TicTactition

Reaction score
View attachment 215627

Andrea Pirlo has called time on his illustrious playing career.

After a career which included over 121 caps for Italy today Andrea Pirlo has hung up his boots, a season in New York topped off a great career for the man who had spells with Brescia, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus. When asked about future plans, Pirlo responded to the media by quoting:

"Well I still want to be heavily involved with football, I already have my coaching badges and I'd like to be involved in some sort of capacity. I've always thought of myself as a mastermind as a player so can I transfer them as a manager? We will see."

There has been a few whispers of Pirlo returning to one of his former clubs as he has been pictured in Italy most recently but when questioned with this Andrea replied:

"This is all news at the minute, I'm looking for a job which will be right for me. I'm under no time restraint and if the right job comes along we will see where it goes."
'

View attachment 215623

View attachment 215616

Chapter 1; Making Choices.

Since my interview I've had plenty of calls from clubs asking me of my availability. I'm suprised and humbled by offers but there has been some places which I wouldn't dream of going but I won't mention clubs out of respect. We have to make the best decision for me and where I can progress and feel relaxed. I've never been a man who likes an easy ride so I will be looking for a job which provides a challenge. I've narrowed it down to a few options which would be best for me.

View attachment 215615

Chapter 2; Narrowing it down.

View attachment 215614

Juventus - Obviously my home, I adored putting on the stripes in Turin. I enjoyed my best playing days in my latter career with me creating my own role now commonly known as the Deep-Lying Playmaker. Whilst it would be a good job, could I emulate my success as a player there aswell as a manager? Sometimes it is best to leave things with a good relationship

View attachment 215613

Borussia Dortmund - Alot of people have fallen in love with the club over the years after Jurgen Klopps magnificent job he did and the famous Champions League final they got to. A squad which feels like a family, it has great appeal to it but a negative is not being able to keep hold of their top players which is hard to stomach after you start building a team.

View attachment 215612

CSKA Moscow
- Regularly challenging with Zenit for the Russian Title. They are hoping to build in Europe and build their stature, would it be too much to try lure players over to Russia? There is a fierce atmosphere there in Moscow and it would be a good job for me to begin at and have no expectations in Europe.

View attachment 215611

New York - After my news of telling them I was retiring, I was called into the boardroom and asked how I felt about taking the managerial role. I'm currently here and wouldn't have to get used to a new city or try settle in. Again the pros come with the cons the MLS isn't the highest quality league in the world and with the draft rules it may be hard to build a squad.

Last edited:
View attachment 215601

No, to Moscow.

We cannot accept the job in Moscow, I feel that the climate over there is far too cold for me to enjoy, also Russia isn't really my thing I believe that settling into the country would be more fuss than it is worth

Russia is somewhere which doesn't interest me, although CSKA was offering me a mammoth contract to go there money has never really been an issue to me as much.

There is no real quality which I feel I would be able to develop over there aswell, most of the jobs pros was outweighed by the cons.

View attachment 215594

No News in New York

I enjoyed my short stint in New York and the city is beautiful, but I think there is plenty of development which needs to be done in the U.S.A. to transform it so there is a strong appeal for players to go there in their prime. I feel that a lack of quality in the league would be hard for me to pull players in which i'd like.

Also the draft rules are something which can split a squad which you've worked so hard to create.

Maybe this would be a future job in the next decade or so, we will have to come to that corner when we reach it.

Last edited:
View attachment 215590

Allegri not greedy

Despite being linked with the Chelsea job after Jose Mourinho's recent doubters, Massimo Allegri has stated that he is happy at Juventus and has unfinished business at the Old Lady.

He turned down a £200,000 a week contract at the Blues and instead signed a new 5-year deal at Juventus which all fans seem to be delighted with.

With the news confirmed there is only one place left for Andrea Pirlo.

View attachment 215587

Fortunes in Dortmund?

A club who over the past 5 years I grew a huge admiration for after the way they suddenly broke onto the scene. When they reached a Champions League final with a team which cost less than 35m was unbelievable. Everything about this club screamed out to me, the famous yellow wall is a delight on TV; I can't wait to be managing infront of it.

I'm always learning and I've agreed with the Chairman and Directors that the objective this year is to qualify for the Champions League as we are aware how strong Bayern are and would be unrealistic at trying to better them.

I'm excited with the youth academy which we have at our disposal, the training facilities are excellent and I have agreed that rather than spending huge transfer fee's on players I would rather blood our youngsters in and bring players through the academy.

