Andy Gray Leaves Sky Sports

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 198
  • Views Views 11K

Did he deserve to be sacked?

• Total voters
Lost for words, this country needs to grow some balls again, you can’t say nothing now without the fear it could be deemed politically un-correct, where the fun has gone from our country, no wonder everyone goes around with grumpy and has foul temper. Gray has been an asset to Sky, he along with Keys is one of the reason it was a great show.
It was said off camera, but yet it is wrong, better be careful what I say at home, could be locked up

i have never liked andy grey or richard keyes, i will be glad to not have to listen to andy grey on sky sports anymore and hopefully ea sports will terminate his contract for the fifa games too. Really dont understand why a lot of you are defending him.

Two of them made sexiest marks at work (not down the pub or at in the staduim) They happened to be recored, also andy grey made comments about sian pitchside too as well. Also andy grey also never phoned to make a appoligy keyes did. At the end of the day to say that football is a mans sport is completely sexiest, football should be opened to all and if they are good enough to officate then why not let them do there job at the end of the day she had a excellent game and the one decision she did make it was spot on.

Lost for words, this country needs to grow some balls again, you can’t say nothing now without the fear it could be deemed politically un-correct, where the fun has gone from our country, no wonder everyone goes around with grumpy and has foul temper. Gray has been an asset to Sky, he along with Keys is one of the reason it was a great show.
It was said off camera, but yet it is wrong, better be careful what I say at home, could be locked up

It's the fact they're supposed to be representatives of the game and and professionals, and should not be making comments like these as:
a) Famous pundits of the game.
b) In the workplace.

Go say the same thing to a female co-worker in front of your boss, enjoy the consequences.

You're taking two completely separate situations and making them equal. Silly comparison. 5/10 for trolling though.

EDIT: And to add, why must football be a man's sport? It's separated as a sport between genders due to the natural biological differences between the genders, not because it's the Male's divine right as a Man to play the sport independently. Would you stop your girlfriend watching it too? There's no good reason a woman can't officiate, a part from the storm the media whips up every time it happens.

Last edited:
It's the fact they're supposed to be representatives of the game and and professionals, and should not be making comments like these as:
a) Famous pundits of the game.
b) In the workplace.

Go say the same thing to a female co-worker in front of your boss, enjoy the consequences.

You're taking two completely separate situations and making them equal. Silly comparison. 5/10 for trolling though.

Any need for the smart **** "trolling" comment? No, I didn't think there was any need either.It wasn't even trolling - he is just giving his side of the argument,even if he does fail to take into consideration the consequences as you stated.

Back on topic, I think it's good that Sky have grown some balls and got rid of the boring old man. Ridiculous comment.

Any need for the smart **** "trolling" comment? No, I didn't think there was any need either.It wasn't even trolling - he is just giving his side of the argument,even if he does fail to take into consideration the consequences as you stated.

Back on topic, I think it's good that Sky have grown some balls and got rid of the boring old man. Ridiculous comment.

Wasn't being a smart ****, thought he was. But anyway, sorry.

Don't think he deserved the sack but I also don't think its PC gone mad. He has warped, immature views IMO (on the whole women in football issue).

Last edited:
Did he deserve the sacking?

For what he was sacked for, not entirely, maybe a pretty bad fine + public apology
Is this a great scapegoat to dump Mr. Gray? Yus. I think Sky's been egging to do this

Yes, he fully deserved to be sacked for being a **** for 20 years.

Did he deserve the sacking?

For what he was sacked for, not entirely, maybe a pretty bad fine + public apology
Is this a great scapegoat to dump Mr. Gray? Yus. I think Sky's been egging to do this

I don't get why public apology's are deemed an acceptable consequence. 9/10 times it's quite clear the employer has put them up to it to save what little PR they have left, very rarely is it heartfelt, and listening to the recording I don't see Gray being genuinely sorry for his words.

Best decision Sky will ever make! Not the first time he's come out with stupid comments. Also, it wasn't just the conversation with Keys, but also Andy Burton. Don't think Keys deserves the sack though at least he apologised to her (and he wasn't even put up to it)

He also over-analyses everything! He's a sexist pig, no wonder he's had like 5 kids and 4 from different partners! Sorry if anybody has answered this (wasn't going to read 7 pages!) but the incident in December is this:

YouTube - Andy Gray and Richard Keys Full Unseen Sexist Clip With Charlotte Jackson - Andy Gray Sky Sports

I don't get why public apology's are deemed an acceptable consequence. 9/10 times it's quite clear the employer has put them up to it to save what little PR they have left, very rarely is it heartfelt, and listening to the recording I don't see Gray being genuinely sorry for his words.

It doesn't MATTER if he's not really sorry, it's all for show, Andy Gray's an old man, and he doesn't feel the guilt eating at him that a less developed (ment.) younger person would see, which in this day in age, wouldn't be much.

All just to be P.C.

Rangers fans tonight were singing "One andy gray theres only one Andy Gray" XD got to love the scottish banter :D

Neville on Sky, Wow Imagine the biased ***** if him and Jamie in the same room+

Back