poured myself a glass of freshly squeezed Spanish orange juice and went out onto my sun drenched balcony, grabbed a chair and opened up my emails on my laptop. As expected, in my inbox were the emails about the players and non-playing staff that Chairman Maximino Martin had collected and forwarded on for me to look through and see what was at my disposal.

Before I got stuck in, I had a couple of minutes to myself to reflect about what had happened over the last few days. Obviously I'm disappointed with how things ended at Follo FK, but as I didn't seem to have the backing of the Chairman, not only off the pitch, but more importantly on it, in terms of having no money available to strengthen the team and no decent youth academy, I felt it was the right time for a new challenge.
I'm delighted with the offer I received from Zamora CF, here in Spain and am very excited about the prospect of working in a new country and testing myself against stronger opposition in a tougher league with harder challenges in the distance.
I can't wait to start to give the younger players a chance in the 1st team and build a competitive, exciting and talented squad to challenge at the top of the table and also develop a strong, trusting relationship with the Chairman.

1st Team Squad

View attachment 323543

Overall the squad is good and currently the team is under achieving in the league sitting in a disappointing 13th position, which is lower than the media prediction of 8th. Despite the lowly league standing, we are only 12 points of a play off place, but a worrying 6 points away from being dragged into a relegation play off. Luckily we have 20 games to turn a dismal first half of the season into a positive and productive second half of the campaign and to do that, I will need my key players to set the example every time they cross the white line and set the example to the members of the team.

View attachment 323544

Manu Arias - Manu is the team captain and the best of my defenders. I hope his leadership skills and
experience will rub off on some of my younger defenders to help their development.

View attachment 323545

Nacho Matador - Nacho will be key to how the team plays, his general all round ability, will
be at the heart of my midfield and I expect him to make a big contribution to any success we may have.

View attachment 323546

Sergio Garcia -He is my best player at the club and like Nacho Matador, I'm expecting big things
from Sergio, who will be playing on the right of my attacking three in the Inside Forward role.
Unfortunately Sergio is currently out injured for 4 weeks with a
knee injury.

View attachment 323547

Andreas Pinillos - Andreas is the bright young talent of the squad. He came through the youth ranks
and is already part of the 1st team squad. With the right training and guidance, I'm hoping Andreas will
be a fantastic talent for us now and in the future.

View attachment 323548View attachment 323549

Two more hot prospects that have been trained, through the youth system at the club are Midfielder Enrique Alonso
and Forward Jesus Casquete
. Like Andreas Pinillos, I hope both these players can follow in his footsteps
and
play apart in the first team over the coming years.

After I scrutinized the players from the 1st team and Under 19 squad, my next area to look at was the Non-Playing staff. I read through all the current staffs notes and decided that as we are half way through the current season, it would be foolish to disrupt the coaching staff and make too many changes so soon, which is why I have decided to give them the remainder of the campaign to show me what they can offer and how they will help me take the club forward.

View attachment 323552

Wow, dude, just read the OP, good stuff! will read the rest now, thought id comment first though.. you say mines detailed... your's is the most detailed ive ever seen, the writing, is terrific!

looking forword to this just hope thay treat you better than the last lot

Wow, dude, just read the OP, good stuff! will read the rest now, thought id comment first though.. you say mines detailed... your's is the most detailed ive ever seen, the writing, is terrific!

Wow, thanks mate, means lots you think that. Hope u enjoy it. :)

January 2014(cont...)

Segunda Divison B1
Sunday 5th January 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 1,677

Zamora C.F. (1 - 0) Vecindario
Prada

A good win in my first game in charge, but the scoreline should've been more.
The winning goal came deep in 1st half stoppage time, when Alberto Prada headed home from
a tight angle.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 12th January 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 2,014

Zamora C.F. (1 - 0) Atletico 'B'
J.Hernandez

Another home win and again it was by a single goal.
Jorge Hernandez was the hero, when he finished off a good move in the 15th minute,
to give us our second consecutive league win.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 19th January 2014
Pasaron. Att: 3,487

Pontevedra (0 - 0) Zamora C.F.

A frustrating draw today, as we dominated for large spells of the game.
We lacked that decisive bit of quality in final third, as both teams had to settle for a point each.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 26th January 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 1,917

Zamora C.F. (1 - 0) Rayo 'B'
Pinillos

Another win by a single goal and we continued our impressive start under my management.
The goal was a screamer by hot prospect Andreas Pinillos. The 16 year old midfielder
picked up a loose ball and struck an unstoppable left footed effort, which flew over the helpless keeper.

