View attachment 980633

View attachment 213113

View attachment 213111

Fantastic response to us losing two of our best players to injury. A team similar to us in calibre and quality we put them to the sword today in a very entertaining game which any team could have ended up winning but we took the spoils away from home and back to Dortmund.

A magnificent individual display by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang which saw him take home the matchball which he fully deserved and I hope it's the first of many I see from him.

View attachment 980664

View attachment 980667

First out are the 1st seeds of the competition.

View attachment 213104

Dortmund are drawn in Group H, who will be joining them from the second seeds?

View attachment 213103

AZ Alkamaar from Holland, Group B looks a feisty affair already with Tottenham and Fiorentina. Time for the 3rd seeds.

View attachment 213102

Dortmund probably get the hardest of the 3rd seeds with Bordeaux. Now onto the last part of the draw, the 4th seeds.

View attachment 213100

We finish off with Zurich of Switzerland. A very winnable group but some possible slip-ups in there. We will need to work hard to progress to the next round, some players will also get a chance to show me what they can do in this competition.

View attachment 980741

View attachment 213072

View attachment 213071

We was awful today and there is nowhere to hide after games like today. The first half was the worst I've ever seen any team play whilst I've been a part of it, it was pathetic. We was lucky not to be 5-0 down at half-time. After a grilling of every player we came out and was the better team 2nd half but left ourselves far too much to do and a task too big to tackle.

After the full time whistle I asked the players to go over and applaud the fans who had made the journey to watch that shambolic first half performance. We will be giving all fans who attended the game free tickets to our next away match as an apologetic gesture.

View attachment 980776

View attachment 213056

View attachment 213055

Not a pretty win by any means but 3 points regardless. Another goal from Auba carries on his great start to the season. We controlled the majority of the game and could have had more goals but it was a very scrappy game with no real quality from either team.

We have only slipped up once so far but I can't stress the importance of staying focused in games. Everyone had us nailed of favorites for the Stuttgart game but they punished us.

We have our first midweek game in the Europa League and I'll look forward to my first European venture with BVB.

View attachment 213007

Rekindling old romances?

View attachment 213004

Liverpools Jurgen Klopp has taken to the media to say that his team are in the market in January for a new centre-back due to the leaky defence conceding so many goals at the start of the new campaign. When asked about a potential name Jurgen replied: 'Neven from Borussia, he follows me everywhere right?' it was said in a usual jokey manner of the German. The transfer would make sense as he had Subotic at Mainz and then he followed him to Dortmund but he will have to stump up big money for the Serbian should he want to sign him.

Dortmund manager Andrea Pirlo refused to comment on the subject.

View attachment 212998

View attachment 980968

View attachment 212981

View attachment 212980

We did what was expected. Julian Weigl got the award of MOTM but had been kicking up a fuss earlier in the week about not enough playing time and didn't like my idea of working his way into the team. With performances like these he won't go far wrong about staying in my plans.

A rotated squad to keep everybody fresh keeps my options open and allows me to have different ideas should I ever want to change things.

View attachment 212883

Reinforcements in.

View attachment 212882View attachment 212881

We have brought in two world class coaches which will help massively with training. I'm always on the lookout to better the club and these two signings are impressive in themselves. Gerd Muller is a legend in German football and a household name, while Niko Kovac was most recently in charge of the Croatian National Team and it took him alot of persuading to join us.

View attachment 981407

View attachment 212803

View attachment 212802

I can't really have a go at the team today. We had the chances to score but just didn't take them, Gladbach did. We was punished for not being clinical and ultimately missed out on the three points which was the important thing, we will push forward to the next game.

We want to go on a run and keep consistency. The players have the quality and they know that.

Last edited:
View attachment 981458

View attachment 981461

View attachment 212780

Delighted.

One draw I'd take every day of the week. Although most of the game was spent defending we have got to be realistic in saying that Bayern are the best team in the world and we would have taken anything from this match beforehand.

We hung on so long but it would have been criminal if we left the Allianz with 3 points. No wins in three but a result to build on.

View attachment 212777

First Impressions

View attachment 212776

First of all the Bundesliga has thrown out alot of suprises. I think the result at Stuttgart threw a few people off guard and we need to get back on track and back to winning ways. We have played alot of tough games already though and we should take that into consideration. The overall squad is still happy and we are still working to get where we feel we want to be. I want to build on the two clean sheets we have had as a good defence ensures that confidence breeds throughout the team.

View attachment 212766

We havn't had a bad start but some teams will drop off and not keep up this run. Wolfsburg havn't had the best of starts but no doubt they will pick up as they are a fantastic team with some brilliant players. Bayern look to be flying and we are the only team in the league to have taken points from them.

Best player so far

View attachment 212762

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Been lethal infront of the goal, 7 in 7 in the league and frightening defences with his electric pace. He's a great lad and amazing to coach, definately one of our most important players this season.

October

View attachment 212760

Going venturing in Europe and then we end the month with a Halloween derby vs Schalke. Will we be in for a trick or a treat this month?

Mind games begin

View attachment 211445

View attachment 211444

I can take criticism

The recent comments made by Jurgen Klopp on manager Andrea Pirlo have no meaning to him says the Italian. He explained:

'I understand Jurgens concern over Dortmund as he was adored as a manager here but I don't think a bad start is the right way to put things. They are hardly disasterous and we are showing dramatic improvements.'

When questioned about lack of high profile players being signed Andrea replied:

'We have a great academy and coaches here to nurture younger players into greater players. A big transfer fee for a player is easy to do but it takes away the magic of bringing one of your own through.'

View attachment 985843

View attachment 210933

View attachment 210932
A great response today and one way to silence the critics.

We should have won by 6 or 7 and smashed our goal difference up. But with a good result today came a hefty price to pay. We lost both Aubameyang and Gundogan to injuries which looked quite serious. We do not know the extent until the physio has assessed them.

But it we have a large squad and that's where other players can fit in and do the job for us. We are moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
Very nice start mate!

Your Raul story was the one which made me start writing, so I'm definitely going to follow!

View attachment 985853

View attachment 210930

View attachment 210929

3 in a row for Dortmund and unbeaten in 5.

Since Jurgens little dig at us we have rallied as a team and come together to prove him wrong.

Today we came from behind to win, a great trait to have in a team. Despite conceding first we never let our heads or even our performance drop and deserved the win today; we was nothing short of brilliant in the work rate area. Julian Weigl got his first for the club and I don't think it will be the last for the great young player.