View attachment 207562

View attachment 207560

View attachment 207559

'Thank You'

Today Fernando Hierro paid gratitude to ex-employers Borussia Dortmund and ex-manager Andrea Pirlo for honoring his word on releasing him should a manager offer came in. He went on to say: 'At the year we had at Dortmund I learned alot from everyone around me and I feel I offered alot to some players, I hope we meet again in the future'.

View attachment 207548

View attachment 207547

We've decided to splash the cash to show we are re-investing the money into the team and we are not a selling club. Hakan Calhanoglu is the player I've been after since day 1. I've got nothing but utter admiration for him, he has a deadly freekick on him and is a very intelligent player. The £30m price tag means nothing, we managed to get £50m for Ilkay, there will be other signings but I've been after this guy for a while. Like below shows I remember at just 20 years of age before I was manager here he went and smashed a 45-yard freekick past us.

Horn in, Burki Out

View attachment 207536

View attachment 207535

Great news for us. I never said it last year as I didn't want to damage his confidence and upset a player but one pitch that we desperately needed to improve was the goalkeeper position. Weidenfeller was hanging his boots up so we knew we atleast needed one keeper but when Timo Horn became available I thought I'd go for it. A quality young German goalkeeper who has signed as a rotation player but during contract talks I told him that there is no reason why he can't be #1 and take Rulli's place. In net spend we've replaced Roman Burki for Jeronimo Rulli and Timo Horn for £1.5m. Im delighted.

View attachment 207529

Interesting.

I'm starting to build my own team here at Dortmund but do I think about the career move? FC Barcelona probably the most dominant team in Europe in the past 10 years. The best player on the planet in Lionel Messi whom used to run me ragged every time I played against him, this is a big decision I must go away and think about.

I'm not sure are I commented yet in this story but good job!! I say stay at BVB at least one more season :) (And if you go to Barca I can't follow this anymore! HALA MADRID!!!)

I'm not sure are I commented yet in this story but good job!! I say stay at BVB at least one more season :) (And if you go to Barca I can't follow this anymore! HALA MADRID!!!)

Cheers man, all will be revealed soon!

I agree with Jamie stay to Dortmund and create your own Barca !!!

View attachment 206129

Im Staying

Today Andrea Pirlo announced he would be staying as manager of Borussia Dortmund after rejecting Barcelonas approach.
He went on to say 'We are building a dynasty here and I believe although Barcelona are a massive football team in the world, I want to start winning trophies with something I have created, not inherited. Maybe one day in the future, now just isn't the right time and I'm delighted to be in the position I am with Borussia Dortmund.'

View attachment 205862

View attachment 205861

View attachment 205860

Good start to the season getting back at Bayern.

Even though we fell one behind we rallied the troops and looked on the same level as Bayern for the 90 minutes. It hasn't taken Christian Benteke long to net his first goals for the club. We know what qualities we can use in Christian and his first was a great poachers finish while the latter goal he made Jerome Boateng look like a schoolboy by dominating him in the air to give us the winner.

We now have 2 quality strikers at the club and I've assured that Auba will be playing but needs to fight for his place in the team especially after this hungry performance from Benteke, he has hit the ground running for us and we pick up our first trophy of the season.

View attachment 205859

View attachment 205858

View attachment 205857

I feel on top of the world again.

We've beat Bayern twice in the space of a week. Both times we've matched them and gone on to win the game although this time it took penalties to win us this one. My Man of The Match today was none other than our goalkeeper Timo Horn for winning us the cup. A penalty save in the 88th minute from Vidal and saved 3/4 in the shootout including another from Vidal brought it home for us. It's been noted that although he is the backup option after todays performance he will be challenging Geronimo for the #1 spot.

View attachment 205856

View attachment 205855

View attachment 205854

We did what was expected. I have an idea of a rough team for the first matchday of the season but I still wanted to see if I can be impressed by others. Man of The Match today was young Thiago Maia who was signed in the summer, playing in the hole just above the defence he commanded the game and even got a goal for himself. He showed today we can adapt losing a attacking midfielder and still being able to fashion out chances for ourselves.

27 shots to 0 says everything about the game really, it could have been more but I was impressed with the way we played and stayed professional. Another brace for Christian showed that he's not settling for a place on the bench and he is giving me a headache.

View attachment 991712

View attachment 205852

View attachment 205851

Nice way to start off the campaign, we give Mainz a real pasting the first 45 minutes and could have been 6 or 7 before half-time. I told the lads to push on after half-time but we kind of stayed in cruise control which slightly annoyed me because we could of got so much more.

It wouldn't be normal without Auba getting off to a flying start and with 1 game in the league he already has his matchball which I'm sure won't be the last of them, he's a fantastic talent who wants to build on a terrific season he had last year.

View attachment 205849

View attachment 205848

View attachment 205847
Some groups I'd obviously like to avoid are PSG, Real Madrid and Chelsea. Any others I'd be more than happy about, we would realistically like to win the group and get as far in the competition as we can but we will be happy with whatever we get.

View attachment 205846

A good draw yes, the only negative being the away game which will be in Russia and a long-round trip but it wont matter to us as we are in the best competition in the world. There are some tasty groups already such as Juventus and Atletico, PSG and Man City and Real Madrid tied with Arsenal lets move on to the 3rd seeds.

View attachment 205845

Tough with Fiorentina but its a winnable game and I feel that we are the dominant team in the group, group A looks the toughest as Tottenham have invested heavilly in the summer and will want to progress to the next round. Going into the last seeds I'd like to avoid Celtic and Monaco but anyone else I'd be happy with.

View attachment 205844

The group ends with Rijeka, making their Champions League debut but they are by no means any mugs as last season they made it to the knockout rounds of the Europa League and had many suprising results along the way but if we keep going and keep our heads then there is no way they should stand in our way.

View attachment 991722

View attachment 205843

View attachment 205842

Simply put, they took their chances and we didn't.

An early race into a two goal lead isn't what we needed. It put us on the back foot chasing all game, although we pulled one back before the break we still had to chase and when we was going for a point we got hit on the counter by the best player on the pitch today, Karim Bellarabi who was excellent. 3-1 flatters Leverkusen but it's all about the result.