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

With a few games under my belt, it gave me more of an idea what areas need strengthening and who could leave the club. As their was no money available for permanent transfer deals, I had to look to the loan market for any deals that will add more competition and depth to the team.

View attachment 323691

Sergio Postigo - We needed some back up in the centre back area and signing Sergio on loan for the
rest of the season, will provide much needed experience and squad rotation for the other defenders.

View attachment 323692

Carles - With not many other options in the centre of midfield, it was essential I could bring Carles
in and with his past experience in the lower Spanish leagues, I'm hoping it will benefit the squad. He has also
joined on a season long loan.

View attachment 323693

David Anon - Another forward to play down the middle of my attacking 3 washigh on my wish list.
When I saw David was available, I acted swiftly and brought him in for the remainder of the season.

View attachment 323694

A brilliant first month in charge of my new club, with 3 wins and a draw. In the games we won, it was a concern that we didn't secure the victory by more goals, but hopefully once the players get used to the new formation and playing style, we will start to finish of games a little more comfortably.
Andreas Pinillos has been outstanding and though he is only 16 years old, he has shown a maturity that deserves his current first team action, it's now down to me and the coaching staff to ensure we don't rush his development.

where is the next update 9hrs is too ****** long in need my fix now lol

February 2014

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 2nd February 2014
Antonio Domingues Alfonso. Att: 543

C.D Marino (2 - 1) Zamora C.F
Jacobo

My first loss and a very disappointing one too.
We fell behind in the 19th minute from a well worked set piece, but pulled level, when midfielder
Jacobo struck a fierce right footed effort in off the post. My half time team talk was undone straight from
the start of the 2nd half, as we conceded straight from the restart.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 9th February 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 1,863

Zamora C.F (1 - 1) Guadalajara
D.Hernandez

A good draw against a side tipped to be in the play offs come the end of the season.
We fell behind in the 18th minute, when the striker got behind our defence and scored with ease. Dani
Hernandez then got us level with a fine finish after good work down our right.
The game was marred by a serious injury to our star play, Nacho Matador, who was stretchered off
in the 94th minute with a suspected torn calf muscle.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 16th February 2014
Ruta de la Plata. Att: 1,948

Zamora C.F (2 - 1) Leganes
J.Rodriguez(2)

Our first win of the month and it came against the side that showed some interest in appointing
me as their manager before I took the Zamora C.F job.
Javi Rodriguez was the match winner, as he grabbed a brace to end our winless run.

Segunda Division B1
Sunday 23rd February 2014
Mareo. Att: 495

Sporting 'B' (0 - 1) Zamora C.F
Jacobo

Two wins on the bounce and 3 points in our quest to stage a late rally for a play off place.
Our opposition were 2 places above us, so it was a game we had to win, and we duly obliged, as
Jacobo swept the ball home from the edge of the area with 12 minutes remaining.

TRANSFER NEWS

View attachment 323845

Luis Ali - Luis has joined the club on a pre-contract deal, that will see him join us at the end of
the current season. Both my Assistant Sami
Merino and Scout Fernando Bragado brought the
young Bolivian striker to my attention with a couple of glowing scout reports.
I'm hoping the 19 year old striker will live upto expectations when he arrives in July.

View attachment 323850

A good productive month both on and off the pitch. We did really well against a couple of teams above us in the league and also managed to strengthen the squad by bringing in 3 loan players. I was also pleased with the response the players gave following our first defeat under my management.
The big blow was losing star player Nacho Matador, who will be missing for about 5 months with a torn calf muscle. I'm hoping the team can rally round and still produce the performances we have been doing lately.

Amazing story!! Don't usually like lots of text as I have the attention span of a 5 year old!! But this has me hooked!!!

Tremendous. Great job mate, as always. I'm rooting for you.

Cheers mate, going to be a tough ask to get into play offs, but if I don't, hopefully next year with a full season I can make it. Got some good regens, who are being produced, so will help. :)

Amazing story!! Don't usually like lots of text as I have the attention span of a 5 year old!! But this has me hooked!!!

Thanks, didn't want to have loads of text, but enough to get people hooked and make it interesting.

Cheers for the comment. (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back