Good to see you back mate. Always enjoy your stories and look forward to this one. :)

View attachment 215216

Tweaking things

From the minute I arrived I realise I have a fantastic team at my disposal which has some fantastic quality boasting the likes of Marco Reus and Mats Hummels as shown below.

View attachment 215215View attachment 215214

I don't want to make too many wholesale changes and upset the applecart but I will be keeping my eye out for the odd bargain and where the transfer represents value for money. We have fantastic youth already at our disposal so I'll be looking at them first rather than spending millions on a foreigner. I'm already looking forward to getting started and below are a few youth prospects who I'm rather interested in our academy.

View attachment 215213View attachment 215212

View attachment 214577

First Arrival at Signal Iduna

View attachment 214574

View attachment 214571

View attachment 214573

A great value for money fore the young talented winger. Possessing lightning fast speed and the ability to play either wing he will provide good options for us and he comes in for a very cheap fee. He has still got time to develop as a player aswell and I'm sure that he will be dazzling people at the Signal Iduna on his day.

View attachment 214556

Second signing swiftly follows

View attachment 214547

View attachment 214544

View attachment 214542

One for the future, Yuri Mamute will be training with the second team but will be given his chance. At just 20 years old his stats are already incredible and no doubt he will be one **** of a player in a few years time. We will see how he progresses in the first few months and he will get a shot in the first team when the chances arrive. We have lots of hope for the lad and will be working hard with him to get him settled in as quick as possible.

View attachment 214540

Choice for Reus

View attachment 214539

Reports are coming out of the Santiago Bernabeu that Real Madrid have launched a mammoth 65m bid for Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus. This will be an attempt of their marquee signing of the summer, the offer may be too good to refuse for Dortmund who can strengthen the team in other departments with the money. However will Andrea Pirlo want to part with one of his best players despite being at Dortmund for less than a week?

View attachment 980414

View attachment 214159

View attachment 214157

View attachment 214156

Routine wins for us here, the only thing I could of asked for more is goals! But it is still early and we are not yet into the season, we had a number of chances to make the scoreline bigger in either game but we didn't make them count. Young Pione Sisto got off to the dream debut for us by winning the game with an amazing solo goal where he rounded 3 players before putting it into the top corner, it was a glimpse of the things we may get to see this season.

In the second leg and the home tie, my first competitive game infront of the Signal Iduna 'Yellow Wall'; what a crowd. The reception I received was fantastic and the fans are out of this world. We should have been home and dry by half time but only for their goalkeeper to have probably the best 45 minutes of his career. Shortly after the break the deadlock was broken and Marco Reus opened the scoring, in the dying embers of the game when we was in cruise control Shinji all but secured us a trip in the playoffs for a spot in the Europa League with a lovely chip.

View attachment 214155

Last edited:
View attachment 980394

View attachment 213210

View attachment 213209

View attachment 213208

We progress to the group stages. Again, could have done with bigger margins but wins are wins and goals are flowing. We pushed them into submission in both matches and peppered them with about 20 shots on target in either game but didn't find the goal as much as we should have. Henrikh has staked his place on the left wing as Marco Reus has suffered a broken leg. One slight disappointment was that we conceded but it's not life ending and we continue into the group stages.

View attachment 213157

Felix Passlack

View attachment 213155

View attachment 213152

Makes his debut, breaks record as German Cups youngest ever player, gets MOTM on his debut and an incredible 5 assists from RB. He has incredible potential and has gone the right way about it by absolutely being the dominant player in this game, he will get his chances in the Bundesliga this year and depending on how he performs for the Dortmund II team.

View attachment 213145

View attachment 213144

Dominant. Played a rotated side due to the Europa League and tried giving some fringe players a shot and they didn't disappoint despite it being inferior opposition, I have a headache on who to select for the first league game against Cologne as so many players are pulling the strings at the minute but there is a little gap before then so we will assess it when it comes to the matchday.

Debuts was handed out to Felix Passlack, Christian Pulisic, Alen Ozbolt and Patrick Fritsch from the youth team.

Debuts was also handed out to new signings Gonzalo Castro and Julian Weigl,

Last edited:
View attachment 980581

View attachment 213129

View attachment 213127

A great way to open the campaign and I'm delighted that we kept a clean sheet in our first game. All our goals came in the first half an hour, we came rushing out the blocks and Cologne just wasn't ready for us. We could have added to our tally but three points and a clean sheet will do kindly. The fans was excellent and show why they are some of the best fans in the world.

The only negatives I thought of the game was that we didn't control the majority of possession and we got a few too many bookings for my liking and the injury to Marco Reus put a dark cloud on a very positive day.

View attachment 213126