Any Guitarists.. ? ?

dannyfiveo

Reaction score
Wondered if there's any guitarists on Fm-Base...

Just curious of what style of music you play, how long you been playing and which artists influenced you to learn
Also what model and style guitar do you own

For me the main one was Elliott Smith an awesome song writer and musician
Unfortunately he is not with us anymore but he was the main reason I wanted to play...

I play acoustic and currently have a Simon & Patrick SP6 Cedar.. and for the price I paid I pretty much stole it from the guy on eBay..
I've been playing for around 5 years
SIMONPATRICKSP6Acoustic1.jpg

That's not my actual photo of my guitar, just a stock photo for now off one currently on eBay

Last edited:
I started playing a years ago, but haven't done so for a few. So I'm a bit rusty, but I'm starting up again once I get my left handed acoustic.
Radiohead influenced me, I love them :D

I've actually started to think about getting my own guitar! I've been playing a friends for the last week or so, and really enjoyed it :) managed to kinda learn the Super mario theme tune! :)

Can play basics on an acoustic, that's about it.

I am no Jimi Hendrix, put it that way.

I have a guitar, but unfortunately i am unable to play it :'(

I just hang it on my wall because it looks pretty cool

I would love to be able to play like Matt Bellamy from Muse though, he is a god

This is the guitar I have

260254916017-1.jpg

Ridethewalrus
Radiohead are brilliant, Love Thom Yorke, I can play Karma Police & Street Spirit but really really would love to be able to play Paranoid Android... left hander then ... all the best guitarists are left handers haha

What model is that ?

coach carter
I'm currently selling my old guitar on eBay, it's nothing spectacular but is perfect for a learner.. nice big sounding dreadnaught , it's acoustic though

Played it for ten years, taught classically. I've stopped playing recently, so I'm very rusty, and I still can't bear to use a plectrum.

78-large.jpg

My latest guitar, got it in August. I've been playing for 2 years now.

I like to play some Jack Johnson style guitar playing, but I play quite a wide variety of music. I started with the aim of playing the solo of Sweet Child O' Mine, but having realised it's too difficult I'll have to settle for playing the intro.

Songs I'm learning at the moment are Adam Rafferty's version of Superstition and Tomi Paldanius's version of Livin' on a Prayer. Youtube them if you want to hear what they're like!

I envy you haha... So I imagine you're incredible at fingerpicking styles and such... only thing I tend to struggle with, I can do Radioheads - street spirit pretty good but think that's my limit

I like some Jack Johnson songs, some are really good to play.. Seeing as your into Jack Johnson, give Elliott Smith a go if you're unfamiliar with him, he's got some really good acoustic songs

Legend with a guitar, guitar hero champion. (H)

Radiohead are brilliant, Love Thom Yorke, I can play Karma Police & Street Spirit but really really would love to be able to play Paranoid Android... left hander then ... all the best guitarists are left handers haha

Jimmi Hendrix was left handed :D My inspiration :D
If you like Radiohead, listen to 'Porcupine Tree'. Learn this - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIM5M6FmnmY"]YouTube - Porcupine Tree - Trains[/ame]

Epic song.Epic band.

Ridethewalrus
8seconds in and I like it already ... what album is this off ?

EDIT: sorry thought it was Radiohead for a minute... good song.. I'll have a look into them

8seconds in and I like it already ... what album is this off ?

'In absentia' :D
It's a really under-rated band. Listen to Lazarus, Blackest eye, the sound of Muzak, Fear of a blank planet, Halo all by Porcupine Tree. :wub::wub::wub:

My uncle owns a guitar shop, but i have never really gotten into it.

I envy you haha... So I imagine you're incredible at fingerpicking styles and such... only thing I tend to struggle with, I can do Radioheads - street spirit pretty good but think that's my limit

Nah, I'm not that good, I'm just much more used to it. I can only really play fingerstyle. My left (fret) hand is all wonky, though, which doesn't help with anything. I can't be bothered to readjust my style after all these years.

Been playing guitar for 8 years now, since I was 10. Influences are people like Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix and Brian May.

I mainly play classic rock and have recently taught myself to play the ol Spanish music.

I'm a child of the 80's so hair metal all the way. Been getting into neo-classical shred but sweep picking at around 200bpm is still a work in progress. Running a Parker Fly/Fernandes Revolver Pro into a Randall RM100. Occasionally play a bit of Jazz with a Ibanez AF75 and Roland JC100. Too many pedals to count. Have a few others as well. Thinking about buying a new Charvel San Dimas

If you can get past the looks of a Parker - it's higly recommended. Also play a bit of Bass

Last edited: